Xers - "Pinch Me! Is it Really Friday?"

teddy16410

Cathlete
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Moderate Weights Day (day 26)

Firm It Up (Slim Series Lower Body-(One of the best Lower body’s for me)

No cardio unless I get bored after DH goes to bay and then that could be my hot Friday Night!
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Man this time in my cycle always bring WACK-O vivid dreams and wide awake by 130am patterns! That’s why I think my “danger zone” is not exact with cycle day 1….. Next month I think I’ll start my 5 days of Red Zone Training about day 25… Yesterday was it for me with lifting- My body is just too sore today and I could hardly move yesterday – this is with using moderate weights. Next week I’ll do the Slim Series Express (30-35 min) and be lifting really lite wts– theres also a core cardio in there which I need as I’ve neglected abs again.

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sandra X
Looks like you’d have a lot of new customers for your Seitan should you embark on the new business! I say set a date!

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jeanette X
Glad you’ll be around at least part of the weekend! Cant wait to hear what you end up getting for the wedding… Riding uphill at 4MPH ? Makes me picture the dreaded thought of not being able to pedal because of a leg cramp and rolling back down hill! Has that ever happened to you?

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Wendy
Holding positive “relax” vibes for your world today! What’s our X Workout today? How many days and minutes do we have to be an X?
Its CLOSE WOMAN!!!!!!!!

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nicole
Safe travels & have a total blast on vacation!

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Amy
HOORAY on the MRI!!!! You must be relieved! Just make sure you are cross training enough- I KNOW you KNOW this but now we’re all watching! No step 2 days in a row…. Careful on those squats etc….

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Cheryl
Glad you didn’t push your body yesterday….. OBVIOUSLY it needs rest so listen! Hopefully you’ll be rested for a nice long run this weekend and of course the family dinner! What’s on the menu this week? I always eat vicariously thru your Sunday Menus!

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Laurie X
Have a fun filled weekend! Holding good thoughts that you get down time from your terribly active summer schedule!

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tracy X
Sometimes I can feel your end of day fatigue! I so wish the extra load could somehow be lifted… doing 2 jobs such as you are cannot b easy – add in a family & personal time onto that and it makes for the “something’s gotta give” day. Just take care- you still are working out every single day… Isnt it great when you pop in one of those w/o’s that used to be KILLER and now its apparent you are so much stronger? Great job!

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Debra X
You’re in my thoughts today….. Happy & Stress Free Move Day!!!

:7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TeddyGirl
Happy Friday to you and your sister! I hope you get t o spend LOTS of time together this weekend!

Busy day out of house for me gang so I’ll be back after I get DH and boys loaded up this afternoon….:7 Make it a great day!
:7

RE: Xers -

TraciX - Your post looks lonely this morning, so I'll give it a friend. Just a short one, though, 'cause I have to get started on my workout. You have the Squeeze workout, don't you? Would you use that one as a total body light weight toner? A substitute for a workout like Muscle Endurance? I'm not sure when mine will arrive, but I'm just wondering where to put it in a rotation.

JeanetteX - Great progress, yet again, on your hill climb last night. How are your legs feeling today? Do these things burn them out for a day or two? I used to have a link bookmarked for a very informative web page on Reynaud's Phenomenon (also called Reynaud's Syndrome), but I deleted it only last week. If I get a chance, I'll see if I can find it again.

TracyX - So glad to see your post yesterday. I hope things settle down a bit for you today.

Cheryl - Yay, so happy to read that someone else has at least tried seitan. I'll send you your first order for free.

Question of the Day: Do you have a birthmark?

I like the answers to y-day's QotD. I think I'd pick Italy or France, too. The whole Mediterranian area is a place I'd like to explore some day.

Well, I'm going to go hit the basement. I'll bbl to chat more. Today's rotation calls for Leaner Legs. Since I hate the LL abs (booooooooring), I did CoreMax3 yesterday, and today I'll skip the ab work and do the PLB stability ball floorwork. I'm also thinking I'll tack on a small session of push/chin/pull ups. The upper body work in this rotation is fairly sparse, IMO.

Have a great day!
SandraX

Well I was starting to think it was a posting holiday! Thanks for coming to my tea party Sandra X!

RE: Squeeze- I prefer to use it as an Upper / Lower add on
The Ab work is very challenging (for me) so thats a great ab day or add on for you since you have Tony abs:D
I'll actually be using it ^^ way starting this weekend thru Wednesday next week. I would not compare it at all to ME only because its more about the squeeze/ isometrics than it is about the weights... I have to drop my 3's before we're done with each part...
On the Lower- Its more like a fabulous floor + Yoga Poses with pulses - than strength as we know it- You'll probably LOVE that.

QOD: Birthmark-
outer left leg just above knee... when I'm not suntanned it is very noticeable... about 5" long and 1' wide but a funky oblong shape- Dont know who I inherited that from! Not one person in my immediate family has any at all... I do believe I belong to the milk man! :7

Your workout sounds exciting! I so love mix n match - makes workouts just fly by! ENJOY!!!

Hi all,

I have a few minutes before I go into back to back meetings for the next four hours. Ughh..... Who schedules this kind of stuff on a Friday?

The guy came again yesterday and fixed the AC, for me only to find out that when I got home it was not working AGAIN! I wanted to stop payment on the check, but DH is much nicer than I. I called and left a nasty message last night. It is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far.

S& H was OK yesterday. I've decided that I'll do 3 exercises per body part and that is it.

I'm not sure what I'll do today besides the yoga. I have a run planned, but if it gets as hot as it is supposed to, I may have to stay in. I was sort of thinking LIC in it's entirety.

No birthmark.

I think that all of the yoga is like squeeze. The 27 minute standing flow on Shiva fluid yoga is very isometric oriented with out all of the boring repetitions. I've had several people comment on how I look like I've lost weight. Inches maybe, but I doubt much weight. Then I'll never really know because I don't do the scale. It has to be the yoga. My workouts have been mostly of medium intensity.

Traci - The sleep is alluding you again? What happened to the whole hormone biochemical thing? That didn't last?

Sandra - You are on a buying spree aren't you. It's so exciting.

Jeanette - Congratulations on the successful hill climb. It sounds like your biking season is going really well.

Hi to everyone else and I'll bbl,

Tracy

Tracy X- I feel for you and the Friday meetings! I had a boss once that told me he planned Fridays that way so people wouldnt call in sick and/or try to skip out early! NICE!!!x(

No birthmarks at all eh? Where do they come from I wonder? But not enough to look it up! :p

I cannot believe this air conditioning situation! Its almost criminal to not have it fixed in the heat! Cant stick your head in the freezer either or that'll go out again!!!

The Bio hormones have actually changed my life since we have gotten everything at the correct levels- its trial & error and I feel blessed that each month everything has improved.... Part of the sleep situation is related to my "normal" sleep patterns.... My body normally wakes up between 3:30 & 4:30am so waking up at 1:30 -2:30 isnt really that much difference for a few nights... Doc said we could mess with dosages but risk throwing something else out of balance so I'm passing on that option for now... Also a BIG factor is my waking up to go to bathroom.... I drink so much water in the summer because of heat/humidity/workouts etc... that I wake up at least 2x per night every night..... If DH is snoring when I wake up after 1am then I'm unfortunately awake for the duration. A lot more info than you required I'm sure! ;)

Hope you dont fall asleep in all the meetings! Fingers crossed that air is fixed TODAY!

Good Morning, Campers!!!

I am just up and about for a few minutes to see what's going on, then it's back to bed for me! LOL that I went to bed about 3 this morning, AFTER Traci was already up and at 'em!!!

The guy that MIL is paying to mow will be here about 0830 this morning, so I rolled the hoses up last night. I am interesting in seeing how good of a job he does! That, and I am glad that I'm not mowing!!! Our yard is HUGE!!!

Tracy- I hope that the AC gets fixed!!! Yes, like Traci said, it's criminal not to have AC this time of year when it's so hot! Why can't people just do the job they get paid for !!!x( x( x( I would have stopped payment on the check as well!!! I am sorry about the Friday meetings!

Traci- It's about time you slowed down!!! I can't believe you, woman! With all your weight work lately, it's no wonder you can hardly move!!! No, cross-training is definitely in my vocabulary!!! I have even lowered my step to just the riser these days to take it easy on the knees!

Jeanette- I am glad that you improved your time. I can't imagine how slow the 4 mph must have felt with going that steep! Yes, my left knee was bothering me last December, but ice/anti-inflammatories/brace helped immensely, my right knee has not ever hurt, but the clicking is super loud and freaky!

Yesterday's QOD- I have wanted to go to Italy all my life.
Today's QOD- I wouldn't really say it's a birthmark, but a patch of skin on my outer, lower, right thigh that's just a shade or 2 darker than my regular skin tone. In fact, I could hardly find it to tell you about it, because, like Traci, it's barely noticable when I have some tan on my legs. That, and TONS of freckles! I used to play connect-the-dots on my arms when I was bored in school as a kid!!!

Happy Friday,

Yeah!! I’m only working a half day today, I truly forgot about it, untill my co worker mentioned it. My boss gives each of us 4 ½ day during the summer.

Last night, I did KPC & abs. This morning, Imax 2 and MIS legs, feeling good, back to me ole self (I pray) Sis is during fine I’m going over her house when I leave work today.

TracieX: yes I have about 6 or 7 new workout DVD’s that I haven’t done yet, sick I know. And tons of older ones I haven’t done in years, duh! Thank you.

Lots to do I’ll check in later, if I have the time if not have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Teddygirl~

Good morning,
Today was GS Shoulders, a good burner with the band especially, then did Gilad's Quick Fit Abs, and then learned a couple combos from Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step. Her step is so much fun! Keeps my mind busy all the time. Of course the intensity is not Cathe's, especially while learning the combos without risers, but doesn't bother me, I got plenty of intensity with the hill climb last night. Mentally, I think I enjoy just picking whatever I want to do, instead of following a set rotation. I'm such a rebel! I've enjoyed my workouts so much lately.

QOD, I have a light colored area on the front of my shin near my ankle, also a small darker colored BM high on the back of my thigh. Neither one are noticable at all.

Traci, that Firm It Up is one good effective lower body workout that really does work for me. Yep, 4mph is very slow. Better to go slow than have to stop, unclip from the pedals, rest and then try to get going again on that steep hill. I know the road and how long the hill goes on for so mentally I just tough it out. I sometimes sing songs in my mind in the rhythm of my pedaling (very slow). You can see the top of the hill so you just tough it out. Used to be that this hill would make my knees sore for a couple of days and wipe me out. Not any more. Very pleased about that. I kept up with my friend's DH and he commented on my climbing strength. I have had leg cramps before when totally fatigued, but not on a hill like that. I don't think you would roll back. You'd just unclip and put your feet down on the ground.

Sandra, my legs feel awesome today, no fatigue or soreness. I'm pleased. Used to be that this particular hill would burn them out for a few days. I can't even tell this morning that I did that climb. The climb is so steep that there is oil on the road from the cars laboring up it. I can't vouch for the %, but I hear it's something like 17% for the steepest section. It has very little traffic, thank goodness, as it's not a pretty sight for me when I'm on that tough section. I'd be very interested in that Reynaud's Syndrome link and knowing if there is anything that can be done. My poor mother sure suffers with the cold, though she never complains. She's a saint, something she didn't pass on to her #2 daughter. I've only done the total body Squeeze once and I was so sore for a few days, 2-3# weights I was using. I never thought it was dangerous as I've read from others, just a real burner for me. I haven't done LL in ages. I'm just not keen here lately on any barbell work for the legs. I prefer floorwork and unweighted work anymore.

Tracy, please send some of the heat in your house my way. It was cold again last night and I had the heating pad out under my feet while typing, then took it to bed. Hope the AC gets fixed SOON! I get so cranky when I'm too hot. Hate to be too hot and try to sleep. I have this little frozen neck thing that I take out of the freezer and put around my neck on the hot nights. Works great for me. Meetings, boy they sure get in the way of productive work, don't they? I have a meeting with our Warden this morning. Hope it doesn't last too long as I want to get some stuff done.

Amy, what makes the clicking sound in the knee? Is it tendons passing over each other? I've had horses that had knees that popped whenever you picked up their hooves. Didn't seem to bother them. I'm with you on wanting to go to Italy. My dream would be to go there to cycle, eat and drink wines. DH says to go for it, but I don't want to go alone. Hope the new guy on the yard does a great job for you today. Your flowers are beautiful!

Teddygirl, hope your sister is better. Enjoy your 1/2 day off, so nice when it dawns on you that you only have to work a 1/2 day. Great feeling. What new workouts do you have that you haven't tried yet? I have some Christi's coming.

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk10/Day2/Rnd2
Workout: PlyoX (Hopefully)

Tonight I have a dance recital to go to for my neice, so I may not be able to get my workout in today. But that is ok. :)

QOD for Yesterday: I would live in Greece. Don't know why, have always wanted to go there.

QOD for today: Nope, nothing.

Sandra, When I did Chest & Back last week I was able to do all the push-ups on my toes, and I can actually go deeper. I feel this round has helped me strength wise. If my eating was better I'm sure I would see vast improvement. I'm going to wait until the bitter end to calculate if I have improved my numbers.

Traci, My legs are still a problem and I have never done a Freestyle rotation, but wonder if it would be something that would work. With the X I have seen more definition in my legs, especially around my knee and calf area. So far the upper thighs are still a mystery for me. Feel for you with the AC out. Sticking your head in the freezer sounds like someone sticking their head in the oven. Not good!

Amy, To bad you are getting oldx( (just like all of us), but good news on the MRI. My knees make funny noises when I am doing ab exercises and moving my legs. Sounds like an old rocking chair going back and forth.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi again!

JeanetteX - here's a link, although not the one I was thinking of. Still looks good, though:
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/disease/vascular/raynauds.htm
You must have some serious leg muscle to not even be fatigued today by that hill! Make sure you casually mention that to your riding buddies, the next time you see them. This is something that must be bragged about!

TraciX - thanks for the info about Squeeze. So, what benefit does it give your body? Does it give you more muscle endurance? Toned muscle? A "finishing" effect, the way Cathe calls the band work in the GS series? So, you're a milkman prodigy, hey? It's an interesting question someone raised: why do these birthmarks happen? I know regular freckles require exposure to sunlight to make them appear. But why does skin discolour before birth? DD#1 has a small mole on her cheek that was there at birth. It's how we knew for sure we were taking home the right baby! When do you get the results of your program?

TracyX - oooooh, 4 hours of meetings!! Sounds utterly dreadful! I'd probably spend my time doodling in my daytimer, making up rotations, and combining workouts to make new premixes. I guess that's why I don't have a job, huh? I wouldn't be very good at one. Jeepers, you make the idea of focusing on yoga and staying moderately intense in my workouts sound very, very appealing. But I've tried going less intense, and it doesn't seem to work. Nothing seems to work! But at least the intense stuff gives me a lovely mental glow. I'm with you: I'd have cancelled the cheque. It seems like money is the only thing that people respond to.

Amy - I'm sooo glad your MRI showed nothing really wrong with your knee. So where do you go from here? Are you being advised to stay low-impact, or are you choosing to do so? I can't imagine your years in the military did your knees much good. I remember what you've said about how you learned to do push ups with poor form, just to do the required amounts.

Teddygirl - Yay! A half-day! Good workouts y-day and today. I'm with TraciX on suggesting you postpone buying SS until you are more solvent. It's a great workout, but isn't going to give you anything you can't get from what you already own. It's got a high fun-factor, but that can wait. It won't seem like fun when they're cutting off your electricity, because you can't pay your bills, because you bought the workout, which you can't use because you haven't got any electricity!! :)

Wendy - Hello!

Laurie - Hello!

Did I miss a goodbye post from DebraX? She's moving today, isn't she? Debra, if you're reading this: GOOD LUCK!!! We'll see you on the other side!!

How interesting that the birthmarks among us appear to all be on the lower body. I have a small oddly shaped skin discolouration on my left glute/hip. But I'm also totally covered in freckles and moles, so this little spot certainly doesn't stand out. My dermatologist told me that I have so many moles, and of such odd shapes and colours, that I am considered to have a medical condition, of which I can't remember the name of right now. I remember I looked it up on the internet, and it came up under "rare disorders." Over my lifetime I've been diagnosed with a "disorder" "syndrome" and "phenomenon". How's that for a set of ambiguous conditions?! Yet I consider myself extremely healthy LOL!

My workout is done. I've lost some stamina for pull/chin ups, but still did some decent reps. 4 circuits of pull or chin ups & push ups. I would have liked to have done more, but ran out of time. LL is feeling so much easier than it used to. I should be using heavier weights, I suppose, but my legs were feeling sore in many places from the past few days' cardio sessions. So, I played it safe and stuck with Cathe's weights. But, I could have easily gone heavier, it turns out. Next time I'll have to challenge myself to use heavier weights and promise myself that I can lower them any time I want. The PLB ball floorwork was easy! I can't believe how much I've improved with that! Well, it was easy except for those hamstring pulses (7x4 sets/leg). Those are always brutal. But at least I can get through them without crying now!

Have a great day,
SandraX

Thanks guys for caring:) :) Not only do I tend to shop when I am stressed, but I EAT like a pig, even when I was younger, I always ran to food as my escape gox( I find it so strange, most people can not tolerate food when they are stressed. I eat to my skin get itchy then I’m scratching my skin like crazy:+ Then, I am so miserably full from stuffing my face, I hafta go to sleep, don’t laugh, its ridiculous I know:+x( NO it's stupid, just don’t make any sense lol :D Don't worry I'm not there, going to work out hard this weekend, doing some of the workouts I haven't even tried yet.

Well guys have a wonderful and safe weekend. And I'll talk too you all on Monday :)

Teddygirl~

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Nicole, I hope I catch you before you leave. Have a great vacation and recovery week! :)

Amy: Great news about your knee!!!

Debra-X, How is the transitional move going?

Traci-X: It's Day1 for me again. I could really tell TTOM was near yesterday during S&A! My energy or strength is greatly reduced at the end of my cycles. 4 weeks, 3 days left! :) Today is Week 9, Day 4. Yoga. UGH! I think I'll save it for later tonight.

We're going to inlaws tonight. FIL doesn't have much time left. The radiation and chemo hasn't stopped the tumor from growing. They have decided against experimental treatments and drugs. FIL went unconcious this week at the dinner table. They had to get hospice for him. Phil took the recent events really hard. We're not sure what to expect his mental state and physical condition to be until we see him.

Need to make a DDcoffee run before I finish personals and pack.

Static Hugs to ALL Traci, ballistic hugs will come after coffee run! ;-)

Wendy

Coffee run turned into CVS run too. Finally back for personals! :)

Sandra-X: I clicked on your picturetrail site to open up another IE window. Then I remembered to check for your pic. My mind must be playing tricks with me cause I saw your family pictures before, but continued to picture you looking different!!! You do have a touch of Eva Longoria look to you! }( I don't know if I have true birthmarks. There's an odd shaped patch on under my ribs that is a slightly darker hue than the rest of my skin. I suppose that would be considered a birthmark. I have little beauty marks the size of pencil dots. One is at the top of my right knee and the other recently popped up on my lower left bicep. I think the one on my knee is sexy and the one on my arm distracting. Here's a little unknown fact: I worked at Tiffany's Bakery during highschool. I did gain weight after a year of lemon filled pastries. :9

Traci-X: Yeah, you're staying home instead of going to the Bay this weekend. :) I'll have computer access at MIL's house. So, I'll be able to sneak away and check in this weekend. LOL on your proposed hot Friday night. I've always noticed my danger zone to be the five days preceeding cycle day 1. But, with my short 24/25 day cycles, I feel like I only have two good weeks of max. pump out of a month. Have you noticed any changes in your body since coordinating your workouts to your cycle days?

Tracy-X: Still no AC. Your dh sounds like Phil. I love that Phil is nice and sweet and forgiving with me, but I hate that he's like that across the board! LOL Oh, I do enjoy LIC. I might do a little of it before YogaX tonight. Stay cool!

Amy: Your MIL is a blessing! I saw your huge corner lot yard. I haven't mowed our corner lot yard since we lived here. Dh used to do it until the boys got old enough to do it. I don't know what I'll do once all my dc move to their respective continents. Oh, didn't you know? I told them they each had to move to their own corner of the world. That way I can travel the world in my old age. ;-) Lowering your step to just the riser is a wise decision. I've opted to do that too. My knees are too valuable. LOL on playing connect the dots with your freckles.

Teddygirl: Enjoy your weekend! Yeah, with that many videos, you don't need anymore for now. It wasn't till I was in my 20's that I finally had an aha moment and realized the difference between wants and needs. It wasn't so much about wanting/needing things as it was about life decisions based on if it would be easy (want) or hard (need). Anyhow, glad to hear your sister is at home and doing well.

BBS. I'm going to finish personals in another post. This one is getting long! ;-)

Coffee is kicking in so...
Ballistic Hugs to ALL
Wendy

If you can believe it...I am actually alive...I won't go through all of the boring details...let me just say that the truck was not loaded completely until 2:30 this morning...I did not stay for the final festivities...but got a wake up call from my neighbor before 7 am that the movers had packed furniture they weren't supposed to....it turned out to be a false alarm....but things have been much crazier than I would have liked!

I am in no shape to do personals...but just wanted to say hello. Amy, glad your knee is just age....I guess...LOL.

There is an exercise room here, so I should be able to do a little cardio in the morning...hopefully after I get a good nights sleep! I will say that DD and the dog slept just fine last night...together in the pull out bed....LOL!

QOD yesterday...I guess I have to pick Russia since DH is there currently...but if that was not a factor...probably France or Italy.

QOD today..No birthmarks on me...lots of freckles and moles...but they are all due to sun damage. DD has 2 cafe au lait birthmarks on her back....they are very light, but they have gotten bigger as she has aged.

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hi all,

I ended up doing HSC as a finisher for the week of weights. I doesn't have much leg work, so I added a few more squats and deadlifts (with light weight). Then I did Sweat and that's it.

They did come and fix the AC. The guy said that he had never installed a fan motor that didn't work in all of the years he'd been repairing aircondition units. Just my luck. So we got a bigger motor for 60$. DH likes the guy. I did stop payment on the resurfacing of a bathtub a few months ago. The job was terrible and I didn't even consult DH. Plus the guy fell into the wall and cracked the tiles. It was a mess and still is because now it is DH's problem.

Happy evening to all,

Tracy

Hi, everyone! It's night and I'm finally here. Actually just woke up from a NAP.

Did MuscleMax this morning. Love it!

Sandra, my birthmark (I guess you could call it that) is a tiny forceps mark on my inner left cheek. I've always joked that anyone standing close enough to notice that is either a family member or someone who is a close enough friend not to care, so I'm not worried about it (heh, heh)

Yayy, Tracy on the AC! That's bizarre, though, about the guy resurfacing the bathtub who cracked the tiles. Yuck!

Teddygirl, I can so relate to running to food in times of stress. That's me to a "T". Unfortunately. But we can learn to manage it. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Traci, I'm making chicken fajitas for Sunday's dinner, with the raspberry/vanilla ice cream milkshakes for my kids. I'll try to remember to post the recipe this time. It's a really good one, and healthy. You can also make it with seitan (hear that, Sandra?)

Have a great night, everyone! And a wonderful Saturday!

}(
Cheryl

A little late checking in. Work has been busy up until now. We just got a lady from the regular floor that coded there and we continued the code back in the ICU. Unfortunately, she didn't make it, but she kept us busy and on our toes for well over an hour.

I wish I could remember stuff for personals, but they escape me for now. You can always tell when I'm at work, because my brain is at work and on the job and I have a hard time remembering 'outside' stuff.

I'll see you all in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.