Xer Thursday~ (AKA: Sleep Deprived Catheites!)

teddy16410

Cathlete
Oh my word! Its 1:30am I just got up and I see Jeanette posted at 11:30? If thats CA time then she JUST went to bed?!?! I fully expect to see Tracy in my kitchen getting a cup of java! We are CRAZY folks here in Xer land! I drank 2 pots of coffee yesterday-whats everyone else's excuse?:eek:

BESTEST NEWS EVER! Lea & I figured out that when I go to Bakersfield in October we are only 107 miles away from each other! We’re going to make a breakfast or lunch happen if I have to tell my mom I’m going to the store & will BBL;-) ! SO COOL!!!! I’m FINALLY excited about going “home”!

Will keep it brief until personals-
Workout~ CHEST (SH & P90X) + 10*10*10*

As far as talk on nutrition yesterday.... JEEZ ~ Do you people EVER eat?:eek: Thats it- I am back to logging my Eat Clean Mega Results Cooler Plan from Tosca- I wanna be able to post my food with pride too:7

BBL with the 45 page personals that I have to write from yesterday~ You all sure keep my fingers skinny!:*

[font face="tahoma"]Happy THURSDAY Xers![font/tahoma]

General Stuff
~ Bio Identicals: Email me if you want info-In Texas no traditional DR is trained in them… This is not something that insurance covers (99.9%) and it’s a direct $$$ conflict with pharmaceutical HRT’s… Start asking everyone you come in contact with and you’ll get a referral for a good doc- Changed my life 8 months ago…. (Thanks again Cheryl!)

~ Capri talk: Wendell says it looks like all us women are walking around in pants that were on sale because they got cut off in production! Personally I LOVE them but have to be careful too because I’m not all that tall and can look a bit chopped myself! I have 2 pair that make my butt look DELIGHTFUL so I wear them all the time!

~ Xer Tank Stain Talk: ENOUGH! I shall admit to Lea that I got a chocolate ice cream stain on mine the first time I wore it… I have since found BIZ and removed the evidence so from this day forward we shall not talk about the stain that doesn’t exist!

Workout Plan:
Same as it was at 1am

P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S
::::::::::******:::::::::::::::::::::**********:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::******
Tackling Personals Strategically! Afterall- its not the we have people writing rambling posts that can be ignored…There is so much wealth of info hidden deep within all the posts…sometimes I think ya’ll are trying to withhold valuable info by posting things I NEED to know under someone else’s name!

Starting from evening posts on up….. - Should I also do it alphabetically?

[i ]AMY[/i]
What I LOVE about Velocity-D is the lack of “thinking” aka obsessing about what to eat… I can picture your kitchen counters lined up with the massive jugs of powder & supplements! Congrats on seeing some of the bloat weight gone already… That’s motivating enough to stick with it! ~ Happy you got your big w/o in yesterday! You accomplish so much on your off days from hospital! Speaking of- HOW will you make the shake thing work while there? ~ LOL on my complaining about rain- I guess it’s better than complaining about one of us having hurricanes isn’t it?

[i ]CHERYL[/i]
Good rest day for you? I hope you are back in full force today! LOL on the 60 day “Heaven” cycle! Wouldn’t it be awesome IF there were no symptoms!?

[i ]DebraX:[/i]
I miss your 5 posts daily but totally understand that you are keeping active-well that & tanning!) Hugs & kissies to you!!!!

[i ]JEANETTE-X[/i]:
:* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* That’s me blowing you up the hills tonight with Xer Wind! Go J Go! ~Glad to see you got in some yoga- I recall how much you enjoyed & benefited from it during X. It is just so darn hard to fit it all in unless you workout 3 hours a day- NOT ME! My friend/client & I talked about Yoga last night. I think we plan on doing a Yoga session via DVD on our last night together as guinea pig training! That would be fun!~ We drink our coffee the exact same way I see! Wendell won’t drink it anymore because I use 4 scoops per pot and he says it makes his heart race… When we got married I made it w/ 2 scoops- I don’t think I’ve increased I by much over a 6 year period! LOL

[i ]LEA- X[/i]
CRACKED me up on your food list… I don’t know what at least half of it is! LOL I NEED you to write a cookbook! It’s VERY EASY to set it up as an e-book… I looked into it YEARS ago….. Look into it- you’ll be highly motivated!

[i ]LAURIE-XX[/i]
So hope you got to hang with Tony for full 90 minutes yesterday! I know you LOVE his yoga- I still can only manage it in 45 min increments… CONGRATS to DD and OMG about the heat stroke kids! We have had 4 children DIE this year in heat related school activities… I just have to wonder what the he]] these coaches/schools are thinking! Sounds like school activities are back in full swing for you! Do your kids like Pic Day? I DREADED IT and it always showed! Job well done this season with Faire! Do you all go celebrate afterwards?

[i ]NICOLE-X[/i]:
COME UP FOR AIR!!!! We know you’re working hard but REALLY Nic- anything that cuts into this much Xer time just HAS to go! Hope the ortho appt went well and everyone is a happy camper.

[i ]Swifty-X[/i]
Can’t wait to see the flexing pics! You were the talk of the R/T ya know! I CANNOT BELIEVE you are doing X again so soon! Did you pre-order new series? If yes how will you NOT do them the moment they arrive? I am so with you on another round tho once Tony’s new stuff comes out- There is just nothing like it. I applaud you! I highly recommend looking into Bio- Identical Hormones… amazing stuff…. Pricey but it can be written off on taxes as unreimbursed medical so well worth it. I wish you well in your search- it took me several years to take the plunge and I can kick myself for not doing it before.
Feel free to email me with questions/concerns.

[i ]SANDRA-X[/i]
QOD: GUESTS….. Christmas at my house- That’s IT! LOL On the RARE occasions we see friends in Houston (usually at bay) its meet in the middle at a restaurant. On DD2 first Pony Ride- Maybe you can call Wendy’s children’s therapist – We all know that after Child #1 all the “firsts” are just not valued – I know being #3 has scarred me for life! On REAL TIME CHAT: Do ya think we’d blow up the entire www with all of us jabbering at once? Can we go to jail for that? ROFL about all your screen name revelations! You have always been our creative Xer! LOL” Debra and play dates without child! You are SO right about that! She makes me think that’s how I would have been had I had a dtr…. This magazine is a monthly publication that goes out to 85,000 people who live in my community (yep- it’s a biggie!) There are TONS of SAHM & wealthy ladies that don’t work (lots of golf tho!) … That’s really my target market… I’ll be doing a half page ad monthly- this way I can also utilize our community gym (which I’ve been to 3x in 6 years), If they don’t want to train in their own home.

[i ]TEDDYGIRL[/i]
WooHoo on those new clothes! You really do shop as much as Debra and she’s a Shopping Monster! Hope you have Ted – Time (TT) planned SOON to keep that pretty smile on your face!

[i ]TRACY-X[/i]
Funny on your posting food! I think you, Sandra & Lea are in cahoots to put me to shame! Well it worked!!! No more mindless eating… I tried recalling what I ate yesterday and honestly cant tell ya- It wasn’t a lot but it was nowhere close to the nutritional magic my body craves… We did share Coffee as a common factor tho!

[i ]WENDY-X[/i]
When in doubt for cardio subs the Xer rule is MIC x 2! Neighborhood Tea Parties? OH LORDY! I just don’t like women that much! (Except for Xers that is!) LOL on Baby & Gum! I had a dog growing up that begged for our gum! Just looks funny in their poop ~ On OD lately- I have actually ceased reading anything but Xers & blog- Its just bad vibes waiting to attach to others over there. Here’s MY petty thought…. Trolls & just plain negative peeps are a part of life- What gets me are the claims to be “voices of reason” that actually participate. If you DON’T REPLY then thread dies on day 1! Lets talk violations – how will it look when Mother of The Year is plastered all over local news for being hauled off to jail? Do you have any idea what your version of Child Protective Services will do with your 15 children? Do you REALLY think that Phil won’t take full advantage of his new found freedom and sell the half completed house & move into a pricey new condo? GO GET YOUR STUFF TAKEN CARE OF!
On not owning DM? WTH???? That is an absolute MUST have! IMO Its Cathes first REAL functional workout that has GREAT premixes! PUT IT ON YOUR LIST!!!! Just cut back on 2 DD Coffee’s for a month and you’ll be able to buy it!

Going to go do something productive as its close to 3am now- Time to GET BUSY!
:* :* :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

~~~~~~~MORE "Expert" Thoughts for a rainy day read.....~~~~~~~~~

Jen Heath is a fat loss pro who went from being 195 pounds after
having twins to getting fitness model-lean. She recently interviewed
over a dozen of the top fat loss experts in the world.

Find out more about Jen's interviews here

Jen is also an expert trainer with plenty to share...

CB: Why do some beginners drop out?

JH:
The main reason clients fail to contact me when they need help is
because they think they have "fallen off the wagon" or "done
themselves in" with chocolate.

Really, these slight deviations from diet can actually be mentally
refreshing and easily worked around. The problem lies in a
prolonged absence from utilizing me due to feelings of guilt, shame
or failure.

None of my clients are failures. Life happens, and nothing should
stop anyone from using the help they pay for. If a trainer finds
major flaws in their clients for something like this, they are not
worth having as trainers.

CB: What do you think about cardio for fat loss?

JH:
When I see people ding only cardio at the gym every time I see
them, it is no wonder that they look the same year after year.

They are always trying to get rid of that "flabby tricep" or that
"last bit of fat" on their abs. Cardio in volumes won't do it.

Weight training will. Smart nutrition with weight training and an
appropriate and not egregious amount of cardio is the way.

CB: Why is that?

JH:
I am certain that it is because there is an intimidation factor
associated in people's minds with weights. This can be complicated
further more by the idea that weights will make them bulky.

CB: Jen, you use weights, but look fantastic, not bulky.

JH:
I am not bulky, but I don't eat volumes of food over maintenance
either. The only way to "bulk up" is to eat over maintenance
calories.

The only way to get started on burning fat effectively is to eat
enough to give you body the energy it needs to do it! It is truly
time to get off the machines, and find a combination of weight
training and nutrition that will yield the true results women are
after.

CB: What are some other problems with fat loss programs?

JH:
Changing training schemes and nutritional plans too soon is a huge
deterrent from success in physique goals.

Training plans are best implemented on a 6-8 week basis, with lots
of progression in the weights during this time.

The best thing to do is to focus on increasing the weights lifted,
or beating records form the workout before. Once the inevitable
results start coming from being consistent, it becomes much easier
to feel dedicated to a particular plan for a sufficient amount of
time.

CB: What about diet plans?

JH:
The same goes for nutrition. Nutrition is most of the results we
getting the gym to begin with as I stated at the beginning of this
interview.

You can never know how well a nutritional outline will work for you
if you don't give it a fair chance. This involves a minimum of 4
weeks eating a certain way before determining whether it is
effective for your body.

Again, the tendency here is just that we want results sooner,
better, faster. Realizing that those kinds of results are the ones
that don't last can be a major stepping stone in achieve a lean
sexy body over a longer period of time, one that lasts!

CB: Any fat loss tips outside of eating and exercising?

JH:
It is imperative to get enough sleep. It is one of those things
that must be decided upon and done. Get as much done as you can,
make sleep a priority and go to bed. Most things can wait till the
morning.

Hi all,

I opened up the page and thought Traci it up already! I woke up at 3:30 and just laid there until I fell back asleep. It was a fitful night's sleep. I'm sure I'll pay for it today.

Traci - Ugghh..... no sleep. I was skimming JH's comments. For me the bottom line is that you have to make healthy eating a way of life, decide what your goals are, and then try to be realistic about your nutrition /training/ and goals. If you want to be lean and toned, and considered fit, I really think that you have to have a combination of weights, proper nutrition, and cardio. I have a hard time considering someone fit if they do not have cardiovascular fitness too. If your goal is to be a certain WEIGHT, then you can probably acheive that by working out consistently and watching your calorie intake. Everything that I've read lately still goes back to the idea that you can't consume more than you burn. Within that number of calories, it's everyone's personal choice whether they want to just eat whatever they want, or they want to fuel their body with the cleanest nutrients to help it to build lean muscle. Eating is a choice and I think that everyone has to be realistic about the choices they make and what results they will probably yield as far as body composition is concerned. JMO....It is not easy because we are bombarded with processed food choices, bigger portions, fatty foods, etc.

Today is a probably going to be a rest day for me. I managed to crank out PUB ch/sh/tri using the same weights I did on Saturday, but went to failure going down the pyramid with the middle weight on bench and side laterals. I was able to finish up with the lightest weight. Doing PUB so heavy with that little rest should improve my strength, but it is flirting with getting an injury. No more upper for me this week. I'm able to squat 3x15 with 65 lbs and used 36 for single leg squats, then I had to go down for the rest. I don't want another back injury:)

I ended up having to dring a protein shake at 7pm (35g protien, 11 carbs) right after my weight work because I was cooked. I wasn't hungry for dinner, so I drank another 16 oz of milk and went to bed (16 g protein, 15 carbs).

I'll try to catch up with everyone later.

Tracy

Good morning,

TraciX, you make me laugh. Thanks for being such a ray of sunshine on these dark, chilly mornings. I wish I could have gotten back to you about the Fluid Power sequences, although probably any yoga would help the back. What did you end up doing? Yes, I eat. All the time. Me likey my food :9 :9 . I made homemade pizza the other day that is to die for. The nice thing was that the crust was whole wheat, and my appetite was sated with just one thick slice. I always find store-bought pizzas unsatisfying, with the high sodium making me crave something sweet. I made a vegan pizza for myself, and added meats and cheese on the other one. I drizzled some sundried tomato/roasted garlic olive oil on my pizza, in lieu of the cheese :9 :9 :9 :9 Oooooh, now you have a reason to look forward to going to Bakersfield! That will be wonderful to meet up with LeaX!! What an interesting combo you've been doing this week: SH and P90X. Enjoy that chest work. he he. LMAO about your cardio recommendation to WendyX. Better be careful, though, or she won't want to play with us anymore. The magazine idea sounds terrific. Are you prepared to turn people down because your roster is full? What? Are we back to posting food again? Let's see.....yesterday I ate:
pre yoga: Extreme Green smoothie
breakie: homemade ww toast with almond butter and 2xfruit strawberry/rhubarb jam
lunch: leftover pizza (1 slice), grapes
snack: chocolate burrs (2), a few nuts
supper: lentil soup, salad, orange juice
dessert: chocolate burrs (2)
Hey, that wasn't so bad. The chocolate burrs are small and made with old-fashioned oatmeal. Had to make the kids a treat, and gave them all some to take home, so there isn't much left.

TracyX - I wonder if the shake and the milk were what kept you from having a good sleep last night? I've noticed, personally, that when I eat too close to bedtime, it stimulates my brain and keeps me from getting a good sleep. Funny how I can skip the pre-bedtime eating when my sleep is on the line, but not just because I'm trying to watch my calorie intake. An immediate penalty is more effective than a long-term one, apparently.

LeaX - Get ready.....TraciX is a'comin'!! What is raw chocolate?

Anointed - did you get all your workouts in yesterday?

JeanetteX - Which bits of Shiva did you do yesterday? I did the Solar Flow II, which is 85 mins, and rather strength focused. Lots of backbends, which have made my whole back and butt a bit DOMSy today. No drugs needed to watch the kids yesterday, thank goodness. The 6,6,6,&7 year olds mostly played in DDs room, with her toys and their imagination. They were really good...not much fighting, and lots of cooperation. Yeah, DD#2 was tickled by the pony ride. She was scared at first, but I held onto her the whole time, and she relaxed and smiled. Oh, I love zucchini bread. I may have to pull out my Laurel's Kitchen bread book and see if she's got a recipe for that in there.

SwiftAmyX - Round 2!!!!! You go girl!!! I need much more variety in my workouts. Maybe if Tony would ever get those new workouts released, I might do another round (MIGHT!!!).

Cheryl - What's on the to-do list for today?

Amy - I guess not 3 mornings in a row, huh? Did your shakes arrive? Are you wallowing in the choices now?

LaurieXX - Ooooh my on the heat stroke for the kids. Not good. So proud of DD on your behalf. She must run like wind. Hope YogaX was good for you yesterday. Seems to have been a yoga day for many of us.

NicoleX - I hope the paper is done, and today's workout is good, whatever you've got on dock.

WendyX - LMAO...you didn't know you don't own DM?? Very funny! Go buy it. It's excellent. Nice sub, though. OD is not a fun place anymore. I skim a bit, post even less, and come over here where it's pleasant. The creation of this Check In Forum has really changed the OD Forum. People have splintered off into smaller groups and seem to stick with their group more than they used to. What did you serve at these "tea" parties?

Hello (big wave) to everyone!

I need to go do Low Impact Circuit now.
Cheers,
SandraX

Good Morning Xers!

Sorry I've been MIA the last few days, I was making myself take a computer time-out ;-) I do that every now and then. The bunny is doing much, much better. He's acting pretty normal and has a check-up tomorrow to make sure as much. The older kiddos started soccer this week, so it's even more running around now (plus other activities starting in the next 2 weeks). As for workouts, I'll be tackling KP&C today (I never did get to it on Sunday). I hope you all have a great day and I'll BBL for personals!!

Carol

Good Morning,

I’m blessed this morning, just needed to say that, so I can get it deep into my soul with HELL breaking loose in my life, I am blessed. Now that I got too vent in a good way:) :)

Last night, finished washing and packing, this evening hair and pedicure, and we are leaving Friday @ 5am I’m the only driverx( x( therefore, need to get a good night's sleep.

TracieX, Thanks for the 411 very interesting and so our your workouts, you are doing so good, when I grow up I want to be just like you :) :) That’s real my friend.

TraceyX: hey you!:D We are going to Portsmouth Virginia, Yahooie :+ am finally able to get away for a few days.

This morning, I did a 30 minute jog and Pour Hour I ran out of time and did not do me abs, will do tonight before I hit the bed may even do CoreMax as well. I'll be back

SandraX: Nope, I did not have time to do L&G, its okay, but I did lots of ripping and running does that count for ANYTHING :eek: lol. I’m afraid not:eek: I have much to do this evening. I’m over packed going to eliminate a few more clothing, come on now 3 day visit and I got 8 pair of shoes packed not too mention the many clothing, duh! Why am I taking 2 swimsuits, really!!!!

I talked to my brother yesterday, He’s working on getting me and sister Navy log cabin not called that, but it a Military hotel or something or whatever it’s called. Any who, I asked him, brox( do you have a treadmill, yep and elliptical machine, Stair Stepper, Sauna, Steam Room and a Total Gym, DUH!! man oh man, that’s right up me alley. Now, I don't want room, just think, I can get up and do my THANG, workout heaven.

Good morning,
Today was most of GS Chest & Triceps (left off the tricep kickbacks with the band), then did 2 segments of SJP Hi-Lo, and then the abs/planks from SJP as I don't think I've had any abwork this week (except for eating). I was shaking during GS C&T, though I did the pushups on my knees. It's a great workout. Tonite will be my last hill climb competition. My goal is to keep my heart rate in a good place where I'm not hurting all the way up to the top. If I beat my last time, that'll be a plus.

Traci, those 3 coffees before bedtime were a bad idea, I didn't drift off until well after midnight and then up again at 4:00 this morning. What was I thinking? That's me to push my luck. So cool that you get to meet with Lea!!! I'm so jealous. I used to live in Taft, CA when I was in 6th and 7th grade. Hot country for sure. Thanks so much for the good tailwind wishes for tonite. I'll be thinking of all of you and wishing you could all suffer with me for the 40 minutes that it takes to get up this hill. No racing heart rate for me with the coffee yet, but then again, I'm not up to 4 scoops yet. I sure like the taste of it better when it's stronger. How did I miss that for so long? Thanks for posting the interview with Jenn Heath. Very interesting. Her statement about getting your sleep hit me good. Got to lay off the coffee at 10:00 p.m. huh?

Tracy, enjoy that rest day today. I wasn't working to failure today during the chest work for GS Chest, though I was shaking good, but my triceps plumb gave out on the cross arm extensions. I had to use my other arm to help it back up.

Anointed, hope you have the BEST time in Virginia. What kind of activities will you be doing? Is Ted going too? I keep telling myself I need to get Power Hour sometime but haven't yet done it.

Sandra, your pizza sounded wonderful. It's been a long time since I've indulged in that, though I did have lasagne last week. Hmmm, for Shiva, I did the supine poses, one of the dancing warriors, shoulder opener, shavasana, and I can't remember what else. Not a full 60 minutes, probably like 40 or 45 I think. It did feel good though. Glad Nicole put it in the rotation. So glad the kids were good for you yesterday. We fought a LOT when we were kids, always teasing, pinching and pulling hair and such. Don't know how Mom and Dad made it.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Hi all! Just wanted to post quickly to let you know I am still alive. I ended up doing yoga yesterday because I needed a bit of emotional centering and it was really just the ticket. I love Eion! I am going to do Kenpo today to get out a little pent up aggression (music and cues only so I don't have to listen to another man talk) and then I am off to run tons of errands that I didn't do yesterday since I was a lazy person at the pool. Then I will do SH chest and back tomorrow and be back on track...sort of!

Traci...Should have called me at 1:30...I was up then too...I actually went to bed at 9:30 (incredibly unusual for me!!) but then woke up after 1 and didn't get back to sleep until around 4...Yuck! I have to be careful with capris too since I am also a shorty. But anything your butt looks good in is a good thing! I am very jealous that you and Lea will get to hook up this fall. Have a great workout today. I promise you do not want to see what I eat in a day...it would make you cringe with horror!

Tracy...Enjoy your rest day...I am sure you more than deserve it! Thanks for the observations on weight and eating...I totally agree that to lose weight you HAVE to watch what you eat...but I think there are so many people out there who are "skinny fat" since they don't eat properly. I am sure that I am guilty of this to an extent...but I just got a couple of new cookbooks for people who are cooking only for one or maybe 2 people...so I am hoping those will inspire me to actually cook more dinners...I am really used to cooking larger amounts and I hate eating leftovers, so I think these will help... and they are health conscious recipes too.

Carol...Nice to see you pop on! Hope you get to your workout today with everything else you have to do!!

Teddygirl...Yes, you are blessed...even if the sh*t is hitting the fan! Have a great day at work! Why are you going to Portsmouth? Family?

Sandra...Have fun with LIC today...I guess your baby is heading back to school on Monday...Is she excited? I agree with your observations about OD..I actually forget to check it out most days...Someone is always saying something stupid or nasty...which I really just don't understand. Why can't people just live and let live? What always amazes me is that people get so riled up over another person's post...people they do not even know!! Do they not have enough people in their own life to be mad at instead of being mad at people you don't even know?? Whatever!

Hi to everyone else...Promise to make it back later this afternoon to catch up with everyone else. Wish me luck in kicking out all of my frustrations...and hopefully getting all my errands done in record time!
Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Good Morning Ladies,

Checking in before we head out for art lessons. Tonight is yoga class. I doubt I'll have time to squeeze in getting my drivers license renewed. Crossing all my movable joints Traci's scenario doesn't happen! LOL

DM really? Are you sure? Next y'all will be telling me I HAVE to buy BM2. I have snippets of these already on CF. I thought that was good enough for lazy me. I'll have to reconsider.

Quickly:

Nicole, Yes! I got your email. I will be emailing you back later today! Thanks!!!!:*

Sandra, No, I didn't get your email. Did you PM me or email me? I'll have to take a look at my account.

Carol, Nicole puts herself on computer time-out too and tries to blame her dh! HA-HA.

Traci, You want to know what I ate yesterday.... breakfast: 7 grain hot cereal, lunch: peanut butter crackers and a plum, dinner: salad, angel hair pasta with hot sausage and a small slice of garlic cheese bread. Snack: 1 scoop of chocolate chip mint ice cream on a sugar cone. I know I didn't eat enough, and it wasn't balanced.:p ;)

Debra, LOLOLOL on not having enough people in their life in which to unleash their anger. I almost choked on my coffee!

Okay Ladies! Times up. Gotta brush my teeth and throw water on my face. BBL for more personals. Hi to all who follow!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Oh my goodness. Traci and Lea will get to meet??? I am so jealous!!!! Traci, sorry you couldn't sleep. Your new client is with you again tonight, yes? I'm very curious if that goes well and I know that it will!

Netta, nice combo workout! Love that GS Chest and Tris.

Teddygirl, yes, we are all very blessed, aren't we? Sometimes it's good to stop and remember that.

Debra, sorry you couldn't sleep. Glad you got some yoga to center you. You are on my mind right now - what you're going through is too close to home for some of us. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, eventually.

Yes, Traci, I am thankfully back in full form after yesterday's rest day. Meant to go running but there was rain - so I pulled out Boot Camp. Yowza! Didn't feel like it at first, but by the end was really glad I had done it. Always love this one (when it's over). Love the ab segment in every cyle.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! It's almost Friday and a holiday weekend! I can't wait!!

Cheryl

GS C&T + SJP "All 4 Hi/Lo Add-On" Premix

Hey all,

Getting ready to do my workout. Friend of DH's woke us up at 6:45 which is the crack of dawn for me;) I'll be typing out the paper today and then it's over! Lots of cool stuff learned about food. I'll definitely be eating differently because of it. Maybe I'll post it one of these days. Missed chatting yesterday:(

BBL,

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Jeanette and Debra

Teddy Ted Nooooooo :)Wayyyyyyy:) Not sure of the activities, my sister’s wants to hit the beach, its understandable:) NOT I!!! I remember the last time I went to VB, the beach water was unbelievable NASTY couldn't even swim the water was so salty if water touched my lips they'd dried up and smelled like SH%%, maybe just a bad ocean year :+

Me I’m going to hang out and maybe go out one night, well, who knows the big event is Saturday at my brothers home, he even has a swiming pool the works. Some of my brothers are coming from North and South Carolina. I also have another brother that live in VA, and I can't wait to see my baby brother, remember I have HUGE family :7 :)

I heard my brother mention, he’s having his Navy buddies single:p :9 and married friend over to. YAY! Brother and his wife are cooking my GOD when he told me the menu I was like duh! Not only is he trying to get rooms for us girls but for everyone even his out of town friends. My brother just wants all the family to gather to have One Big Family Reunion.

Good morning girls. How are you doing today? I did Sean Corne's Vinyasa Flow Yoga and man am I feeling it after not doing yoga for what seems like years. But it is so good to get back to it.

Not too much time for personal right now, but I will try my best without ignoring the kids too much:p .

Traci X - How excited am I to finally meet the great Traci X? I am honored that you would take the time out for a visit. I really can't wait. I seriously hope you are sleeping at this very moment. I can't wait to read you posts from this morning. But I need to find some time, since you wrote a book!!!

Tracy X - I hope you have a good rest day and that the awful night's sleep doesn't come to haunt you. Take care.

Anointed - Have a great trip in Virginia. Please be safe!

Sandra X - Your pizza sounds deliscious. What is in an extreme green smoothie? Raw chocolate is from the cacao bean. It is pure chocolate that has not been processed. It is either cut up in chunks (cacao nibs) or ground up in powder (raw chocolate powder). They even sell the whole beans. It is really good for you. Unfortunately it can be a little bitter x( so I usually make a dessert or smoothie with it where I can add agave nectar or some other kind of natural sweetener. And the almond milk is soooo easy to make. Soak raw almonds for about 8 hours (I usually do it over night), drain the water then put the almonds in a blender with some fresh water and blend. Get a cheese/nut cloth and drain the milk out into a bowl and wellah, almond milk. Sometimes I mix vanilla and again some kind of sweetener with it. Ok, time to be quiet. I could go on and on about food. As far as having guests over to eat, who really wants to eat at my house with all of this healthy food they never heard of??? And no one really invites us. Hmmm...kind of sad. I think I will go hide now. I will be more than happy to set up a real time chat. Do you have any more requests??????:+

Carol - Hi there. I don't think that we ever met. But love the crunchymom. I think we will get along great!!!

Jeanette - Hi there. Stop drinking coffee at night!! Seriously girl. What are you doing to yourself??? You need your sleep. UGH!! Golf sounds really fun. I know that it is a real mental game(at least that is what DH says). You are really getting out and enjoying life aren't you??

Well, I better go and get my kid ready for school. BBL for more personals on all the fabulous ladies that I have missed. Big obnoxious hello to Wendy, Cheryl, Nicole, Swifty, Amy, Laurie and anyone else I missed. Have a great day:* !!

Lea X

Good Morning! Yes, Sandra, I was up early again this morning, but I made breakfast for DH and had my shake and coffee with him, so I'm here a bit on the later side.

One thing that DH commented on was that since changing my diet, I've been more restless in bed at night. I've been sleeping, but just not my usual "sleep of the dead". I counterpointed with the fact that I have TONS more energy, so that's why I'm restless. I am waking up clear headed, not groggy and actually have been having a hard time staying still for an afternoon nap!

Traci- Yes, my shipment came yesterday and I have been enjoying the additions....banana, orange and strawberry. I had a banana-strawberry shake with flax seed this morning and it was yummy. I am planning on hunting up some of the SF syrups later if I get bored, or maybe just the flavorings in the grocery store...who knows. I am sorry that you didn't sleep well last night. LOL on Wendell's view of capris. I tend not to look good in them because my calves/ankles are large, so they make my legs look like tree stumps, but I wear them anyway}(

Wendy- Holy cow, I still can't keep up with you!:7

Jeanette- I hope that your ride went well. How was golf? I liked Sandra's question about the joke!:7

Today's agenda.....let's see.....mow the lawn, take the TV to the repair shop, go for a walk, oh, and dinner with DH!

Lea- that almond milk sounds devine! I love almonds!!!

BBL:* :* :*

Morning Xers,

Workout: Gabby Reece Total Body Workout

I had to deal with a minor problem yesterday when I got home, so I didn't get to do YogaX. :( Oh well instead I decided that Bryan Kest would be a good sub :D I did Power Yoga Tone, which turned out to be just what I needed. I just needed to do some type of yoga. :) DD10 had her open house for school, and her picture taken. I had to blow dry the hair and use the curling iron on it. I'm not very good at this stuff, but she looked cute. :)

Man I'm suppose to remember what I ate yesterday. Let me see,
B: 1 Egg, 2 Egg Whites, Turkey Bacon, Broccoli, Whole Grain English Muffin.
S: Missed (just was too busy)
L: Chicken on WW Bread, with tomato, lettuce, mustard. Pineapple
S: Cliff Energy Bar Chocolate Chip, Apple
D: Southwest Chicken Salad from McDonalds, Veggie baked crackers.
Small Brownie

Overall not to bad, just wish I wouldn't miss snacks.

Ok everyone stop drinking coffee, drinking shakes if it is going to make you not get the proper sleep you need. Crazy people around here! :D

Sandra, LOL about the grocery shopping clarification. Isn't it nice when you can have a house full of children, and not even know it. Glad they had so much fun playing together. :) And yes I do enjoy watching Nascar. My Dad was an auto mechanic and felt it was necessary for his DD's to have their face under the hood of a car. :) My DH was first attracted to me because I talked about cars with him on our first date. I have been to many car shows, because DH has two collector cars a 68 Oldsmobile 442, and a 68 Oldsmobile Toronado. I went to races as a kid also.

Nicole, We will be around when you are finished with your project.

Wendy, DH won't touch the girls hair. And that is why sometimes I would pick them up from daycare (when they where babies) and the hair would not have seen a comb. :D Of course I think that men do these things on purpose so they never have to do them again. :D

Jeanette, My favorite driver in Nascar is Matt Kenseth. He is of course a WI native, so I have to cheer for our home grown. :D Mike Skinner is still driving, but only in the Busch and Truck. I have always liked Mark also. It can get frustrating at times when I can't get in contact with the parental units. But then if they are gone they done get to talk to me. :D

Traci, Your posts have been making me LOL. I am enjoying all the disclaimers also. :7 As you can see I didn't have a chance to work out with Tony yesterday. I knew that if I got into the workout I would be late for dropping oldest off at XC practice. I so get into the Yoga Zone! :) We had on death from heat in this area also. Apparently this young lady had one of those energy drinks and then started running track. Now they have put down the mandate the no one use these drinks. They can drink a Coke or Pepsi and it will do the same thing, but not as quickly of course. :-( Youngest DD was relly cute, and you could tell this stuff was like old hat for her. Miss Independent! :) You get to meet Lea, that is so great!

Anointed, Have a great time with your family. That is so great that you get to still workout while you are there. Your brother sounds like he is actually enjoying getting everyone together so he can cook for them. :)

Debra, You go girl, Kenpo X is a great workout to get that frustration factor out of your system. :)

Lea, I felt the same way about doing Yoga yesterday. Now I ask myself why did I neglect the practice. :D

Cheryl, I agree with you on BC, it has that dread factor to begin with. When you are done you feel like you just climbed a mountain or is that mountain climbers. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Howdy Xers!

Wendy -- I'm glad school is going well :D Are you seriously working out before doing school work??? If so, kudos!! Not me, lady! lol. I have not been working out, though, unfortunately. I tend to get overwhelmed easily, so I had to take a major time out (everything except school, basically) but I feel ready to jump back in today!! What a major pain about your driver's license. Just when you thought all the hassle with the car was over... ugh!

Traci-X -- I love capris, too :D I have a pair that fit and 2 that don't :( Darn thighs!

Debra -- I'm glad you enjoyed Eoin and his bliss ;-) I hope you have a great workout today!

Lea X -- Hi! I met Wendy on the RT earlier this month and she invited me to join the group :D I'm a homeschooler like her, too, so I spend a lot of time doing that with my kiddos (ages 9, 6 and almost 4). Your boys are gorgeous! How old are they? How long have you been gone?

Hi to everyone else! I'm not too sorry I missed the drama over in the Open Forum, lol. I hope you have a great day!

Carol

Hi all,

I’m actually at work at a conference, but my session ended early so I have lots of time.

Lea – Do you use raw almonds? Salted? Does the chocolate taste like chocolate?

Carol – I hope things get back on track and you get your workouts in.

Laurie – I love B.Kest. I might do that today. Your meals are more balanced than mine. I’m trying to work on that. Missing meals is not good for me. Then I want to overeat.

Amy – How long are you staying on the shakes? I must have missed that. It surely simplifies mealtime.

Annointed – I live in Va, but farther up north. VA beaches are not too good; especially if you know better. Enjoy your trip.

Nicole – Happy paper writing.

Cheryl – I haven’t done BC in ages. I did give it to DS and he reminded me how hard it is. Don’t you feel better after having done it?

Wendy – Good luck at the DMV. I hate ours.

Debra – The tone of your emails sounds a little better. Are you doing OK?

Jeanette – I hate those tricep kickbacks with the band. By the time I get to that point, I usually do both arms at once for the weighted and band kickbacks just to get done.

Sandra – It may have been the milk. It also was my hip. I’ve had some lingering issues with the hip groin and the heavy weights seem to aggravate it. What is an extreme green smoothie?

Traci -Are you sleeping?

Well, back in to suffer through another boring 2-3 hours. How unproductive this day is.

Tracy

Phil came home early from work today.:) Had a load of laundry in the washer by the time I got back from art lessons.:) I'll be back tonight for personals. Off I go to smother dh with :* :* :* :* !

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.