X Team- Saturday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Simple title this morning.... its early:7

Off to bay in a bit- heavens knows we cant get there AFTER sun up! x( Its just too funny to see DH like a kid on Xmas morning every weekend...

Just a few odds & ends to catch up on before I say "See Ya Tomorrow!" .....
Tracy - your workout seemed to make you HAPPY yesterday :7 !! Do lots of those!!! Glad you have already gotten your monies worth out of HiLo >>>>>>>>>>
Debra,Thanks for Eoin Updates... When are you going to his studio??? So is it Friends with Benefits you want???? You dont really have to answer..:7 .. Just go with the flow...WTH else does a person call you?? "This is Debra a woman I date 4-6x a week and sometimes fall asleep there but shes just my gal pal???" :D LOLOLOL We need to create a word for grown up relationships dont we? We sorely lack in choices in the American Language....What about another language name??? Lets get Sandra on that this weekend..... :7 :D >>>>>>>>
Nicole kick some extra booty for me with Kenpo... Ya know its IF-Y if it gets done at bay! LOL >>>>>>>>
All Xers.... Much love & happiness today - put the Credit Cards DOWN!!! :7 :* :7 :*

Classic/ Week 3/ Day 6/ KenpoX

I'll be doing KenpoX after I type this message.

Traci....Have a great time at the Bay! A word to describe a Friend with Benefits? I thought CB covered that. Oh, wait, this is to refer to Debra. Cute Girl? CG? Sounds much better than "mistress", less intimate than "lover", and more respectful than "booty." Okay, that's CRAZY that you had on the AC and were wearing shorts and a tank yesterday (the Xers tank, I'm sure). Are we living on the same planet? What's all the baking for? Are you having company, or do you give treat baskets? Yeah, I imagine I'll end up ordering P90X+. It's actually starting to intrigue me now. I might even order the forthcoming Fit Kids workouts that Shaun is putting out. Did you get a response when you tried to phone Phil the other day?

Carol....How was the Christmas party? Yay!!!!! Someone else who does not dread and avoid YogaX!!!! When we meet up at Debra's in March, you, me & Nicole can all show off our cranes. I've put YogaX away for my RW, too. But it will be back for Phase 2!

Debra....I'm just in awe of your room-cleaning diva! I've never had much luck with my DD in that department. That is incredibly sweet the way she puts her dolls to bed. You chipped your tooth on a beer bottle? What are you....17 years old? LOL! Were you playing a drinking game with CB? "They said veneer!" (reference to Frasier episode where they played a drinking game to Antiques Roadshow. Hilarious). LMAO about Eion being too laid back to actually get the dvd out. You're probably right! In the introduction to Pure & Simple he says that they shot the footage, came back home to edit it, decided it wasn't good enough, so went back to whereever and shot it all over again. Thanks for the mid-Dec release update.

Nicole....Hopefully the MRI will get to the root of the back problem. It's surprising how quickly the X seems to work, isn't it? Your feeling about "where did I go?" are quite common. Maybe now is a good time to start looking around and seeing where you want to go? My iMac didn't come yesterday (grrrrr). They accidentally left it at the depot. I'm so ticked at this, as I now have to wait until late Monday to get it. I phoned and complained, but got nothing more than a patronizing, placating apology, and a weak suggestion that they are delivering over the weekend, so there is a chance I'll get it before Monday. Great. Now someone has to be home all weekend, "just in case" they decide to deliver the computer. Bah! On to better thoughts....have fun with KenpoX today!

Tracy....It sounds like you had a nice workout last night. As an evening exerciser, how do you settle yourself down to go to sleep afterwards?

Time to go Bring It for the last time this week. Hello to Jeanette, Lea, Teddygirl, MIA Wendy, and Laurie. Have a great day!

Sandra

You guys are cracking me up this morning!!! First of all I do not want any benefits from the friend who came over last night...We've know each other for almost 17 years now...He used to be my boss years and years ago, and we have remained in touch. As far as the girlfriend comment from CB...I was just surprised since he makes an effort to keep things casual...I don't know another word for it...I agree with Sandra that "mistress" is a little 'ho-ish and "lover" is way too much info...He actually calls me "Silly Girl" but I guess he can't introduce me that way...lol! I guess I was expecting "friend" since it is obvious I am a girl...but I'll have to give it some thought since my thesaurus doesn't have "girlfriend" listed.

Okay...Onto other matters! I am definitely doing some yoga today...If I am feeling athletic at the time, I will attempt to do Shiva's live dvd...if not, then I will get some nectar from good old Eoin. Hope all of you Xers have fun with Kenpo today. If I hadn't just done kickboxing the other day with Cathe, I would join you. My back and shoulders are feeling pretty good this morning...so I think my form must have been better with Slo Mo. I will finish off this week with the rest of Slo Mo...then I will do a week of Cathe's SH then back to Slo Mo for a week and back to Cathe for the last week of this rotation...I will have 5 weeks of slow heavy work by then, so I will take a recovery week and look at my big muscles! I have lost that couple of pounds that was hanging on...I am at the high end of what I consider my best weight...so I will take it for now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~personals~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sandra********* I am sure you are having fun with Kenpo right now! What kind of crafts do you have planned with your girls this weekend? I actually let DD go to a Christmas program with the fundamentalists last night and she ended up spending the night over at their house...She did a pretty good job with her room. I promised her I would help her download some songs on her new MP3 player she got from her dad for Chanukah today. I know, I know....I am a goofball...what can I say? And no, I was not playing any drinking games...in fact, it was my first beer of the evening. I'm just a klutz. I haven't seen the "Frasier" you referenced...but I am sure it was funny. Have a good time with your girls and DH this weekend...and bring it woman!!

Traci********* Have fun at the bay. Hope Sandy is continuing to feel better. Did you ever ask Wendell if it was regular sex or fishing which he would chose?? It's nice that he has something that gives him such pleasure though....the fishing I meant...not the sex...well, I guess the sex, too! Does he feel like he is with a brand new woman with your new hairdo? Kisses!

Nicole****Your post cracked me up last night! Hope all is well with your world today. Will DH be around to take up some of the slack with the boys today? How is your back?

Okay...think that is it for me now. I caught up with everyone else last night, I think. I have a date with CB tonight...since I guess he is my "boyfriend" ...LOL! There must be some other word to describe the relationship without sounding like we are in high school. I'll be back to check on you guys this afternoon. Kisses to all!!! And Happy Festivus!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

KenpoX is done; Week 3 is done!!! The workout felt juuuust right, too. I'm feeling very ready for a rest.

Debra....Enjoy your yoga today. Your rotation for the next bit sounds really good. At the end of the five weeks, give those shiny new biceps a big ol' kiss. I agree that GF sounds so juvenile. My 70+ FIL lives with a woman who is also a senior, and my mouth always trips when I try to refer to her as his girlfriend. More often than not, the word "partner" comes out instead. But that sounds so sterile. So, XDH is Jewish, and you're Christian? Do you put up all those Xmas trees just to spite him? For the kids' crafts this weekend, Michael's is having a Santa's workshop idea. They will be decorating a bag, then making 5 gifts to put inside it. This will take a very long time, so I've been advised to bring a book. DH's friend is coming along today, too, so it should be fun. Yesterday at Michael's Parents & Tots session, DD#2 made & decorated a felt stocking, which is now hanging on the tree. She keeps walking over to it and saying "I made that!". Guess what silly thing I thought up the other day? I suggested to DD#1 that she have a small Christmas slumber party next Friday night. She thought it was a briiiiilliant idea. So, now I have to plan a party. I seriously need a Second Thought scanner inserted into my head, to filter everything that comes out of my mouth.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi Team Saturday,

I think today is easy upper, core and yoga, but I'm not sure yet. I have to decided what I'm doing for the next month.

Thanks for anyone who asked, FIL is not well again. Since he fell he is really struggling with fluid retention, movement etc. It is still a vicious cycle.

I will be picking up the credit card today. I've got to do some internet shopping. Then if I get me act in gear, I have to go see my niece, who is in the hospital. She has crohn's, celiac disease, and chronic depression, all at 20. Evidently she has a nasty case of colitis.

I also have to put out the holiday decorations. They have been sitting in boxes all over since I got them down from the attic last weekend. UGhh..... There are not enough hours in the day.

All this talk about the X is making me want to do it, but I'm going to hold off until the new workouts come out. I hope to integrate them into my X rotation.

Traci - Does a trip to the bay mean Sandy is doing that much better? I hope you get the hormone levels fixed, mine have definitely been off this month. Ttom is a week overdue and I just hate that.

Debra - I guess I was always assuming that CB was your boyfriend and not just boy friend. It does sound a little cliche' but really, who cares? How long have you two been sharing time with each other, dating, or whatever people call it these days? You should be nice and pumped by the time you finish your rotation. I do think form is key for the Slo-mo. I do like that one too, although I really have to be careful with the leg work.

Nicole - An mri will at least tell you what is really going on in your back. At least you are moving and able to do things. Back discomfort stinks. I hope DH helps you this weekend.

Sandra - You are so perky lately! I don't have any trouble falling asleep at night. I usually workout between 4-7 and I'm in bed by 9:30-10. Are you making some interesting meal this weekend. I eat a couple of bites of the BBQ, but not much. I just feel better without the meat. I did eat pork tenderloin last night, only because I was too lazy to cook fish and didn't want to eat tuna.

Hi to all who follow,

Tracy

KenpoX

I'm getting ready to workout, much to my demise. I was actually hoping to be still sleeping now but my mom called at 7:00 and said she was coming by to get a coupon I had for her}( No sleep for the weary! Maybe tomorrow.

DH is at work today and I have to take the boys to a birthday party and get some grocery shopping done. I am so glad I can finally say that:D

Debra, You chipped your tooth on a beer bottle and admitted it?;) You're too funny! I guess you're right, girlfriend is better than the other titles you listed:p I have no other options for you. When my brother and his then fiance were dating I called her his girlie but I don't think that would work. Have fun figuring it all out. You sure do slow and heavy a lot. I'm glad your body responds to it well. My back is sore today but not horrid. Thanks for checking:)

Traci-X, Have fun at the bay with your giddy DH. Ok, I sat here for 10 minutes and cannot think of what IF-Y means:p Have fun kickin' booty at the bay:D

Sandra, So you're having a party, huh?:) Whoops! I avoid those type of get-togethers at all cost. I have never even had a b-day party for the boys. Aren't I mean? I told them they could start at 10 so the children would be more responsible, hahaha:) Well, as far as where I want to go, I think I would get a RD degree and maybe take a PT certification course too. I'll have to wait until #3 starts school which won't be for another three years. The crafts with the kids sounds so fun for them and not so fun for you;) You are so patient! I need to do more of that with my boys. I know they would love it.

Off to kick bootay!! :*

Nicole

Bring it!!!

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Good morning,
Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 1, Week 2, Day 6 - 4DS Kickbox, and Tracey Staehle Step HISM2 (attempted)

Short check in for me. I slept in today and decided to sub my workouts with something that made me feel good. Did the new Cathe Kickbox, enjoyed it, but it was like 20 minutes so I added on my new Tracey Staehle HISM2 (replacement disk). I was enjoying it, but it freezes at the 20 some minute mark. I tried different things but to no avail. I emailed her and will see what she says. Frustrating because I really like the choreography in this, though the production values aren't too good IMO. Anyway, I can't spend any more time on exercise today as I have 2 cakes to make for my Mom's birthday tonite, housecleaning and some shopping. Also have the grandkids tonite too. It's almost 11 a.m. and I haven't accomplished anything (besides a half a** workout).

Oh yes, if I sound a little cranky, I just started TTOM, a few days early so no wonder I've felt so puffy lately. I've been thinking that I'm fighting menopausal normal weight gain. Is it going to be an uphill fight? I know that lots and lots of women gain weight with menopause and abdominal weight too, but do they tend to lose it when menopause is over? Maybe I should post it on the open discussion.

Hoping to get to personals tonite after the party.

Traci, thanks so much for the card!!! You are a sweetie!!! I read it to my DH, also the part about us all meeting in the Spring. I think he's fine with it (does he have a choice LOL?)!!!

BBL,

Jeanette

Hi all,

I ended up doing the All Pump Extreme upper segments that are on the other Amy Hi/Lo that I have. It was a nice workout. I was just looking for something simple and it was great. It warmed up outside, so DS and I went for a nice easy run for 50 minutes. I probably won't get to the yoga, but I don't feel too tight.

Jeanette - Don't you hate it when the workout doesn't go as planned? Happy Birthday to your Mom. You're early and I'm late; I don't know which is worse.

Debra - I forgot to comment on the chipped tooth! Doesn't that usually happen when you are like 18? Were you feeling a little frisky? LOL only kidding!!!!

Sandra - You are so much more patient with the kid things than I was. I still think you could be mother of the year. Congrats on finishing the first 3 week!

Nicole - I can't remember what workout you have in store, but I hope you were able to bring it. I wasn't domestic either, and I really enjoy being back at work.

Off to get a tree.

Tracy

I got my dose of nectar with Eoin today. I shall try to do a cardio workout of some sort tomorrow. I am tired right after doing a yoga workout, but then in about 30 minutes I feel very energized.

Jeanette*****Sorry you are feeling a bit cranky today. And from what I know about menopause, the weight doesn't go away. My BFF who is 52 had a full hysterectomy 2 years ago...and she has still not lost the weight that came after that. She works out frequently...does pilates, running and power walking...but to no avail. I am sure that is not what you wanted to hear...Maybe other ladies have had more success. Happy birthday to mom!! Have fun with the family tonight.

Nicole***** Hope you get to sleep late tomorrow. My mom called me one day when DD was out of school, and we were sleeping late...Actually she called twice...Crazy! Yeah, I don't thing "girlie" is what I want to be known as either! Hope you enjoyed Kenpo today. I will drag that one out next week one day. My body does respond well to slow and heavy...My weight usually stays under control probably because if I up my cardio, I am starving all the time. I will do some endurance based weight workouts once I am done with this rotation. Keep that back safe...when do you have an appt with your doc to get a referral?

Tracy***** I guess CB is a boyfriend as opposed to a boy friend...We just don't normally call each other that...probably since it implies a certain level of commitment we aren't quite ready to admit yet....lol! We have been seeing each other for 4 months now...I guess there is some sort of commitment there, hunh? Sorry to hear about FIL...at that age they just don't take falls well. Also your poor niece! Hope she is feeling better soon. Good luck on getting your shopping and decorating done this weekend. I am sure whatever workout you decided to do for your easy day is harder than my hard days...LOL! I haven't done Slo Mo legs yet since my back was bothering me this past week...so I will be attempting it later this week.

Sandra******* WoooHoooo on completing week 3!!! Onto recovery, hunh? How many times do you have to do Core Syn and YogaX? Aren't you a good mother to take the kiddos to do crafty things! You must have lost your mind temporarily when you suggested the slumber party! I know you are just trying to take my "best mom" tiara away! How many little germ infested urchins will this include? Will DD's male sleepover friend be invited to spend the night with a bunch of girls? I guess for FIL and live in GF I would probably use "significant other"...I always associate "partner" with gay couples for some reason...LOL! As far as XDH being Jewish...He is not especially devout...We were actually married in the Methodist church I grew up in and the minister substituted "God" or "Lord" for any "Jesus" references. He never goes to synagogue, but we always celebrate both Chanukah and Christmas...but no other Jewish holidays...and for Easter I have always just done the Easter bunny. He actually liked the house being decorated for the holidays. Have fun tomorrow on your rest day!!

Okay...gotta go get ready for my date...We are going out to a nice dinner, so that should be fun. Happy evening to all!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi Xers!

BROUGHT IT with Kenpo X today. I made sure to not take ANY extra breaks, and I STILL burnt less cals than last week, lol. It's just not that hard of a workout. Cathe brings it with KB much better than Tony :D It's ok, though, b/c I now have MORE creeping crud :( I have a very lovely cough and sore throat along with chest congestion. I'm glad tomorrow's a rest day. I hope I can kick this stuff to the curb. I'll catch up on personals tomorrow, but I wanted to say hey. I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Carol

Good evening,
Had a good day today, cleaning, baking, shopping, babysitting, partying at Mom's for her birthday. And my wrists and arms aren't puffy any more! Hoping the weather is okay tomorrow for a bike ride and golf. Maybe DH will want to go to Reno to shop. We'll see. Right now he's asleep in front of the woodstove.

Traci, hoping that you are having a nice time at bay. Any thoughts on when we can all get together? I'll be needing to put in a vacation request after the 1st of the year. Will the place be Debra's or Las Vegas? I'm open to anything except coming to po-dunk Susanville (here).

Sandra, hoping you get the new computer soon. So have you thought about instructing a workout class? Bet you would be super for it. Have fun planning the party for your DD. You are always busy with your kids, yep, mother of the year material for sure.

Debra, great job on losing any slight weight you may have gained. Did you get any yoga in today? Maybe you just need to get used to being called girlfriend. I remember when I married my DH, he had 2 kids. They were so anxious for a mom and loved calling me "mama". They were only 3 and 4 years old. I was like 20 years old. Being called "mama" was waaaaaay out of my comfort zone, but I got used to it soon enough.
LOL re: Happy Festivus! Love Seinfeld shows. Not good news about the menopausal weight. However, I have heard of some ladies that lost afterwards. Can only keep my fingers crossed that it's that way for me.

Tracy, so sorry to hear about your FIL. Hoping he pulls out of it. You are ahead of me, I need to get the tree up and start decorating soon. Heck, Christmas is just over a couple weeks away. Did you get to visit your niece? Sounds like she has it rough. Feel sorry for anyone with those problems. Glad you enjoyed your Amy workout. When does DS's bike come in?

Nicole, how was KenpoX today? Did you bring it good? I just was bummed about the puffiness this morning so had to change up and make myself happy. When do you get the MRI? Your Meez made me laugh out loud this morning.

Carol, darn it, you have the cold again? Please take it easy so that stuff gets kicked to the curb.

Got to run, hi to everyone!

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.