Xers *Ballistic Friday Hugs*

teddy16410

Cathlete
جججججججججججج جججججججججججج جججججججججججج جججججججججججج
Phase 2/ Day 47 / Legs & back /Rd 2
Cycle Day 5: Cautionary Workouts
~~No Doubles Day~~

Tomorrow starts the *GO STRONG PHASE* of “cycle chart” so its back to killer workouts – After the weekend I’ll split them into AM & PM I do believe just to shake things up again.

I had the most delightful workout yesterday- It was Yoga day and I also needed to work abs and do some bikini butt preparation… I did Power Half Hour Bun Shaper+ MTV Pilates/Yoga Mix Abs + Shiva’s Creative Core “Water” segment. Sheer bliss I must say. Only about 50 minutes in all but boy do my glutes feel perky, abs feel beefed up and am I a relaxed noodle all over the rest of the body. GREAT COMBO!

Will be heading to bay without computer this weekend – too many projects to do while the weather is nice. In about 3 weeks its way too hot to work outdoors.

***Workouts***
Saturday:
*Absolute Kickbox (sub for Kenpo) + *Shiva Abs + *Lower Body Firming (Kathy Smith)

Sunday:
Stretch + CC Interval Run

!!!!!!!!!!!!PERSONALS From Thursday Afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ψ Lea X
{{{{{{{{{{{ I MISS YOU SO MUCH!}}}}}}}
Get down and do some push ups girl! We can have a contest via web cam! – oops – I don’t have one so you’ll have to “trust” my count!

Ψ TeddyGirl
On your sample diet… The first BLARING thing is FRIED cabbage …. Need I say more? Second thing- Look at your protein- is it enough to support muscle growth which will burn fat more consistently…. Even if you throw some beans onto your salads and plate if you don’t want animal protein… Up those egg whites in the AM! You burn probably 700+ calories a day doing your doubles workouts – I eat 5-8 egg whites in the morning and I don’t workout nearly as much as you do! Just my thoughts.
Have a WONDERFUL weekend! NO SHOPPING! NEW TONY STUFF NEEDS TO BE SAVED FOR NOW!!!

Ψ Sandra X
I was ROFL about your Tony and “drawls” ROFL… I listened after I read that and boy did I miss something! I was 100% inspired and so sad the audio was short! LOLOLOL…. I guess we all have to be in the Tony Frame of Mind on days we listen to him! I even plan on listening daily just for added motivation! I think I’m in LUV!
Have a FABULOUS long weekend! So we’ll see you Tuesday morning?

Ψ Nicole
! I’m squeezing you so tight right now!!!! Small Legs???? OMG- I have never heard that in my entire life! GOD BLESS YOU WOMAN! Great job on Yoga X! Sounds like you are able to put more into it as you advance in your poses! ^5! Hope DS is feeling much better today!

Ψ MARY
STILL MISSING YOU!

Ψ Debra X
I think you are in good company with the size thing….. I do what Nicole does with taking in bigger sizes only to end up with small ones. I also have a hard time giving away all my bigger sizes…. I guess we all need some work on body image. Thanks for “defined” comments… I sure don’t see it when I look in the mirror…There I go again! TOO CUTE on the kissie & DD (darling diva)
Why don’t you give your cardio a rest for a few days woman? Sounds like you might be making it worse by doing it with such a tight chest… Lift weights if you feel strong enough but be careful. You have a VERY big 30 days ahead of you.

Ψ TRACY X
Seems like the more we do the more areas we find we need to work on! Glad you’re taking the plunge into floor work… I am planning on more of it as well. Congrats on continued flexibility improvement… Helps that you are really lean too I bet! My fat gets in my way of those poses!

Ψ Wendy
Very nice to see the novelist back in action last night! Do you thnk your novels are at all related to the DDCoffee episodes? Did ya push play last night? Whats this? Malls- McDonalds? What type of program are you on these days? Ya see- the part about going to mall and not buying yourself anything is exactly why I would not have been a good mother… Theres a cloud in heaven with your name on it!
Look girl… Ordering from BB is a breeze! Keep expectations low and you are never disappointed in them. I doubt their CS will ever improve much as they seem to put all their profits into creating quality workouts… I think they probably avoid things like State of the Art this or that and CS Training…. Don’t go writing letters of discontent or they’ll cut costs on the new project! Jackie- horny! ROFL!!! Yes she is quite the sexual being isn’t she? I figured it was generational – well that or I forget how much like her I USE TO be! (minus the preference of course)… I caught the end of the reunion show last night- the part about Doug… had me bawling!
Dreya is the queen in the Power Half Hour Series! Its Tony, Dreya and a guy- don’t know for sure but it could be the Kenpo guy a few years earlier… She is much less respectful of Tony in these- you can tell they’re really good friends.- More like brother/sister cut ups!
If your tushie is dropping then I want you to go much much lower on all your lunges, & plyo’s! Get those glutes pumping girl or you wont be able to walk with B&G!
LOL on all your post X rotation ideas! That’s the way not to cave! Shoot you only have a couple more weeks anyway! You’re really doing well my friend!

All caught up and its only 5am! Sounds like an early workout day to me!

Back later to see what everyones up to this weekend!

Good Morning Part One,

I've decided to get my workout in first thing today, so I'll have to save my full novel until later. Here's just a few thoughts and replies as I sip my coffee.

TraciX - No computer at the Bay this weekend? N:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!! You're slipping from our grasp! Get back here! I checked out your AFPA pics yesterday - you look soooo good!! You've seen substantial change over these past few months, and it shows! Awesome! The poses you were doing in those photos: were you required to do those exact stances? Or what were you trying to impart? So you liked Shiva's core workout? Yay! I did the core segment of Yoga Shakti yesterday. It doesn't feel very hard (except for those levitation holds!), but I do feel it today. What is "water" like? Thank you for pasting that Tony Blog yesterday!!! I really enjoyed reading that. I'm glad I read it, and didn't have to listen to Tony drawl through it LOL! His audio blog wasn't that bad, really. It was just obvious that he was making it up as he went. Trust me, I enjoy Tony very much. On the written blog - I agree with everything he said 100%, and that's been my approach for years. It's what keeps me so consistent. I was so relieved to hear a fitness guru say it; made me feel better about it, as I've wondered whether I should be "listening to my body" and just not working out that day. My new motto is "Cheat like hell" LOL!! Reading that sentance made me want to immediately go and cheat my way through another workout!!

'NSync:
Well, this list is certainly sync-ing up! AF arrived last evening - 6 days early! I'm blaming you guys. Of course, I could blame my new eating plan, as one of the supposed benefits of this way of eating is that is helps your body rid itself of excess estrogen, which is good for leveling out hormonally-induced mood swings, and in the long-term, lower rates of certain cancers. This would explain why every time I substantially change my diet for the better, I get a really short cycle the first month. It was 23 days this month, which is still considered fine by medical standards. I had a suspicion this might be happening, as I had such good energy for my workouts this week, and my mood was quite "off" yesterday afternoon. I was also really, really hungry yesterday. Funny how once AF arrived, I almost let myself have some of the 72% cocoa Ghirardelli chocolate that is in my pantry...'cause AF cravings cannot be ignored. Or can they? Well yes they can. I ate a couple of dates and almonds instead. Well enough about this subject. I've bored myself...why are you still reading? Moving on!

Yesterday's Workout:
My workout yesterday was Muscle Max upper body premix, and Yoga Shakti. I did 50 mins of Solar Flow 1; did the parts I wanted to do and skipped over the rest. Very enjoyable. Another cue that AF was on the way was my lack of enthusiasm with the backbend segments. I started one, then decided my lower back wasn't up to that, and skipped over the rest. I don't know why, but my lower back is very sensitive to hormonal changes.

Weekend Plans:
Hmmmm. We might not be going to Drumheller after all this weekend. We are on "baby watch" with our neighbours right now. They moved here from Britain just over a year ago, so they're currently without any family, and only a very small group of friends. She unexpectedly became pregnant last year, which will be her third child. When she goes into labour, I'm going to babysit their other 2 children while they go to the birthing centre. We really thought the baby would be here by now, but he's not. He's overdue, and they're doing their best to get him out of there, but so far he seems determined to stay. So, if he's not here by Saturday morning, we will have to cancel our hotel reservations. I'm not too disappointed; I'm looking forward to meeting this little guy!!

Father:
Well, we were doing the Happy Dance last night because Dad's CTscan showed that the cancer appears to be small and contained to the kidney. How odd that this was cause for great celebration. Compared to how bad it could have been, this seems like The Best News Ever. The scan also showed that there is still a small stone in his other kidney, that didn't appear on the x-ray or ultra-sound. I told him that when it passes, he needs to mount it on a plaque and thank it each and every day for the rest of his life. He meets with the surgeon on Tuesday morning, to find out when he'll have the kidney removed. It's unlikely that he'll need radiation or chemo. Phew. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. You're a wonderful group of people.

Okay, time to go workout. I'll go back to y-day's personals later today. Today's workout is taken from Cathe's current rotation: LowMax step premix followed by LowMax all-blast premix. A different and interesting way to do that workout, for sure.

Have a great day,
SandraX

Hi all,

Today is a short upper body that includes pull/chin ups, then cardio and yoga.

I wanted to listen to the Tony blog, but I just couldn't while I was at work. I'll try to listen tonight.

To those of you who have Tracey's Scupt Sweatfest, how are you using it. I haven't watched the entire thing, but it looks like sort of a mish mosh of exercises. I hope I'm wrong. It may have been some of her core stuff that irritated my back again.

Traci - We'll miss you this weekend. I personally think that a break from technology is good. I really try not to check my work email over the weekend or at night. I'm glad you are enjoying Shiva. I haven't had a chance to explore any of her water segments from the new dvd. I saw your picture trail. Have you lost weight or just toned up the muscle? You definitely look GOOD girl. All that hard work has paid off.

Sandra - What diet are you on exactly? No animal protien. After all of this talk about cancer, I've got to increase my consumption of fruits. I'm pretty good on the veggies, but only if you look at the week overall and not each day. I like that idea for Low max. I may do that today if it is raining and I can't walk.

Wendy - How do you find time to write these books, home school, and keep everything else in place? Is your house immaculate? I sure am impressed.

Debra - I hope you feel better. The cardio can wait, you won't loose anything after a couple of days.

Teddygirl - Glad you got the money straightened out. I hope that you have some success with the freestyle. I'd give it at least a month.

BBl, with the rest of the personals.

Tracy

Hi, everyone!

Just a 55 minute workout this morning, but NO SUBSTITUTIONS. Did Shoulders, Arms and ARX - 45 min of the first, and 10 min. of ARX. I feel really worked, but I managed. Hoo rah!

TGIF!

Traci, love the sound of your workout.

Tracy - will be interested to hear how your workout goes.

Mary, missing you! Hope you're okay!

Gotta run - but want to wish everyone a wonderful Friday!

Cheryl

Happy Friday

Tracie: Bay watch this weekend, wear your bikini, your body is ready :) Fried cabbage isn’t what you think, I fry it in a skillet add a touch of olive oil, I hate boiled cabbage to mushy for me. Protein I do need to up that a bit, after my workout I always take 3 Tbsp of liquid protein, not enough I know, maybe I will fine a way too put more chicken and turkey back into my diet, its going to be hard but I can do it. I dont know, it could be a age thing now that I'm 50 just don't care for meat that much.

For instance, I have carried the same piece of salmon back and forth to work the past 2 days, what is it with meat? Needing beans…beans….beans…I can live with that.

This morning, KPC + B&G abs & inner outer leg work

Last night I really pumped it up. (so proud)
Bi’s --4 sets 8/10 reps w/30 bb 3 set w/35 bb, nice huh!
Tri’s kickback–3 sets 8/10 reps and 2 sets of 32 tri work on floor with one leg lifted

That’s how I’m going to use it (I love when Cathe says that) in addition to UB work.

Weekend workout:
Sat – hour jog + PUB with add-ons
Sun: - hour jog + Legs & glutes

Teddygirl~

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk7/Day3/Rnd2
Workout: Back & Biceps / B&G Stability Ball Abs / Cardio Coach #1

This morning we had frost on our grass. We had a wonderful temperature of 37 deg. But it is suppose to be a beautiful day. And I am here at work. x( The drive into work was great, so I'm thinking that alot of people have decided to make this weekend a get away.

Tonight is going to be a busy night. Oldest DD has her 8th grade formal to go too. (No date, on purpose - because parents say so ;-) ) One of my neices has her 2yr old b'day party tonight. And then I have to get some food ready for tomorrow, when we head out to a little faire. We are only going for Saturday, because we want to see Shrek the Third on Sunday. :) I'm going to try to get Yoga in before we leave Saturday morning. :)

Wendy, No offense about the red head. ;-) I will contact the salon and find out what the products where. Do you think that T&T couldn't get along because they are like clones of each other? :D That is what I thought when I saw them together. White hair, black clothes, full of themselves. :D Tyson didn't know it, but he should have picked Daisy to be his partner. I think that if a Ninja came at me with a pair of scissors, I would be out of that place faster than he could do a ninja move. ;-)

Traci, Thank you for posting that Tony blog. Think the information is great. And I will take it to heart and understand that I can cheat just a little. :D Your pics look great. :) Have fun at the bay this weekend.

Lily, How did the Legs & Back go? Did you survive. ;-)

Sandra, Great news about your Dad. I was having such a great time listening to Tony that I didn't even hear his drawl. That's probably because I LUV him as much as Traci does. :+ :7

Debra, Had to LOL about the Diva. My DH always wondered why there was so much laundry to do with our DD's. Then came to realize that they changed their clothes 3-4 times during the day. :) As far as body image, we probably all suffer with this. And as I get older it just gets worse. :7 Because now you can add in the wrinkles. :7

Nicole, That is one thing that I still have to do is a picture trail. One of my biggest problems is that I sit at a computer at work all day, and when I get home that computer becomes invisible. :) I hate answering the phone also for the same reason. }(

Jeanette, How did your ribs turn out? Is your BBQ this weekend?

Have to get to work,

Laurie

Hi,

Cheryl - Great job on no subbing! You will not be sorry, plus it's only 90 days. You will be amazed at the strength gains. The X seems to work all of the little muscles that traditional weight work doesn't get, which I think makes you overall more strong.

Laurie - I'm glad I never had to deal with the girl/clothes thing. Boys just pretty much wear whatever. There is always less traffic here on Fridays. I get a reprieve and can actually leave a little later for work. I bet next week will be even better.

Back to work.

Tracy

Phase 2/ Day 47 / Legs & back /Rd 2
Cycle Day 5: Cautionary Workouts
~~No Doubles Day~~

Felt really good this morning so I started the day with Barry Boot Camp Non TM Cardio… It was a great 18 minutes that worked a lot of calf & booty… perfect “warm-up” for Legs & Back day…
I did some additional back work using my cables and some different exercises from my Women’s Body Sculpting book… Feel like I got a much better workout (using door gym cables) Feeling very nicely worked out to start another day of clean & balanced eating!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERSONALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) Laurie X:
I always chuckle about date/no date @ 8th grade dances… in my day it was a non issue- we were considered children and it never dawned on us to “date” at that age! How times have changed!! I commend you and DH for taking the stand that do you do… I think one of the reasons I so enjoyed being single (20 years between marriages) is that I was brought up to have male & female friends… There never seemed a pressure to be a part of a couple- Enjoy your very busy weekend!

:) TeddyGirl:
Your workouts look awesome! I am so getting into running again- I just love it once the initial pain is over with! LOL on the “fried”! I should have known you weren’t heating up a pot of peanut oil and dropping coated cabbage into it!
Have a super wonderful weekend!

:) Cheryl:
WooHoo on the no add-on day! I think you added on VS subbed this week! Did you enjoy Sh/Arms? Its one of the favs for many of us! Thoughts on ARX? Have a wonderful weekend! I think I saw Mary post over at WW yesterday so I think she dumped us!

:) Tracy X:
I do enjoy the break from civilization once in awhile… If I allowed myself I’d be a secluded computer nerd and never see a human face! On the pic trail- I have lost weight (unintentional) so now my muscle may be showing a bit more. I still don’t see the dramatic changes that sometimes people talk about… still see frumpy, flabby. Working on that attitude. I haven’t done Scupltfest as produced in awhile- Let me think for a sec…. Theres very little “weighted” work so I use it more as a functional & balance workout. Belly Burner (abs) was good but YES there is tremendous strain on lower back if not modified to the individual. Bosu squats and some floor leg work is on the DVD too.
Balance Challenge (SculptFest tracey Staehle) 8min
Belly Burner (SculptFest tracey Staehle) 9min
Bottom Blast (SculptFest tracey Staehle) 24min

:) Sandra X:
Thanks for the early morning visit! It gets lonely around here! FABULOUS news about dad! I am so happy that the news was at the “we can deal with this” end of scale. I agree- todays workout sounds like great fun! I’ll have to remember that one! Fingers crossed for a new bundle of joy this weekend in the circle!
Very interesting how eating can affect AF! Its amazing how in sync our bodies are to all we do to it- I try to remember to honor the unseen part of us!
The poses in the AFPA pics were required… We were given 25 exercises and had to do start & end pic for each one. Thanks for seeing results/improvements…. We are our own worst critics.

:) Great morning to all who follow- I’ll try 1 more check in before we leave today.
:)

Good morning,

By the time I got ready to post last night, it was 10 p.m. so bagged it for today. Had a bike club meeting last night, then talked to my Ironman girlfriend for a while after the meeting. She's doing the duathlon at the same triathlon I'm going to. She's an amazing athlete, 44 years old, very lean, tiny, and ton's of endurance and mental focus. I can hardly get my mind around swimming 2 1/2 miles, then jumping on the bike and doing 118 miles, then putting on the running shoes and running 26 miles. She's competing in an Ironman at Lake Placid in July. She always has very good tips for me and is extremely pleased with my cycling progress. She's the one that got me doing interval work one day a week a couple years ago and that's when I started progressing. I asked her how I should ride the hilly course on Sunday and her advice, which I think is good, is to go fairly easy for the first 10 minutes of the ride. That's when your adrenaline is pumping, but if you go out too fast, you won't be able to build later on. My HRM will help with that. I am just so excited about the relay!!!

DH and I took the day off today to help Mom and Dad with the BBQ, but first I need to do a workout. I think I will do some fun step cardio like Christi or Tracey Staehle. Later this morning, I'll hop on the bike and do an easy middle chainring spin around our town loop, about 15 miles I think. After that, will get ready to go over to the folks and help with the BBQ prep. I made my ribs last night and they are still marinating. Will be good, good I believe, yes siree!!! Can't wait to see my uncles. I've got the camera ready for pictures too. My Dad will be so happy they came up. Mom and Dad usually travel quite frequently to see them, but it doesn't happen the other way too often.

BBL after workout and will post personals.

Jeanette

Good Morning Ladies!

Lots to do today. I've gotta get everything ready for our sleepover at Grandmas and PopPops house, homeschool, straighten up, and do Kenpo. Never got around to it last night as Phil wanted to go to Longhorn for dinner. Ate a nice big steak, half a sweet potato minus the butter, broccoli, and shimp. I should be protein'd up for today.

Traci-X: LOL on your password! Find any cute guys to strut around before you dh came home? I'm sure your dogs like you just the way you are! :7 Can't wait to see your 60 day pictures. Will miss you this weekend. I'll have computer access though. Did you get Shiva in yet? I have to chose another flow, the beginners is very relaxing, but not as hard as Tonys. When you order from BB, do you do it over the phone or online? I did send them a nasty letter through their site, but it wouldn't go through. I think they screen emails for nasty comments and abort them. ;-) Thanks for your kind words on how I'm doing. I can't believe I didn't sub this long! Except for yoga, why start now. It's only one more phase. Right? I can do it! I can do it with a :)!!!

Tracy-X: Sorry your back didn't jive with Tracey's SS. Hopefully, today's yoga will help loosen things up for you. My house is a disaster zone at the moment! We're still waiting for the new kitchen cabinets to arrive. They are scheduled for June 1st. Till the kitchen is finished, my home will be out of order. Old cabinets containing food are in the dining room, microwave is in the dining room and boxes everywhere. Our two dining room tables will somehow move into the living room and school room shortly. There's not enough time or desire to organize things yet. Homeschool is easy right now. We're in our final stretch. We took off yesterday since my friend came over to play. I did threaten Tayler with diagramming all the park signs and figuring the number of cubic feet of wood chips needed for the playground when she started to complain about leaving. ;-)

Sandra-X: Great news about your dad! I think you've been picking lice too long. It's affecting your ability to discern... Framing the kidney stone is a bit gross if you think about it. ;-) I need to cleanse my body! Aunt Flo made a quick exit this month AGAIN! I'm too young to go through the change! I hate holding onto excess estrogen until she comes again. Please share your vegan diet. I am seriously tempted to try it just to get me balanced again. I think I'll try Solar Flow 1 for my next yoga day. Sounds interesting. Sending ~~~~labor~~~~ vibes to your neighbor. You're such a good neighbor. Geez, thanks! Now I have Mr.Rodgers singing in my head. Creepy!

Cheryl: ^^5^^ for not subbing!!! I couldn't get through ARX when I first started the X. I still can't, especially if I'm not motivated. I kinda like my obliques the way they are. So, there's not much motivation for me to work em. Oh! I hear a lecture from the grads coming! ;-)

Teddygirl: Way to go with the weights! Have a great weekend!!!

Laurie-X: I'd like a Shrek review when you've watched it. The girls want to go see it. Awww! How sweet! A formal already. I remember mine. I went alone in 8th, but ended up with a guy by my side after 10 minutes. Hope you dd has a ton of fun tonight! You're right! T&T are like long lost twins!!! Now, here we differ. I guess it's because of my three boys. A ninja coming at me doesn't bother me. Dr. Boggie without scissors and Evangeline with garden tools do!!! ;-)

Well, I've gotta go. Here's a shout out to Jeanette, Nicole, Lea, Swifty, Amy, Debra, Katie, Debfer, Mary (where you at?) and all who follows!

Have a great day!!!
Wendy

Hi there ladies...I think I over did it yesterday since I am feeling like utter cra*ola today! I can barely hold my head up...and I am coughing and hacking all over the place. I was going to take the dog out for a walk, but I just let her go play with the dog that lives behind us for about 10 minutes and she's pooped out! So now I can just lay around until it's time to pick up DD from school. She has a sleepover at a friend's house tonight, so I will be able to take it easy after I get her over there. If I am feeling perkier this afternoon I'll try to get in some yoga or pilates plus my SH tris.

Just going to do some quick personals since my brain is not really functioning properly this morning.

Traci...Have a great time at the bay this weekend. I can't believe you're going to abandon us! Have fun with DH and the pooches. Don't you just wonder sometimes when our minds will catch up to our bodies?

Sandra...So glad to hear about your dad! Sounds like considering the situation that things are going to go as best they can! Have fun blasting with Cathe today.

Tracy...Just wanted to let you know I order a Shiva DVD...I don't remember which one though...I think the fluid one? Does that make sense? I had some Amazon coupons, so I essentially am getting it for free. You gotta listen to the Tony blog...Same old Tony...just rambling around! Funny that you don't like floor work...It's my favorite part of the leg workout! Maybe because I enjoy pilates mat exercises too. And inner thighs are the spot I like to work the most!

Cheryl...WooHoo...no subs!

Teddygirl...You're 50?!? Not at all what I had pictured! I be you look phenomenal.

Laurie...Sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. DD wants to see Shrek, too....but I am planning on going to the antique show this weekend on Sunday, so we'll have to go another time....which is fine 'cause then the theaters won't be so crowded. LOL about the wrinkles, too. DD took a picture of me the other day with my phone while we were in the Dr's office with the fluorescent lights...I erased it pretty quickly!

Jeanette...You are a busy gal this weekend! I want you to picture me with a cheerleading outfit on while you ride your relay!

Wendy...Am I reading correctly that you ate at McDonalds, Friendly's and Longhorn...all in one day? I just thought I was bad!!!LOL I am already perimenopausal...so It could be just around the corner for you too! Hopefully not though...I can tell you, it's not fun! And now I'm moving down South...I am going to be in shorts and tank tops through January!

Just to let you guys know, I added some pics of the inside of our new house to my picture trail...Any input for paint colors would be appreciated!

Okay..I'm going to lay down. This post has taken all of my energy.

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Good morning again,

I did intervals 1-5 of Tracey Staehle's High Step Intensity, with the cool down, then did about 15 minutes of her Core Conditioning. After posting here, will get the bike out and do an easy spin for my legs.

Traci, nice workout yesterday! Great pictures too! You are doing sooooo well!! Yes, your legs look nice and slim. Fabulous work, and you did it all yourself too! Way to go and ^5's all around! Back in power mode now so hang onto your hats ladies!!! We'll miss you posting this weekend, but hey, I won't be around a whole lot either. Great weather and we'd better enjoy it now before it gets too hot. DH and I have the woodstove removal project planned for Monday as we are both off on that day. Good workout today. I need to start using my Bowflex machine again. Right now, there is stuff stacked on the bench. It's a mess in here.

Sandra, sorry about AF and 6 days early :eek:. No fun at all, hope she doesn't stick around long. Dates and nuts to munch on instead of chocolate? I've been hitting one of the secretaries candy dishes way too much. Got to get a grip soon. Tonite's BBQ won't help, but I can feel a wagon jump soon, and that would be a jump onto the wagon. I've been running behind it for a few weeks now. Nice of you to cancel your dinosaur trip. You are a good neighbor. Bet they appreciate that. Great news about your father! So glad he won't have to have the chemo or radiation. The kidney removal will probably be traumatic enough.

Tracy, enjoy your workout today. I've got to increase my variety of fruits too. I am in love with bananas and usually have 1 a day, split between 2 different meals. I love them more on the green side, but will eat them when they are pretty mushy and almost fermenting too.

Cheryl, good job on S&A and AbX. Yep, you need to definitely stick with the weight workout format for sure with P90X. S&A is a good one.

Teddygirl, usually the only proteins I eat are chicken breasts and turkey bacon. I can do boring eating forever. Of course, there will be ribs tonite:9.

Laurie, you had frost? Where do you live? The BBQ is tonite, my ribs are still marinating. You boil the pork ribs in chopped ginger root for 45 minutes. The marinade is ketchup, brown sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce and tabasco drops. They are so tender. The name of the recipe is "No Leftover Ribs". We'll see. Please tell us how Shrek is. Bet your DD is excited about her formal. They grow up way too fast.

Wendy, 3 meals out yesterday? I'd be dying. I like to splurge once in a while, but more than one meal out in a day would drive me batty. Bet your house will be really nice when you finish. Hope you aren't planning on moving right after it's done.

Debra, that's it! You need to rest and not do anything strenuous at all!!! Glad the dog already got a workout. I've heard of too many colds just dragging on and one, not with just little irritating symptoms but really bad crappy symptoms, then it turns to strep or something nasty. Love your new house! You are going to have so much fun decorating it. I sure envy you (not the move itself). Thanks for cheering me on for Sunday's race!!! I'll be seeing you at that tough hairpin turn that I'm grinding up in my granny gear. I'll probably be hallucinating for sure, oxygen deprivation and all that stuff.

Jeanette

here i am..sorry to have been mia. yesterday was a hard day for me(my mom) i am feeling better today but still a bit delicate. just finished core dynergistics and my abs are fried(i am lovin' that) i have to put the kiddies to bed so i will be back:)

Ok gang- We’re heading out shortly so happy weekend to everyone I miss!

Jeanette X
Have a SUPER FABULOUS time this weekend with all your activities! The Xer Winning Team is behind you as you ride- and we’re watching you eat those ribs tonight too! Well this is quite a nice long weekend isn’t it? Congrats on finally get the stove project on the calendar! Have a wonderful time with all of it! Great workouts yourself lady! Funny but your “taking it a bit easy” is a hard day to me!

Wendy
I’m stoked since you said Shiva was “easy”- precisely what I need! I received the Creative Core Abs but none of the others yet… I order BB Online and *knock on wood* have never had a problem in 6 years! One more phase… how does THAT feel? Great job great job! Enjoy a few fewer kiddies in the house tonight… maybe you’ll get to take a “nap”!

Debra X
BEAUTIFUL new home! I just love all the hardwoods! There is one room that you called… I cant recall- but I had never heard of it before… It’s the one with built in desk area I think. I hope you get tons & tons of rest this weekend – our poor Deb X!

Mary
So are you doing X rotation officially now? What “plan” are you doing? Core Syn already??? OH MY!
I am so sorry you are struggling with your grief right now. It will come and go in waves so be gentle with your self. Big hugs that this weekend is brighter for you.

Everyone be good, eat clean, laugh a little and workout hard! See ya back same time & place on Monday:7

Kenpo Done! :D I'll do Yoga-X tonight at the inlaws. FIL can watch if he wants. He's usually good and goes to his corner of the house: the garage. He's got his tv and fridge stocked full of beer there. }(

It would be a long 3 hour ride to Grandmas with a stinky dog. Gotta give her a bath before we go. She gets too worked up at the groomers. It'll be the first time we've taken her to Phil's parents since we got her before Thanksgiving. I hope they love her as much as we do!!! I hope she's well behaved and easily loveable!

Yeah, I realize that eating out for all my meals yesterday does sound indulgent. But, my house is not up to for entertaining. And, it wasn't my idea to go out to eat last night. When in Rome.... :p :9 :7

Jeanette-X: Enjoy the BBQ. :9 I'm going to need approximate or exact measurements for the No LeftOver Ribs recipe. Sounds like a dish Phil could do! Also, the baked apple dumpling recipe would be nice if you can manage email it when you get the chance. I know you're busy the rest of this month with work, the BBQ, triathlon, woodstove removal, CC, son's birthday, camping next weekend, and Memorial Day ride. Whew! Where do you find the time to workout? Good Luck with the triathlon! During your oxygen deprivation, try to imagine me while you're gliding downhill with the wind in your face! Remember, I'm the lazy Xer! ;-) :7 :) :7

Mary: What day of the X are you doing? It's not recovery week yet for you is it? Are you doing a different rotation than classic? I'm confused as to why you're doing CS already. The first time I did CS, I had DOMS in down my spine! I blame those (insert expletive) Kelly Ripped Dreya Rolls! :D Anyhow, since Traci isn't going to be around to explain the post format, I'll quickly try:

At the top of posts, type the following information:
Phase# / Day#/ Workout for the day/ Round# / extra info

For example, mine would look something like this:
Phase 3/ Day??/ Kenpo ARX make-up & YogaX/ Round 1/ Currently struggling for an X

See it's easy! Much easier than the actual workout!

Debra-X: So sorry to hear you're still feeling under the weather! In my best Tony impersonation... Cheat like Hell, rest, and do your best!!! In my best Shiva voice... Align your pelvis to the earth.
Exhale the tightness, Release the toxins, allow them to escape the chest. Rise and lift your spine into your heart so your guts don't spill out. Inhale the sun, moon and stars, meditate on their energy ricoheting into your lungs.* Feel better now? :7

Teddygirl: You're no girl! You're a lady!!! I would have never guessed you to be 50! You have a energetic, youthful attitude and mind!

Traci-X: I should have swtiched up my recovery weeks. I really feel like I can bring it on this week. I'll hold myself back (won't be too difficult!) and do the plan as scheduled. Let me know if your switch made any difference. Have fun at the shore prancing around in your bikini! :*

It's time to blow dry the twins' hair and give the dog a bath.

Good Day!
Wendy

i cant believe i am posting right now because dh ran out of gas and i need to bring him a can..however he should have paid more attention and need i say more:) i am going with the lean rotation...i still want to be a little lighter and losing the last of my baby weight is killing me. i am 6' tall but i am small boned so i feel better when i am between 135-140. i am now 147 and hopefully the lean rotation plus clean eating will help get rid of those last pounds.
phase 1/day 1/core synergistics/round #1/ GOD help me:)

i will be back!!

lassic: Phase 2/ Week 6/ Day 4/ Round 1

Legs & Back + ARX

I sweat again today:) I didn't very much the last round but this round I'm a sweatin'. I don't know ladies, I'm bulking up and I can't say as I care for it. I want to be a lean, mean, fighting machine like Traci:) The good thing about doing the P90X rotation is that everything is firm and I have found out I can follow a written plan. The bad thing is that my pants are tighter. I haven't weighed myself for fear I might chuck the scale and the DVD's! My eating is good but NOT perfect. I like my York Pattie at night and my 100 calorie popcorn. I do not eat enough fruits and vegetables because I eat a lot of Soth Beach pre-packaged foods or protein bars. I want to eat more vegis but the practicallity of keeping all those vegis on my little fridge is not happening. I am eating 1850 calories a day and most are good foods but obviously it's not enough. Here's an example of my daily food:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with protein powder or protein shake or yogurt and granola(homeade, low-fat)
Lunch: South Beach Meal or sandwich w/ w.g. bread or wrap.
Snack: protein bar
Dinner: Cooking Light meal or something grilled w/salad.
Dessert: York Pattie or popcorn or No-Pudge brownie.

What's a girl to do. Get discouraged, yes, but stop exercising and trying, NEVER!

Well thanks for letting me vent. DH is home so I'll do my detailed personals tomorrow;)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Wendy: nice of you to say:) I guess that is what keeps me feeling young, having a good attuide, laughter and exercising ;) funny how folks always want to dictate the way I should act, the way I should look, what I should wear blah...blah... its crazy. Really, just because I'm fifty should I stop being myself, don't think so. I don’t know how to act at fifty, I was the same at 49, 48, 47, and 40. I don't play the number game, I just be myself :) if I listen to them I WILL GET OLD:+ :+ They hate it that I am sexy, I can't help that. I'd love to hear what others have to say about being SEXY and there take on what makes a women feel sexy hm...think I start a thread come Monday:) :7

Here's what I feel about sexy. Sexy is something you are born with, right? I think a woman get old faster when she loses her sex appeal, doesn't matter what age you are, a woman should always feel sexy and look her best and most importantly is too LOVE herself. My mother always told me to work with what you got.

Jeanette: Woman, why oh why did you mention ribs, huh! see what cha have started, that sounds yummy, right about now. As far as protein goes, I usually eat chicken and turkey, just so TIRED of it. I picked up a pack of regular bacon last week, cooked 3 slices in the oven and it was so delicious haven’t had regular bacon in a long time. Good workout, High Step Intensity that’s tough! I still have worked mine yet.

Debra: Thank you for the compliment, I don’t know about looking phenomenal, I have been blessed to maintain a youthful appearance, I guess its the Indian in me, but it is fading fast x( x(

Well guys, wishing each of you a wonderful and safe weekend. I have a enjoyable weekend ahead of me. Enjoy, Monday's comes fast.

Teddygirl~

Leaving as soon as Phil gets out of the shower.

Teddygirl: I'll save my sexy comments for you till Monday just in case you already left us for the weekend. ;-)

Nicole: Honey, I don't know what to tell you! Your diet looks good to me. But, is that really saying much considering the junk I eat?!?! Who was it that gained a ton of weight on protein bars? Was it you Amy? Too bad Traci left for the weekend without her laptop. I would put a pox on her house, but I luv her too much. ;-) You've said your jeans are tight. Well, I have a couple of questions and thoughts.

How old are these jeans? Did you know that jeans shrink everytime you wash and dry them. Just a positive thought.

Also, how's your weight? You never seem to mention it. Just wondering if it's staying within the normal limits like mine. Girl! You've got skinny legs to begin with! Where do you carry your fat? In your pinky? I normally carry my fat in my thighs. So, my arms have gotten bigger by 1/2" since starting the X, but my legs have leaned out by 1/2". Could it be that your body is building muscles everywhere while your arms and tummy are shedding the fat? Do you notice any leg definition? Just a thought since you haven't mentioned measurements.

And how did your legs do during recovery week? Did they slim down? This might only be popcorn induced, temporary, water retention. Salt is evil! Also, my legs are huge after doing L&B or Kenpo. It's never a good time to wear jeans after those two lower body workout days!!! Which is why I love wearing cute and sexy workout clothes! Yes, I'm trying to enable you to invest in yourself! Joy is never having to wear tight jeans while still looking GOOD! :7

Gotta get personal here... Is it the second part of your cycle? I always bloat starting as soon as I ovulate and ending with Aunt Flo. Leftover knowledge from a year's worth of trying to conceive. I know exactly when my egg(s) drop too! My breasts feel itchy, heavy and huge. My body's celluar memory recalls cellulite! And, I couldn't lose a pound if I wanted!

Hopefully Sandra is around the weekend to give you better diet advice.

Till someone helps or divine intervention comes along, here's a long Static HUG!

Wendy

Nicole....I am definitely not one to give healthy eating advice...although, I know what to eat...I just don't LOL!!! BUT...I went back and looked at your X pics...and you LOOK leaner to me...I am pretty honest..and I would say if I thought you looked chunkier or even if you were holding some water...but as of pic day, you definitely looked leaner. So...where are your pants tighter? Legs, tummy, butt? My legs are probably bigger than when I started the X...but, they are much more toned...with a lot less cellulite. So I am willing to have larger legs and have them look better, if you know what I mean.

Another thing I want to say...Try not to be over critical of your body or your weight on a day to day basis. If you feel you are eating right and exercising right...then just go with it and don't get discouraged over little fluctuations. I know that is easier said than done, but I would suggest trying to focus on the end product.

As far as nutritional advice...I would look to Traci (of course, not back until Monday), Sandra (who may be helping birth a baby over the weekend) and Tracy....who should be around. Also Laurie has also read Tosca's book..and I'm sure a few others...she may be around as long as her DD makes it home from the dance okay! Jeanette is busy eating ribs and may be a little biased! Wendy and I are no help since we like to eat steak too much! LOL!!!

Okay...I'm going for now...bbl to check on you guys...

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.