Xer Monday.... Magical Monday of Course

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~ Hard & Heavy / Cycle Day 9~~~~~~~~

*Leaner Legs Standing
*Shoulders of APX, GS

Obviously back to one upper part per day :7 – At least until my next recovery week. I am also following Lower Body Solution Rotation (legs M-F) at least until I get done with all my vacations… The actual LBS Rotation is 6 days legs but I don’t like to commit to weekend workouts in summer so I’m just doing the 5.
Here’s the general premise…
M: Legs Standing with Weights
T: Floor Work- Focus Buns/Hips
W: Leg Cardio – Plyos and such
TH: Floor Work – Focus Thighs/Hips
F: Legs Standing (lite/no wts)
S: Kick

Boy it was a quiet Xer weekend!

:7 TracyX Congrats on the BF! My goodness that’s what most of us spend a lifetime trying to conquer! You are so motivating! So much of your success started once you were ON the IL! LOL- There really is no excuse to get flabby EVER now! I am so inspired – How many months have you been on the Yoga daily regimen? Is TONE a yoga by Shiva? I’m sure you’ve said but I must have missed it. You seem to like it a lot. A big *sigh* on mother drama… I totally relate/live thru/deal with myself. I am from a family of martyrs and do believe it was perfected with my grandmothers generation! My mom almost missed her granddaughters wedding a few years back because we were doting on the bride too much! LOLOLOL

:7 Wendy: LOL on Phil’s “perfect” Fathers Day! You are a slave driver!!!! Did he at least get breakfast in bed? Burnt toaster waffles perhaps? FLUIDITY! I am so interested too- I just don’t know if I’d stick to a program like that – I think TracyX has proven that those types of workouts can do wonders but doing them consistently is the real key! You get it first and let me know if I need to spend the $$.... THEN we can do a rotation together! Hope Kenpo got done – maybe you just discovered Kenpo Sweat!- They have those blazing hot Yoga studios ya’ know! CONGRATS on PY4H!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! You’ll LOVE licking ice cream off your own thighs! LOLOLOL

:7 Cheryl: Your LowMax day sounds great! It really is one of Cathes best IMO! That could be because I can get all the choreography tho! LOL
I’m sure Your Fathers Day dinner was a masterpiece as usual! I do hope all your “kids” realize that in this day & age a mom who calls in the family from near & far every single Sunday is a saint!

:7
Sandra X
LOL- You went off to bake bread and do LIC- YOU DISAPPEARED!!!!! My first thought went to the "I Love Lucy" episode of the bread making! Thanks for the smile! I do hope you just got busy but that all is well! I can actually smell baked bread from reading everyone’s posts on Saturday…. Can you tell we are all carb addicts!

:7
AMY
Congrats on the FullBody Workout!! I agree that there is a learning curve with some of these moves! I also try and remember that we don’t have “spotters” to help us with form and the minute details so it takes a bit more effort to learn correctly. I know that mirrors can assist greatly but it’s hard to see every angle. I am using 3# wts and my 5# body bar (as BB) when I practice new moves so I can better look at my angles etc in mirror. I LOVE that you are loving your new eating plan! You took to it immediately!

Many Hugs and well wishes to all the Xers out there!!!!! I do believe its week 11 for Laurie X and Wendy???? OMG! This is the final stretch! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:7 :7 :7 :7

Good Morning to our NEWEST certified person here!!! I had to laugh to find you here this early!!!

Tonight's been busy, but good. I had a hard time getting up for work tonight...super tired. But, I was able to drag my butt out of bed and onto the elliptical for some steady-state cardio. I just couldn't face HIIT today! That stuff kicks my butt!!!

Okay, off to be nurse-y. I am sorry that I have been scarce this weekend! DH and I are going out for breakfast in the morning after he has his blood drawn for labwork. I still have to decide what I'm going to get....

Hi all,

Today I may flip my schedule and do a walk and yoga and do upper tomorrow. I'm not sure yet. If I don't switch it, then I end up with a run and then bike the next day and that is not the best.

Traci - Yes family issue are ridiculous and I refuse to waste life fretting about stupid stuff. It is just so stupid. Your leg workout looks like freestyle. That is smart to leave the weekends open. I always plan in for travel.

Amy - I can't wait to get my eliptical. I'm going to start with the steady state stuff. I'm hoping to get DS girlfriend on it as she is very over weight.

Hi to all who follow.

Tracy

Good morning,

This weekend was very nice. The blackpowder shoot was a lot of fun. I didn't shoot (DH did), but I did throw the hawk and knife and did okay. I got a few pictures and will try to post them soon. Bike ride was good, nice conditions, a bit windy on the way back but tolerable, not too hot on the climb, but I got those nasty inner thigh leg cramps at around mile 100 (still had 8 miles to go). I got them last year at around that point in the ride too. Had to get off my bike a couple times to stretch the inner thighs. Think it's a combo of hydration, electrolyte imbalance and just plain old fatigue. I did a bit of research on it and may try some different things. Everyone is different so what works for some....

Didn't see my Dad yesterday, called and they weren't home so didn't get the wine carboy delivered either. Will try to visit after work today and then mow lawns.

Traci, your rotation looks interesting, working legs so much. I get torn between wanting to work them more, but don't feel I should so often if I have bike events that require "fresh legs". Congrats on the certification!!! Whoohoo!!! Wish I were closer and you could be my trainer! I'd love that!!!

Amy, have a nice breakfast with your DH. I love going out to breakfast! I know what you mean about not wanting to face the intense cardio. Today's GR 1000 felt pretty intense for the cardio sections, though they are short. Think I've been missing them because they sure made me huff and puff today.

Tracy, when do you get your new eliptical? They seem to be popular.

Got to go, won't try to even catch up on personals. I've got to start trying to get more stuff done around here!

Jeanette

Good Morning Ladies!

I can't believe I'm starting week 11 already! Man time FLIES! OMG! You won't believe what I just realized!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did week 11 last week instead of week 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SUCH AN AIRHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to look at my black book to figure out today's workout and saw that they flip flop back and forth the last phase. Deep breath! I'll just do week 10 this week. It's okay. I'll be okay just as soon as I get my coffee and put this all into perspective.

I CAN'T BELIEVE Y'ALL DIDN't WARN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Well, I do remember Sandra curiously asking what week I was doing. I just didn't catch a clue. sigh

Excuse me while I run to DDcoffee before I cry.

Wendy

Wendy, as hard as you work, I'd have a hard time calling you an airhead!!

Jeanette, sounds like you had a good weekend.

Tracy, the Yoga sounds nice. Sounds like you're leaning that way...

Amy, have fun at work! x( :eek: }(

Traci, yep, now you're officially certifiable and certified. What a great feeling. I am still basking in your reflected glow I am so darn proud of you, girl! What a great feeling. DH must be very proud (and relieved, given how hard you had to work on that deal) }(

I loved my workout today. The last half of Low Max (love it, love it, love it) plus GS Back, Shoulders and Bi's. Just enough of everything to make me happy. I realize that in my past I've underestimated what Low Max is and always pulled it out on a tired day (thinking Low intensity means lower effort), which means that I've almost never done it all the way through. It was fun to catch the last half of that workout today.

Here's to a marvelous Monday to all who follow!

:7 :7 :7
Cheryl

Good Morning:)

Wonderful weekend with grand kids, boy did they wear me down.

Tonight’s workout, I’m doing legs not sure which one :)

Teddygirl~

Happy Mid Morning Xers…. Just popping in before I have to hit the workouts today- Been running errands all over the city and am finally back where it’s safe!

Cheryl:
It’s so funny you mention that about LowMax… It wasn’t until I was doing P90X (PLYO X ) that I really understood what the heck I was suppose to be doing in all the Imax’s. Once I understood its about the leg work I shifted completely how I did those…Imax’s for me use to be just intense cardio (which my body does not like on a regular basis) so when I shifted focus I actually saw great lower body results. YES – Wendell was thrilled about the AFPA- he said “I don’t know why you doubt yourself- you have always accomplished everything you really set your mind to.” He’s a sweetie!

Wendy:
ROFL- You NEVER stop cracking me up! It IS very easy to go on auto pilot with X phase 3! LOLOLOLOL

Jeanette X
What a fabulous weekend! You must be EXHAUSTED! I laughed… “cramps around mile 100”…. Good lordy woman! Ya think????

Tracy X
Probably a good idea to switch your days up… wasn’t it last week that left you stiff again by back to back running/biking days?

Amy:
Have a yummy breakfast! You so deserve that little extra after pulling night shifts! Yep- Sandy got me up at 1:30- after being able to sleep with me at bay she is a nightmare back at home where she cant come into bedroom- They get in fights over bedroom so we had to stop that a couple of years ago…. She just gets lonely I think.

TeddyGirl:
Glad those grand babys kept you busy! Hows the newly revised diet going?

Well cant put it off any longer… Time to hit the weights.
Good day to all!!!!

TracieX: your 5 day leg routine, I like it :) As far as my diet goes, yep, sticking with plan, eating much more protein and I feel better to. My grand kids we had a blast, talking about :D fun we stayed up all night:D every night:D. Saturday, I took them to see Fantastic 4 it was pretty good, and I loved the special effects.

Hi all,

I'm here. I want to chat longer and pick up on the topics that were discussed on the weekend, but that will have to wait a bit longer. I wish I could say I was busy doing interesting stuff, but it's just life's regular business taking up my time.

Yesterday was my rest day, but I did some yoga: Shiva Rea's Fluid Power - Hip Opener sequence (77mins).

Today is Power Hour, and I plan to add on some push/pull/chin up circuits, either between each body part in the PH workout, or tacked on at the end.

TraciX - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Cheers,
Sandra

Aternoon Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk11/Day3/Rnd2
Workout: Shoulders & Arms / B&G Stability Ball Abs / 3 Mile Run

Sorry I can't chat longer, busy again today. Can't believe what time it is. :) This is the first time I have had to put my greeting as afternoon. :) Just wanted to let you all know I was still here.

Have a great day!

laurie

Had my tantrum. Now, it's time for personals! :)

Traci-X: Glad you were able to find humor at my oversight. ;-) I don't know why I never caught it this past week. I even knew in the back of my head that Phase 3's weeks flopped back and forth between the two different weekly rotations. I guess I'm on autopilot these days. The Lower Body Solution rotation looks good. I bookmarked the website as a post-X option. I'll be interested in hearing how it works for your legs. You're not the first person to accuse me of working Phil hard. I have a nice whip stored for special occassions. :+ Since he gets up before me, I got coffee in bed. I did offer to take him out to lunch. But, he wanted to work on the kitchen. I did give him something special after he finished working. }( }( Oh! Didn't you know? I ALREADY own Fluidity! LOL I love it. I wouldn't spend the money on it unless you're really into barre workouts. Even then, you can still use iballets, Lotte Berk, The Bar Method and Callenetics without the Fluidity Barre. I like its stability. I can do modified pull-ups and put my body weight on it without it falling over. It's nice for stretching. However, I think I might get more stretch and flexiblity from Yoga. And, I already have a real pull-up bar I can use for modified pull-ups. From the looks of things, I may be able to do some unassisted real soon!:D Oh! Kenpo is done. Kenpo could make me sweat in the tundra! :7 I'm soooo excited to finally get Eion in the house! I think Phil will benefit from it too. Licking ice cream off my thighs? Hmmm, sounds like a perfect couples workout!:p }( :7 BTW, what is APX?

Amy: What did you have for breakfast? Pancakes?:9 You deserve a nice treat for sticking with your new diet. Glad it's working so well for you!

Tracy-X: Switching it up sounds like a good plan. Hope your dinner last night was still enjoyable!

Jeanette-X: You had a nice weekend! I'm suprised you didn't elaborate on the convience of having the generator. :7 It's been decades since I rode a bike. I never knew your inner legs could cramp from riding. Then again, I NEVER rode a bike for 100 miles!!!!!!:7 :7 Way to go!

Cheryl: Thanks for your kind words. When my home gets chaotic, so does my mind. I even forgot my hair coloring appointment last Thursday. I can't believe I forgot! You'd think those gray roots would have prompted me to remember! LowMax is an awesome workout! I find it very challenging!

Teddygirl: I would opt for doing both legs. :p :7 :+ ;-)

That's all the time I have for personals. I'll try to be back soon to finish.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all,

I'm waiting for it to cool down just a little before I go out. It is sooo hot here today and humid. We are plagued with AC problems and of the 5 cars we have, the AC is only working in one.

Jeanette - My DH always gets cramps in the inner thigh area. It is hard for him to stretch. Great job on the ride. I meant to comment before, blow drying your hair on a camping trip?

Wendy - SOrry the tiling is taking so long.

Sandra - How did you like tht Fluid yoga?

Cheryl - I love LM, but hate that last combo. It always seems so out of control to me.

Teddygirl - I didn't realize that you have grandchildren. I bet that was fun.

Amy - Busy, busy, glad you checked in.

Tracy

Hey campers!!

A nice breakfast then a wonderful snooze during a rain storm....perfect!!

As this morning was a protein+fat meal before bed (still trying to get used to that concept that it's *okay* to eat fat!), I had a cheese omelet and a bowl of chili. I know, that doesn't sound like it would be good, but I didn't mix them together and I was in the mood for chili....besides, it was my 'dinner'!;-)

Anyway, I am still super excited that you are 'certifiable' now, Traci!!! I am sorry that Sandy is being such a bear lately!

My older brother and SIL are leaving for a few weeks in Germany this week. He can only stay for a couple of weeks, but she'll be over there for a month. She's a German teacher in Texas, and she's very active in exchange programs.

Today is my "do-nothing" day where it's all I can to to haul my butt from the bed to the couch! Back to the grind tomorrow, though. I think that I may go to the kick-boxing class again this week....we'll see. Oh, DH has another dr's appt tomorrow...fortunately in the afternoon, so I won't have to be up and about with Traci tomorrow morning!;-)

Tracy- I've been thinking about you and your AC issues...we are getting ours serviced tomorrow morning.

Hi all,

Today's run was ugly. It has finally gotten hot in the woods and so there was no relief from the heat, except that it was shady. I ran the flatter route, one because my legs felt tired and two because the dogs can get in and out of the water. Then I came in and did the 80 minute Eion routine and felt good doing that. I guess you just never know.

I made homemade tortillas last night. They were surprisingly easy and everyone really liked them. I made a lower fat version and each one had less than 2 grams of fat, plus they were whole wheat.

Amy - I'm happy if my AC woes prompt one person to save themselves from the misery. I really didn't intend for my comments to do that. We always wait until it is too late.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.