Xers - "O" what a Lovely Thursday!

RE: Xers -

***Why does that Donna Summers song "BAD GIRLS" keep plying in my mind?***

I'm going to start today with Classical Athletic Stretch (esmond) & see what my body feels up to after that...It may just be a deep stretch day, or maybe some yoga thrown in... We'll have to see....My body is overall very sore & tired from all weight work this week - thats why I was up at 12:45! Couldnt get comfy in the bed...

Doing the ~~WAVE~~wave~~WAVE~~wave~~WAVE~~wave~~WAVE~~wave for TRACY as she proudly puts that FLOOR WORK gold star on the kitchen calendar!:7 :7 :7 I joined her on "TEAM-No Nookie" last night as I worked...Wasnt like it couldnt have happened but Big Brother came on & that was all she wrote for me!:7 As JEANETTEsaid- if it could be proved by a woman that it would make me thin & less jiggly then negotiations open...until then "Talk to the Hand!":+

*Enough of this silliness! Poor Lea & Kim high tailed it outta here!*
or maybe they just went to practice}(

NICOLEX
Poor kid! You DIDNT make him sleep in that did you????No Mommy of the Year award for you in 2008! :p

JEANETTEX
I'm w/ your DH- NOTICEABLE diff when I take Glucosamine regularly... I actually started using it when I found Cathe- What does THAT say about her/me?}( Salmon sounds GREAT! I went thru an entire package of Smoked Salmon the other day...I had a big time craving for it- maybe I was low on healthy fats? - LOVE the stuff! ~~ Hows the booty today????? You really have been MAH-VA-LOUS getting your workouts in while on the road...I NEVER do- & I never care!:p Thats why my body will always be "Good for a woman my age" -VS- "Wow I cant wait to be 45!"

WENDYX
Oh- do ask to see before & afters (of women your color) of that Laser stuff...from all Ive read & seen its not for any dark skin pigmentation....BE CAREFUL! I think I'd FREAK if something like that ruined me... I get all crazy when my "extraction" on the facials leaves tiny marks for 48 hrs- my skin is old & sun damaged so even THAT leaves me all banged up looking. ~ How fun having yoga w/ Phil tonight! He must have REALLY missed you!;-) ROF about Phils FANTASY of our retreat! MEN! Assure him that if Tracy & I have anything at all to do w/ agenda SEX TOYS shall not be anywhere on the list!:+ Why do men think thats what we all want to do all the time?? Oh - I KNOW WHY!!!!! Women like you & Debra!!!! Well honey - you 2 just aint normal if ya ask me:p

DEBRAX
Well???? Did we sufficeiently intimidate CBL? Did he get a case of Performance Anxiety?}( ~~ OY on the surprise test!!! I'm sure you did fine but I can see why you'd be a bit frazzeled!!! STUDY!!!

SANDRAXX
Well I see YOUVE done some research! & what exactly did all this talk yesterday have to do w/ your thesis???? Better double check that thing just in case you THOUGHT you were writing to us & it was really your paper!:eek: :eek: ROF: well if its not an INSTANT booster like my coffee than I'd rather spend my time with Mr. Gevalia;-) GREAT job on the shoulder burn yesterday....Did you see my official business post hidden amidst the X-rated posts??? ~~ I shall book my ticket TODAY!!! I'm gonna be a Nanny!!! Look out- I may be more like one of the horror movie ones?! ".....of course I can babysit for you Sandra, you do have closets dont you? ~~ BTW: Did you see the OD about this months rotation? "http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=478084&mesg_id=478084&listing_type=search

LAURIEXXX
ROF w/ an eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww on the boys bathroom!!!!!:+ :eek: :+ :eek: Glad Cami is going to get the Spa Treatment for awhile - Could you PLEASE warm it a tad in the microwave? My pups get chicken broth (real) over their food daily...warmed to just the perfect temp of course;-) MANY times their dinner smells better than mine! ~~ Another strong endorsement for Glucosamine- its magic for some of us. ~ Hope the girls hair turned out picture perfect!

TEDDYGIRL
Hope we didnt cause you to "overeat" yesterday}( I think you made such a SMART decision not using weights yesterday! I find that you can still get a FANTASTIC workout in by doing just that....Smart woman- listening to your body!!!

Thats it for me gang.... Busy errands + program writing day today...+ client tonight..... Have a great day!!

Hi all,

Today is my rest day. I'm hoping for my class to be cancelled because of bad weather, but I won't know until later.

I'm going to have to get a mouse trap. There is a mouse in my dog food closet, and he's being pretty darn bold. I just looked; no wonder he is making so much noise, he fell into the 40 lb bag!
I'll leave a note and someone else can deal with that!

Tracy

Hi all...just popping on to let you know I am all regulated again and feeling pretty chipper this morning! I have to take the dog to the kennel later (since I am going to be gone tomorrow night) and I must get a pedi today as my toenail polish looks awful...that is not one of my strengths, painting my own toenails...I have these teeny tiny nails and I get more polish on my toe than my nail. I also must finish preparing for my presentation tomorrow by watching Seinfeld reruns...How about that for a class??? Soooooo, I guess I will have plenty of time to do MM upper today. I ended up doing Eoin's PSY yesterday...which felt great, as usual. I like that one on my easy days since there are not constant vinyasas.

Okay...gotta run...back later for a much more civilized chat today!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good morning,

Thanks for that link to the OD, Traci. I'll do it if you do }( A stretch day for you. That sounds loooooovely. Is Classical Stretch anything like StretchX? I'm pretty sure I kept my posts separate from my thesis yesterday. I couldn't hurt to double check, though :) If I suddenly start going on ad nauseum about standard deviations, chi-squares, and multiple regression models, you'll know I got all mixed up. I know I was going on about multiple something yesterday. I saw your post yesterday about how to approach the shoulder workout. Thank you. I like the idea of going heavier at the start one time, then heavier at the end next time, etc. But if you think I'm going to lift a finger on the remote to shuffle the exercises around, you don't know me LOL! Actually, the way she's divided up the 4DS weights into Rounds lends itself to more easily shuffling things around, so I might actually try it. One day. :)

Tracy....Eeeek! There's a mouse in the house! Maybe he'll drown in that 40lb bag and your problem will be solved. Don't all men think their units are magical? Floorwork!!! Wow! What made you think that might be a good idea? Good work!

Debra....Pop quiz! Who won the Master of Your Domain contest? Who was the first one out?

Kim and Lea....Come back!! Come back!! This isn't high school all over again, I swear! We'll be big girls today. We'll keep it as clean as our eating LOL!

Wendy....I want in on that Hot Topic discussion. When you have it, please hire a transcriber and email me. Let's see, hiring a sitter for power yoga, lunching out, playing with your Blackberry, previewing yoga workouts, getting your hair cut and coloured, researching lazer treatment....have you forgotten that you're a homeschooling mother of 6?? Shouldn't you be home with those kids, teaching them that evolution is bogus?

Jeanette....It sounds like few of us would prioritize the deed as much as our male partners. There was a thread on OD ages ago where people chimed in on their libido levels. A few women were like Wendy and Debra, but most were like the rest of us. Makes me wonder if exercise takes care of our needs. LMAO! I definitely bought a mango and a few zuchinni! No, I didn't receive an answer for my friend. I'll have to wait until Debra's book comes out LOL!

Nicole....OMG, what a miserable night!! I'd be a bit alarmed if my child told me he wet his bed because his legs weren't working. Did he have a fever at the time? I hope he spends most of today sleeping. Is this the youngest child, or one of the older two? Is DS#3 on his way to being toilet trained?

Well, time for me to get to work. Mid morning I'll do 4DS Bootcamp, including the bicep & tricep work.

Cheers,
Sandra

Nice to see everyone survived yet another night testing hormonal theories.... NOT I!

TRACY: NOOOOO- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

DEBRA: I did eoin too!!!;-) Sounds like we have similar toes! My pedi gal says I have Barbie Doll Toes...(WTH?)

SANDRA: So glad you are still up for fun today! I can tell we got your brain going! WooHoo on embracing new ways of doing 1 DVD! Since I've learned all this I do wonder why a girl needs so damn many DVDS! Classical Stretch for Athletes is not like Stretch X- its much much more active and intense... She has tons of different ones out.. I think I'm going to buy my rehab client one as a gift for her vback/hips/knees

OK- My classical Athletic Stretch HURT! She's a trip- keeps saying as athletes some of us can only ......
Well let me say- I knew I was an injury waiting to happen because of how tight my body was but REALLY- the arm moves in first 5 mnutes damn near brought me to tears! She called it TORTURE! ----After that decided to meditate with Eoin Pure & Simple- then I wanted to spend more time with him so did PSY Beginners..... I was SOUND ASLEEP when he woke me up w/ his Namaste's!:7

I have about 400 errands to run so I will shake out the webs & get moving...Most definitely want/need a nap.... I KNOW its why I'm struggling to lose BF right now...Sleep is so needed.

Good morning. Looks like everyone has been having some fun around here, or are you guys just dreaming?(Except for Debra);)

No workouts for me lately, I have been sick with bronchitis. It has been joyous. I finally feel good enough to sit at this darn computer, but will probably sleep a little more today. I guess bronchitis is going around here. Fun fun.

I briefly read some of yesterdays posts}( and just wanted to tell Nicole to hang in there. My 4 year old did the same thing last week, but in our bed. Fortunately I was all ready on the couch, so it just got my DH. That one I couldn't let him sleep in. Hope today is better.

Take care all. Have a great day.

Good Morning Ladies,

Round 2, Phase 1, Week 1, Day 4, 90 min Power Heated Yoga Class w/ dh :D

Slept in this AM. Felt good too!!!! Not at all Dommy from S&A. I thought I pushed myself. I found the burn and failures at 15 reps. I think with all the yoga I've been doing the arms are conditioned to do S&A. I don't know. We'll see how I'm feeling by tonight.

TraciX AKA BarbieX
Oh! I love that song! It ranks right up there with I Will Survive. :) Couldn't get comfy in bed? Maybe, you should incorporate a little W-endurance techniques. }( :+ Dh and I laid in bed watching Project Runway's reunion episode. Fell asleep after it was over. I'm not familiar with Classical Athletic Stretch. Is it a must buy? Do you have Rodney Yee's Power Yoga? I'm going to try that one on Sunday. I will most definitely ask about woman with color and do my research before deciding. I might just get the bovine stem cell lotion in addition to it or instead of it. I want to see what my options are. I was thinking of getting STS. Then thought: I have plenty of dvds, but only one face.:7 No! It was Phil who was concerned. I haven't told him of ya'lls personal posts yet. I was having lunch with an elderly family friend. He thought ya'll were funny! But, he's like my MIL, Internet challenged. He's worried ya'll might turn out to be a bunch of crazies with toys! LOLOLOL Phil, OTOH, feels the need to protect you all like he did Thailand from his Crazy Asian.:7 Oh, I see Classical Stretch is not a must buy unless you advocate torture.;-)

TracyX
Enjoy your rest day! Sending ~~~cancellation vibes~~~ your way!!!! Ewwwww! I hate field mice in the winter!!!! This fall I anticipated something like that might happen. So, I bought one of those large plastic dog food containers with a top latch at Pet Smart. We make sure the dog's dish is empty and cleaned at night before bed. Now, if we could remember to do that with the coffee maker....:7

DebraX
Isn't it wonderful to be all regulated... sounds like a car! Is CBL the Magic Mechanic now? We could start calling him MM. }( :7 :+ Which Eoin dvd is PSY on? I like the idea of diluted vinyasas. I think that's why I'll be loving my just purchased Rodney Yee PY. Have fun with MM and Seinfeld. My favorite is Elaine!!!!!!!

SandraXX
LOL Evolution bogus: ongoing discussion!:+ Seriously, we're adding earth science next week. But, we are homeschooling. This week is get back to normal week for us. Thankfully, Phil and MIL kept them on track while I was gone.

I'm going to post this while looking back on yesterday's threads for personals. Lea and Kim, I promise not to get more personal.:)

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Traci...Thanks for the link to OD...I am definitely doing that rotation after I finish up with lean next week....

Sandra...I think Kramer finished his 'masters' first...Am I right??

Lea...Sorry you are feeling punky! Take it easy...and take care of yourself!

Back later for a real chat.
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Wendy...It is Eoin's Pure and Simple Yoga dvd I did yesterday (with Traci apparently!)....I also love Elaine...I call her my muse!!! I am kind of like her in that I tend to have lots of male friends....And not to turn the discussion south again, but my favorite episode with her was the 'Sponge Worthy' one!!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

NicoleX
Oh, Honey! It's tough having sick ones. If it helps, the twins had undiagnosed reflux for a year. The last 6 months of it included vomit at least 4 times a day. Our house constantly reeked of it. x( Do I need to bring extra sheets and plastic mattress covers for your boys!!!! Whenever I discovered vomit in one of the twins cribs, I stripped the mattress, wiped down the mattress with Totally Toddler Stain Remover (loved that stuff!), put on a new sheet stripped said child, and baby wiped her down. I got to where I could do it in less than 5 minutes. LOL Now... Go Practice! Consider it your cardio for the day.:p :7 :+

JeanetteX
LOL I was eyeing the Salmon yesterday. I got the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake instead.:eek: :9 My hair used to be past my shoulders. Now it's at my shoulders. I rarely have split ends too. But, I didn't get much trimmed since November. I brought my curling iron with me on my first trip. It melted a section of hair. Silly me forgot that the voltage is different!x( By the time I saw my stylist, it was almost 2 months later. By then, I was loving the length, so I told her to just trim the ends slightly. Oh! I got highlights too. Then back on the plane for more dry heat. Anyhow... it was in serious need of a cut at this appointment. Power Heated Yoga will kick any sex drive outta us!!! I haven't told dh! He wouldn't go if I did!:7 :7 :7

SandraXX
I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I don't remember reading that!:eek: You'd think that would have caught my attention!!! The Big V is a Big decision. I wish Phil never got one. But, as Traci says... I'm not normal.:+

LaurieXX+Xsoon
Yes, we did return the espresso machine. We're going to wait and buy a better quality machine. Till then, we're using the coffee maker. I've heard horror stories of dogs eating chocolate. Glad that Cami will get better. Good luck breaking her of real food. Baby stopped eating for awhile when she only had dog food. We supplemented her diet with leftovers. But, I was not going to cook for a spoiled dog! Now, if she was sick, I would have.

Teddygirl
Yes, you must be connected at all times! Get thee a Blackberry!!!:7 We miss you on your days off!!! How's the eating? Did you have to steer clear of the check-in to control your cravings? Now I see why you picked Ted! He can cook for nookie!!!}( :+

Okay girls, I must get busy. I am a homeschooling mother to 6 children!!!

Take Care! Let your words be full of grace! Be sweet! As you can see, I'm going into Mother Mode...:)

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

Debra,

I loved that episode!!! LOLOL Another favorite of mine is when she discovered Puddy was a Christian and didn't care if she went to hell. OMW! That was priceless.

Wendy

Good morning,
Today was Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. Will be glad to be posting from home tomorrow morning. Hoping we don't have to travel home in a snowstorm tonite.

Traci, love your topic this morning! Yoga was so-so today. I hadn't had any good coffee so was half asleep. I love salmon, but smoked salmon, I can do without. Indulged in pancakes this morning at IHOP. Rarely have them so I treated myself. Will be back on the wagon when I get home. Barbie Doll toes? LOL! I think I have those little troll doll toes. No green hair though.

Tracy, hope that class gets cancelled. I used to hate the mice that would be in the barn, amongst the hay and grain. A couple cats living in there took care of that problem.

Debra, enjoy the pedicure. I too have teeny tiny slivers of toenails on some of my toes. Glad you are regulated. All is well.... How was the lasagne with CBL last night? There was lasagne, right? Or just regulation? I liked the Seinfeld episode with the "spare a square".

Sandra, I think I'll do a 4DS rotation sometime. I never did do one as it just didn't appeal to me at the time. In fact, I've never done the legs or abs yet and only did the parts once.

Lea, you poor thing, now bronchitis? No more!!!! Hope you feel better soon, am assuming you are on some antibiotics now.

Got to check out now.

Jeanette

Yoga:D:D:D:D:D

For all of you who think I'm a horrible mom, I did wipe up the mess and sprayed Lysol on it:p He was being very dramatic last night about not being able to cough up phlem which is why he threw up. He doesn't have a queezy stomach just a weak gag reflex. If it was from the honest to goodness flu I would have been sympathetic, I promise:)

I am glad it's a yoga day because I need it! I really hope to be back later for a less self involved post. I have piles of laundry yet to do:p

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368_1199393270649.gif
[/url]

Slow & Heavy/week 5/day 4
Workout: Imax 2

Good Morning Ladies,

I was scheduled for a rest day today, but know…………this morning, I had an hour to blow so I headed into me workout room thinking I was going to do stretchX then all of sudden, Imax got legs and walked its way into me player, so being the nice girl that I am I rolled with it, always a fun workout:p

Wendy: LOL, cracking me up, just put it this way. I ruuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn from Ted, this brother OMG........ :+ :+ But to answer your ?? eating is so..so..noticing how I'm leaning. However, I've lost inches, what about you;)

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 11/Day 6
Workout: KenpoX

I have to stop LOL at work!!!!! At least I am the only one in the office right now. The conversation yesterday was a hoot! And just an FYI, no hormonal adjustment for me last night either. :7 :7 :7

Traci, I have heard that Classical Stretch is very good, but never heard torture was involved. :D You mean I need to warm the food up, poor Cami is a deprived dog. I don't think she cared, because as soon as I was mixing up the beef/rice she was on me like a fly to a sticky trap! :7 I will have to remember the chicken broth, she probably would LOVE that. The girls came back from the hair salon with cuts that they both LOVED!!! Yippee!!! Oldest had blonde highlights, and a cut that is longer in the front and short in the back. Youngest has hers curled up at the bottom, so this morning I had to use the curling iron on the back of her hair. "Can't see the back of my hair MOM!" I asked her what are you going to do when it's only Dad left in the house. She said that is why she woke up early. :7 :7 :7 Ok now I want to try that rotation out. :7 Just for some Cathe time. :7

Tracy, I to am sending cancellation vibes your way. Dang on the mouse in the house. This may sounds strange, but leave a bucket of water out and the mouse will try to get a drink. Guess you know what happens after that. :( or :) Depending on how you feel about dead mice. :7 :7

Debra, All I can say is I'm glad you are regulated and chipper this morning. You get to watch Seinfeld reruns for class. I loved the one where Jerry kept seeing things about his dates he didn't like. The woman with the big hands. Just the expressions on his face makes me laugh. And of course the one where Krammer takes the USPS truck for a drive. :7 :7

Sandra, Did you get to see the lunar eclipse. We watched it from our patio door. So cool to see that.

Lea, I have heard that bronchitis is going around, so sorry it had to stop at your house. :( Take a snooze for me to, you sound like you need it more than I do.

Wendy, Now we have Cathe Cat, Netta Van Petta, and Traci is BarbieX? :7 :7 I know my DH will never join me in a Power Heater Yoga class. :D I think you are right on the breaking of real food, she just munches the rice/meat down. This morning I put in some of her kibble, and will work more of that into her diet as the week goes on. Reasure your friend that we are crazy. :7

Jeanette, What you don't like smoked salmon. :D I'm one of those that absolutely loves the stuff. Love most smoked fish, guess that is the Finn in me. :D I have stated taking glucosamine in the last couple of months, and it seems to have help the knee quite a bit. I just have to remember to take the dang things. I'm so bad with taking things on a consistant basis.

Nicole, Don't worry I have done the same thing. My oldest has a gage reflex also. So totally understand the wipe up and deal with it kid. :D So I would never get Mom of the Year either. :D Of course my MOY went away this weekend when oldest had her cell phone taken away. :D :D

TG, Imax has legs. Oh ya leg torture. :D Glad you had fun with it though.

Kim, Oh come back! :D

I'm going to get myself some hot water for my tea, and then I have the need for a snack. :7 :7 :7 :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hola again,

Mm. I need to get my butt downstairs and workout. I'm surprisingly stiff and tired in my back, upper and lower. I think SH Legs caught up with me today, from Tuesday. I was a bit surprised to not be feeling it yesterday. I need a workout with a nice long, gradual warm up. I might start with Shiva's opening meditation on Yoga Shakti that has all the cat stretching and ends up with the standing turns.

Traci....I like the sounds of the Athletic Stretch dvd. Where do I get my hands on that? You did PSY, the whole thing, after that? My, what a long stretchy day you had!! I hope you get that nap in.

Lea....bronchitis?? Good heavens, the only thing you can't catch these days is a break! Let us know when you have to take your antibiotics and we'll be sure to remind you.

Debra....Right! Now, who won the contest? I thought the whole Elaine/Puddy relationship was a gas, especially the episode when she continually broke up with him.

Wendy....Hopefully SA doesn't sneak up on you with 2-day after DOMS. That's the worst. If you're like me (which you obviously are not LOL), you'll be relieved to get back to normal. The Eoin Pure & Simple Yoga is it's own dvd, not part of another one. What I stated yesterday wasn't in TCYF? Oh. Well, it was in some book or another that I read around the same time I read TCYF, then. When I was trying to get pregnant with DD#2, I read all sorts of stuff like that. I am so done with having young children. When the grandchildren arrive I'll be able to get another dose, but without all the lack of sleep :)

Jeanette....Which parts of YS did you do this morning? Are they forecasting a storm? I hope you have a safe drive. 4DS seems to be right up your alley: gets everything done in an hour.

Nicole....I never for a second seriously thought you'd left him to sleep in his own puke. But I understand your sentiment. Cleaning up urine and puke soaked beds in the middle of the night is pure h*ll, but what else can you do? Don't get lost in the laundry!

Teddygirl....That's hilarious!! I love how Imax2 developed legs.

Laurie....Hey, maybe you, Traci, Debra and I should start the February rotation together. I'm seriously rethinking doing a P90X+ Classic rotation, after seeing how similar it is to the maintenance rotation. And I want more variety in the cardio workouts, for sure. Maybe I can somehow incorporate the P90X+ workouts into the Feb rotation? Yes, we watched the lunar eclipse. DH and I thought it was cool, DD#1 thought it was interesting for about a minute, but then it didn't move or make loud noises, so she got bored.

Enough procrastination. Time to work out this stiffness.

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra:
www.classicalstretch.com

I just ordered 2 more...I shop way too much when I'm tired- its either that or eat carbs so ...........Whats WRONG w/ me? I ordered more of the qwerky(sp?) lady who TELLS ya its gonna hurt!? Thats some marketing!

Off to take a nap-

LAURIE: Be careful all those guys @ your office will demand to read whatever is making you chuckle!}(

> TEDDYGIRL
>Hope we didnt cause you to "overeat" yesterday}( I think you
>made such a SMART decision not using weights yesterday! I find
>that you can still get a FANTASTIC workout in by doing just
>that....Smart woman- listening to your body!!!

Tracie: Nope, I didn't overeat, but after I did eat, went home and it was on :+ and I don't mean the television :+ }( I'm going to give me legs a restday, me think :* or just may hit treadmill before starting weights, shall see. However, me looking forward to upper body tomorrow, really been slacking this week. The workouts you ordered looks awesome, you sho know how to pick em;-)

Tracey: Enjoy your rest day today ;-)

Thanks for the link, Traci. I'm very intrigued. I'd like to get the 2 full body workouts, the express workout, and the men's workout (for dh, of course). That's close to $100 including shipping, I think. I need a job. Maybe I'll see if Advanced Workouts sells them.

I had a hard time with the carb-cravings last night, too. Of course, I was tired. When my daytime caffeine wears off, I start to look for a fresh jolt from simple carbs. I wonder if there's anything I can have, besides caffeine, to control the cravings.

I just finished 4DS Bootcamp. I'd forgotten how thorough and challenging the weight work is in that one. I feel as well worked in the bi's and tri's as I do from a P90X upper body session. Toasty.

Cheers,
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.