Xer's........*****SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY******

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good morning, crew. I fell asleep around midnight and slept until just after 4 (after sleeping ALL day as well). I may snooze a bit more, but not much. Today is the day I quit procrastinating and finish what my neighbor started....mowing the lawnx( . It's just one of those chores that I LOVED to let DH do, but it's fallen to me now that he's not able tox( .

Jeanette- That jersey it cool! Oh, and thanks for the link to the new X workouts....I looked everywhere on VF but couldn't find anything on them! Heck, I can't even find any information on the BB.com message boards, either....it's just too cluttered there! Have fun on your ride today!

Oh, yeah, almost forgot....
Classic/ Phase 1/ Week 3/ Day 4- YogaX

I didn't realize until I was almost done that last night was the last for Shoulders/Arm for 6 weeks! I like that workout, but I have a feeling that I will like Chest/Shoulders/Triceps just as much! It never fails to amuse me just how much Tony drools over Dreya, though!

Later!

Hi everyone,

Today is ME upper body only, abs, 30 minutes on the bike, and magically hips. I'm trying to change the order of my workouts, so I'm doing light upper body today because I won't get back to upper body until Wed.

I bought Tracey's core conditioning and sweatfest sculp. It was 29.99 for the two which was a good deal. I was tempted to buy some more, but since I'm not doing a lot of impact, I decided I'd try these and see if I like her style. The freight was reasonable.

Jeanette - I'm going to check out that link for the jersey. I need a sleeveless jersey. I'm just so cheap. I feel like some of that biking gear is so over priced. I'll probably end up getting some cheap non-descript thing. I know what you mean about the matronly women. I guess it is all in peoples' personalities. I hope you have a good ride today.

Sandra - Yep, DH commented again last night on how much muscle I have in my upper body. I have been working it hard because of minimal lower body work. The funny thing is, I'm not lifting that heavy, but doing a lot of push ups/ pull ups. I'm thinking about incorporating more body weight exercises into my lower body routine; I'm not happy with how my legs are looking, but DH says they look the same. Maybe I have that perpetual bad body image thing going.

Amy - I've done magically hips MANY times and I've never seen the underwear. I guess I'm not coordinated enough to look at the screen and pose myself at the same time. I would love the cinnamon rolls. I'm a carb dough eater at heart. I really have to watch that.

Wendy - I found chest/sh/tri to be hard. Just when you think there isn't another way to do a pushup, there is! It did grow on me and it's a great core workout. Enjoy YogaX today.

BBl,

Tracy

Good Morning Ladies,

It turned out to be a beautiful, perfect climate day for the zoo. It didn't rain until I got in my car for the ride home. Of course that meant I didn't need to buy a rain coat or 4 more umbrellas. Or wear knee length heeled boots because AOL LIED and said the high for the day was 54 when it was actually 68!!! I got a good cardio/resistance workout with all the walking and toting our belongings. The main thing was the kids had a great time!

I went straight for my bed when I got home and slept till almost 9. Woke up, ate a little, showered, worked out to BB and ARX, and went back to sleep. Last night was a blur. I don't remember much except that it my biceps felt the burn!

Tracy-X: You're right! How many ways can you get to the center of a push-up?!? So, you're getting Tracey's workouts too! If I remember correctly, doesn't the core conditioning one use a Bosu? Do you have one of those or are you planning on modifying it? Let me know if you are, I'm not interested in buying a Bosu. I don't have another IE window open with yesterday's post. So, I apologize if I'm remembering wrong. Was it your dh who said that your upper body reminds him of a boys? OUCH! Hit him for me!!!! When I think of of a boy's upper body, I think sculpted and chisled arms... just the look I want to achieve. What? Does he think women should look soft and jellowy? Hit him again if he does! LOL

Amy: YES! No more having to watch Tony drool over Dreya for the next month. LOL Even though Dreya's in CS, Tony restrains himself and focuses on Pam the Blam's power/flexibility. And, you get to watch the 40 minute mark! }(

Sandra-X: I'm glad to hear that you made it safely. Couldn't swindle any Carrot cake? Enjoy some today. YUM!!!

Well, I'm off to get ready for church. We're leaving directly afterwards to go to the Curtis Institute for Music in Philly for a harp recital with dd's harp teacher and her family. Probably won't be back until after I finsih *gulp* Yoga-X.

I'll be back late tonight to catch up on yesterday's personals and those that follow. Have a great day ladies!!!

Wendy

Good morning!

I woke up early this morning and did KPC. I used the mix 'n match feature to do:
warm up;
combo 1;
intermediate drills;
combo 2;
high intensity drills;
combo 3;
abs;
stretch

This was fun. Very fun.

JeanetteX - The jersey is really, really neat. DH thinks so, too. That is, indeed, a famous photo, and for good reason. I forgot to congratulate you on your 1st place finish on your hill climb!!!! You are amazing!! Did you feel the spirit of the Xers pushing you up? Interesting comment Traci Morrow let slip during the BB discussion. I wonder what Tony has cooking. Matronly is such a good word to describe how a lot of women begin to look as they age. I hope I avoid that, too.

Amy - What a nice bonus for you yesterday! A night off! I noticed the thong underwear when I did Magically Hips last week, but since I don't look at the screen very often, it didn't bother me. I think it's supposed to be a fashion statement. I didn't get a bite of that carrot cake yesterday, but it will be on the table in about 3 hours, so I'll have an extra big piece for you, too. :9 Have fun with those one-arm push ups in CST }(

TracyX - I'm not surprised that the push/pull ups are giving you such great upper body definition. When I watch my DD's gymnastics classes, all of the older girls have amazing muscle definition, and it's all from body weight exercises. There isn't a dumbell or barbell in the place. They look terrific. I put a suggestion in Cathe's "Suggestion Forum" a while back to develop a workout that is based on her gymnastics background and uses primarily body weight for resistance. I think it would complement her boxing series really well.

Wendy - LOL! So you took a break from your sleeping to do your workout? Now that's dedication! BB is a terrific, terrific workout. I believe it that you were feeling your biceps! My forearms always come close to exploding in that one. I call it the Popeye Workout. So the zoo was good, was it? That's nice to hear.

Well, got to run and get the kids dressed. I'm waiting until the last minute, so their still clean when we get out the door.

Cheers,
SandraX

Hi Group,

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 2/ Day 7/ Round 1

Today is a recovery day for me. I never workout on Sundays because I can barely get my butt out of the house on time for church as it is. I'm glad I don't have little girls, all that hair styling:)

SandraX- I love KPC. I think that;s the only bummer about the P90X program, no Cathe. I think it will be good though because it will make me enjoy her even more when I'm done.

Jeanette- Hope the bike ride went well today.

Wendy- My your busy! Way to fit your workouts in at all hours of the day. You have a lot of determination.

Tracy- What is magically hips? Also, you'll have to let me know what you think of Tracey's workouts.

See you all on tomorrow,

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

YogaX- Check
yard mowed- check
Yard bagged- NOT check!
weeding- check
shower- check
chill out- check!

Nicole- I'm not Tracy, but I can tell you that Magically Hips is a yoga workout on the Power Yoga for Happiness DVD by Eoin Finn. He's an interesting character, but the workouts are awesome!!!

>YogaX- Check
>yard mowed- check
>Yard bagged- NOT check!
>weeding- check
>shower- check
>chill out- check!
>
>Nicole- I'm not Tracy, but I can tell you that Magically Hips
>is a yoga workout on the Power Yoga for Happiness DVD by Eoin
>Finn. He's an interesting character, but the workouts are
>awesome!!!

Thanks for letting me know Amy! I always get such a kick out of your check-ins. It's sounds like your a busy girl:)

Nicole

Afternoon ladies,

Today was a bike ride with some substantial hills. We did 50 miles and lots of climbing. Needed it and feel fine for the ride next week. So much of hill climbing and longer rides is mental but know I will be okay. Looks like the weather will be good. I've done most of the course before and it's very scenic.

Amy, glad you got the lawn mowing in. I finally balanced my checkbook the other day, something I really, really needed to do. Feels good to have it done, like the lawn mowing, huh? CST is one I liked. Hope you do too. Don't think Dreya is in CST.

Tracy, I have Core Conditioning and like it (what I've done of it). Is Sweatfest the one that Traci doesn't like and gave the thumbs down to? You're right, the biking gear is overpriced, so is fly fishing stuff. My son fly fishes and you wouldn't believe the price of fly rods. I haven't bought any new jerseys in a couple years I think, so I'm splurging on this new one. Love it, can't wait to get it.

Wendy, life has been a blur for you lately. I so admire that you are still keeping up with your workouts even though you've got a lot on your plate. You are the woman!!! Hope you enjoyed the harp recital and YogaX too. Glad the zoo time was good for you.

Sandra, you were a busy girl with the remote and KPC today. Glad it was a fun workout for you. Have you received any comments from family on your new muscles? I think the only comment I got during the X was from 2 people that said I looked thin (and not in a good way). Not exactly what I was going for. I think the jersey is really pretty and am anxious to get it. Like the one of the Alps in the background too.
I think some of the matronly look comes from poor posture so I try to work on that a lot.

Nicole, hope you are really enjoying your recovery day. You'll come back raring to go I'm sure. My bike ride was good today. Went with 3 other fellas. Cathe is really a class act for sure. I'm enjoying her workouts now. She really sounds so genuine.

Got to go,

Jeanette

Good Evening Ladies,

I didn't think I worked hard last night, but I have DOMS in my biceps and back!!! Yoga-X is still incomplete at this time. Will try to do before bed.

Didn't get home till after 7:00. DD had an adventure today! We took the train into center city Philly for the first time. She liked reading the schedules and telling us which stop was next. I didn't miss paying for parking or fighting traffic. I think we'll do Philly trips more often now. :) OHHH! And the Dunkin Doughnuts at the Suburban stop was open!!!! :9 After the graduation recital, she got her picture taken with Sonja Wangensteen (adorable graduate!) and met Elizabeth Hainen (Principal harpist with Philadelphia Orchestra) and Judy Loman (Principal harpist with the Toronto Symphony). They were all just as sweet as they are talented! When we got home, she proudly showed her daddy their autographs. :)

Jeanette-X: Hmmm, I think hill climbing and long rides would be more than just mental for me! Then again, I'm not conditioned like you! Just walking around the zoo gave my legs DOMS. ;-) I really did NOT want to workout last night. But, the alternative of working out alone sounded worse.

Nicole: Nah! Fixing little girls' hair isn't all that time consuming. If we're running late, we do ponytails in the car. I even taught oldest dd how to put her sisters' hair up in a crunch. Hope you enjoyed your rest day. I'm sure looking forward to mine!

Sandra-X: Now, you're the determined one who's working out during vacation! I like the premix you did. I've only done KPC as taped. The drills kill me before I can get to the combos. Must try this premix post-X. Love your BB nickname! I think I'll steal it too and from now on refer to it as the Popeye Workout! Love your mind!!!

Well, I gotta go. We're having a LATE dinner tonight on account to the day's activities. Phil finished most of the kitchen's drywall this afternoon and cooked dinner. Yeah! He's a keeper!!! I'll try to get back on later for more personals. I still haven't caught up on personals since Friday. I've read them, just haven't commented on them yet. ;-)

Enjoy your evening!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.