Xers * Wacky Wednesday*

teddy16410

Cathlete
Wednesday: Heavy Weights (cycle day 17)
SSets + MEnd Shoulders
Drill Max : Cardio Leg Blast #4

Morning gang!
Nice to see pretty much everyone back and safe from the weekend… WHERES WENDY?

My inner thighs are talkin’ this morning but not enough to prevent me from doing some Drill Max! Back * Chest also nice and toasty even tho I didn’t think I worked them hard enough yesterday…

A few more days until I shift gears to accommodate the “cycle” rotation recommendations… I can feel some fatigue starting to set in so its good timing.

I shall return with personals from last night a bit later today .
Have a great day all!

Hi all,

DH was supposed to set the alarm last night, but he must not have. Luckily the windows, are still open, and the birds woke me up.

Yesterday was PUB and Tone. I switched the order on PUB and did, back, biceps, chest, triceps, and delts, plus I switched a couple of the exercises just for fun. That is such a versatile workout and does get a lot done in a little amount of time.

Today is a run I might be doing Drill Max, I'm not sure yet. It depends on whether I have a vehicle to take the dogs in.

Yesterday I again tried part of Tracey's core dvd and I just can't do that. There is some move that really irritates my back. The belly burner from Sculp Sweatfest was OK, but that core one is not good for me. Any ideas on how to use the Scupt Sweatfest? I'm thinking of just giving it away. It doesn't fit into the way I workout.

Traci - I like combining two workouts for an extra burn. Even though I usually can't go very heavy on the second one, it has to have helped build the dense muscle.

Later,

Tracy

SSets + MEnd Shoulders
Drill max Cardio Leg Blast #4

Tracy X
Is your air conditioning still out? I do love waking up with nature noises tho… Great job on PUB- I totally agree it is so efficient/effective! I like using that one as a single part per day as well. I’m hoping my dense muscle growth happens like yours did! I want an upper body that is solid as a rock!

Jeanette X
My goodness you had a burst of energy yesterday! Usually after down time my rear drags for a few days. CONGRATS on finally getting the stove out! Very happy about fridge- I was looking at all the cool new styles and was quite taken aback by the price! I could buy a used car!!! Ate well yesterday and definitely feel bloat leaving (& crankiness that sugar causes)

Nicole
Sorry Plyo gave you an extra ZAP yesterday! Its one of those workouts that never seems to get “easy”.. After a hundred weeks of it you’d think it would but it’s a real goodie! I always used that one fairly often even in non X rotations… It really leans out my legs. I think it’s the NO STEP thing + slower pace than the Imax’s. LOL on DS! Maybe you can fix him up with Sandra’s girls (who also like to make mom sweat!) For dinner I had a HUGE salad with 3oz of Red Fish (it’s a white fish). I would have completely passed on dinner as I had no desire to eat – the heat & humidity really get me in the afternoons here… I also mowed the back yard right after dinner so I felt good before going to bed.

Debra X
Thanks so much for your kind & encouraging words… You are a much better friend than Eva Longoria is to her pals! On the vegan eating… I agree that if you have a social reason for not eating meat then its really a no brainer… I am not opposed to it – for me its more of a health issue of all the hormones injected into our animal proteins … I just think that women tend to suffer the consequences down the road – I think I’m good with my fish tho as its all the stuff we catch in the bay & the Gulf of Mexico…. Egg whites – probably “iffy” but I gotta have them! LOL on the tank! Do you know that I haven’t even removed the tag yet? I am so worried about ruining it! LOLOLOL – Today I shall wear it proudly! You’re a doll! More Than Mat sounds REALLY great! I am troddling off to seek it out! Thanks for the tip- I am really enjoying the MTV Pilates/Yoga Mix DVD too!

Amy
Thanks for link- heading there next…… That’s FABULOUS that you have a “partner” helping you with that much detail on proper fueling! Good for you and your “no-one’s a stranger” personality! VERY happy that your comforter is out of the house! LOL

Good Morning and well wishes to all the Xers!

Morning,

How is everyone? Me back :) yesterday I had to take another vacation day couldn’t help it. I’m down 3 lbs I walked and walked and walked all my booty is gone bye-bye. But my legs are so much leaner.

My workout over the weekend nothing but walking and PUB that’s it. Tonight, not sure if I’m doing any workout. I shall see, but its feeling like a rest day to me. BUT, if I have any energy tonight workout will be MIS and a 45 minute walk.

Teddygirl!

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk8/Day7/Rnd2
Workout: StretchX

Had to get up early today, oldest DD had to catch a bus to head out to her Choral Festival. They sing and then head to Great America for the day. :) She was all excited. :)

We won our volleyball games last night. We have a team of 2 guys and 2 girls all around the age of 40. We beat 20 year olds. Was muggy last night, so the sand was having a great time attaching to the bod. :D This is the first time we have played at this complex, and it had a total of 8 volleyball courts. I'm guessing the drinking by the 20 year olds, help us win. :)

Jeanette, Good to hear your fridge was able to be repaired. What a way to end the vacation though. x( Glad you had such nice weather for your ride also. I have played volleyball since I was in HS, and still love it. I'm just glad that I can still play.

Nicole, Sometimes workouts can be like that. I know that one day I can feel really great about a workout, and then dread doing the workout. But like Debra said do your best. Seems this has become my new motto even for other things besides exercise. :) Picture trail, hmmmm... ya I need to do that one of these days. Just need to sit down at home and get it done.

Debra, Your results are really great. Sounds like you have gotten the right fit for what your body needs. Yes as you can see I am playing volleyball again this year. Our group consists of my brother and SIL, and a friend of theirs. It is only one day out of the week. Yesterday was a little tough, because it was our first game. Even though I work out, some places on my bod are a little sore this morning. :7 I'm thinking StretchX will be a good thing for tonight.

Sandra, I don't know what is the great motivation with the faire. Right now we are having fun, but with this new position my DH has as director of our guilde it may not be fun for long. :( We will see how things go, since Sunday is the first rehearsal. I get to see all the e-mails, and have to be the sounding board for DH. :D Glad I am there to help him talk things out.

Traci, You should see my energy level today! ;) After volleyball I went to the grocery store. My DH beat me home last night. :7 :7 :7 I am so glad the only workout on my schedule is StretchX. I really need another cup of coffee this morning, but I don't have any coffee for the pot. Maybe I should head out to the store and get a bag. My boss hasn't shown up yet. :D He wouldn't even miss me. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning,

Today was S&H Triceps and about 35 minutes of Christi Taylor's Hi-Lo Heaven. Got in an easy bike spin yesterday after work. When I got back from the ride, DH had started removing the rock from the wall in the living room with an air hammer. Lots of dust all over everything. Will be that way for a while I suppose. Glad we're getting this project started. I then spent the rest of the evening wheeling the rock outside to a pile to be used in an outdoor project.

Today I need to call a vet to have the sutures removed from Tillie's eye socket area. DH tried to remove them himself last night, but she wouldn't hold still. I also have a dentist appointment this afternoon. With any luck, maybe I can schedule the suture removal around the time of the dentist appointment.

Traci, what worked your inner thighs to have you feeling them today? I rarely feel them, except when I did B&G for the first time, they were really talking to me. Is your rotation a one body part a day one? I see you are doing SS and ME shoulders, is that SS shoulders too? Just curious.

Tracy, I like switching PUB around too. Is the Tracy DVD that you have called Core Conditioning? There definitely are some moves in that one (I think at the beginning) where someone with an iffy back would want to modify.

Teddygirl, glad you are back. I think the walking is great and seems to be working so well for you. I had to go home and meet the fixit refrigerator man yesterday during my lunch so no walk for me. Hope to get it in today, just depends on work.

Wendy, where are you?

Jeanette

Hi Laurie,

Congrats on the volleyball game!! So wish I was there too!!! That's awesome that you guys beat the much younger players. Are you tall? Can you block? I'm only 5'2" so I was a setter, which I loved. I remember that scene in "Meet The Parents", where he spikes the ball into the bride's face and gives her a bloody nose. I like how the motto "do your best..." has crossed over into other endeavors in my life. I just can't get too darned serious about all this stuff. As I get older, I'm relaxing more, but still getting results I'm happy with. Funny how we change. I don't want my grandkids to say that Grandma loved working her triceps more than she loved spending time with us. Good that you can help your DH with Faire stuff. Another viewpoint on issues is always good.

Jeanette

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 8/ Day 3/ Round 1

Back & Biceps + ARX

I'm looking forward to doing this workout when I get home from taking the boys to school. It's always fun. I am getting a stronger band today so that my back exercises are more difficult.

Jeanette, Glad you were able to get the fridge fixed for so cheap. I wish I knew someone in appliance repair so it would be even cheaper:) I am really looking forward to seeing the beautiful scenery in Wyoming. I think it will be nice to get away. I'll put all of the pictures up on my Picture Trail when I get back. Yeah, you're getting the rock out. It will be so nice to have it done I bet. Hope you were able to make your appointments work out.

Tracy, Bummer your routine didn't workout yesterday.(no pun intended:) I hope you are able to do the routine you wanted to today.

Traci-X, Dinner sounded yummy:9 It is nice to get moving a little before bed, helps sleep go better. I think I might have grilled salmon tonight with some salad. Your workout sounds intense again. You go girl!

Teddygirl, Glad you're seeing the results you want. I bet you feel good!

Laurie, Such an athletic family you are:) It sounds like you all enjoy it though. How fun to play volleyball. I haven't played for years. The Picture Trail will take you about 20 minutes to set up, it's really easy:eek:

Hi to all who follow,

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Good morning,

No time for a real post right now. Just go back to yesterday's post, substitute "Butts and Guts" for MIC, and "go grocery shopping" for taking DD for a play around the neighbourhood. It's a gorrrrrgeous day today and I wish I could actually take DD for a play, instead of spending 2 hours in a grocery store. Oh well.

BG felt really good today. I love the way it opens up my hip joints.

It's great to see all the familiar faces back on the scene. Where's Wendy??

BBL,
SandraX

SSets + MEnd Shoulders

Sandra X~
Which KPC/L&G mix is it that you rave about? Do any of them alternate between combos & legs? I cant find the note I made to myself after your post a few months ago.

TeddyGirl~
LOL on extra day off- I figured! Seems to be a holiday pattern with my gal! ^5! AWESOME about your leaner legs by walking!!! FANTASTIC! Are you “speed walking” or hill walking or just good olf fashioned walking?

Nicole~
May I hand you the X Award right now? You are by far the most inspired & enthused from start to finish! I applaud you and am bowing to the new X queen!
Salmon & Salad is one of my favorite meals of all times! We cant catch salmon in our warm waters so it’s a “treat” when I spurge & buy it for myself- ENJOY!

Laurie X~
^5 to all of us old timers! You did the over 40’s VERY PROUD!!!! ROFL about the truth to your booze/20’s theory! I remember those fun days all too well! LOL on the coffee & energy level- I’m with ya there! I find that following my “cycle rotation” is very effective mentally as I always have moderate & lite weeks to look forward to! Your children take after you- ACTIVE BEES ALL THE TIME!

Jeanette X~
Yesterday I did GS Legs…. My outer thighs & calves really were tight all day but were fine this morning- just those singing inner thighs! I’ll take it if it means the jiggle is going bye bye! Doing 1 part per day this week – doubling up by using some of those FB workouts I never get around to doing… {{{{{{Tillie}}}}}} Mine don’t let me near them to handle that kind of stuff! I even have to take Sandy to vet to have toes clipped as she wont go near Petsmart anymore after shaving fiasco! I think she sees her vet as the authority figure in her life cuz it sure ain’t me! I really like what you’re doing with shorter cardios & one part a day… I have that planned in for later in summer… very effective I think. I think that air hammer sounds like a fun tool! I need one to get my aggressions out!

Sending troops out to find WENDY!!!!!!!! Not good when she disappears!

Good Morning!!! I woke up to THE most wonderful sound this morning......a rain storm that Traci sent to us with love!!! (I'm hoping, anyway!) We haven't had rain in so long that I can't remember when the last storm was!!! It's been raining for over 4 hrs, too!!! YEA!!

Anyway, yesterday, like I said was double sets upper PP and one round of upper body from SS. Oh, the toast! Today I have upper back DOMS that I have NEVER felt before from anything that I have done. It feels great!!!

Jeanette- I am so glad that you didn't need to get a new fridge!!! I actually WANT a new one. I hate the one I have right now! Great job on finally getting the rock out! Your DH sounds like my dad.....he can't do anything that's a new idea. When I was in college, I told dad that I needed a car (older brother was going to same college, but lived across town and had his own life....I can't blame him for not wanting to shuttle little sister around). Dad immediately shouted, NO!! Well, about 3 months later, he came to me and asked if I still felt like I needed a car, and I said "yes", he said, "well, good, because I bought one for you for $300". It was a 1978 Pontiac Bonneville (big enough to transport Mafia victims in the trunk!!!) and I loved it!

Traci- I guess that my "nobody is a stranger" attitude helps with being a nurse! Of course, I can turn it off when I'm off of work, but it still sneaks out occasionally, :). I am glad that your inner thighs are toasty! Makes it feel like you accomplished something! I was going to work in the yard today, but now it's debatable, not that I'm complaining.

TG- Welcome back, girl! I am glad that you had a good weekend!

Nicole- I am so impressed that you can stick with the X!! When I started my weight loss journey 2.5 yrs ago, I didn't think that I would stick with it....I've always had what I call "Diet A.D.D"...I could only stick to something for about 3 months. Now, I have "Exercise A.D.D.", I find that I have to change it up on a regular basis or I get bored!!!

Sandra- I hope that you get a chance to enjoy the outdoors today! I hope that the shopping trip is uneventful!

To everyone else I missed....I hope that you have a great day and I will see what ya'll've been up to later!;-) :7

Hi there ladies...Just popping on while I cool down from my ride this morning. At 8:30 it was 82 degrees here...so who knows what it is now! Boy, am I hot. As I have gotten older I just can't handle the heat like I used too! I'm trying to cool off enough to be able to walk upstairs to the shower, because I smell like a goat! I was planning on also doing SH bis today...but I may do legs this afternoon instead...Just not in the mood for upper body today. I am starting to get tired of SH....but I want to finish it up this week since I will be taking some time off...Gotta get motivated! If I don't end up doing legs or bis...I will definitely do some tragic hips to loosen up a bit.

Okay...no time for personals now...I really can't concentrate enough to do them...I'll bbl to catch up....Have we sent up a signal flare for Wendy yet? Maybe smoke signals would work!

Wish me luck making it up the stairs...Looking forward to a cool shower!

ta-ta
Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hey gang....I just updated my picturetrail with the landscaping photos. I need to take pics of the new bushes, but you get the idea. I really like how it turned out!

Debra, Pretty soon your DH will be home and you'll be so glad you stuck with your rotation. I'm proud of you. Sticking through the monotony pays off in the end:) Take it easy today, you don't want to be sick for the big move.

Amy, Your yard looks very nice. I love the daylilies. Such a busy girl:)

Wendy, WHERE ARE YOU????

Traci-X, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just OCD, that's all there is too it.

Gotta go, DS is climbing on me and choking me:) Must be time to exit the computer area!

Nicole

-Earl of Derby-

SSets + MEnd Shoulders

~What a fabulous workout I had today! Shoulders got worked really good as the segments in the Leg Blast mix also worked them! Felt strong all the way thru and now thinking the best way to stretch out those hammies & calves will be a stretch session later this afternoon.~!

All you busy gals were making me feel like a slug yesterday so this morning I got busy at 5am`
• 5 loads of laundry all washed & put away
• Entire closet cleaned out with a mountain of giveaway for goodwill
• Dresser drawers cleaned out
• Bed sheets changed
• Plants pruned
• Drycleaning taken in
• Workout completed
• Lunch eaten
Pondering a long nap soon! LOL DH told me last night that he’d start helping me in yard at night after dinner so this landscaping project can get done without me devoting days on end to it. I thought that was very nice as he is a couch potato in the evenings!

~Sandra X
LOL on your post! You are waaaay too busy these days!

~Amy
The pics are terrific! How very cool all the new stuff looks and just look at those daylilies! Worth all the hassle last year I’m sure! Congrats on those DOMS! You must have really focused and brought it! You are VERY welcome for the rain! We are almost 24 hours without any sprinkles- YIPPEE

~Debra X
GREAT RIDE TODAY!!! Woohoooooooo!!! I’m sure seeing DH soon is a huge motivating factor! Hope the goat got cleaned up!

~Nicole
LOL on the choking ! Arent kids the “cutest?”

:eek: :-( WENDY :eek: :-( WENDY :eek: :-( WENDY :eek: :-( WENDY :eek: :-( WENDY :eek: :-( WENDY :eek: :-( WENDY :eek: :-( WENDY
:eek: :-(

Hi,

Time to do some catching up!

TraciX - How'd you enjoy the DM premix today? I don't know why, but I love those drills. The KPC/LG premix I really enjoy is listed as "KickBox Cardio Drills plus Kickbox and Stregnth Circuit + abs". It's 82 minutes. This does the KPC warm up, intermediate and intensity drills, then circuits the KPC combos with the LG standing work. It ends with KPC abs and stretch. If you only want to do the KPC combos circuited with the LG standing work & KPC abs, then do the 61min premix called "Kick Box and Strength Circuit". You know how they list the KPC/LG premixes under each of the individual KPC and LG workouts? When they programmed in the 82 min premix, they left out combo#1 under one of the workouts, but I can never remember which one. Chapter-skip your way through the workout and make sure combo#1 comes up, otherwise, go into it through the other workout. Your tag is still on your tank top?? I only got mine less than a week ago, and half of Edmonton has seen it! It's going to be nice and hot tomorrow, so I'll probably show it off to the other half of the city then. Wellllll, who's the competitive monkey now, hey? That's quite a huge list of things you managed to complete this morning!!! You are fully entitled to a nap! That lower body workout page you linked for me the other day: is that the "Freestyle" approach everyone on the OD talks about? I agree with you about BFS being similar to other nutritional books. They all seem to boil down to: eat fresh foods, don't eat sugar and fat, don't overindulge in anything. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? Grrrrr! I've tried quite a few of Barnard's recipes, and have been happy with all of them. The Stewed Prunes are super simple to make, and taste grrreat on hot oatmeal.

TracyX - DrillMax for you today, too, huh? You sound like you're back on top! Woohoo! Your suggestion to do what works for me is a good one.....except I no longer know what works for me! Actually, Weight Watchers and 1-2 hour daily exercise sessions "worked" for me, except that I was always hungry, and spending way too much time working out. I was hoping to find a formula that didn't involve starvation and being tethered to the gym. Oh, I definitely want immediate gratification :) I feel I've developed a very good layer of muscle, now I want to show it off a bit.

Teddygirl - I about fell off my stability ball! Your post today was about someone who has reached their goal! Is *happy* with her shape!! WTF?! What planet do you come from? Congratulations to you!

JeanetteX - Wow, replacing your stove sounds like a major-renovation project. I'm thrilled your fridge bill was only $90. We just finished paying for 5 new appliances, and that's a significant investment. Good luck removing the sutures from Tillie's eye. I can only imagine how much she would not want to cooperate with someone poking her in the eye with a pair of tweezers. Hopefully she's not in pain from it. Will her eye be permanently closed? I don't know why you feel like you need to be an ant, if you're really a grasshopper. You don't get any points for dying with a clean house, so you might as well live your life to the fullest.

LaurieX - Wow, are you heading into your second recovery week? When you finish this round of the X, I'll give you a standing ovation. You can stay seated, because you'll be tired. Volleyball is fun! You need to play it on the beach so you can wear your bikini. You probably look better in it than those 20 year olds.

Nicole - I'm groaning on your behalf about the mess your DS made yesterday. Some days you just want to give them away to a good home, don't you? Your vacation sounds wonderful! The kids will especially love the dinosaur museums, I imagine. I'm on the other side of the country from PEI, although I've travelled out to those parts before. Why do you ask? Do you have connections to the island? I really enjoy living in Canada. But then, I've never lived anywhere else. I've lived in a few different parts of the country, and they all have their own unique personalities. DH and I spent a few years exploring Canada before our first DD was born, and I was always impressed. We have a beautiful country. I'm sure the US is very similar? I see you did the Popeye workout today! That's a goody. I think you're our only 1st-rounder still hanging around and following the program. I guess you get the Persistance Award, too.

Amy - You're down 4 pounds since Friday? Way to go!! Are you feeling hungry on this plan, or content? Your knee feels like popping corn? I'm shuddering. Good thing you're getting it examined! If you're happy about 4 hours of rain, then I'm happy for you. Woohoo rain! Very, very interesting way you used PP and SS yesterday. Ages ago someone put together a total body premix that combined both of those workouts. You've made me intrigued enough to possibly do something like that. I haven't read your soy-is-bad article yet. I'll do that in a bit. Oh gosh, now I see that you've added landscaping pictures for viewing. I'll put that on my to-do list as well. I hope DH stays feeling well enough for your date tomorrow. Sounds like a lot of fun!!

DebraX - You smell like a goat? LOL! That's surely a compliment for the goat! I don't blame you for getting tired with SH. I love that series, but usually find I'm only good with it for a week at a time. It's such a time-hog. Have you been able to increase your weightloads? Thank you very much for the long and thoughtful post yesterday. I vascillate on my goals, and that's the main problem. You have to stay focused on a goal for quite a few weeks to see a strategy pay off, and usually part way through I decide to change my goal. I don't help myself very much, do I? I know one thing for sure: I want to be more slender than I am now, especially in the middle. But I don't want straight arms and legs; I want curvy muscle definition. Possibly what I need to do is to really focus on the fat loss, because the muscle will still be there underneath it all. Then I can work on increasing muscle density if I want. That "when is enough enough" question is a tough one to answer. Maintaining is not nearly as fun as improving!

The grocery shopping was fairly uneventful today, thankfully. The only problem was that every time I came to the end of an aisle, DD saw the swingset and slide display that was set up near the cashiers, and she freaked out every time, yelling "play! play!! Plaaaaayyyy!!!!" then collapsing in a sobbing heap when I wouldn't let her out of the cart. Repeat scenario for each and every aisle. I finally let her run amok in the display while I put the stuff through the cashier.

I forgot to mention that yesterday I squeezed in some yoga shakti: classic sun salutations and the Standing Poses Flow 1. I'd like to do something similar today. But it's now mid afternoon, and I'm going to get DD out for some fresh air and sunshine. Have a great day!

SandraX

Hello, hello, hello! Hope everyone is having a fun day...and eating only healthy foods and getting wonderful workouts in! Let's see, I recovered from my bike ride and went to have sushi for lunch....We have a great place really close to us...North Carolina is lovely, but not known for their sushi! Then picked up DD from school and headed to our downtown area which is one of the best things about this area...Got some treats for the dog, some Crocs for DD, and I got a couple of tank tops from Lucy...If you don't have one of these stores in your town..you must go to their online site...They have very cute workout clothes...and usually really good sales. And then...I had a half a cone of ice cream...Almond Joy ice cream, in fact! I never have ice cream...and I am feeling guilty for eating it...but it was yummy! I am having a little get together for DD and a few of her close friends tomorrow...I will be picking up 5 screaming, excited girls from school tomorrow...and taking them to a paint your own pottery place...then back to our house, where we add in another neighborhood child...then they will play here, or if the weather cooperates we will go to the pool for an hour or so. I must get lots of rest tonight to prepare for the festivities. This is a going away/kindergarten graduation party. Wish me luck!

On to a few personals...I am only going to get a few in right now, since I have not done any sort of workout this afternoon yet...Still contemplating what I am in the mood for. I also got my Squeeze dvd today...so I want to preview that.

Traci....You don't have to list all that you accomplished today to let us know that you are actually doing something..LOL! I can't imagine you sitting around eating bon bons! Glad you are enjoying your SS mixes. I hope that you wore your Xer shirt today...and continued to repeat the mantra.

Tracy...Glad the birds were there to wake you up yesterday. Hope you got a run in with your pooches...although, what are your temps there? I don't think I've done Drill Max as produced yet..but I have used parts here and there.

Sandra...I laughing at your description of DD at the grocery store...I love the age your DD is now...it's a lot of fun...but there is a lot of drama involved too! Give me the 6 year old anytime. I think most goats would not have wanted to be close to me today...lol. Did I mention before that the house we are moving to is out in the country? So, on the way there from town is a farm that has these miniature donkeys...and their new spring babies...They are INCREDIBLY cute...but pretty smelly too...and that's what I felt like today. It sounds to me like you are really looking for fat loss...so, repeat after me..."keep my goal in mind" over and over again when deciding on rotations. And, yes, I have definitely brought up my weight loads...I am at least as heavy as Cathe for each segment...and higher than Cathe for certain exercises. I am now able to hang with her on chest, which previously I could NEVER do....same with bis. I am usually a bit heavier than her on tris, shoulders and back.

Nicole...LOL about DS choking you! How was back and bis today? It's funny that Tony calls them glamor muscles...I think shoulders are much more glamorous!

Amy...You yard is looking great! Why is it you have to add sand to your grass? Just to keep the beachy look and feel?

Okay...I'll be back to catch up with everyone else in a bit!

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

SandraX- I just love Anne of Green Gables and always have dreamed of visiting Prince Edward Island. It looks beautiful. So you're on my side of Canada? My mom amd dad went to the island near Seattle and that's the closest they've been to Canada. I can't remember what the island is called:) Anyway, I think Canada has more interesting looking buildings than the western U.S. We are younger than the east so not as many old buildings. I wish we had more, I think they are beautiful.

Debra, Oh my, all those kindergardners, I'll keep you in my prayers:) I'm with you on eating food outside of the norm. I start to feel guilty as well. I'll have to get over it for vacation.

Traci-X, Way to get things done today! Do you want to pass some of that motivation my way?:)

See you all tomorrow,

Nicole

-Earl of Derby-

Hi...I'm back...DD is in the bed after watching a few music videos on the computer. Her faves are Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, Carrie Underwood, and Pink...of all things! Anyway got in PP double legs this evening, which I enjoyed...and then did the stretch from B&G since I think her stretches in the more recent videos are longer and just better overall.

Okay...a few more personals...

Jeanette...Hope sweet Tillie is doing okay after having her stitches removed. Glad the fridge didn't cost too much...I keep telling my mom she needs a new one since hers is about 15 years old...the ice maker doesn't work, etc....but she won't part with it for some reason. And what exactly did I miss about the rock in your walls??? Are the walls just stone and your are replacing them with dry wall?!? Or did some mysterious rock from another planet land in your living room? And when is your bike ride this week? Tomorrow, maybe? Anyway, good luck whenever it is!

Laurie...Bless your little heart! Volleyball?! I am awful at all team sports...Actually I am awful at most sports...It's amazing I am in the shape I am today...Complete willpower on my part! The only reason I was ever picked for any team during gym in junior high was because I was part of the popular group, so they took pity on me. I didn't take gym in high school and subbed marching band instead! Isn't it interesting how there is always some muscle that we find that we haven't worked in a while! Hope you enjoyed StretchX tonight. And I am sure your DD had a great time today.

Traci...Hope DH followed through with his promise to help you with the yard work this evening. It sounds like you got all of household chores done today before I even got up....Are you sure you don't want to come up here and clean out the closet in my office? You may find all kinds of goodies that you would want to keep...My DH used to work for Best Buy and we have lots of electronics stuff we never even opened! I also have some laundry that needs to be folded...I actually pay really well!

Okay...I think I am pretty caught up....Hi to Swifty, Teddygirl, Cheryl....and Wendy wherever she is!

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Hi all,
Had a good day at work today, time flew by. Had to leave at 2:30 for a dentist appointment, just a regular cleaning. Will have to go back in June for a crown on a top molar. Made an appointment for Tillie to get the stitches out of her eye on Friday afternoon. Will work thru my lunch 45 minutes to get off work earlier for that. Tomorrow is our monthly hill climb competition. Hope the weather is good for it. It was 90 degrees here at 6:00, the time of tomorrow night's climb. The climb will be in some shaded areas so hopefully not too warm. We had thunder and lightning over an hour ago and it caused a brush fire. Saw the helicopter and heard lots of sirens. Wind was really whipping.

Nicole, did you get the stronger band for the B&B workout? I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get them posted. Want DH to see those parks someday.

Sandra, hope the grocery shopping wasn't too bad. Sometimes I get in there and I see a lot of people I know. Takes forever to get out. Yes, I was glad that I only had to pay the $90 for the fridge repair. My DH is pretty handy but doesn't know anything about refrigeration or have the gauges and tools that are needed. As I understand, Tillie's eye will be permanently closed. The lids were sewn together. I will be happy when the stitches are out. She's such a little character. Has DH and I wrapped around her little paw. My house is so dusty right now. I only did the dishes today. Why dust when it's only going to get worse? Thanks for letting me know it's okay to be a grasshopper. Somehow, we buckle down at the end of summer and get the firewood in and prep for winter. Yoga Shakti sounds good. I'm due for a yoga session soon.

Traci, no air hammer today. DH and DS moved a slab of concrete out of the living room that the old stove was sitting on. That thing must have weighed a good 250#. They used a dolly, thank goodness. Usually DH removes all of the stitches on our pets. However, Tillie would have none of the eye stitches being touched. Can't say I blame her. Vet will remove them on Friday afternoon. What a productive day you had today! I need to start getting busy. That wine needs to be racked and bottled too.

Amy, your Dad sounds like mine for sure. I caught my mom cleaning tin foil the other night so she could reuse it. I know she cringes when she sees me use it so "foolishly". They still drive all over town to pay their bills in person. Oh well, must have come from that generation that went thru the Depression. I checked out your Picture Trail, love your new yard pictures. Bet it's nice to have everything automated. Love the lilies, so pretty.

Debra, I did S&H triceps today and it was a burner! I think 3-4 weeks would be about all I could handle. It's good that this rotation alternates between GS & S&H. You deserve the ice cream if you have to handle those screaming, excited girls tomorrow. It's just a little pre-payment. Let us know what you think about Squeeze. I like it, did the upper body once and was dying! We are removing the rock on the walls where the woodstove was, replacing with tile and then installing a new woodstove. DH and I have never done a tiling project before, but have lots of resources. Once he gets all the rock and the mortar and lath off the walls, hardy board (or whatever it's called) on the wall, I'll be able to measure and start picking out some tile. The rock was so outdated, dust catching, and dreary. Also very heavy.

Got to run, may pop off an email to Wendy. Where the heck did she go?

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.