Xers~ zippity do da Thursday!

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~ Hard & Heavy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Legs/Thighs: PHH Thigh Trimmer
Abs: Squeeze
Triceps & Back: APX + GS

Feeling better this morning after a lot of extra sleep yesterday and last night. Headache still around but not too severe. Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday.

TracyX~ I LOL on the Intelligent Edge! Well that explains a lot doesn’t it? I have very little sense when I am actually doing yoga! I am hoping that by not pushing on the poses and by continuing to do long stretch sessions each week that I too shall someday see improved flexibility. You are my role model so keep on us all about Yoga!

Nicole~
Sick kids cannot make your life very easy- So sorry! Hope everyone is a bit better there and that you don’t catch something too! I remember very clearly how the X pushed my body to extremes in that final phase. Actually phase 1 and 3 must have been huge growth periods because I felt so tired and achy all the time. As yucky as it can feel I do believe that it is the X doing its job… that extra 4th week of workouts at the end just about did me in! Lots of extra fluids, extra clean eating and extra sleep (even naps help) if you can somehow manage it. I think that’s what my body is going thru now as well. Since I learned to put in recovery weeks I do indeed go all out with my strength training every session now- My body tells me when its almost time for recovery and I’m coming up on shifting from Hard to moderate workouts next week and then to recovery. Take care!

JeanetteX~
Happy b-days to grandma and safe travels and record breaking ride! You’ll be missed around here! I do hope a weeks worth of leg rest will get you additional success in a week! As ALWAYS- the Xers are with you!

Wendy~
Not sure if you’re reading or not so sending you safe travel and happy mini-vacation vibes…. Although from this childless Xers perspective any trip at all (especially in a car!) that has you and that many kids together really isn’t vacation or down time it’s merely a change of scenery! I do hope you come back off of drugs and feeling better… Ya just gotta give your final week of X the best you’ve got!

TedyyGirl~
LOL on your Drs orders! As much as I would have LOVED to do all that (& eat all that) I opted for hot tea, cranberry water, small protein drink and bed! I was actually already in bed at 4:00pm and just got up to have a protein shake so I wouldn’t wake up hungry. Hope you get off early today!

Cheryl~ LOL on the 7:30 sleep in time! We are 2 peas in a pod!!! If I sleep past 5am it’s a major event! Aren’t these GS workouts just the best? I really think Cathe out did herself with these! Cant wait to see her 4-day split!

All caught up with your busy lives now- will get workout done as early as possible in case I crash again - Today is the day my TV stand for workout room comes!!! If I can get DH to help I can have new w/o room all set up for tomorrows session! I'll be home this weekend while DH goes to bay so I can play play play!
:7

Hi all,

Yesterday I hit a wall on my way home from work. Maybe I didn't eat enough the day before and then it was just too late to make up for it. I didn't feel like doing any cardio so I opted for leaner legs for the first time in a long time. It was good, and I tacked on PLB floor work, which I won't do again for a while because I think that it irritated my back. I finished with 70 minutes of Fluid Power. It requires so much leg strength to stabilize the lower body while the upper body is moving. I'd much rather do that than floor work, but I will continue the floor work.

Today is a run/walk and then magically hips. I'll be back later for personals.

Tracy

Traci - In bed at 4:30? I hope that you are feeling better.

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk11/Day6/Rnd2
Workout: Yoga Zone Power Yoga for Strength and Endurance

Well today is like a Friday for me. :D I'm taking the day off tomorrow. My brother and SIL are coming from Duluth, MN for the races tomorrow and I haven't seen them since Christmas. Will be nice to have a chat with some coffee. :9

After my workout yesterday I was able to get more beading done on youngest DD's faire dress. The only things I have left to do on the dress are sleeves and her overskirt. :) I only have 3 more weeks, plenty of time. :D

Traci, So glad you are feeling a bit better today. Have you been doing the APX workout and then the GS, or doing one body part and then the other? Curious minds need answers. :) I still have 2 weeks left of the X. Remember Tony's cruel plan of adding an extra week, and then giving you the recovery week.

Wendy, Have a wonderful vacation.

Jeanette, Enjoy your time with your Grandmother and give her lots of birthday wishes. :)

Tracy, Wow you hit a wall and still managed to get a workout in. I would have been on the couch. Is the back OK? Another great reason not to do floor work anymore. :7 :7 My not so favorite thing to do. x(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning,

TraciX: glad you are back to your old self:) you probably just needed to rest due to you working out so hard. Trac, beans and egg recipe can you give it to me please.

JeanetteX: that is so nice you are able to walk on your lunch. I use to, but to tell the truth we have NO were to walk no side walks and that sucksx( Am noticing my thighs are getting thicker pants are tight today :p :9 eating beans...beans...and more beans...along with proteins, its working real good, picked up a few lbs too:D

Last night, MIS didn’t happen x( my sister just popped in glad she did, and offered to take me and pay for dinner, we went to Reb Lobster, I enjoyed the meal and sis company:7 :)

This morning, I ended up doing Power Hour & Low Max (7 blast). Tonight, Core Max and doing some free styling for my bi’s and tri’s. Endurance workouts doesn’t really do it for me, cuz I have to use lighter weight, but overall had a GREAT workout. ttyl

Teddygirl~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hard & Heavy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Legs/Thighs: PHH Thigh Trimmer
*Abs: Squeeze
*COMPLETED: Triceps & Back: APX + GS

Feeling productive- Its 9am and I have vacuumed, done strength training, grocery shopped & moved all weight equipment into new room – anxiously awaiting UPS man! …. All I have left is Thigh/Ab work… eat some breakfast and then start cleaning the carpet in master bedroom (to eliminate all smells of my sweat past 2 years!)

TracyX~
More back issues? My gosh woman I’d never work out again! I’m with the rest of gang on hitting the wall … I’d take it as a rest day too! I guess that’s why you have a body to die for and mine’s a work in progress!

LaurieX~
LOL- I never could bring myself to count the last recovery week as “final week”… Once I got thru the last pushup I was DONE! Your long weekend sounds like great fun! I’m sure you’ll have a total blast with all the festivities & visitors! When I use more than 1 DVD on strength I always do the complete DVD…. For example- I had 2 parts today so I did GS Triceps… APX Back… APX Triceps…. GS Back. I also like to use Mix n Match with all of Cathes so I don’t do all 3 sets of one exercise in a row. I’ll do Tricep Kickbacks (1 set) , Dips (1 set), X-Body pullovers (1 set) then start the cycle again. This way I can stay heavy for the entire workout. When my energy starts to give around day 20 of my cycle I will do it as produced and just lighten the weight load as I go. This keeps my muscles guessing I suppose as my greatest cut comes from doing this type of cycling.

TedyyGirl~
Beans & Eggs: AKA Burrito in a Bowl (you can add tortilla since you are trying to gain!) Desired # of whites or full eggs scrambled up with onions (I like cumin too)… Toss in bowl. Heat up some refried beans in same pan and toss on top of eggs. Add Cheese if you want, salsa, taco sauce and enjoy!
Hows your sisters health these days? I am so glad you get to spend time with her so often! GREAT workout this morning! Don’t you find if you split up BLAST work that you give it all even more power? When I do all of them I tend to reserve energy….

Happy Thursday to all who follow!

Traci, I forget, what is the UPS man bringing now?? Sounds like you're having a great day!

Teddygirl, sounds like a nice workout and good eating for you. Good job!

Well, the PMS monster seems to have hit me full force. I think I missed a month, so I think it's hitting me double... I felt lightheaded after just 20 minutes of GS Legs, so that's it for today and I'm going to count it as my rest day.

Off to the shower... have a wonderful Thursday, everyone. This week is flying by!

Cheryl

TraciX: Thank you :) My sister is doing okay, her illness comes and goes sort of speak, she's sick. I couldn't tell last night, she had a big appetite, go girl go! we laughed about her eating so much food, it really was good to see her eating again.

I just requested 1/2 day today, I thought I would go home, finish up me w/o. Then, head down to sister Daphane to clean her home, rub her feet and legs, helps keep circulation and stiffness from setting in.

Today is my sister Carolyn BD she's 54 today, this morning, I told her she don't look a day over 60 we laughed, taking her to dinner Sunday. I have 9 sister and 10 brothers EEK!!!! All I remember is fun times, back to work

Teddygirl~

Good morning,

You know you're tired when IMAX3 doesn't even wake you up. Oh my. I got to bed late last night, then had trouble falling asleep, then a very windy thunderstorm blew in, requiring me to get out of bed and close windows. I'm pretty sure it was closing in on 1am by time I fell asleep. The alarm went off at 5am, and I just groooaned. IMAX3 was the workout of the day, and I went through every scenario I could think of, that would allow me to NOT have to do it at 6am with little sleep. Couldn't think of anything. But I knew there was hot, fresh coffee waiting for me if I could only get my butt out of bed. It's good to have an addiction.

Muscle Endurance went surprisingly well yesterday. That's really a fabulous workout. Even the barbell squats weren't so bad. Last night my whole lower body was very stiff. I did some Yoga Shakti: om3, rhythmic vinyasa, standing poses flow 2, and supine poses. That was somewhere around 35min, and made me feel much better.

Of course, things were still tired and a bit stiff this morning. IMAX3 changed all that. I actually did decently well...except for the plie jacks in the 5th interval. I made it off the ground every time, but the last 8 were not pretty. I reached that almost-gonna-puke feeling at the end of that one. The middle of that workout is the toughest part, IMO. Blasts 4 & 5, to me, feel like I'm cresting the mountain. Once I get past those two, I feel like the rest of the workout is just fun. Blast 7 is my absolute favourite, and often is the lure that gets me through the first half of the workout. Once I've hit Interval 7, the rest of the workout just feels like icing on the cake. Love this workout.

Oh, and afterwards I did Total Body Stretching segment #3. Tonight I might try Shiva's Fluid Power yoga, 27 min standing poses. Tracy says it's good.

Oh rats. I didn't mean to do just a "me" post, but I've got to go. I promise I'll BBL to catch up with your day. I'm sorry I missed Wendy & Jeanette last evening.

Heading out the door,
Sandra

Hi all,

I'm taking my lunch break at work. For lunch I ate 7 triscuits and 5 walnut halfs. My snack on the way home will be a power bar, one of the ones covered with chocolate (which isn't so good for you, but WTH?) It is finally nice here after 3 brutally hot and humid days.

Laurie and Traci - I think that it is my hard headed addiction that makes me workout even when I'm not feeling so great. I conquered a lot of bad habits, but that is not one of them. Plus after the X, I really don't know until I get going if it is the mind or the body that is saying no.

Traci - The back issues will probably be with me for a while. I still can't do a lot of lateral impact and although running doesn't bother me, high impact step does. I can't wait to get the eliptical, it should be coming next week.

Cheryl - TTOM woes too? I can't wait for mine to get here, should be any day. It is worse for me when I skip one too. That is pure misery. I feel like I've got a liter bottle of water in my lower belly right now. That's disgusting isnt' it?

Sandra - You will like the standing flow on the Fluid Power, but it does require quite a bit of strength in the legs to stabilize. I did it last night. It is so pleasant to do.

Teddygirl - Just when I'm thinking that you must have several siblings I read that you have 19! I'm an only child, so that is difficult for me to even comprehend. I look at Dh with 5 and that is a lot.

Wendy - I think that you may be gone by now. JMO about the bicep, but it may be weaker than the other and you are compensating with the tricep. The X is wonderful, but I think that it does encourage weight increases that participants may not be ready for. Since I haven't been lifting as heavy, I've found that if you really concentrate on the muscle that you are targeting, and slow down just a little, you can use lower weights and still get maximum benefits. For example, when doing curls, I alternate arms, but neither arm is ever still. So basically, there is no rest at the bottom or top. The moves become much more difficult. You might need to lower your weight and increase your focus. I decreased my weight on overhead tricep presses the other day because I was only feeling it in my back.

Off to work,

Tracy

Classic/ Phase 3/ Week 9/ Round 1/ Day 4

YogaX

Got through the whole DVD this morning and was sweating away! I was glad once again I worked out before the boys were awake because #2 DS is throwing up today. I pray it doesn't get my DH, DS or I next. Oh the mess that comes with a flu. I'm glad I haven't cleaned the house spic and span. That will come another day.

TracyX, Thanks for the encouragement. I know it's going to be a tough last month but I'm looking forward to the strength improvements. I am not liking all of these germs floating around the house. It's hot here this week so I can't open up all of the windows and air the house out. It's supposed to cool off a bit this weekend and then I will:) Glad you're feeling better, hope the headache goes away completely.

Tracy, What a workout!!!! I think I would have rather done cardio:)

Laurie, You're almost done, I'm jealous! I can't wait to hear how your body responds to new workouts. I'm right behind you:) It sounds like you are quite a talented seamstress.

Cheryl. I drove through Highland on the way to look for dinner. Such a beautiful place. We ended up eating in Sandy but were able to really check the area out. We took the 80 to the 89 and that is a gorgeous drive!

Teddygirl, Now that's a big family!!!! You sound like a great sister:)

Sandra, Way to go! ^5^. You are such a trooper:) Trust me, now that I'm home, I wish I had cleaned better before I left. I ran out of time and patience but with two sick kids, I'm thinking I had more then than I do now:)

Wendy, Hope you are finding the table of your dreams!LOL!:)

Oh, I started the abs diet from my Oxygen Abs Issue. All of the food is clean and tastes great! I'm hoping it will help me shed the vacation weight and adjust my taste buds to better eating. My DS needs me now. Glad to be back! See you all tomorrow:p

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Sandra, nothing like a good bout of IMax 3 to blast you right off of the bed. I'm glad you made it. Woo hoo!

Tracy, I threatened TOM and then NOTHING. I don't know what's up. That's pretty gross too x( ;-) }(

Nicole, I'm so glad you had a nice trip to Utah. So you caught a few of our rainstorms, eh? Yes, Highland is a pretty area. Sandy's not so bad, either. Sandy is very, very near where I work.

Well, I'm acing for a nice cardio workout tomorrow morning. If I'm feeling really chipper maybe I'll try lower body again. We'll see.
Tomorrow's another day. In fact tomorrow's another FRIDAY. I can't wait!

Have a great night, everyone!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.