WWer's Check In - Sunday,January 14

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good morning! Sorry for a late start, we had a lady decided that she needed to come visit the ICU because she stopped breathing. That all happened right around 6 a.m. just as we were prepping for the end of shift.

Last night was a 3 mile jog. I decided that I really didn't need to push myself, so I took it easy and it felt really good. I even had a 9 yr old little boy decide to jog the last lap around the block with me! He was cute trying to keep up and I really wasn't going all that fast! You know...sprint to catch up, walk because he's tired, sprint, walk.

Well, I am off to bed. One more night at work before my "weekend"!!!

Good morning Amy... awww that's such a cute picture of the little boy trying to keep up with you! Sorry you had such a stressful end to your shift this morning.

My knee seems to be doing better. I'll probably cancel my dr's appt on Tuesday. I go for my regular check at the rheumatologist on February 28th and I'll see what he says. If it is not an injury and my RA progressing, there isn't much that can be done acutely anyway.

I was looking through some recipes this morning and thought about the Cathe Cookbook some of us put together a year or so ago (actually we all contributed and Shelley put it together). There are some fantastic recipes in there. Does anyone here on the WW thread not have it? It is a Word document and I'll be glad to send it to anyone who wants it.

Today is Step Blast and CM#2.

Have a great Sunday y'all.

Jane, wow, the Cathe cookbook sounds great. I'd love to have a copy if you can find it. I'm [email protected].

Have fun with Step Blast! I love that one. It was my Friday workout, I think.

This morning I will be picking up GS Legs that I didn't do yesterday on the rotation. I'm looking forward to it. May add on a little cardio afterwards.

Amy, the 3 mile run sounds perfect! Sorry your shift was so stressful... glad it's done.... hopefully the lady is breathing now!!!

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Jane, wow, the Cathe cookbook sounds great. I'd love to have a copy if you can find it. I'm [email protected].

Have fun with Step Blast! I love that one. It was my Friday workout, I think.

This morning I will be picking up GS Legs that I didn't do yesterday on the rotation. I'm looking forward to it. May add on a little cardio afterwards.

Amy, the 3 mile run sounds perfect! Sorry your shift was so stressful... glad it's done.... hopefully the lady is breathing now!!!

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Hi everyone....happy Sunday. I am pretty cranky today. I do not like being cranky. We are going to take the grandkids home, and I am going to stop and try to find a shirt for Rally next weekend. I have been looking for some new blouses since Christmas, and I have found one, but man, it has been hard!! I am not that picky, at least I did not think I was??!!

Today is supposed to be my rest day, but I am going to do a workout. I will miss working out Friday & Sat., so I will get an extra rest day then. I am going to do something today that has lower body in it, and cardio. I just don't feel like switching DVD's and messing around with that today. I want to push play, and when it stops, be done I may do a Leg & Glutes premix with KPC, or a premix off the new workouts. I just have to look and see what there is. I would like to do a Drill Max one maybe too??
Lori

Lori, Drill Max sounds fun.... I love that for cardio/lower body mix. Hope you are feeling better and that you pick something fun.

I did GS Legs as planned (first time ever. It was tough!)

I followed it up with 45 min TM weightloss program, level 8.
Still can't find my iPod. Was going to borrow DH's, but then I realized the TM time is a great opportunity to preview the Cathe workouts I haven't done yet. So I previewed iMax 2 to be ready for tomorrow morning. It looks fun! I'm looking forward to it.

I've been clean eating all weekend - only treat was some chips and salsa with dinner yesterday, and I worked them into the calories.

For dinner tonight I'll have whole wheat spagetti with tomato sauce and some vegetables.

On to the day. I'm going to practice the piano for awhile and then get ready for church.

Have a great Sunday afternoon, everyone!!

Cheryl

Hi everyone -
Just a quick checkin - Took two rest days - Friday and Saturday, was tempted to throw it in today too, but told myself to get off my duff and get busy. So I did Supersets and the Cardio Premix from KPC. First time doing Supersets and I really liked it. It was neat to have things mixed up with weights and the stability ball. Overall, I'm really glad I did the workout - I needed the physical release.

Nothing new on Gram - she is hanging on, no improvements. I feel really bad for my MIL. She gets a call almost nightly saying it doesn't look good - she heads up to the hospital and sits with Gram for a few hours, then things settles down and MIL goes home. This has happened at all hours, so my MIL is exhausted. Most of DH's family stops by the hospital daily to sit with Gram for a while, but my MIL is the primary contact so she dealing with the brunt of the calls. They've given Gram her last rites, so we're really just waiting now.

Amy - all I can say is that you and all your colleagues are angels. Going through this, Gram has had the most amazing group of caregivers. They've all taken the time to chat with us, to ask about Gram and her life. It's so incredible that they are giving us this emotional healing time when I know they are all so swamped with other patients. Thank you for being so selfless.

Cheryl - That's it - now I know you're actually Superwoman in disguise - doing TM after GS Legs while watching IMax 2. I can barely hold myself up after GS Legs, let alone attempt any type of cardio. I know you'll love IMax 2. It is my all time favorite Cathe workout!

Lori - the cranky's are awful.. I hate it when I get that way, espeically when I know it's no one's fault, but I'm snippy with everyone anyways. Hope you found a really fun workout to chase those cranky's away! How was the movie, BTW?

Jane - you have RA and you're doing Cathe?!?!?! My mom was diagnosed with RA when she was 36. They told her she'd be in a wheelchair by the time she was 40. She's 61 this year and still pretty active. She walks regularly and has, periodically, done some strength work, but she wouldn't even consider attempting anything remotely like Cathe. I'm duly impressed. I'm curious - are you on any meds for the RA or is it in "remission" (that's what my mom says when it's not acting up).

Traci - hope you enjoyed the bay. That tornado didn't come any where's near you, did it?? I thought of you as soon as they said TX on the news.

Off to do the dreaded billmax. Hope to have time for check in tomorow.

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Hi again....well, I did not work out, just could not bring myself to do it. I need a rest day, I am sore all over. I will miss one day of my rotation, or take it an extra day. I think I kinda like what it is doing for my body anyway, I might just keep on with it.

Night at the Museum was very good. The kids really liked it.

I am still cranky, and have a headache. I really just want to binge on fatteneing food, but I won't.
Lori

Hey Claude... I'm so sorry gram isn't doing any better. I'm glad you found release in your workout today.

Yes, I most certainly have RA.... was diagnosed at age 38, will be 46 this year. I'd had my up's and down's with this disease... I have been on everything they have I believe. I was diagnosed in January 1999 and at first methotrexate and prednisone brought me under control but every time they tried to reduce my prednisone dose, I would flare so they pulled me off methotrexate. I was then tried on Arava which worked beautiful but made my hair fall out!! I was never bald but my hair was so thin, you could see my scalp. My rheumatologist and me decided there were other options, I didn't have to live like that. I then tried Remicade... oh boy that didn't work.. I had a BAD reaction (hypertensive and tachycardic) on the third infusion... I'd built up antibiotics to it. Then they tried Enbrel which worked for about 1 1/2 years before it lost its effectiveness and I was finally pulled off of it at the 2 year mark and went back to methotrexate, all along having to go on prednisone pulses to calm down flares. In August of 2005, I had deteriorated to the point I needed to have something in conjunction with the methotrexate so I was put on Humira along with it and also was taking Mobic 15 mg. a day (I have been on Vioxx, Bextra... etc. before they were pulled from the market - it's a wonder I'm not dead!) Anyway I was on the Humira/metho combination until May of 2006 when I started having lung and skin problems from the methotrexate and was pulled off it and left on Humira with the Mobic. By August of 2006, I had deteriorated AGAIN on just the Humira and sulfasalazine was added to my regimen (2,000 mg. a day) so I am on a Humira/sulfasalazine combination now with Mobic 15 mg/day. I seem to be very tightly controlled right now. Except for some wrist soreness occasionally and, of course, my deformed hands, wrists, ankle, and toe joints, I can't even tell I have it. I just hope this regimen lasts a long time. I guess you could say I am in remission with only a little flare here and there, especially in my wrists.

Oh my gosh... look at all I've typed!!! Aren't you sorry you asked!!! ??

Oh, about doing Cathe... as long as I'm able, I believe that is why I am as healthy as I am. My poor DH catches everything going around and I haven't been sick (strep throat/flu) since 2001! Even though I am extremely immunosuppressed by my meds, my fitness level keeps my immune system and me strong.

Wow, Jane, I had no idea about the RA either. You are truly an inspiration!! So glad you're making the efforts to eat healthy and stay so fit.

Claude, wow, what a time you've all been through. I am glad you took the time to get a little rest, and very glad you enjoyed Supersets. I've only done that one once so far, but really enjoyed it as well.

Lori, sorry you're still feeling out of sorts.

Now you have me even more excited for iMax 2 tomorrow! It looks really fun.

Well, have a great Sunday night, everyone!!
Cheryl

Jane- Cathe and not to mention the transcriptionist job!!! WOW, I'm in awe!!! I am sad to see that you've had a hard go of it trying to find the "magic" combiniation to keep the flare-ups at bay!

Cheryl- WOW, and TM run AFTER GS legs??? I also did GS legs tonight for the first time (just got it this last week!) and I could barely walk! OUCHY!! I know that I will be feeling it tomorrow, especially those low pulse lunges!!! I LOVE Imax 2, there is a total fun-factor to it that I love! I also make it "more" by adding the power circuits from BM2 either during the 'break' or interspersed throughout the intervals! Makes for a super fun 80 min sweat-fest!!!

DH drove me to work tonight (that was already planned because I want to go out for bkfast in the morning and stop by Academy Sports and look at barbells finally!!), so he'll pick me up from work in the morning.

Traci- I hope that you and DH ( and the doggies) had a great weekend. We missed you!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.