WWer's Check In- Monday, January 15th

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good Morning, Ladies!!! It's 0450....time to rise and shine!!! (Revelle in the backround!!)

Sorry, I have had a very boring night at work....so much so, I actually am almost done with knitting a sock!!! I don't normally bring my knitting to work with me, but happened to last night as DH drove me to work and we are planning on having breakfast this morning. I normally head on home and pick him up for breakfast, but I want to kill some time on this side of town before Academy Sports opens up. I am going to get a barbell set....FINALLY!!

The DOMS from GS legs hasn't hit yet, but if it's anything like last week's PLB, they won't hit hard until tomorrow (Tuesday) and last until into Wednesday! Darn those stupid Low Ends!!!;-) }( :7

Happy Monday to all!

Got back from our little weekend getaway yesterday - read some posts & DH decided he wanted to start working on taxes. Needless to say that took remainder of afternoon! Bay was awesome! The cold front starting moving in to Houston so we were 20 degrees warmer at bay! A very low key lazy weekend for me.

Back to business today.. Final 2 weeks of P90X rotation YIPPEE so I have Chest & Back for the final time time today! Maybe I'll even miss all those pushups!

Will read all of Frid, Sat & Sunday and be back with personals in a while. Have a great MLK day today- Hope some of you got the day off!

BBL
:D

Welcome back Traci!!! Good morning Amy and all that follow. Off work today, so need to get in gear. Shopping with DD and DIL today.

Traci!!!!! We missed you!!!!!

Amy, wow, a whole sock? (heh, heh) Must be an exciting work day. I'm excited for you to get those barbells at last. Will be fun.

My DOMS from GS has set in big time. I thought I'd headed it off pretty much by getting on the TM right afterwards, but no. I'm in the middle of iMax2 here and had to pause it for a minute to rest my legs - so here I am - and will finish up in a minute. It's fun. Even at 6:30 in the morning.

Have a great Monday a.m., everyone!

Cheryl

Good Morning,

I had a very relaxing weekend, how about you guys, I mainly rested. But, I have to tell ya Scrambled Eggs just about killed me Saturday omg I had to stop lay down, stop and lay down. But, I made it. When I got home Friday, to my surprise I got my replacement DVD all except BM2.

I feel so much better today I believe that virus I had is completely gone.

Tracie glad you had a great time, it been years since I had a vacation or been any where. I gotta work on that.

This morning, I revisited an old friend I did Low Max, nice!!!! Tonight, MIS UB or CTX UB and abs, gotta run

Teddygirl~

Back With Weekend Personals!

Its so dang cold I can barely type! Sleet & Ice by noon today for 72 hours......brrrrrrrrrrrr

JENNIFER
Welcome back! You have been missed!!! So sorry to hear about all your trials & challenges but glad to see you are taking care to mend.

JANE: Hooray on knee being so much better! Glad you are going to have a great shopping day today! Be careful all those sales can be dangerous! I had no idea about your RA... I swear I am amazed at what you do and how you work thru pain & discomfort...what an inspiration you are to me. Thank you for sharing this part of your life.

Lori: Quite a workout you had on Sat! Thats incredible! sorry about the case of crankies yesterday... boy oh boy can I relate lately!

CHERYL:
Girl- Your marathon workouts are really paying off for you..I just dont know how you do o much every single day. I NEED to know your vitamins! Enjoy Imax 2 today!!! Lovin' the DOMS eh????

CLAUDE:
Good for you for doing what you know your body needed. The next few days & weeks ahead will be difficult and you so need to pamper yourself and workout your emotions. My thoughts continue to be with you & family. Thanks for wondering about tornado... I actually dont know where exactly it hit but must not have been too close to me! We are safe & sound.

AMY:
Barbells? Oh my you are now fully equipped arent you? Will you be entering the muscle woman competitions any time soon????? VERY jealous... I STILL have not received my book! *note the cute pouting please*.... First time Amazon has ever let me down....
Hey about egg whites.... Can you buy them as a powder? Does WalMart carry them or is it a Sports Nutrition Store I need to go to? Do they taste ok???? Do they have a ton of persevatives in this form? When do you get your Nordic thingy? Lots of ??? for you today! lol

TEDDYGIRL:
Working on MLK day??????? so sad! but glad we get talk! NICE job on weekend workout and then LOWMAX today! Yep- our gal is back! Very Very happy that you are recovered. We miss you when you're out of work!

Off to eat something before I hit Chest & back and will probably add in some cardio just to keep warm! Back Later gang!

Ay yi yi, only made it through 40 minutes of iMax 2. Not the workout's fault - it's just too early and too soon after GS Legs/TM from yesterday, and I have to go to work early today :(

That's okay. It's enough to make me happy for today.

Teddygirl, welcome back, and congratulations on making it through BM2 Scrambled Eggs AT ALL. It's more than I've done :7
Somehow I can't bring myself to repeat the same step routines in the same workout. I guess I'm spoiled.

Off to work, darn it! My biggest client has their worldwide sales conference in Salt Lake City today, so there was no way I could beg off for the day. Oh well.

Have a great day, everyone!

PUB on tap for tomorrow - Yayy!!

Cheryl

Good Morning, welcome back Traci!!! Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Tonight is my first Jewelry Show of the New Year. I am excited to get back to work!!

I am going to do L&G's today, and probably CC. I have only used 5 FP's this week, and really don't know if I used that many with not knowing the Points on the salad.

BBL....Lori

Morning everyone -
I did LIC Cardio Blast this am, followed by AB Ripper X.

Jane - thanks for the run down on your RA. Wow - you've had a really tough time with it. I recall my mom having to play the medicine roulette wheel early on when they were trying to figure what combination works best for her (I was in middle school at the time). She settled in with predinisone and methotrexate and has been on them for several years now with minor adjustments when the RA starts flaring up too frequently. I'm glad that you've been able to keep active and stay healthy despite the RA and all the meds. Wow!!

Amy - LOL at the one sock - maybe it'll be quiet next week and you can finish the pair. Yea for barbells! I only wish I had room for them.

Traci - so happy you're back. Glad you enjoyed your relaxing weekend at the bay. I'm sure it was more fun than putting away all the holiday decorations which is what I did.

Lori - enjoy your show tonight! Sounds like the crankies got chased away with a good night's sleep. It's good that you listened to your body - sometimes we do need an extra rest day, even if the rotation says we don't.

Cheryl - Enjoy those DOMS from GS Legs. That is the one workout that NEVER fails to give me DOMS.

Teddygirl - Glad you're finally feeling more like your old self.

Well, it's over. Mom (MIL) called just before I left for work. Gram passed away at 3:30 this morning. We're dealing with the conflicting feelings of thank goodness it's over and OMG she's really gone. DH is doing remarkably well. I thought he'd be really upset when it finally happened but he hated seeing her in the hospital like that. I think he had accepted it a while ago. Gram wanted no funeral, no wake. Just the cremation of her remains. That's it. It feels odd, just going on with every day life and not doing anything special to pay our respects, but that's what she wanted so I guess that's it. I'm doing pretty good at the moment. I'm sure it'll hit at some random time later today. Thanks for being here with me through this. It was nice to have a place to write it all out.

Have a good Monday everyone!

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Claude: My heart is with you & family. I feel that it is a priveledge when people share this time of their life. Thank you for caring enough about US to include us in your personal life so deeply. Take good care of yourself & DH- my DH lost his dad back in the 80's and still grieves deeply. I have not lost a parent yet but it seems that it is a loss like no other. BIG BIG BEAR HUG to you.

Claude- I was just checking in before heading to bed and I had to post. HUGE Hugs to you and your family! I understand the conflicting emotions about Gram, just remember that she can breathe good now and can do what ever she wants!!! One thing that I learned from my dad (and all his years as a minister) is that the funeral/wake services are NOT for the deceased....they are for closure for the remaining family! I would really, really stress to you to have at least a memorial service for the family, just for closure purposes! I PROMISE, Gram won't mind!!!

More personals later, I am about to face plant on the keyboard!!!

Oooooh, Claude, I am so sorry for your news - glad that you feel peace with the outcome, but sorry for all the emotions you must be feeling right now. My prayers are with you.

Please be well!!
Cheryl

(((((((((CLAUDE)))))))))

OMG, I just thought I’d check in one more time today and now this, I’m so sorry to hear about your Gram. Here is a very big hug for you. My prayers are also with you.

Teddygirl~

{{{{{{Claude}}}}}}}}}} all my hugs are going out to you. My prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for sharing this very private and painful time with us... I'm like Traci, I feel honored that you are.

Thanks for the comments on my RA and fitness level.... I guess when people are presented with something like a chronic disease, they can keep going and keep getting the best of it or sit down and let it get the best of them.... I chose the former...

Just got in from my day out with DD and DIL.... GSL is calling me!

Good evening, all!

Again, Claude- I wish you lots of hugs!!!

Well, unloaded the back of the truck. I had to carry the barbell set in literally pieces at a time! It goes up to 110 lbs! I really wanted something that went up to about 80, but this one was the smallest one they had. I think that I may have to work with it a bit as the spring clips are a bit tight now. Anyone with a barbell set know if they loosen up? I'm having a really hard time getting them to clip on the ends! What good is working with extra weights if they don't stay on??? I wanted the spring clips for the quick changes Cathe does, but at this rate, the screw on fasteners would be quicker!

Anyway, I also got a new stability ball...a pretty bright pink one! I had been using the silver one from Core Secrets and have never really liked it..too spongy! I never feel like I'm getting any good out of it no matter how much I inflate it! The new one is more like the firmer plastic that Cathe uses. I love the color, too! Oh, I also picked up 7.5 lbs plates for the barbell set to add some variety from the 2.5, 5 and 10 lb plates.

Between that and having to clean up lubricating grease that somehow got tracked in from the garage, I've been busy this evening!

Traci- I am sorry that you haven't received your book yet. I went on the site (www.eatcleandiet.com) and they revised the release day from the 1st of January to today, the 15th! I hope that it comes soon! One really nice thing is that she has check lists for what to keep in your pantry/fridge. I am planning on photo-copying them and using them as shopping lists! Speaking of egg whites, I need to pick some up tomorrow, I just finished my last carton. I get them at Walmart in the refrigerated section next to the Egg Beaters. They are just the egg whites! Like I said before, I have too much of my mom in me to purchase cartons of eggs just to toss the yolks! They are liquid and taste just like egg whites.

Oh, Jane- I picked up that agave nectar stuff! Super YUM! I told my mom about it for dad to use in his honey because of his diabetes. I also am going to try and get DH to use it as he's been told that he needs to watch his sugar intake (not that he does!!x( )

DH checked the shipping information and the elliptical trainer will arrive the 18th!!! I am hoping that it won't be too difficult to put together! Anyway, we also went to Sears this morning because they carry the same elliptical. DH wanted me to try it out as well as to see just how small of a space it takes up when it's folded. I took it for a test run as well and it felt great!!! It's going to be fun again! DH made a funny comment on the way home as well.....he mentioned the elliptical trainers at Academy Sports and thought that they were really chintzy looking and feeling. Any they were. Anyway he said, "They way you workout, you'd break those in about 3 months!!! I'm glad that I went for a high quality one that has a power ramp to it!" I hadn't even noticed that he was checking the ellipticals out!

Jane, Good luck with that Gym Style Legs! I was very surprised how much I'm feeling it today.

Im realizing how much I have neglected lower body weight work - and B&G is more specifically focused on glutes & Core - so I only just bought GS Legs off the Ya Ya Swap recently just to complete my collection. Yow!

I did end up weighing in this morning, but not until after I'd eaten breakfast. It was 129.2. Up .8 from last Saturday, but I feel like I held my ground over the weekend, so I'm fine.

On to PUB for tomorrow!

Have a great night, everyone!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.