Xers *Taking on the Challenge TUESDAY*

teddy16410

Cathlete
ج Phase 2/ Day 44 / Plyo X /Rd 2 ج

~~No Doubles Day~~

Very sore this morning in Chest and Triceps even tho I didn’t push myself like I usually do on ttom week.

Well I couldn’t deal with having nothing due to arrive from UPS so off I went and purchased….
Got the Christi Taylor- *Totally Hot Cardio
Siva Rea: *Creative Core Abs and *Yoga Shakti and *Sun Salutations- that should hold me over for awhile! I was hooked once I viewed her DVDs…. She is my kind of lady. Reminds me of ME! ***Hahahahahahah***

Ψ Jeanette X
Hope planning meeting was productive and helped get everyones head in right place… my tummy has butterflys for you! It seems you and I have the same Yoga tastes… Perhaps it’s the CA influence ? Not Hollywood- I’ve always thought of Hollywood/LA people as a state all their own! Lea is in Burbank but she really is a closet Northern CA girl I think… she likes the eastern influence to -

Ψ Tracy X
Hope you got to do your wacky run yesterday! I know you like those and I’m sure it feels like far too long in between days! Thanks for helping me spend so much $$ on Shiva! At least I control myself on the clothing line tho- I don’t do 40-100.00 on workout gear!

Ψ Sandra X
Hows Sarge? Feel like we haven’t talked much since vacation … sure miss your multi day updates!! I’m sure you are plum tuckered out from the nits…. {{{{{{{{{{{sarge}}}}}}}}}}

Ψ Debra X
So on a scale of 1-10 just how busy are you with prepping the move? LOL…. I cannot imagine trying to prep for such a big move! The last time I changed states I sold/threw-out EVERYTHING except for 1 moving box of clothes and my car! It was very freeing – I think I need to pretend I’m moving again to get rid of the accumulation of 16 years in same city.
Glad DD is better- I’m sure you get more done when you have a few hours a day all to yourself.
Congrats on the superb strength gains with SH! Well done post X!

Ψ Laurie X
Oh yes get your subscription! You get the new issues WEEKS before they hit stands… Don’t know why that feels good to me but it does! I’m sure DD will keep herself nice and busy with the babysitting! Great way to earn some fun money too.

ټ Wendy
Well I guess I think perfectionists have the greatest challenge with X because phase 1 can be brutal – especially if you think the X is “no big deal”…. I struggled with listening to my body – I thought I knew best and with Tony – ya gotta just trust him. The days I wasn’t strong, or couldn’t increase weights or pushups I was ready to throw in towel…. It was a lesson for me to open my mind that someone can “just” do their best and forget the rest…. That’s hard to do if you’re a perfectionist. I think that’s why a lot of die hard fitness people never make it to day 90… too mentally challenging to not be able to give it 150% every single day. Just my psych 101.
LOL on our cycles all becoming harmonious… I absolutely believe that in close groups the cycles become aligned. At least we’ll both me lean & happy next week!
Tell Phil we want to see that 6 pack SOON!

ټ Nicole
My arms are nice & toasty from CH/SG/TRI yesterday too! I swear I dislike it but yet I do enjoy feeling buff for a day or 2 after! I wasn’t able to push it too hard myself- it was day 1 of cycle so I wasn’t suppose to anyway. It actually made me VERY happy not to have to do cardio (dbls) this week. I can sure tell that I have overstressed my body by doing more on the days I should be doing less…. It only took 44 years to learn!

ټ Teddygirl
Where’s my Latrese??????? Missed you Monday!

ټ Amy
Hope you are enjoying last few days of guests & vacation! We miss ya tho!

ټ Cheryl
Happy Day 1 !!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!! ^^^^5!!!!!!!! GO FOR IT!!!! We want DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!

ټ Mary
Congrats on Floyd! What great fun he’ll be “helping” you grunt with X!

ټ Lily
Hope all is still well entering day 3!

ټ Katie
Wish you were here!!!!

Off to do a million things this morning- priority is picking up and reviewing those AFPA pics….. keep fingers & toes crossed!

good mornin' x-er's... i am trying to remain calm but....my dvd player is again not working. today is my 1st day and i am a little freaked out. my dh will be coming home early so i will have him move the one from upstairs downstairs. i have a ton of paperwork i must address so i will be back

traci:hold you over...yea right!! i love the fact that you share my obsession with workout videos. what did you think of the slim in 6?

Good morning,

So yesterday I sat down in the afternoon and spent an hour finally typing a post worthy of this group. I was almost near the end of it...when...you guessed it...the toddler toddled over to the computer and turned it off!! x( x( x( x( I was too frustrated to even attempt to post again. So, you can rest assured that I chatted with each of you personally yesterday.

For the sake of brevity these days, I'm going to do "Issues" posts, instead of Personals. This list is growing so fast that it's becoming too difficult for me to find the time to address everyone individually.

New Members!:
Welcome to our newest member, *Lily*! Is this Day 3? How are you feeling? What did you think of PlyoX? And *Cheryl*, today is Day 1, n'est pas? *Mary*, tomorrow's the big day! Yay! You guys are in for an interesting 90 days, but the gang here will pull you through. Just ask *Wendy*. We've got Wendy convinced that she's absolutely not allowed to sub workouts. Do you all plan to do your rotations "as-is"? What rotations are you doing? Remember: Do your best and forget the rest! It's a simple statement, but if you take it to heart, you will see results.

Shiva Rea yoga:
Is Creative Core Abs really good? I would love to get more of Shiva's workouts, but don't have time to do the yoga I already own! Shiva's core must be super strong, given how well she does the moves on the Yoga Shakti dvd. What is the name of Shiva's newest dvd?

Xflosion:
Did anyone here receive these? I seem to recall *TracyX* stating she preordered? Or were you just thinking about it? I'm very curious to hear about them.

Oxygen magazine:
I guess I should just get a subscription, given that I buy it off the stands every month. It's nice to get something in the mail besides a bill. DH gets VeloNews, which is a very expensive cycling magazine. I'm always envious the day it arrives.

July:
Speaking of cycling, I realized that July is rapidly approaching. I love July. We spend the first 3 weeks watching 3 hours of the Tour de France daily (taped, to ff past the commercials! So really it's only 2 hours!). The culmination of the tour usually coincides with DD#1's birthday (July 21 - one day after Cathe!), our wedding anniversary (July 23), and DH's annual ride in the Tour de l'Alberta. It's just a fun month, for the most part. JeanetteX, DH finally got out for his first ride of the season last Sunday. He had a great time and said he couldn't believe how easy it felt. I told him it was due to P90, and his improved muscle/core strength. It's motivated him to continue with supplementary weight training, although we haven't been able to get back into a regular routine yet. I might encourage him to do some of the P90 Masters stuff, and some Cathe's. How are you preparing for your Tri on Sunday? Are you going to taper your workouts? Are your team members ready for the day?

August:
Hello August babies! There's 4 of us, all in the same week! I'm the 17th. Great number. We're all Leos. Roar.

Lice Check:
Well, things are going okay in that department, although it's a slow process. I'm still finding the odd nit, and even a live bug sporadically, but I think I'm picking them out faster than they're able to lay eggs and hatch. Eventually I'll get them all. The toddler is now so used to the head checking that she *asks* to have it done! The other day she even got up on the couch beside me and started picking through my hair! Oy!! I've got much more expedient with the picking process, so it doesn't feel quite so burdensome anymore. It still takes about 90 mins a day, though. Curses to the family gene that gave all of us thick hair! I'm using Tea Tree oil and shampoo on the girls' heads every night, too. That's supposed to be a 'natural' delouser.

Yesterday's Workout:
Yesterday I did Day 1 of Fitnessfreak's Get Ready for Summer rotation, the original version. I did Push/Pull upper body x3 premix, and CW abs. Wow, doing PP UB 3x really gets in there. I think I've finally found a way to use that workout effectively. I didn't have to go much heavier than Cathe because by the 3rd round through I was toast, for the most part.

Today's Workout:
Supposed to be Step Blast, but since I did that one before I went to Ontario, I might sub for another SS cardio. I'm not sure yet. We'll see when we get there. Yesterday's conversation about Christi Taylor's workouts has me thinking that maybe it's time to pull out one of those. *TraciX*, I checked the College website, and the video I was thinking about is called "Mission Possible." It's considered "basic" choreography, low-impact, and contains both a 20 min floor aerobics and step aerobics segment. I think it would be a terrific introduction to Christi. Her cuing is different than Cathe, and she uses similar terminology to mean slightly different moves, so she takes some getting used to. Order that one too, okay? :). DebraX, thanks for the input on the cardio-quantity question I posed yesterday. I agree with you.

Vacation Pictures:
I still want to upload a few of these to my picture trail. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that later.

Vegan-eating:
So, we got back from Ontario and every fiber of my being said "no more food overdosing, please!!". So I went back to eating vegan. It's been a week, and I'm still on the plan. It took until last Saturday for me to start to feel the withdrawl effects - how crazy is that that I had 5 days of extra carbs, etc. in my system? I'm starting to feel cravings for meat, fat, dairy and sugar again. My food seduction book, and the Eat to Live book both argue that these are merely withdrawl symptoms from a body used to functioning off of these stimulants, and that in a few days I'll start to feel peppy again and the cravings will subside. I'm going to try to ride out the cravings and see if they're right. I really do enjoy eating this way. I got on the scale yesterday (a week after coming back), and it shows that I'm down 1.2 pounds from before the holiday! That's a relief. Seriously, if you all saw what I ate for that week...*Wendy*, I think I need to lose maybe up to 10 pounds to see good muscle definition in my abs. I doubt it would be more than that. I think you're right that the diet makes more impact than the specific rotation. I'm trying to adjust my thinking to put more emphasis on diet, rather than exercising. I'll still exercise daily, but am not going to fret about whether or not I've done an IMAX every week, or whatever. I'm just going to go for some sort of activity, and leave it at that. Maybe if I'm not going gung-ho on the cardio I won't get as hungry, and will be able to control my food intake more? It's a nice-sounding theory.

Added Motivation to Eat Right:
My father has been battling a kidney stone for the past 2 weeks. Very painful, bloody urine, etc. He had an ultra-sound on his kidney's yesterday, and it did not show a stone. What it did show, however, was a 5cm (2.5inch) spot on his non-painful kidney that the doctors are pretty sure is cancer. He's going to have a CAT scan today or tomorrow to have the diagnosis confirmed, but they're certain enough that they've told him he *will* have his kidney removed. They feel they caught it early, and that once the kidney is removed he will be fine, and won't need chemo. This still doesn't explain the symptoms of kidney stone that he's been having from this *other* kidney. Hopefully the CAT scan will pick up the stone or blockage and that can get resolved. I think that if it is a stone, and he passes it, he should get down on his knees and thank that stone with every fiber of his being. If he hadn't gone for that ultra-sound, the cancer would not have been found until it was too late. My father is 61, so still way too young to leave this world. He's the first person in his exorbitantly large family to develop cancer, so this was quite a shock. We don't appear to have a genetic predisposition to developing cancer, so I'm using this experience as extra motivation for keeping my own body healthy. Even though you can't see your internal organs, they are affected by everything you put in your system (and inhale in the environment). We need to care for them as much as we care for our hair, teeth, skin, etc.

I'm up at 5am today, for the first time in weeks, and hoping to get back into my usual routine. I'll workout late moring, when DD goes down for her nap. Have a great day, everyone. You all continue to work so hard, and so consistently!! You inspire me each and every day. Thank you.

SandraX

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk6/Day5/Rnd2
Workout: Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kick-Boxing

My eyes are driving me crazy today. The wind yesterday at the meet was the kind that can knock you over. Anyway all the good stuff flying around had to find its way into my eyes. x( So today they are tearing up and itchy. x( Oldest DD came in first for her mile run. She was disappointed in her time, but everyone had the same problem. Had to explain to them that the wind had a lot to do with their times. And the heat didn't help either. The temp was at about 91 degrees.

I received my Cardio Coach Cd's yesterday. I'm one of those that technology hasn't caught up with yet. Don't have an MP3 or Ipod yet. :D Some day I will though. But I'm excited to try CC. Coach Sean personally signed one of the CD's and my DH and oldest DD where really impressed. Well so was I actually. :)

Sandra, When you said your DD was trying to pick through your head, the first thing that came into my head was monkeys. :D So sorry, but the picture was actually very cute. :) Hope you finally get those nasty critters out of the house for good. :) So sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope they find the kidney stone also. Giving you some big balistic hugs {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

Wendy, March birthstone is Aquamarine, which is a very pale blue.

Traci, I think I also have a delivery addiction. :) Do you think they have something like AA for people like us? I was very happy yesterday when my CC's showed up. But I didn't see the package, and DH thinks I may have used my van as a crushing machine. I hope the CD's are ok, and I didn't run some of them over. Mail person put the package on the side of our garage. I think I just nicked the corner of the package. :)

Debra, So you will be out at the end of this month. :( I was a little disappointed about that. Wanted to see you and DD at the faire. Way to keep up on the workouts though, and keeping up with Cathe on the poundage. :)

Nicole, Sh/Ch/Tri is a great workout. My triceps where toasty for days after I did this workout. These workouts are just getting those muscles in shape for ph3, when you are really mixing it up. :)

Have to get back to work BBL

Laurie

Good Tuesday morning!

Today was TLT's Better Burn, Better Buns or something like that. It was fun, though my legs have gotten more conditioned so they didn't burn much at all. However it's a good core workout too and there are moves that get in there in different places, plus it's light cardio. I was thinking as I was doing it that it's exactly what I wanted this week as I taper a bit to be fully rested for Sunday's triathlon relay. I will do a bike ride after work tonite too.

Traci, I think Sandra's suggestion for Christi Taylor's Mission Possible is a good one. I don't own it, but am thinking maybe I will get it too. No butterflies for me yet, but sure I will have them right before I start on the bike. Just glad I don't have to get in the water LOL. The meeting last night was good, met the runner and she seems really nice and has run lots and lots of race, relays and 1/2 marathons. Funny how you check people out to see if they look athletic or not. I saw her walk into the meeting place, but didn't visually pick her out as our runner. To me, she didn't have that look or visible muscle tone in her arms or legs. Maybe I don't either. Not downing her, just an observation. Think we will have a great time all together. Now I am getting butterflies (a little).

Hi Mary, hope you get the technical difficulties under control soon. I have Slim Series and think it is effective and works for my body (for a while, just like anything different seems to).

Hi Sandra, sorry about the post, bet it was a prize winner too, but guess we'll never know! On the Video Fitness forum there are several threads about Xflowsion, pros and cons. I don't pick up Oxygen too much, so many ads for supplements. Awesome about your DH having such a good outside ride. Yep, I think any exercise helps, but core work is so important on the bike. I think it actually keeps you up on top of the bike instead of sinking down into the bike seat and fatiguing.
Re: the tri on Sunday, yep, I'm taking it easy this week, keeping it low key and making sure my legs are real fresh for the hill climb. Knowing the course will help a lot too. I'm going to probably pull out some Christi Taylor and have fun this week. Loved doing my TLT workout today. I like Push/Pull too. Supersets, I think, is the one with the killer bicep work. I've come to the conclusion that eating right is the way to see results (though I haven't been doing too well in the eating right dept. lately). More important is for me to enjoy my workouts and look forward to them, so fun factor has to be there. Also mixing up the intensities and weight work. Yes, heavy weight work works for me, for a while. Then I need to switch it, and yes, light weight, high reps works, for a while. This I believe I can do for a long, long time. Doing P90X heavy weight work and "bringing it" hard every workout, no can do. Just my thinking. I'm in it for the long haul and basic health. So sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad has some issues with bladder cancer, nothing they do except scope him every few months and zap the new little growths.

Got to run now, time to shower.

Jeanette

Hi to all...waiting for DD to primp for kindergarten! Not much time to chat this morning....but will bbl to catch up on personals. I have a massage this morning...yeah! Good since I didn't sleep well last night...kind of felt like Trace! Then I will be back to do yoga and I guess either chest or tris...haven't decided yet.

Sandra...Just wanted to send out some good wishes to you and your dad...I hope everything turns out okay. It is so scary to g through all of those tests....Just wanted to send some {{{{hugs}}}} your way!

Okay...I'll be back to catch everyone else later!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hi all,

Yesterday I walked and ran a little, plus did body weight exercises and walking lunges along the way. It was a nice change of pace and the body weight exercises felt very different with a 2-3 minutes jog after each set. Then I did some yoga. My rear and legs are finally starting to tighten up. I’m hoping to put on some muscle because I’ve definitely lost a layer of fat.

I brought my bike to work and will be riding after work, then I’ll go home and do some yoga. I left my pump at home by mistake, and DH is going to be nice and drop it by to me. He likes the way I look, so wants to help.

I’m going to post like Sandra because I don’t have a lot of time for personals.

I too am waiting to hear about the Xflowsion. I didn’t order it because it is really only 2.5 hours of workout. There have been mixed reviews on the video fitness forum.

As I’ve gotten older diet has become more and more important to my body composition and overall health. I’ve said this numerous times, but if I eat the same number of calories in good food I don’t gain weight, whereas if I eat junk I will. I think that eating has to be a way of life and at some point you must either take charge or be satisfied with what you eat and live with the consequences. JMO. I eat to live, not live to eat. Exercise cannot be an excuse for poor eating; they don’t cancel each other out. I’ve never had a weight problem, but I went to a whole new level of eating/thinking after doing the X. For some reason, I worked so hard I just didn’t want to negate any of that work by eating poorly. I know that it is a personal thing for everyone, but diet is just so important.

Shiva’s new yoga is something like Fluid Yoga. I bought it on Amazon for 14$. It is so innovative and different. No basic sun salutations. One of the vinyasas is lunge, turn over your leg lunge, then side lunge, then lunge over the other foot, then knee down lunge, half plank, down dog, leg up, start all over and it moves in a circle. It’s hard to explain, but it opens the hips like no other.

I got my new Tracey S. today. I did a little of the core this morning and it looks good. I must be a moron, but I couldn’t find the premixes. I am trying to be smart about working out and not do too much of anything at first. I’m going to try Sweatfest tomorrow AM. Do I really need to preview it first?

Sandra – I have this picture of you in my head that reminds me of monkeys grooming each other. Does it look like that? Sorry about your Dad. I’m wishing him all the best. The testing and waiting is brutal.

Tracy

Classic/Phase 2/Week 1/Day 6 - Kenpo

Good Morning!

I wasn't able to get to Legs/Back until about 8 last night, but it was still an awesome workout! FIL sat and watched....LOL because as soon as I was done with the workout, he went to bed. I guess he thought that since the show was over, might as well.

Slept bad last night! Up early this morning, which ended up being a good thing since the landscape guys were here about 30 min before they originally said they were! They seem like a great group of guys (3) and have already removed the grass and put the edging down! They work fast! I now have a 5 ton pile of sand in my yard and 3.5 tons of rock in my driveway! Good thing I don't plan to go anywhere!

Wendy- I guess you could say that I'm a cusp...between Leo and Virgo. I don't pay attention to that kind of stuff usually, but when it comes right down to it, I have qualities of both.

I have Shiva Rea's Sun Salutations yoga. It wasn't like I was expecting, but I like it.

Sandra- I am praying for your dad!

I hope that everyone else has a good day...not too much time to play today. I do have Booty DOMS, though!!!}(

Phase 1/Day 3/Classic & Lean Combo/Shoulders and Arms, AbRipper X

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!! I was so hesitant to post (lurking here many years), but now I am so glad I did to feel a part of the Xers!

The workouts have been going great. Since I've been weight training with Cathe for years, it's tough, but not impossible.

I need to get moving on the diet aspect. I am 5'10" and weigh 145 which is fine, but due to a crappy diet, my middle is 'squishy' (as my niece would say). The only way I am going to get rid of this is DIET. I know this, but doing it is another thing. Progress, not perfection, right?

I have been doing more cardio than in the X rotation, because I love the high I get from cardio and need it more than 3x/week.

Wendy, thanks for the tips. I am determined to go the 90 days and I can't do it perfectly, I am still going to do it!!!

Thanks
Lily

As I’ve gotten older diet has become more and more important to my body composition and overall health. I’ve said this numerous times, but if I eat the same number of calories in good food I don’t gain weight, whereas if I eat junk I will. I think that eating has to be a way of life and at some point you must either take charge or be satisfied with what you eat and live with the consequences. JMO. I eat to live, not live to eat. Exercise cannot be an excuse for poor eating; they don’t cancel each other out. I’ve never had a weight problem, but I went to a whole new level of eating/thinking after doing the X. For some reason, I worked so hard I just didn’t want to negate any of that work by eating poorly. I know that it is a personal thing for everyone, but diet is just so important.

Tracy -

I read this paragraph from you and it jumped out at me! I needed to see this today. I tend to think that...I exercise so much, junk food is an entitlement...NOT. I need to change this thinking. I am 47 now and I just can't get away with it. Health issues are going to arise if I don't start paying more attention to my diet. Thanks for unknowingly give me the kick in the pants I so desparately needed!!

Lily

Good Morning Ladies!

B&B is done! I was feeling really weak last night. My left bicep kept me back from doing more reps. Hopefully, I'll come back stronger after my recovery week and be able to bring it on for phase 3.

Today is a step LIC warmup and combo and YogaX. If the cramps are gone, I might do ARX that I skipped last night. Phil is working a double shift, so he's skipping yoga AGAIN! I keep telling him that yoga will help his 6 pack emerge even more. But, duty calls.

I like Sandra's issues post!!! I'll try it too...

Shiva: Found the instructional part. It was on the 2nd dvd. Watched it. Maybe, it was the late hour, but I am still a little confused. WHY can't she just talk plainly? I'm a simple gal. I just don't understand let the energy flow from your pelvic down through to the ball of your foot and reverberate back into the toes.... Can't she just say, point your toe out and place your weight on the heel while tilting your pelvis forward? I'm going to need someone to translate Shiva English into Common English for me! Oh good! Glad to see Traci folded! Maybe, she'll do the translating for me since she's One with Shiva. ;-)

Food: Y'all make me feel a bit guilty about what I eat. I don't feel guilty enough to drastically change yet. :p Baby steps. ;-) Y'all probably don't realize just how BAD I was eating prior to Cathe and the X though. Since starting to w/o, I quit drinking soda, switched to whole wheat, cut down on junk foods, and made healthier choices. Yeah, I eat CC, but can you blame me??? ;-) Sandra, Traci and Tracy: I admire your determination and motivation to eat healthy and clean! I wanna be like you guys when I grow up! :)

New Workout dvds: I'm NOT listening! Lalalalalalalala

Clothing: Traci-X - Blasphemy!!!!

Running/Biking: Weather is a huge factor! Just ask Jeanette. That wind can push and pull you all over the place and whip nasty things into your face. Hopefully, lack of visible muscle definition doesn't equal swiftness.

Eyes: Sandra and Laurie, hope you eyes are focusing clearly and feeling better today!!!

Now onto personals, I CAN'T EDIT myself! Waaaaah!

Nicole: I want a t-shirt like your mothers!!! Or else one that says: What's it to you? It's not your money!!! :+

Jeanette-X: If you get butterflies on Tuesday, they should flutter away by Saturday! :) No! I will not take that away from you. Lie on your back all day! I think I can guess your favorite position. HA-HA }(

Traci-X: Do you need to take any more pictures? A bad hair picture does not constitute a retake here!!! ;-) Thanks for explaining the connection. That must mean I'm not a perfectionist. More likely, it only means I'm too ignorant to think I know better than Tony!

Sandra-X: It's true! Y'all have brainwashed me! Now whatch'all going to do for me post-x? You best figure out a good rotation you like so I have something to do! ;-) Your father has been blessed with that kidney stone! Phil's father is battling brain cancer right now. Just finished up his first round of radiation and chemo treatments. We're going up this weekend to see how he's doing.

Tracy-X: Glad to hear your dh is liking the look of your body! Wasn't he the one who thought you were starting to get a boy's upper body for awhile? Enjoy the bike ride and yoga!

Mary: Lug the weights upstairs and push play!!! Or even better: wait till dh comes home and make him join you and Tony!

Debra-X: LOL The primping starts young these days! Jealous of your massage. You deserve it! A kindergardener can't give a decent massage no matter how much they want to try! I think I'll get me one if Phil ever goes away for an extended period of time.

Well, I best get something done. Hi to all who follows!

Wendy

Good Morning,

I know I’m late, but here it goes, Happy Mother's Day :) :) I was off yesterday

Today, could possibly turn out to be my rest day. My body isn’t tired not at all I could go another 14 days straight. I invited my sister Carolyn (my heart) to spend Mother’s Day with me and I may have to take her home tonight, not sure how its going to work out. But, I’m really hoping I can get workout in tonight, My x bf is coming over later and more than likely, there’ll be no workout tomorrow morning, going to try extra hard to do legs tonight,

Sat: hr jog + GS legs
Sat: 30 min jog + GS BS&B
Sun: hr jog + GS C&T
Mon: hr jog + abs

Teddygirl~

Lily,

You snuck in while I was posting. The ladies here have been doing Kenpo long enough to be able to kick all of us first timers in the rear if needed! ;-) Tracy is a great motivator and reminds me constantly to listen to my body! I credit her for not getting myself on the IL (injury list) yet.

I know what you mean about the cardio high. I've been astonished to see that I can get that high with weights at times. I was floating all over the place after Chest Shoulders and Tris this week. Yes, the DOMs brought me back to earth... in a good way! ;-) So, if you feel too tired to do everything, don't worry about cutting back on the cardio. Listen to your body.

I think you'll find that working out with Tony is much different than Cathe. Even though Cathe tells you to lower your weights if needed, with the X you listen to your body and decide for yourself the best tempo, reps and weight amounts.

Have a great time with SA. It's a favorite of many!

Blessings,
Wendy

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 5/ Day 2/ Round 1

Subbed IMAX 2 for PlyoX

It was so great to do Cathe this morning! I missed my step so much. I'll be doing IMAX 2 for PlyoX during Phase 2. I'll see if it makes more of a difference. I will say that I had an easier time with the plyo in IMAX than usual. My lats are really sore today and I'm not sure why, since yesterday was chest not back. Oh well, sore is always good:)

Debra, Way to go on S&H. I've never done that series because I'm scared of getting bulky. I know for some it works well but for me I bulk up easily. I am sore this morning from yesterday's workout which I know is a good thing. Can't wait for tomorrow's workout.
I love cleaning things out! I did that in my DS room when they were out with daddy and filled up a 55-gallon trash can with junk. It felt sooo good afterwards.
Oh boy, new swimsuits! Maybe we can see pics of you in them:)

Traci-X, It sounds like your on a DVD binge:) I've had those before but I don't have the funds to have one right now. There are so many I want too, like Y4H and Squeeze. Two more months and I'm all over it!
I am sore today too. I am glad for the down time last week but I'm glad to get moving again this week. I am wondering if TTOM is coming for me too. I have been horribly moody and annoyed a s of late. I think it might be the stress of vacation and no money. My DH went out and bought a gun with our vacation money and it made me sooo angry! He tried to tell me they would stop making it soon and he HAD to get it now. Unfortunately he didn't ask me first, he just bought it and told me later. Needless to say, I was FURIOUS!!! It cost $1800 that was saved for vacation. Maybe that's itx(

SandraX, My DH watches the Tour all summer too. Last year he had a vasectomy so he "recuperated" in the chair and watched the Tour for a whole week and never moved. Bummer about the lice still. Hope you get it all soon. I'll have to try the PP UB 3x. I love feeling the burn. I was vegan for about three years and I felt great! My body does not digest animal products well at all and there are so many substitutes for them I really didn't miss them. I go back and forth to this day but it's hard with a DH who LOVES animal products. He says he's not a "tree hugger". To which I reply, " Neither am I, eat the cow enjoy it, I just can't digest it":) There is a product here called Soy Taco. It tastes just like real taco meat if not better.
I will keep your father in my prayers. I pray it turns out to be o.k.

Laurie, Let me know what you think of CC. Quite a few people have been talking about them so I'm anxious to try for myself. I didn't push myself to hard yesterday because of the bad night sleep. I know next week I'll really push it.

Jeanette, Glad you found the perfect workout in preperation for the triathalon. You definitely don't want to wear yourself out before the weekend, but you also don't want to get weak by taking it too easy.

Tracy, How nice to have an encouraging husband who helps you like that. My Oxygen magazine said your physique is 85% what you eat an 15% exercise. I believe it too because I used to eat badly and exercised 6 days a week and I was 40 lbs. overweight. Now I eat semi-badly on Sundays only so I don't go crazy and clean the rest of the week. I lost those 40 lbs. and feel much better:)

Amy, Sounds like a fun evening with your FIL:) Are you taking out all your grass so you don't have to mow? LOL:)

Wendy, You're like my sister, you can eat junk and stay small, lucky you. Good job on not drinking soda anymore, that stuff is gross!!! Strangers kept asking my mom what religion she was hoping that would explain why she had so many kids, which she thought was pretty gutsy, so the shirt was purchased:) I can just imagine in this day and age what people assume about large families since nobody has them anymore.

Teddygirl, Glad to hear your trying to get your workouts in, sometimes it gets tough but just keep trying!

Lily, Hope you are enjoying the X:)

Mary, I'm hoping to hear you got the DVD player to work and have had a great time working out with Tony:) Do you stay home with your boys too? I do and so does Wendy, I love it!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Phase 2/ Day 44 / Plyo X /Rd 2
Cycle Day 2: Cautionary Workouts
~~No Doubles Day~~

Taking a break from an extremely frustrating day dealing with computer & printer issues and AFPA pic issues… I’ll spare ya the details but just had to walk away from it.

Ψ Jeanette X
Glad the meeting went well and you like your team. I do that with athletes too… I have in mind what a runner looks like, a swimmer, a wrestler etc… I am always pleasantly surprised when someone strays from the stereo-type and still kicks butt! Gives me hope!

Ψ Tracy X
How and when did you start to lose so much body fat? I don’t recall you talking about that. Do tell- is Yoga a magic fat loss tool? Can I just yoga it every day and I’ll lose BF? No need to preview Sweatfest at all.

Ψ Sandra X
Haven’t received Shiva’s Core yet but I’ll let you know. July looks like quite a month! Happy EVERYTHING! LOL on Mission Impossible… I’m out of cash again so maybe in 8 weeks. What type of vegan protein sources are staples for you these days? I am so very sorry about your dad. We shall get the Xer prayer circle going full force!

Ψ Debra X
Hope massage was like LICKING ICE CREAM OFF YOUR THIGH

Ψ Laurie X
You did the workout I am going to do for first time this weekend! We seem to have a similar collection. Congrats to DD & first place! We use to live in Santa Ana and Bakersfield- I know all too well about the dust bowls! LOL on Delivery Addiction- That’s exactly what it is you know… the anticipation of the box on doorstep….Too funny about your CC delivery…. I’d be mortified if DH ever touched any of my packages let alone run over them!

Ψ Wendy
Good girl getting X done today! I think its really normal to have at least a few weeks in X where your body is quite fatigued. It seems to fall differently for everyone but it really is temporary and a good sign of things happening inside those muscles. LOL on perfectionist… I’m not either- more a control freak.

Ψ Nicole
LOL on subbing IMAX…. That’s OK – I think a few of us did that a couple times… better check with Sarge Sandra X and see if she approves! Yes- I think an 1800.00 un-discussed purchase would make me just a tad cranky too! I get so mad when DH does that! I just smile and say… Whatever honey- I guess you wont retire at 50!

Ψ Teddygirl
Glad you popped in and happy you had a good weekend!

Ψ Amy
Lol about FIL “watching”… Cant imagine what he’ll tell people abou your crazy workouts! Happy landscaping!

Ψ Cheryl
Hope you’re OK today and got the X completed without too much foul language!

Ψ Mary
I have Slim Series – is that Slim in 6? Its OK- too boring to do often but I actually like the series as a “take on vacation” thing. I have Slim Series Express which just arrived but wont get to preview for awhile I don’t think. So sorry about DVD! LOL tho because there is the X Curse- anything and everything happens to get in way of completing 90 days!

Ψ Lily
So nice to know I have company in the SQUISHY CLUB! I know… my weight is fine but waaaaay to much Pilsbury Dough Boy DNA right now… Glad you’re enjoying Tony…. He just gets better and better!

All caught up and need to go face my woes…. See ya all later.

No Kenpo tonight, I decided. I had enough of hauling dirt, hoses, and playing in the yard all day. I'm tired and ready for dinner (pizza) and bed. I may sneak in a glass of wine or two, but who knows. Tomorrow we take MIL/FIL back to the airport around noon, so tomorrow afternoon will be Kenpo instead of stretch.

I tood pictures, so when DH teaches me how to upload them from the camera to the computer, I will post them on picture trail for you all to see if you like.

Off to the shower....I stink!

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today. I think I caught something while I was at the doctors office on Saturday for and hour and a half! My chest is tight and I have a sore throat. I didn't sleep last night, so I ended up taking and nap this afternoon...My massage was wonderful....I am really going to miss my masseuse when I move...I go to see her about every 4 to 6 weeks and I haven't had to go to the chiropractor at all...and minimal aches and pains! Anyway...now I feel yucky, though. I had planned on yoga and some weight work, but maybe I'll just do a quick yoga...or maybe I'll just lay here.

Sandra...You poor nitpicking thing! I can't believe the monkeys at the zoo didn't get all of those darn critters! Sounds like your new rotation is going well. I may try that one once I get through the move and vacation. I am so glad that they seem to have caught your dad's cancer early. Hope they find that pesky stone too. Julia had a 10 mm stone last year that they missed on multiple ultrasounds and x-rays...they didn't find it until they did a CT scan...and 10 mm is pretty darn big for 4 year old! Anyway, it was a porous stone which is why they couldn't see it. Keep us informed as to what the plans are with your dad. Sending quick healing vibes his way.

Tracy...I think the paragraph that Lily highlighted should be in a book or magazine somewhere! I wish I had the willpower to eat the right way all the time...I know what is best for me, but I still make poor choices.

Laurie...I was hoping to get to meet you at the faire, too...but I am so excited to get to NC...close to mom and friends...also I won't have to fly to vacation this year...I get to drive! I am sure you will enjoy your cardio coach...I can't believe you don't have an MP3 player with teenage girls!

Traci...Sorry you are having computer problems...just another test you have to pass to be a personal trainer!!! LOL about the move prep...I have done this so much, that I am really good at it now...This will be our tenth move in 14 years...I have got it down to a science now. Although, I will say, that we have been here almost 2 and a half years (one of our longest, let me add) and I really have collected a lot of junk in the past 2 years! How did that happen? And you should have seen the last load I had the Vietnam Vets haul away! I am probably getting rid of more things this go around since we are paying for the move ourselves (as opposed to the company moves we've done in the past). And aren't you glad that you respected your body's clock since you still have DOMS today?!

Jeanette...I have no idea what color I am painting the new house house yet! I am usually very decisive about those things, but I think I really need to be in the house for a couple of days to look at the colors in the kitchen again. I am planning on doing the master bedroom in a sage green...DD's room will be hot pink and orange (if you can imagine!) and I usually do taupes in the rest of the house...except the dining room...but I can't decide about colors in there because I can't remember exactly how it connects to the rest of the house...I am sure this is a much longer answer than you were looking for...But I am typically not so indecisive...and I have been wrestling with this! LOL I have used the Behr program that lets you paint your rooms on the computer which is really neat...and has certainly let me know what colors I don't want to use! Hope you have a great ride tonight. You must be excited about your race this weekend! You also asked about my rotation....
day 1 cardio + shoulders
day 2 yoga + back
day 3 legs + bis
day 4 cardio + tris
day 5 yoga (no upper)
day 6 cardio + chest
day 7 rest

Of course I have been adding the rest day in where necessary for life. My cardio has been biking, kickboxing and step...with some cardio coach thrown in. In this rotation I have been using SH exclusively. Okay...again, I am sure now you got a longer answer than you were anticipating! LOL Think of me cheering you on Sunday!

Amy...LOL about your FIL watching you exercise...I really got a kick out of that!! Glad you and the in laws are having some special bonding time!

Nicole..I promise you guys will get a bikini pic after my vacation! I am really enjoying SH...I do not have a problem bulking...and this program really gives me a lot of definition. Well, I say a lot....LOL I can tell a difference though! LOL I also subbed the Imaxes during the second and third phase..I did plyoX at least once during each phase...and I would definitely suggest that.

Okay...to the rest of you I am fading fast...my head is lolling around! And I have to get dinner for my DD...So hi to Wendy, Teddygirl, Mary, and Lily...Sorry I don't have any more personals left in me...but be sure that I am here cheering you on! Also a shout out to Katie, Swifty and Cheryl...Hope you guys are well.

Please keep your fingers crossed that I am feeling better in the morning...I don't have time to be sick right now!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hi, everyone!! No, no foul words for Tony... just for the people who host our e-mail system which has been DOWN since last night!!!! Aaagh!!!

Traci's DH could relate - our provider said the system went down last night and they expected it up in 2 hours. That was 24 hours ago. AAAGH for a business person, especially in PR!!!

Mary, I can relate to your frustration.

Outcome: I did my 6 mile run, as planned, but spent so much time futzing with the computer and then putting together the pull-up bar I managed to stall myself right up to time to go to work. So my classic rotation starts tomorrow. At least I did get in a nice one hour workout today.

I'm still learning everyone's names here.

Sandra/Sarge, loved your theme post today! It was great!

Debra, I hope you feel better!

Teddygirl, let us know what you decided tonight.

Traci, nice buys! :) A girl after my own interests, as usual ;-) :eek: :7

Amy. I hope you've had a wonderful day. If you e-mailed me, I apologize to the bottom of my heart that I didn't respond. Yuck! Hopefully will be back up shortly.

Today my high step topper finally arrived. Love it! At last! Along with the cute pinstripe jacket from Nordstrom I ordered last week. Gotta have cute clothes. Never can be too many.

Well, have a great night tonight - and here's to a grand re-start with Tony tomorrow. Chest, Back and AbRipper X is on tap :)

Cheryl

Good Evening Ladies,

Phil left for work. Since I won't be able to fall asleep tonight, I'll do step, yoga, ARX, watch Work Out, and attempt to paint my toenails a french manicure. :)

Waves had her follow-up doctor's appointment. I told him the meds didn't work and I didn't do the elimination diet. I explained that her pain seems weather related and is in her neck. Waverly started saying her head hurt while we were there. She hadn't complained any all day. The doctor saw she had enlarged glands and asked me if she had any coughing or sniffling. I said no. Of course, Waves starts sniffling proving that I don't know anything! ;-) Now, he stopped the meds and gave her some antibiotics for her glands. Don't know if it's related to her head or not. I'll see how she does this week. We go back next Tuesday again.

Tracy-X: Shiva's Fluid dvd sounds cool. How would you compare it to Shakti? Hope your bide ride home was nice and relaxing.

Amy: LOL Your FIL watching you w/o to B&G! That's hilarious! What was his show tonight? KPC? Kenpo? Oh, I see no Kenpo tonight! Is FIL upset with the programming change? ;-) Can't wait to see the pictures! Is Shiva's Sun Salutations a condensed version of Shakti? I've heard that she sells shorter versions of the Shakti on other dvds.

Teddygirl: Were you able to get a leg workout in tonight? Or did you workout with your ex? :p }( ;-)

Nicole: I've read that Plyo is too easy for some people. I must be out of shape because it works me hard! OH MY! {{{Nicole}}}$1800 for a gun and ZERO $ for workout clothes!!! Did you tell him that they stop making w/o clothes every season too? LOL So, if he spent the vacation money, will y'all still go on vacation? I don't blame you for being furious. I'd be questioning dh's sanity if he ever did anything like that. What sucks is that you can't even digest the food he kills!!! You don't look like you were ever 40 pounds heavier? Maybe when you were pregnant! Is bad food what we're calling pregnancy now? :7 I can't eat as much junk food as I could when I was younger. I still have to watch what I eat. It's not too bad. I still have my free moments, days and weeks. ;-) There's quite a few families I know with lots of dc. I guess you could say that it's a religious conviction of ours. If you've ever watched the Duggers and their 17 dc on TLC or Discovery Health, we're like them in how we view pregnancy and children.

Traci-X: I'm sorry to hear of your picture/printer problems. I hope it all worked out for you this afternoon! You're so close to mailing them off too!!! It's gotta work out in the end! We'll all rooting for you! :)

Debra-X: Are you sure you don't have the same thing as your dd? Children are so TOXIC. I feel like I have to shower as soon as I leave the doctor's office. I try not to touch anything while I'm there. Thank goodness you had a massage today. I'm sure that helped relieve any additional soreness that you could have suffered with your virus. I vote for just laying there while taking a few hits off your dd's nebulizer.

Sweet Dreams to All! I'm off to catch the WorkOut Reunion before I start working out. I'll probably be back online surfing the net while my toenails dry to read Jeanette's update for her day. I'm sure she had an awesome day!

Blessings,
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.