Xers - **Thursday** (and we're darn tootin' happy about that!)

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~ Hard & Heavy / Cycle Day 5~~~~~~~~
Upper Body Blast
* Push Pull Upper
* SuperSets Upper
* Freestyle Upper using Cables (Door Gym)

Ok- Lower body is officially SCREAMING! Between Hill Walk, Squeeze Lower- MTV Pilates Legs and Core Cardio (that Tony sneaks in leg work) I am fried! Thank heavens today is Upper Body Blast! I think its Squeeze that has gotten to me as I have ouchies in funky places… deep inside the outer booty and the ½ inch between booty and hamstring (usually only sneaky lunges get me there!) For Sandra X – when doing a complete lower body squeeze session you have to use both the Extras (mix n match) + the full body work out- just FF to lower- theres standing + floor segments there too that are different from the custom section.

Just a few personals from late yesterday so Happy day to all I caught on yesterdays board!

DEBRA X & NICOLE: IT’S TIME TO COME BACK NOW!!! Miss you!

TeddyGirl:
OMG on your door gym cables! Maybe you use yours more than me or perhaps you just got a factory defect… I’d definitely contact them- sometimes these things have lifetime warranties.

Cheryl
Nice job on early RS yesterday! Im sure it feels good to be back in full form. I shall indeed seek professional help for mirrors! I have a small full length one that I use now so that’s probably good enough for awhile

Jeanette X
What a project you have embarked on yet again! So nice that your sister lives close enough to aid & assist! LOL on the bike- I think I have figured out how to fix so I’ll let ya know later… If so I can do a short ride tomorrow morning before leg work. I see that you and Sandra X are both awaiting some new fun treats in the mail! Must have both been in buying zone at same time!

Wendy
I’ll be at bay without computer this weekend I think so I do hope the rest of crew returns! Phase 3 for another week? Whats up with that??? Arent you chomping at the bits to be done yet???? LOL on ordering NEW X stuff! Wasn’t it YOU that just 8 weeks ago was complaining and dreading ever ordering from BB again???? Did Tony HOOK you!?

**************** D E B R A X
U P D A T E ***************

Just got an email from our Debra X!!!!! She is finally "in" the new house and is just left with the daunting task of unpacking! DD is staying with grandma so thats good but her poochie is following "mom" around everwhere so there is that to deal with! (we all know that feeling!)

DH is coming home from Russia today and then they take off for a little vacation.... Debra expects to be back with us around the 25th (give or take a few days)

She sends her best to all the gang and cant wait to get back with us!

Good morning,

SandraX: I got some goodies from grocery store. I found a few cans of refried beans in my cabinet. First time trying em, usually cook my own beans. Anywho, I brought about ½ cup to put on my whole wheat tortilla, diced red peppers and onions for the week. I baked chicken breast last night Yuck!! Just kidding to eat with my spinach salad and added cottage cheese and other veggies, I’m really going to focus on protein, Oh, forgot to mention most important thing, I’m adding around 800 to 1000 calories to my diet. I am convinced I CAN NOT build beautiful muscles from lack of food this is why I haven’t got the results I been working so hard for, need to eat;-) I’m on it now;-)

TracieX: I with I could take it back but had it when P90x came on the seen. Nice workout.

I thought I’d lists my stats as well also keeping a log tracking progress. My UB is feeling it real good this morningx( Each movement was very controlled and my focus was on point. Finished up abs, and walked 1 hr & 25 minutes.

Push up – 32 - 4 big boy that's good, building back up to 16
BB chest 30 lbs
Flies 30 lbs

Back
one arm rolls – 30 lbs
over hand grip – 35 / 1 set 12 reps
under hand grip – 35 / 1 set 16 reps

Shoulder
bb upright rolls 10 lbs 12reps 20 8 reps
over head press 16 lbs 8 reps
lateral raises 20lb 12 reps & 16lbs 10 reps

Biceps
Barbell crazy 8’s 30lbs 2x
Hammer curls 20lbs 12 reps 2x

Triceps
Barbell French press 25 lbs 12 reps
Dips w/25lb bb
kick backs 5lbs 8lbs 2 sets

Tonight, legs & glutes xtreme also doing some free styling from GS legs

Teddygirl~

Good morning,

Today's workout was S&H Biceps (a burner) and then couldn't help myself again, Christi Taylor's Still Jumpin. Got further into this one than before. I didn't want to stop but my time was up. This is my last week of S&H/GS One Body Part a Week. I think next week I will start a Slim Series or Jari Love.

Traci, glad you got the bike brakes figured out. I struggle with working on my mtn. bike brakes for some reason. The road bike ones are easy. I have a friend at work that has done lots of tiling so I'll call him today and get some answers to some of the questions we had last night while measuring. This will definitely be a new type of project for DH and I, but I'm confident we can do it.

Teddygirl, have you always had trouble keeping weight on? Wish I had that problem. I am such an easy keeper, if I was a livestock, they would love me. Lots of return on the low feed amount LOL! Can you say efficient? You would think that would be a good thing. See you are checking in with the Hardcores. Some of those gals have some serious muscle going on. Check out Diana Sue and Fitness Freak! Bet you get some good advice over there too.

Hi to everyone,

Jeanette

RE: Xers - **Thursday** (and we're darn tootin' happy ...

Jeanette: heck no, I can look at food and pick up weight I gain so easy. Yep, hardcore folks, I figure I hang out with the big guys as well, can learn a lot there they are NO joke, they don't miss a beat. Diana, Fitness Freak and Toasty these girl are something else, needing all the information I can get.

Teddygirl, I had forgotten about avocados. Yum, yum, double yum. Guacamole and healthy chips is the bomb... and I think avocado is some of the reason I love california roll sushi so well }(
Sounds like you have some very good plans.

Traci, thanks for the great news on Debra! And it sounds like your workout room is coming together nicely. I'm glad you have at least some mirror for now. I didn't for all this time, and it's showing me things (both good and bad) that I didn't know!:7 :7 :7

Today is the long awaited B&G I didn't get to before. I need it. Here goes!

I'll be back to check in later -

Cheryl

Cheryl: Avocados, why the heck are they so dog gone expensive? Yummy tho. Enjoy B&G.

Good morning,

So yesterday I did do Cardio Kicks, and then because I still had a bit of extra time, I did a 4-round circuit of push/pull ups. Today I'm feeling my lats like I haven't felt them in a while. It's a good thing.

This morning I did Butts & Guts. Always enjoy that one. It's amazing how much easier it's become with regular use, especially the floor work.

Teddygirl - I'm glad you were able to use some of my suggestions! I hope you see some muscle gain. I forgot to mention edamame beans. TraciX turned me on to them a while ago, and they're a terrific snack on their own, or thrown into a salad or stir fry. They're very high in protein. Another terrific plant protein is quinoa, which is a small round grain. It's one of the few grains that is a complete protein as well. As easy to make as instant rice.

TraciX - ooooh, I'm so sorry I mixed up the Traci/y's the other day!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I hope my message didn't come across as mean, as I was just attempting to tease Tracy for her audacity at suggesting I don't eat clean enough ;) Your workout yesterday was "one of those days." How aggravating!! But at least you made the best of things, and your legs are giving witness to that today! Thank you for the lower body Squeeze tip. I got the workout yesterday. I have a choice between using my 8.8lb medicine ball, or a light plastic child's ball. Which one do you suggest? Is Tracey's ball weighted? Thanks for the Debra update. How was your upper body bonanza today? How long did it take to do both the pp and ss upper body work? Have you ever used the mix'n match feature from the Body Blast Timesaver dvd to do a total upper body workout? That's not so bad, either. The push ups are some of her toughest.

JeanetteX - I have Still Jumpin', but don't think I've ever tried it. You are good at actually taking the time to learn new choreography. I just want to be able to press play and go. Have you seen any good results from your one-body-part-a-day rotation? Your bike trip with your friends sounds like a hoot and a hollerin' good time!!! When are you likely to go?

Cheryl - I'm with you on the avocado :9 :9 And the B&G! Ever notice how she only does 24 pulses on the left leg during the hamstring work, and 32 pulses on the right? I try to alternate my starting leg every time I do that workout, so I can keep things balanced!

Wendy - Isn't there a chapter in the DD employee manual specifically named, "Wendy"!? Written in 5 different languages, surely? I've lost track of where you are with the X these days. What's today's workout? Are you still doing okay, or is boredom rearing it's ugly head?

TracyX - I hope DS's graduation was a wonderful experience. Did you attempt to make a celebratory dinner?

LaurieX - Good morning!

Amy - Good morning!

Have a great day,
SandraX

Good morning, campers!!!

I was up and out the door early this morning....around 7!! Yes, my clock actually has a 7a on it!!! I went to the gym and did a BodyPump class. It was really good, reminded me a lot of Cathe's stuff. I had to laugh because you do TONS of repititions, so they recommend light weight. I took that to put #25 on my barbell for legs. It felt about right, maybe a bit light. There were women who didn't use weights at all. Then for bicep curls used about #5. I even saw a lady last week who was doing 1 arm DB rows with a #3! I wanted to ask her what she was trying to tone, but didn't as it's a bit on the snarky side. Oh well, I am glad that I went and had a good workout. The class afterwards was double step, so I stayed to watch and couldn't get past the warm-up for some reason. The instructed totally did NOT look like an aerobics instructor....she was around #70 overweight! Don't mind me today, ladies, I'm feeling snarky this morning. Probably from getting up so early!!! LOL!!

Traci- Good luck with the upper body blast! Thanks for relaying Debra's message. I am glad that she made it in the house safely and that she's going to get some time with hubby!

Sandra- It took me a LONG time to appreciate avocados! Now I love them!!! Especially in guacamole!!!

Okay, I'm stinky, so off to the shower I go!

ETA- I'm still feeling DOMS from my Bulgarian Split squats and 1 legged DB deadlift on Tuesday!! Then to add all those squats/plie squats/static lunges today! OUCHIE!!!:7 :p

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk10/Day6/Rnd2
Workout: KenpoX

Well I was over at VF looking at a thread regarding the P90X Add-On's. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=104599 So it looks like a total of 5 with an Ab routine also. :) They describe them as "suicide, death on a disc". Ok so I'm going to be first on the suicide list. :7

Went to the garden center last night and picked out some flowers for my pots. :) And I am now officially a garden club member. Hey I like to get plants cheap! Now tonight I will have to put them in the pots. :D Didn't find any good frogs for my garden this year. Most of them are pulling carts or on lily pads. Oh! didn't I tell ya I love frogs.

Amy, I love guacamole also. It took me a while also to like avocados. But then I had guacamole and my tune changed. :9 Bulgarian Split Squats, where did you find a Bulgarian to lift. :7 :7 :7 Just kidding! (While ducking head)

Traci, Thanks for the update on Debra. As far as after P90X, "I don't know" ;( ;( Thinking of changing things up and doing full body like SS Premix #1, then changing to GS. So confused as to what I want to do yet. I still have two weeks to decide. :) Oh and the allergies are just fine today. Just that initial day was the worst.

Jeanette, Yep that is how I would describe what the game was like. They where just hitting it over to get it over. And they had a couple of good players on the team. Sounds like your tile project is moving along pretty good. When do you think you will be putting it on the wall.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Messy

I zapped ½c of refried beans in microwave, added diced onions and peppers, add 1 tbsp of sour cream, and sparkled cheese.

I spread all that on my wheat tortilla, its was good but messy.

Please give recipes using refried bean? Thank you

Add-on

How do you make Guacamole?

Teddygirl~

Hi all,

The graduation was wonderful and we had a nice lunch afterwards. Thanks to everyone who asked. It was rather sad to see him graduate from high school, but new beginnings are ahead and it is an exciting time for him. Luckily for me he is going to community college, so I won’t be an empty nester yet! The speaker was a teacher, which is highly unusual for this particular community of high achievers and people who mostly make six or more figures. He has a daughter with Rhett’s syndrome, so the speech was particularly touching and the message was clear. The neighboring HS, which was in the same venue right after we cleared out, had Hillary Clinton speaking. Glad I missed that one.

I did PS legs yesterday and then magically hips. I missed my run the day before because of bad thunder storms. PS legs was a nice change and I did squat 45 lbs which is the most I’ve squatted yet. No problems today, so that is a good sign.

Today is supposed to be S&H back, bi, and shoulders. I’m not sure if I will; my lats are still a little sore from my pull up marathon. Otherwise I’ll run and do upper tomorrow, plus I’m doing some sort of yoga.

I love avocados, but they are very high in fat, even if it is good fat. You can get them at Costco for about 5 for 5.50. Is that about the same as you all are paying? That is the problem with some of the non-meat protein sources, they are high in fat. I am not a fat eater, so I prefer ground turkey, chicken breasts, and fish. I made some ground turkey/bean burgers last weekend and froze them; carbs and protein all in one. I can just get one out and take it to work with me. They actually are pretty good and the kids even ate them.

After an assessment by younger DS of my arms at rest, he told me that they shouldn’t get any bigger. I guess that’s a good thing.

Traci – What is freestyle upper using door gym cables? You change stuff up so often. Do you have like a book shelf full of workouts? No computer this weekend? Are you taking the bicycle? That might be a good way to ensure that you will be able to get the workouts in. Congratulations on the new workout room. I think that there are certain times of the month that I am likely to undergo a room transformation and the rest of the time I just look past all of the mess. I never seem to get every loose end fixed when I do a room re-do. I’m still dusting and sweeping up pollen from having the windows open.

Amy – I was chuckling as I read your post. I’m like you, what can 3lbs do? I also have a real issue with unfit instructors. I can’t in any way get past it and so if the person is not in reasonably good shape then the dvd is pointless for me. 70lbs overweight would be out of the question. It’s like a conundrum.

Sandra – You did push/pull ups! Doesn’t it feel good? Those exercises are so effective in so many ways, yet I think that they are really over looked by many. I guess maybe because they are hard. My core is so tight after a body weight workout. Have you tried the Shiva Fluid yoga yet? I so wish someone would so I could see what others think. Maybe you need to up the weights for B&G?

Jeanette – S&H biceps is so boring. I’ve modified it to 3 exercises, regular curls, hammer curls, and concentration curls. As produced it seems a little repetitive. I get my kids to work on my bike, but I’ll ask you. Do you periodically change your road bike tires or just wait until they pop or obviously are loosing air. I felt like when I finished my last ride that they had a lot less pressure in them, but I didn’t put a gauge on them.

Teddygirl – You cannot build hard tight muscles unless you consume adequate amounts of protein. I found that out from the x. I’m still as strong now, but maybe not quite as hard because of the lack of consistent protein intake.

Cheryl – I haven’t done RS in ages. I used I so much when I first got it that it’s not as effective as before. I wish Cathe would come out with a new one! B&G as produced or a premix? I’m forcing myself to do some of the dvds as produced since I’ve been doing my own thing for a while. Cathe does put together very effective workouts; more effective than I can construct and I think more balanced.

Wendy – No coffee yesterday? I never run out of coffee for myself and tea for DH. I’m like you when I focus on what I’m eating or not eating or can or can’t have then it is a complete disaster. I try really to never consciously think about it. I play a veritable mind game with myself. FIL is doing OK, but his bladder has been bleeding for the last 2 months from collateral damage of radiation done years ago for prostrate cancer. He has a catheter and may have to wear it for the rest of his life. The bleeding is causing anemia which is not good.

Laurie – How tall are you? I always pictured you as shorter, but to play volleyball you must be taller than I envisioned. I was never a team sports player, but it does look like fun.

Well back to work. I needed a break from the constancy of the job. There is always an issue. I should have been a counselor.

Tracy

Upper Body just a bit toasty from Upper Blast …. Good timing too as DH decided to go out to eat tonight in honor of my afternoon hair cut & style today! {It REALLY is the only day I wear it out of ponytail in summer.} This way I can wear a tank proudly!

TeddyGirl:
Refried beans are FABULOUS mixed with scrambled eggs or just whites & salsa. I also like Taco Bell green chile salsa to throw that in there- you can add cheese- I cant because I’m not nearly as skinny as my gal! You can also make a Taco Salad with it. Those are some pretty impressive weights you’re using lady! BTW- you said you’d be back with MAN news yesterday and you NEVER DID! I need to know!!!

Tracy X:
Hope your celebration was wonderful last night.

Sandra X
Your add on circuit with Cardio Kicks sounds DEVILISH! I know you were feeling that burn! Nice MishMosh.. LOL on “mean” message… NOT AT ALL! My feelings of OH NO were entirely a ttom reaction…. If it happens this week I’ll just send you a THUMP! On Squeeze and ball…. I have always grabbed my 8# med ball too but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be effective with a lighter one. I actually wish I had a 5# one as her abs are hard for me. I think the type she uses is 1 or 2#s … but we're Xers right? My Upper Bonanza only took 62 minutes …. I started with a quick warmup … Did 1 exercise for each body part with doorgym then did 1 round of each exercise in PP & SS. I so like one part per day better & even splits (attention span & burn) but I needed to start back to HARD cycle work today but also keep in mind my Sat & Sun at bay… hence the decision to do Upper & Lower days. I really need to get much more into full body as that’s what my “clients” will probably be doing (if I ever get any clients!) … I just don’t like lifting for an hour and still not feeling as worked –I prefer 30 minutes of 1 part a day. Didn’t realize that TSaver had premisxes – I keep that one at bay but may need to bring it back to try that! Thanks…

Amy
ROF on “snarky” YES YOU ARE!!!! My goodness woman- Snarky- cant find that one in Webster…. Is it listed under hormones? Sleep Deprivation? DH? *ROFL* CONGRATS on the poundage in your class! I bet you were the center of attention! I’ve never taken a BC class before but I bet it would keep me from “fudging” when I get tired.

Cheryl
Happy BOOTY day!! Does B*G leave you feeling sore the day after?

Laurie X
So happy your allergies are back under control- You just have way too much going on in life to not feel good! LOL on Garden Club Member! Actually I think that’s pretty cool! Ya know I love my gardening. I need an acre to just piddle in – someday at the bay- we have a lot of space there. Thanks so much for the VF link! I am pushing & nudging you to be first in line… Anything from Tony is awesome but a “Suicide Series” is absolutely the best news ever!

Jeanette X
Well I fixed my bike…. I am too embarrassed to tell you what it was. I am a schmuck sometimes! I’m in awe of you having patience to actually learn new choreography… I am so impatient- I think you’re having a Chrsti Love Fest!

Wendy
Hope your day is going well!

Nicole
Cant wait to hear about vacation and recovery week!

Have a good day ladies!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Teddygirl: Here's the Guacamole recipe I always use. It goes great with New York brand garlic pita chips and toasted garlic bagels, or any organic Greek seasoned pita chips.

4 ripe Haas Avocados (California brand) diced
3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
6-8 dashes hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup finely diced red onions
1-2 large garlic cloves minced super fine
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 medium tomato (seeded and diced)

To dice the avocados, I first slice through the entire avocado lengthwise around the seed. Then I grasp both sides and twist the avocado apart. I pop out the pit and peel off the skin. Now I'm able to dice the avocado flesh. Try not to mush the flesh as the guacamole tastes better diced into solid little chunks.

After dicing each avocado, squeeze and mix some of the recipe's lemon juice over it so it doesn't discolor.

For the tomato, I like to use beef steak tomatoes or any kind that isn't too juicy. I quarter the tomato before scooping out all the tiny seeds. Then I rinse the quarters in water, squeeze softly and dice.

Jeanette-X: I'll post the links soon! They're stored on my favorites list on AOL. I'm on IE right now.

BBS for more personals!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

ETA: I use Kosher salt instead of tablesalt for this recipe. You can use any brand of avocados. I find the ones from California have a better taste.

Jeanette-X: Here are a couple of tile links.
The first one has a forum where professionals will answer your tiling questions. Just scroll down the page to find a link to the forums on his site.
http://www.johnbridge.com/

If you look at the top of the forums page on John Bridge's site, there are nifty tools. One allows you to calculate the amount of deflection your floors have. The maximum allowable deflection for any ceramic tile floor is what is known as: L/360. This means that your tiled floor span can only deflect (under a 300 pound point load) one three hundred-sixtieth of the length of the span. In the case of all natural stone tiles the allowable deflection is half of that of ceramic: L/720.

This one has pictures, articles and a forum where professionals also frequent.
http://www.thefloorpro.com/

On this same site, there are pictures of fireplace surrounds. Here's a link directly to the post:
http://www.thefloorpro.com/communit...ourself-ceramic-tile-fireplace-surrounds.html

These are probably the only two of the tile links that I think you would find useful. I didn't bookmark many tile surrounds for woodstoves during my past searches. Sorry!

BBL for more personals. Gotta push play for S&A!
Wendy

Tracy X:
So happy you enjoyed the graduation festivities… I can only imagine what those milestones are like for a parent. WOW on the PS squats! Are you just going heavy once in awhile on the legs or are you trying to work up to that consistently? On the Freestyle & Door Gym) I am using a book called BodyFlex BodyMagic that has a lot of cable work plus some weighted exercises that are a bit different than my strength DVDs so I am incorporating those… Just hitting muscles in a new way to jeep them guessing. The ones I did today are: One Arm Cable Bent Laterals, One Arm Cable Curls, Reverse Grip Pulley Pushdowns, Seated One Arm Pulley Rows, Incline DB Bench Press, & Decline DB Bench Press. For tomorrows legs I’ll add on Rear Cable Kicks, Cable Adductor Lifts, Cable Abductor Cable Lifts, Lying Ham Curls, Seated Calf Toe Raises with Weights (3 angles) and all hit my community gym to do Leg Extensions. + P90X Legs

Wendy
Your Guac recipe looks heavenly- I’d eat those things every day if I could. Hope PLAY got pushed!

Can someone say swamped}( }(Last minute hit with one weekly reports and 4 specials argh...wont be leaving here for about another 30 or 40 minutes ARGH...

TracieX: since you need to no, that's is so cute of you. Man talk tomorrow:) :)

Good night everyone:)

S&A is DONE! My left bicep still holds me back from increasing my reps or weights very much. I did up my weights for a few of the moves! Glad to see some progress. Too hungry to continue working out. I still need to do ARX. I'll try my best to get to it before bed.

Traci-X: Today, dd's art teacher told me he'd have to send out a missing person's report if I continued to lose weight. What does he know? He's only seen me with street clothes on! LOL Yes, I'm eating!!! You'd die or kill me and accuse me of sabotage if I told you just what all I've been eating. However, I was a good girl for lunch, and had lentil soup. I don't know what's going on. I think the extra recovery week of painting really helped lean me out for Phase 3. I think that's why I was considering another week of Phase 3. I'm a bit nervous of what to do post-X. I really like having my rotations all laid out for me since I really don't like to push play for ANY workout! :7 Hearing you talk about Squeeze is enabling me to buy it and try it post X. Yes, I'm always complaining about BB's online ordering set-up. I HATE how they don't give you the complete cost until AFTER you push buy. I also HATE how they have you go through a ton of promotional pages (total cost not fully advertised) before you get to the confirmation page. That's how I accidentally ordered their push-up bar, bands and recovery drink. I didn't realize that once you click buy me, you automatically bought it. I thought it would at least take you to a page to show you how much the total cost including shipping would be to buy it. Lesson learned. I'll now call my orders in to their customer service. But, from what I've heard, it's only slightly better than ordering from them online. I know. I sound bitter and resentful. :7

Oh! Look who just walked in the door! Phil with a fresh cup of DDcoffee for me!:) :) :) I LOVE my husband!!!!

Traci-X: I'm still not finished with you. ;-) Thanks for the Debra-X update. I miss her too!!! Have a great time on your date night with a fresh hairstyle!

Teddygirl: More power to you for tonight's lower body workout! :) You're on your own for refried bean recipes. I believe I have a chicken and avocado recipe somewhere in my house. It's hard to find anything kitchen related. At the moment, most of my kitchen belongings are stored in heavy duty garbage bags, plastic boxes and scattered over tables.

Jeanette-X: I only have Jari's S&L. Before the X, I thought about getting the Slim Series. How's it like? Maybe, I could do it post-X? So many workouts, rotations, decisions. It's too much freedom for a lazy soon to be Xer! ;-) Good luck with your tiling project. I'm making Phil tear out the countertop's underlayment he installed last weekend (3/4" high density board, Acrylpro mastic, and nailed in 1/2" hardiback board) and put down the correct materials: 3/4" high grade plywood, Lacicrete modified thinset, and screwed in 1/2 Hardiback board. }( I don't need my granite tiles popping off in a couple of years due to humidity, steam, or water from the sink area swelling the MDF board. I'm also making him install the floor tiles before the island countertop tiles. I don't want my island countertops moving around while he repositions the island legs over the flooring.

Cheryl: It would be nice to have a mirror to check form. Thankfully, I usually have Phil around to check my form for me. LOL about fighting over the X-box to do your workouts. That's exactly what I use. Fortunately, the kids don't complain since they can hop on the computer or go to my room and watch my tv. As long as they don't eat in my bed, I can live with that too! ;-)

Sandra-X: LOL, I think India just about has 5 different languages too! I'll mention it to the owner the next time I see him.:7 My lats are still sore from C&B! Everyone in the house is getting mighty tired of me asking for massages. I think I'll train Baby to walk on my arms and chest!:7 She's got the perfect weight and paw size for the job! If she does a good job, she has full liberty to ruin a cell phone once a year! :+ I must have a high tolerance to boring workouts. Maybe it's due to my displeasure of working out period. Pish-posh on being healthier.}( Now that my true love, stepping, hurts my knees, I'm all about the vanity that comes with my version of results!:+ :7 So, to answer your question, I'm doing fine with ??days of Tony's same ole, same old workouts. As long as I push play, I'm fine with whatever's in the X-box. I can't wait for the new X workouts to add to my X collection!

Amy: I love your snarkiness. My ex used to call me the Diplomat. I envy Cheryl for being in PR. I would fail miserably at having to exercise civility when tired, hormonal, and/or hungry.:7 The public better watch out if the two of us get together in rare form! I can't even begin to imagine the enabling we'd do for one another! }( LOL on the 3 pounders. Back in the day (January of this year!), I used to use them too! LOLOLOL Now, I look at them curiously and try to recall what the heck was I thinking and on which moves did I use them!!! :7 Hopefully, you'll inspire the ladies at your gym to up their weights to at least 5#s! I used to think I was above considering an instructor's physique as an indicator of a workout. Granted there's a difference between unfit and what one's body shape looks like. They all can't look like Cathe! :-( It's funny, even though I've heard differently at VF, I think Cedie has the best body in the newer videos! However, I catch myself with a critical eye ALL the time, especially during my X rotation. Before I even realize what I'm doing, I ask myself, "Do I REALLY want to look like her?" Honestly, I think it's my way of talking myself out of giving it my all.

Green Thumb Laurie-X: If you really like plants cheap, you can always start flowers from seeds. It's really easy! Some of my best flowers were started from year old expired, 10 cent seeds on my window sill. Glad to hear your allergies are better now. Last night was the worse it's been for me in awhile. Hoping tonight will be better.

Tracy-X: I'm sorry to hear about your FIL's condition. I can't envision how needing a catheter for the rest of one's life would be like. I guess he could look at the positive and consider it a small price to pay for overcoming cancer. I hope his iron rises back up to a healthier level now. LOLOLOL on missing Hillary Clinton!!! No offense intended towards any fans of hers. Glad your son's speaker had a memorable speech! Oh good! You're not an empty nester yet. I can't even imagine my life without any children pestering me. ;-) Really, I do hope to be surrounded by grandchildren by the time my twins leave the nest. Enjoy your run and yoga. I was thinking of adding on some yoga tonight. But, I think tomorrow's workout calls for Yoga-X. I may do a little X-Stretch before I do ARX. My legs are still sore from my barre leg add-on. I'm a mess! :7 LOOK at you! Veritable! My, my, I may just have to get out my thesaurus soon! LOL Whenever I hear that word, the song Templeton sings on Charlotte's Web comes to my mind. You'll have to excuse me while I break out into song. ~~The faire is a veritable smorgasbord, orgasboard, moregasboard... after the crowds have left. Each night when the lights go out, it can be found, all around... Oh! what a love-ly feast. Bum!Bum!Bum!~~

Well, I think I'm done yakking for the moment! I might come back after I finish ARX for more personal time. :)

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

ETA another Bum! note to my singing. :)

Man talk tomorrow??? Can't wait!

I did B&G as written - full thing, and with 8 lb weights instead of 5's }( }( }(

Sandra, no, I never noticed the left hamstring gets an extra 8 pulses. Now I'll be walking lopsided. NOOO!!!! :7 :7 :+

Okay, now back to work... x(

Cheryl

Good Evening my Fellow Xers, Wanna Be Xers, Soon to be XXers and Happily Doing Whatever Works! :)

I never told y'all that last Thursday, a week ago, Phil and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. Well, we actually didn't celebrate. Nor did either of us remember. Well, Phil noticed the date when he went to the bank that afternoon to deposit his paycheck. He promptly called me and reminded me. Normally, he buys me flowers and I make one of his favorite meals for dinner. Well, I didn't have anywhere to put flowers or a kitchen to cook dinner. And, he has a ton of work to do. We agreed to hold off celebrating our anniversary. Instead he came home and worked on the kitchen till 11:00, picked up hoagies at WaWa, and we ate on the makeshift countertop. Romantic, eh?:7

Sooooo, when I saw Celtic Women were going to be performing at the Mann Outdoor Music Center, I thought it would be a perfect venue to celebrate our anniversary. I purchased a couple of lawn tickets since we normally enjoy lounging around and drinking while listening to the Philly Orchestra. However, I just discovered that there are different rules for concert performances other than the Philadelphia Orchestra!!!

We can still bring our lawn chairs, coolers, umbrellas, blankets, and food. But, we can't bring any cans or glass containers. We're only allowed factory sealed plastic bottles. GASP! No wine, no Mike's Hard Lemonaide, no alcohol!!!!!:eek: x( Poor Phil. It's his highlight of the evening!:7

Should I attempt to smuggle in the goods? This would be our first time going to concert at the Mann other than the Philadelphia Orchestra. I'm not sure how anal they are about checking personal belongings. Would it be best to hide it in a large Vera Bradley backpack type purse? Or should I buy a plastic bottle, dump out the contents and fill it up with Phil's favorite? Any non-law abiding enablers have a good suggestion?

Off I go to push play. I HATE ARX.

Sweet dreams!
Wendy

ETA: They don't come out and say you can't bring alcohol. I just don't know of any that comes in a factory sealed plastic bottle! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.