X Team- Time Tickin Away Tuesday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning all-

Wendells brother (56) had a heart attack yesterday so life is all in a tail spin yet again... He lives in Sargent (where our bay house is) so details are sketchy from his wife - all his kids live here in Houston... Wendell & his mom heading south later today to see what going on. The wife is not the most cherished dtr-in-law and is pretty much in hysterics if someone gets an ant bite so you can imagine!

Doing Cardio X today .... Yesterday in place of Core Syn I wrote and performed a new Leg/core workout that I'll use tonight with client... it did the job!

* Not sure if my posts below sound cranky & argumentative... if so VERY SORRY- running on high emotions & little sleep * :* :* {{{Xers}}

Clarification::: On the working out "hard" .... I surely didnt mean to imply that you can do slacker workouts and get results... However I know that pushing your muscles doesnt always mean being in a state of needing lifting recovery weeks every 4 weeks..Thats a specific type of cycle and no cycle is meant to be used 100% of the time... thats extreme and eventually ineffective & leads to injuries.
I am not in a maintenance mode at all but to achieve different results you have to work your muscles differently- "hard" is subjective. I find leaning workouts less taxing overall on my body- I am exhausted at end of workout but a good nights sleep & proper nutrition take care of any long term fatigue - whereas with lifting heavy to build muscle (my last X round) my body never seemed to recover until the actual recovery week. Hard workouts are more a matter of your personal physical strengths & weaknesses... So all you who feel your bodies need to be in constant "torture" }( go right ahead - Thats the beauty of the world & our bodies... Different Strokes ....:* I'll see you in torture chamber 4 months of every year!:7

Jeanette: The cost was R/T.... I think we get charged more EVERYWHERE we go because we are an international Hub....On your menopause body... Here's how I strated looking at it- You'll figure out what it takes your body in terms of perfect clean eating to have wjhatever body you want- at that point you'll decide to do it or not! }( I do not want nor need nor have any use for a rock hard midsection let alone full body- therefore I dont have to eat squeeky clean 99.9% of time (what my body needs to attain that) If I eat clean 90% of the time I have a healthy happy body that i love- it wont win any awards or get oohhhs & ahhhhhs from the public but then again I dont desire all that so its a win win! ~ I also would NEVER be able to be this in shape without my hormones... My cortisol & thyroid & progesterone levels are still ultra low (mid section fat)after a year of meds - you cant fight that stuff - if you arent hormonally balanced thru nutrition and/or meds then its a non-winning battle.. You just have to find what state your body is in.

Debra: So happy kitty has a good mom--- Hope no injuries occur from all the falling! ~ Whats the count on Xmas Cards????

Nicole: I saw a Food Network show on GB Making and YEP its not for the meek & mild! Thanks for throwing dates out there!! Lets get this ball rolling!!! ~ Kiss that UTI BYE BYE!!! Lots of liquids girl- you'll be better by tonight! ~ LOl on the card...It is SO Wendell NOW!!! :+

Tracy: Was VERY pleased to see yo and know all was well in your life... With your FIL being so sick again I was worried. ~ How nice you live in driving distance to Debras!! You could pick up Xers at every stop along the way!:7 How far out of your way is Houston?:+

LOOKIE WHAT SANTA SENT ME THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Xers Address List
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 04:34:10 -0500
From: [email protected] View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
Hi Ladies,

I love and miss you all! You would NOT believe my life. It's FAR from comfortable and modern. We are in the middle of remodeling my half brother's house to include a "farang" bathroom. That's foreign in Thai. I'll try to update my blog while I have access to free wireless at the mall. I tried posting on the check-in, but it wouldn't post. So, I have never gone back to that internet cafe since then. Pissed me off BIG TIME since I had typed for at least 45 minutes. Waa Waa Waa. I'm thinking about coming home early. I'll let you know. Oh, I'm not doing the X at the moment. When I post all that I want on the blog, you all, except maybe Sandra, will understand. After they are finished remodeling my half brother's house, I'll start a new round. I hope you are all doing well and getting extremely buff!

Hugs and Kisses!!!!

Wendy

Yes!!! Wendy has been located in the wilds of Thailand!!! Glad she is still alive...if not quite well...lol. I am heading out to take the diva to school, so I will be back in a bit to do a few personals...I am definitely doing Slo Mo chest, bis and tris today. I also have an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed so that I don't look like Andy Rooney. I must head to the grocery store at some point, too, so that we don't starve to death. It is going to be 78 degrees here today...UGH...Isn't it supposed to be Christmas in 2 weeks?? I hope Santa can take off his coat or he is going to be sweating up a storm!

As far as a timetable for the Xer retreat...if you guys end up here then it doesn't really matter to me...The only time that isn't good is the weekend around March 16 since that is the diva's birthday, and I am sure I will be hosting a party with lots of germ infested urchins that weekend.

Okay...back in a bit....

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Okay...back again...

Traci...
So sorry to hear about Wendell's brother! Hope it ends up being relatively minor...Things like that always seem to happen around the holidays, don't they? Thanks for the Wendy update this morning. It is a good thing she was located...LOL! Dear woman...you never sound cranky and argumentative! Silly thing....Sorry for the lack of sleep, though. Hey, what day in the cycle are we?? I am looking to you since I never keep up...and somehow our cycles have synced! Still no Christmas cards done...But it is on my list today..as well as getting stamps, so hopefully I will get to them later on!

Nicole....
Glad to hear DH is supportive of our Xer retreat! Sorry you didn't get to the PT...I guess you will have to make that happen later this week. I am sure the UTI will be history soon. LOL about you guys and the darn GB house...what a project!! I guess it's good that DH is into Xmas...but boy, that house must be a pain!! I would rather be cold than hot too....especially this time of year...I guess I should drag out my bikini for the next couple of days here!

Jeanette...
Spring is always a good time here...and early summer...It starts to get pretty hot by the end of June...and really nasty hot by July. Everything here is very lush and green in the spring. And the mini mules will all be pregnant! Glad that excess water is gone...I take a diuretic for my kidney stones and it really keeps the excess water down...Maybe your doc could prescribe a low dose one to help during those times.

Well......that catches me up for now...I guess I either have to workout or do Xmas cards. Hmmm......

Hope all of you Midwesterners are surviving the big storm okay!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Doubles/week 2/Day 2
Workout/low max (7 blasts) + P90X chest & back

Good morning Xers,

Quickie:)

My workout this morning was nice:p I got plenty of rest last night. This morning C&B "BIG" improvement with exercises, am happy about that, I was able to do more push ups on me toes, more dive bomber, really everthing. I tell you tho, I NEED/GOING too add one total UB workout to this routine to make it complete:D

Tracie: Harry met Sally, nope never seen that one:)

Nope! my sister didn’t call about shopping and I was relieved;) when I got home put on me pajamas and watched TV, bbl need to get Notes report out to member:7

Debra::: :+ :+ ROF as I read …Getting my elbows waxed!!!!:+ :+ Well We have the exact same day it appears…I too am off in about an hour to get a pore suction, face wax (all areas) and facial massage… I’m sure we’ll both look 20 something after our de-hairing! Just returned from grocery store! I got Cardio X done by 5am so I have an entire day to finish up house/ldy. ~ We are day 23 of cycle…EXPLAINS A LOT DOESN’T IT! x( x(

TeddyGirl::: OMG you MUST rent When Harry met Sally! Its delightful! Meg Ryan has a BIG O right in the middle of a restaurant just to prove a point to Billy Crystal!:eek: ~ VERY impressive C&B!!!! When you’re on you are so ON!
:+ :+

Good Morning Xers!

I'm still alive (barely, lol). I'm still sick, still coughing :( I finally made DH go out last night and get some good meds and they did seem to help. I was able to get to sleep a lot sooner/easier and I slept propped up on extra pillows and it was much better. I even survived shopping with my mom yesterday, lol. We were not able to get the girls what I really wanted (I didn't realize it was the "it" toy, I guess), but they will still get some great stuff :D Unfortunately, though, life got in the way for me, too, and I didn't get my workout in. So, now I'm thinking about how to double up. I also have the washing machine repair guy scheduled to come sometime today (I LOVE windows from 8am-5pm, ugh!) so that could influence how much I get done. I WILL be doing ARX and Chest & Back today, though. I'd like to get Plyo in as well. If I can get the weight work done in the afternoon, I can do Plyo tonight. If not, I'll have to do Plyo tomorrow morning and tomorrow's weight work in the afternoon. This germ just needs to SCRAM, though. I can't really talk b/c I'm so hoarse from all the coughing.

Traci-X -- GREAT NEWS about Sandy :D Sorry to hear about your BIL, prayers for him and your family. Thanks for the update on Wendy :D :D :D I'm glad she's still alive and kickin', even if it's not what she anticipated. I'm not sure what "far east" means, lol. But, I'm only about an hour from the Atlantic Ocean. I live in the VERY NE corner of MD (like, spitting distance from DE, PA and NJ). I'm about 2 hrs drive from Wendy, too.

Jeanette -- Sorry about the DVD freezing AGAIN! I agree, though, if the replacement won't work, it sounds like your player :( I hope you figure it out soon, though!

Laurie -- Mixed mess is the worst :( We have plain rain and just cold/raw weather here. I hope the sun comes out soon!

Debra -- Your house is easily driveable for me. Wendy and I could even possibly carpool. It depends on dates, though, obviously. I'm psyched to meet you all, though :D I hope you good news from the biopsy results and I hope your kitty is getting around better this morning.

Nicole -- I hope the abx kick in soon and you're feeling better. I hate UTIs! Ow!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all have a great day (and stay well!)

Carol

Tracie: I am so sorry to hear about Wendell brother, deep breath! Always……always……and I mean always SOMETHING. But, GOD is good, NO GOD is great b/c I have known folks having heart attacks and "bang" they are gone the instant. The blessing is, Wendell brother is still here, right! Thank you Jesus :)

Debra: Push Play……:7

Alright, depending on how I’m feeling tonight, I think a good stretch workout would be good for these old bones. Who knows, I may just put me PJ’s on and watch a movie. Hey guys, I’m looking forward to Plyo tomorrow, I looooooove this workout

Traci...
You know I have always had a problem with hairy elbows....LOL! I went back to check to see that I hadn't actually typed that! Crazy woman! Glad your workout is done...I wish you had gone to the grocery store for me....I am thinking I may end up at the farmer's market instead, though. And I just have to mention that CB said the big "L" word on the phone this morning....WTF? Just kind of slipped it in there!

Carol...
I was thinking that you were close to Wendy...That's great it would be drive-able to get here! So sorry you are feeling so bad...don't double up if you aren't feeling like it...It just keeps your immune system from working properly. What were you trying to get your girls that was the "it" toy? My DD is into Hannah Montana and the Cheetah Girls...so shopping has been easy this year.

Teddygirl...
You MUST see When Harry Met Sally...it is probably one of my top 10 movies of all time! Way to bring it this morning girl!!

Okay...I have really procrastinated long enough. I must get busy with my day!!!

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Moring,
Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 1, Week 3, Day 2 - CardioX but subbed for Tracey Staehle HISM and Christi Taylor Stepsational (50 minutes)

As you can see, I skipped CardioX, girls just want to have fun sometimes. The intervals were good in HISM and Christi is just plain fun for me. Will also get a walk in later this afternoon.

Traci, please tell Wendell I'm sorry about his brother's heart attack. Hope he gets better soon. So scary. How is Sandy this morning? Wondering if I'm going to feel the "magic" during recovery week while on the Lean Rotation. Hope so as I did enjoy it every 4th week. I'm not near as tired or hungry as I was last time on the X. Of course it could be that I'm subbing my CardioX and eating pumpkin cake and Kahlua cake (mom's party). Actually, I was good yesterday and drank a ton of water. Actually down 3 pounds this morning and feel so much better. On TTOM, I always wonder if I will get my weight under control again. Was talking to a friend yesterday. She said she put on 15 pounds like out of nowhere when she went thru menopause. She's lost all but 7# of it. She has always been careful about her weight, though she doesn't exercise much. Hmmm. So are you saying that getting my hormones adjusted would help with weight loss? Please clarify for me as I'm dense sometimes. I still need to check the airfare rates. I have to look back and check out where Debra is (airport). Thanks so much passing on Wendy's post. I've been so worried about her. Miss her. Now I've got to see When Harry Met Sally. Have never seen that one before. I'll order it on Netflix when Tony gets my golf DVD back to me.

Debra, 78 degrees? Strange how different the weather can be. The ice storms look awful. Something we don't have out west here at all. LOL re: Andy Rooney! Love your meez!!! So cute and "cheer"ful. My vote is for a spring get together. This western gal probably couldn't function in the humidity and heat. I really need to drink more water. Winter time is hard for me. Yesterday I drank a ton and it sure made a difference.

Latrese, way to BRING IT with C&B! I always liked bettering my last workout in reps. You go girl! Coming home tonite and putting on PJ's sounds good to me, but I really need to do that Christmas decorating. All the stuff is sitting in the living room, waiting to be put up.

Carol, glad you are here with us. I hate the coughing and it wrecks out my voice. I think I cough so much that I get swollen airways in my throat and then start thinking that I've got a chest cold. Hope the washing machine repair guy comes right off the bat so you can plan what you want to do. Take it easy, lots of fluids, etc. Really hope you make a turn for the better soon.

Got to get going, will be busy at work again today.

Hi Laurie, you will probably post as soon as I post this.

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 1
Workout: Chest & Back / ARX / Caribbean Workout Kickboxing

As I'm driving through the snow/rain/ice what comes on the radio, but "The weather outside is frightfull" :7 :7 :7 But I made it! :D Just can't understand why people have to slow down to look at a car in the ditch on the opposite side of the freeway. WTH!!! DD's are home from school, the oldest was very happy that she could put her PJ's back on. :7 :7 :7 And of course DH just called and said that he needs to get the girls going on dishes/laundry/vacuuming/snow shoveling. Oh you have to love a DH that doesn't think snow days are an excuse to be lazy and watch TV. That's probably why my DD's don't enjoy these type of days.

Tracy, Sorry to hear about your BIL, let Wendell know we are thinking of him. I don't think your clarification was a rant. :D Our bodies are all different. And of course as we age it can seem to change every month. :7 :7 :7 I really felt good after Stretch X yesterday, and really didn't want to do any more. ;-) So glad to hear that Wendy is doing good, but looking to come home early. Will have to check out her blog to find out whats what! Those cheesecake brownies sound soooo good. Must stop thinking of chocolate.....

Debra, I love the meez. She made me smile this morning. Have a good time with the waxing! Be a happy person that you don't have to deal with this nasty weather we are having. It is more ice in IL. We are getting the mix here.

TG, I still have a problem with those dive bombers. I get through about 5 really good ones, and then I'm lying on the floor when I do the dive. :7 I will get better at these yet! Practice Practice Practive. Another vote for "When Harry Meet Sally". I have that one on DVD, I liked it so much.

Carol, Sending you {{{{{Healing Vibes}}}}} today. Hope that nasty bug leaves soon. What is the "it" toy, just in case it is something that my youngest DD is looking for. :D

Nicole, The GB house sounds like a lot of work, but yes I would love to see a picture. I know I know, one of these days I will sit down at home and get those pictures on the web. I think I avoid the computer when I'm at home. Out of sight type thing. :D :D Glad that you are getting the UTI taken care of quickly. Our weather is something I have lived with for all of my life. I grew up in the Northern part of WI, so it is even worse up there. I have told my DH quite often that people in this area should have to learn how to drive up North. Then they would be better drivers. :D

Sandra, I'm hunkering down at night with that blanket. It just seems to much colder. I'm in my sweats and warm socks, but still need that blanket too. :D I have to get Lowmax in one of these days. I have not done that workout in a long time, and I really love it.

Tracy, Your day yesterday seemed to be a busy one. Hope today is better for you. Will you be getting time off during Christmas? Or will this be a good time for you to be at work? Usually it is quiet around here so I feel safe taking the time off. :D

Jeanette, I know what you are going through. I have the same problem. I am working on the weight/stomach slowly. It is coming off other parts of my body, but not my stomach. The slow part is what is the hard thing to take. :D But then I want to enjoy the occasional piece of cake.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Classic/ Week 4/ Day 2/ Core Synergistics (subbed with DrillMax)

Fun fun workout!! I love DM. Glad I forced myself out of bed to do it. Had a terrible sleep last night and really wanted to sleep the morning away.

A couple people asked how LowMax is a sub for YogaX. It's not LOL!!! But I decided it's MY recovery week, and I'll do whatever the heck I want, outside of strenuous weight work.

We got our new iMac last night and I'm still trying to figure out this browser and mouse. I don't seem to be able to access the right-click features I could with Microsoft (will this computer explode if I type that?). So, I can't open this reply into its own window, and I can't open two Safari's to read one screen while I answer in another. I'm sure this is all possible, I just have to figure it all out. Well, I've got all day....

Nicole....what Browser did you say I should download? Another question: I see nothing on this system about firewalls and virus software. Is it already there? Do I have to download something? I feel so vulnerable! I'll plug Mar 26-30 into some airline websites and see what comes up in terms of cost. What do you do with this gingerbread house when it's done? Devour it on Xmas morning?

Traci.....Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. My question was just a curious one, meant to help me understand your thinking, not to challenge your expertise. I'm sorry it made you feel so defensive. Of COURSE you're working hard, that's obvious to everyone. I understand how doing a lean rotation is beneficial to your body, and how P90X can achieve that. Personally when I want to focus on lean, I go to Cathe, not because P90X won't work, but because I find Cathe much more fun. Frankly, I don't do P90X because it's fun; I do it because it's effective in a way that I can't get from Cathe (yet). I'm glad you're enjoying the lean rotation, and yes, it's important to not feel like you're on the verge of injury every day. Speaking of which, how is your shoulder holding up? How's Sandy? And Oh My, I'm sorry to hear about your BIL. I'm sending good healing vibes. You "wrote & performed" your own workout?! LMAO!! I can't even imagine saying that about myself. I give you so much credit for being independent. Care to share anything about the workout? Were there superman/bananas in the there anywhere? Dreya Rolls? Oh WOW about the cookie recipes!!! I'll have to see what damage I can do with those this Christmas. All the shortbread cookies I made last weekend are already gone. :9

YAAAAY!!!!! Wendy lives!!! And what is she inferring that everyone but Sandra would understand that she isn't doing the X?!?! I'm not that inflexible, am I? I had it in my brain that she wouldn't follow through with an X rotation in Thailand, even before she went. I mean, it hardly seems culturally pertinent. Western vanity. She's probably working hard enough at everyday living to keep the pounds at bay and the muscles taut. Coming home early? She obviously misses me ;)

Debra....Tell me about Slo Mo, please. A comparative essay with Slow & Heavy would be much appreciated :). Have you gotten better with your form; no more back issues? Thanks for the airport selection. I'll play around a bit and see how much it will cost to fly to one of them. The L word???? THE L word???? Oh my!!!! How do you feel about that? (Has he seen your hairy elbows?).

Jeanette....Debra's idea of a diuretic is a good one. Watermelon is a natural diurectic, as are some other fruits. Perhaps you can work on it from that angle? I seriously would reconsider cutting back your grain-carbs any further. They are a healthy thing to eat for reasons such as fiber (some vitamins and minerals need this fiber to aid in their absorption, and it helps keep you regular). Complex whole grains are also full of antioxidents and other vitamins that do you good. Then there's that whole blood pressure/cholesterol dynamic that oatmeal is supposed to be good at helping.

Teddygirl....Really? Adding upper body work? I truly couldn't do that. My joints and upper body need the time to recuperate for the next week. Good work on making progress with CB!!

Carol....Oh dear, take care. Maybe you just need a day in bed? Those always sound so good, yet I can never seem to make it happen. I'd be on my death bed and still have to get up to find something for someone.

Tracy, Laurie, Lea (anyone else? Who'd I miss?)....Good day to you!

Does anyone want a recipe that will top Traci's cheesecake brownies from yesterday? I'm not trying to start a competition, but I have a peanut butter, chocolate chip cheesecake brownie recipe that is sensational. I've been making it for 14 years, and it's never failed to please anyone.

Okay, have to phone my ISP and figure out why my email won't work. Then I want to update the virus software on my laptop so I can use it with the new wireless router. Then I have to figure out how to join my three computers into a network, so I can send things through the Dell PC to print. Good gravy, this monitor's so big (20"), yet the font is so tiny. I need to figure out how to adjust that, too.

Cheers,
Sandra
- misses the days when a screwdriver was all you needed

Laurie: You cracked me with that one "The weather outside is frightful" I hate it when people slow down just to look at a car in the ditch or someone fixing a flat tirer Argh…… Nice workout, like you said, practice and it’ll get better I’m getting better am up too 12 to 15 dive bombers my goal is to do 25 plus. Me upper body is screaming and it feels so good. I just looked outside and it is dark you’d think its 10pm. Be safe driving:)

Jeanette: I was just sitting here thinking, if I don’t do nothing else this evening I'm going to do abs, don’t want this week to end up like my first week, barely worked them. Yep! I just convinced myself abs first then PJ’s. Have fun Christmas decorating :D

CardioX

Getting ready to workout. I may just stick with the rotation as is and add the yoga in 3 extra times a week. I feel less bloated this round but it may just be the lack of sustenance;)

Sandra, Google Firefox and download it from their page. You should buy firewall software. I don't have any virus protection and I've never had a problem but it's not unheard of. Mac's tend not to get viruses because the hackers don't want to waste their time with the minority of the computer populace. The java script is different from PC's so it's harder to hack. You'll be safe until you get the software.

Off to workout and then I'll be back!!

Nicole

Bring it!!!

1008_10033769575.gif
[/url]

Sandra: Yep! Really? Key is giving UB enough time to regroup, you know this. However, Tuesday and Thursday for “ME” isn’t enough UB work going on in the house :+ and then having to wait almost another week, to work UB again, I won’t see the progress I’m looking for, as for me 2 days of rest is plenty of time to recover by Sat or Sun ready to bring it. Good workout! I think DM is an excellent sub for core synergistics, Nice work!

Traci-X, {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}} for you and Wendell. Have you heard whether his brother is really bad or not? I hope he is not. I'm glad you are on the lean rotation with optional extras. i think more would be too much for you with all that is going on in your life. Of course, the holidays are here too which doesn't make it any easier. Take it easy. Maybe you should go out for a little pampering or ask for some for Christmas:*

I'll be back,

Nicole

Bring it!!!

1008_10033769575.gif
[/url]

Gang- Thanks so much for kindness today… Little Traci is sleep deprived, over caffeinated and just a tad psycho!
Jim (BIL) is being brought to Houston via ambulance as I type- We have some of the finest medical facilities in the world here for cardiac care & cancer…. He will have a Catherization done at 3pm to see extent of blockage and then next step to be determined… It will probably be a stint of some sort and an overnight stay in Houston although they may have him go back to Sargent only because his primary care is there….. Its probably the best of all possible news once you’ve had a heart attack….. Will know more later tonight… DH & his mom are haeding to hospital- I’m working but theres PLENTY f family that will be there.

Debra:::
Oh enjoy farmers Market! If we had one close I’d shop daily for my produce… I just LOVE those places!!! Hope the hair is long gone from elbows & all places you so desired! My face is RED like a … Whats Really Red??? I cant think! LOL

TeddyGirl:::
Are you going to try and swing the Xer Party in spring/summer? I wanna feel your guns!!!

Nicole:::
Thanks for your sweet sweet words {{{hugs}}} ~ I have to laugh about how adventurous you and I thought we’d be doing Lean+ !! I feel quite accomplished just getting in the required this round! I’m hoping in Phase 2 life will settle a bit & I’ll be more focused on my health rather than that of animals & in-laws! CardioX kicked my arss today! I was going to use my weighted KB Gloves for Kenpo, hold light weights for Plyo but Yoga kicked my booty so I was happy to make it thru entire workout! THANK GOD Tony says Do your best & forget the rest so much or I might have just “forgotten it all” today!

Sandra::: Check your email you silly wonderful crazy Canadian! You can challenge/question/disagree with any & all things I say – I’m half full of poopie anyway! BUT- YOU DID NOT OFFEND ME AT ALL!!!!! My “tone” was because of my issues only… Wendell has taught me well when to notice my frustration/lack of control projections onto the entire world~~~ROF on LowMax!!! I was wondering when you were going to actually say ITS NOT!!! I just LOVE LOWMAX!!! LOL ~ I imagine you are either ready to throw iMac out the window OR ready to launch your own software company! ~ Your Just Kill Me Now Recipe… I WANT IT!!!!!!!~ ROF on your Debra post!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he has a hair fettish! ~ I didn’t understand the Wendy/Sandra thing either… I think shes recalling the Sargent Sandra days!!! BTW- Where did that woman go????

Carol:::
Oh my heavens!!!!!!! ****** Those are Lysol Sprays******** These are hugs{{{{{{{{{{{ xxooxoxo}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so sorry you are being beaten up right now… NASTY GERMS! I SWEAR to you Carol- you are experiencing everything that all of us did round one… I called it the X Curse!

Jeanette:::
I smiled when I read your post today… Sandy- good thing shes doing well so far as she has moved down the totum pole for care! LOLOLOL She really does appear to be OK… Whatever she had in her intestines was ZAPPED! ~ I skhall indeed tell Wendell how much you all are sending good thoughts.. I so believe that all matters. ~ Kahula Cake???? OH MY THAT SOUNDS GOOD!!!!!! Good job on being down 3!!!! I shall send you a little email later about hormones & their effects on the mid section….. Sandra knows how I struggled for a year on WW – nothing – I tell you not 1# gone with perfect eating and 2 hr Cathe days…. OH YES!!! Enjoy Harry/Sally! One of my favs!

Laurie:::
LOL on the Divebombers! Mine look more like I got my panties stuck on the fence! PLEASE SWEAR to me you will not call for a group yoga session or Divebomber contest when we all meet!!! RANT AWAY on the cars- I do believe I am theonly good driver in Texas!!! LOLOLOL

Lea, Wendy, Swifty Tracy…… Hugs & kisses to all the little elves in Xer land

:7 :7 :7
When it rains it pours..... We lost our NEW AT&T phone service again last night- We are being told it will be 3-7 business days before we get house phone up again because they dont know why it stopped working!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Back again for a quick chat before CB comes over for dinner. We are having pork chops, fresh green beans, and pasta salad....Grilling out since it is still over 70 degrees outside! Got Slo Mo chest, bis and tris done today...I will post to Sandra a complete comparison to Cathe's SH for anyone else who is interested. I notice that although I am not as hungry while on a heavy rotation, I am much more tired...I had to take a quick nap this afternoon...I feel better now...My muscles just need that complete recovery time, I guess.

Traci....
Well, you lucky girl you! Now you get to put that phone back in your bra! Keep those girls happy! I am glad to hear BIL is going to be okay...I know how scary that must have been. It is good he is coming up to the "big city" for the procedure. Maybe we'll have to think of some contests for when we are all together...dive bombers, planks, pull ups, push ups, etc!! Or are we going to take a break for the weekend?? I do have 2 spa tubs in my house so we can all take turns having bubble baths! Of course, my mind ran to the unmentionable areas when you asked what it really red...LOL! Maybe a tomato or an apple would be a better choice to mention. Have fun with your client tonight and try to forget all your woes! If you are a good girl, DD and I will make some cookies for you and send them down next week.

Nicole...
Hope you have fun with CardioX today...I remember kind of liking that one. How is the back?? Did you get a referral while you were at the doc's yesterday? What section of the GB house are you working on today??

Sandra...
How is the iMac coming along?? Hope you got your email up and going. I am having all kinds of problems with all sorts of electronics in my house right now...and I really just don't feel like dealing with it, to tell you the truth! I guess that DM is actually a pretty good sub for Core Syn...especially since this is "your" recovery week...LOL! I am apparently keeping my hairy elbows trimmed enough not to bother CB...I don't know how to feel about the "L"...We have been seeing each other for over 4 months...so who knows?? Maybe it was just a slip...LOL! Okay...SM vs SH: Firs keep in ind that I haven't done legs yet in SM...I will do that later this week...and I tried to core section today, but with my tweaky back there was some I couldn't do...plus I had just done chest, bis and tris so planks were out, too, since I was too fatigued in my upper body to perform well. So this is a comparison on strictly upper body. SM has a lot of different moves from SH which I really liked. For example, we did decline bench presses only with our heads at the low end instead of the high end like Cathe. SM also did a staggered push up. I would use this series simply for the variation that you get with the different way your muscles are worked. Instead of strictly doing a 6 and 2 count repetition, SM mixed it up some more. SM also had less recovery time in between sets than SH...good at times, but sometimes I thought it was a bit rushed. The downside of SM is mainly this....there are barely ANY form pointers! I felt better doing it this week....but you have to know what you are doing so that your form is good and you don't hurt yourself. Amy really gives almost no help in this department. And when she does, it is kind of after the fact. The other main thing that I don't like is that there aren't as many exercises per body part. For example...there are only 3 bicep exercises...don't get me wrong, I am fatigued after doing them...but there is no attention paid to those other parts that are in SH like forearms and rotator cuffs, for example. Okay...think that is it for my review...I will finish up using SM this week...then move to SH for a week...then back to SM for a week, then back to SH to finish up my 5 week rotation. I think it is a great addition for muscle confusion when using with Cathe's SH. So, to me, worth the $$.

Laurie...
Glad you liked the meez! I am certainly happy that I am not covered with snow and ice right now....but I would like the weather here to be a bit more seasonal. Wow...the weather must be really bad for you if your girls are home from school. I bet they are hating having dad home to get the working...LOL!

Jeanette...
Spring is great for me! Keep drinking your water....there may be some natural diuretics at the health food store, too, that may help. I think you have to sub sometimes during the X just to keep your sanity. I was reading your thread on OD...and I guess what keeps us working out and trying to keep our figures in shape is sometimes vanity...which is not a bad thing! I think it is important to feel good about yourself physically as well as emotionally. I know I have gained a lot of self confidence over the past few years, just by getting in shape. Don't work yourself to death, of course, and enjoy life...but keep your self esteem intact too. You haven't seen When Harry Met Sally either??? I thought it was a classic...I must have been at that age when I watched it for the first time. What a great flick! CB is bringing over a couple of scary movies to watch tonight. Although we have to watch them in my workout room since that is the only dvd player that works in the house....so we have to make a pallet on the floor..and he usually falls asleep...LOL!

Okay...caught up again...gotta go get busy on dinner. Oh...I forgot to say thanks to all the well wishes for my kitty. She is pretty tired today, but it seems she is recovering from her trauma nicely. Just waiting for results now. I have my yoga class in the morning...which I am really looking forward to since I haven't been in a few weeks.

Later gators!

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I am studying for another silly test, so my mornings, when I usually post, are limited until Thursday when I take the test.

DS and I had a great run this afternoon, in the misty rain, in the woods. We were running late, and decided to run long and hard and really pushed ourselves. It felt wonderful. I think we both were surprised at how well we did, for us! It's nice to have someone to run with because it helps to maintain intensity. Our slower runs have definitely helped with our conditioning. Then we came home and did Eion quickie and I'm done. I'll have to start increasing my carbs a little to make sure I have plenty of energy next time I run.

Traci - Sorry about BIL and I hope everything turns out ok. Also, I didn't mean anything personal with my comment about workout intensity. We should all workout to reach our personal goals, and that is different for everyone.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.