WW CheckIn 12/10 SUNDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy good Sunday! Starting us off as Amers must be busy at work... Hey Amy- tell those patients to go to sleep so you can play on-line!:7

Anyway... Will need to come back after reading yesterdays posts...

Today is P90 Chest/Shoulders/Triceps & Abs.... I remember major DOMS from last week w/ this one... Like for 2 days couldnt lift my arms DOMS.... joy of joy for a Sunday workout! I am officially at the halfway point today w/ P90X:D

Talked in my sleep all night and finally woke the entire family w/ it all VERY EARLY! Cracks me up but DH was not amused today!! LOLOLOL I tell him its payback for his snoring... We are a very noisy household!

Going to get java & read yesterday... BBL:7

LOL, Traci- I am finding that you and I are more and more alike! I talk in my sleep all the time!!! DH snores pretty good too, although not as much since he got the surgery for it! I hope that you enjoy your DOMS today!!! Congrats on the halfway point of P92X!!!}( Tonight is Jari Love, I really like knowing that I am working myself to DOMS but not going super strong. January Oxygen mentioned something about changing up heavy lifting with endurance lifting every 2-4 weeks (I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing, just glance at it).

Cheryl- Welcome back! I am glad that you were able to do good on the eating front. I hope that you got some good sleep last night!

More later when I get home!

Didnt miss too much yesterday... December Saturdays must be really busy for all of us!

Jane: AWESOME food choices all day yesterday! I am so impressed w/ the cookie control... funny but I can pass up cookies all day long UNLESS they are coming hot out of the oven... Cant tell ya how many times I've burned the roof of my mouth eating the directly from oven...lol. I do that w/ pizza too. Certain smells send me into a feeding frenzy... maybe I can get a nose job that takes away my sense of smell...hmmmmmm
You are really on to something about fatigue & food.... I've read that when your body is fatigued it craves carbs for energy... If we can force a power nap instead we can wake up 20 minutes later cravings free... It does hold true for me but remembering to do it (or being able to do it) is another story in the moment! I think thats why we women who have sleep disturbances throughout life can struggle more w/ wt. For some its babies, partying, menopause (all stages) stress etc..... My DH goes right to sleep and stays there all night but me w/ hormones... I feel blessed if I get 5 uninterrupted hours. I'm always awake, asleep, awake, asleep.

Amy: Thanks for correcting my spelling on Sparkpeople... I lol because we all know that just 1 little letter can send you into territory on the web you dont really want to go;-)

Have a great Morning Everyone- am enjoying the analysis of all the different challenges we are having, It really does help talking thru it all.

Amy- I MUST need more coffee- I thought you wrote that DH had an operation to stop talking in his sleep! :7 :+ :7 :+ TOO FUNNY this morning!
Havent gotten my Jan Oxygen out of wrapper yet... gotta go read as that may help me decide to do as my next rotation....

Good morning Traci and Amy and all that follow...

Amy - how sweet for that family to leave you cookies. LOL at me sending you some cowboy cookies... I don't like you'd like me very much for that, they are truly addictive!

Traci - definitely lack of sleep and overall fatigue makes me eat. No doubt about that at all. I just wish there was that point in time where when I feel the overwhelming urge to eat more than I'm suppose (usually carbs), I would stop and look at it objectively and say, "okay now this is what's going on, let's do this differently". But every time I end up giving into the urge and shaking my head afterward asking my "how did that happen AGAIN". That's why I've been tracking my eating patterns on a calendar and I can SEE the correlation so clearly, why can't I control it?

Hopefully today will be better. I am making the bugles today and the Rolo cookies. I'm sitting here thinking as I'm typing though....I have two coupons I got on the mail from Express. They have their X2 jeans $20 off now from $59, that brings them down to $39, then the coupons are $15 off one item.... DD and I could each get a pair of Express X2 for $24... might wind up at the mall today instead of in the cookie dough!!:p

Jane- we have a grocery store that stocks Cowboy cookies, and yes, they are truly addictive!!! I actually was able to hold myself to one cookie (although it was difficult because they were SO tasty!) and brought the other 3 home to DH (not that he needs them, but it's better than me eating them!!!

I also read something about the correlation between fatigue and cravings.

Traci-LOL at the talking surgery!! I never did get my Dec issue of Oxygen! I just started subscribing last September and immediately got October and November back to back, then got January this last Friday and February's yesterday. I guess I will have to call them about December!

Jane- I hope that you can get your cookies done today, or shopping, whatever ends up happening!

Traci- Last night I had a very, very sad patient last night. He came in for one thing, but found out that he was dying of something else and it was a total shock to the family as well. Anyway, the daughter flew in from Houston last night. When I found that out, I said, "OH, I have a really good friend from Houston!" (Never mind we haven't actually "met"!)

Off to Never-Neverland, everyone! Check in on you later~!

Heyyyyy Friends!

Here's to a wonderful Sunday!

Jane, how interesting that you've mapped out your eating vulnerabilities. Very worth your while, I think - at least when the tendency comes, you know exactly what's happening.... kind of like me and the press tours... we can master this!!

Traci, what a workout today! Are you finished yet? Killer upper body workouts are the hardest, I think ... but also the workouts that give you some of the best rewards.

Amy, sounds like you're having a day of it at work. That must be so hard dealing with terminally ill patients (and their families). Good luck with your patient today. How is it going?

I slept in. Needed it sooo bad. I'm probably going to miss church today... but I need the rest. About to start Boot Camp - Hurray!! I love this one, and it's just an hour.

Had a wonderful Saturday yesterday with my kids and DH. Went to a chinese buffet for dinner (my one big meal) because Applebees was a madhouse, even at 5 p.m. - but I behaved myself pretty well. Limited my self to one plate and one small treat.

I also endulged yesterday and got eyelash extensions. Very cool! Like hair extensions, but they apply them to one eyelash at a time. Made my lashes longer and about double in thickness - no more mascara. It's semi-permanent. You have to go in every few weeks for touch ups. Decided if I might want to add some lowers as well. We'll see.

Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Hi yet again, everybody -

Managed just 50 minutes of the 60 minutes in BootCamp. Not feeling well. I think I'm fighting off the regional crud.

Also checked out the new WW site this morning and it's crawling like a snail. The new points quiz says I should be eating 18 points a day. I don't think so!!!

Got so frustrated I logged into Spark People and took another look at it. Does Spark let you log your daily nutrition and workouts and see a summary for the week? If it does, I may finally be at the frustration point I cancel my WW online subscription...

Onward and upward! I can't tell you ladies enough how much I appreciate you and your input, your inspiration and friendship...

Cheryl

Hi There Ladies... Is Claude home yet???? Want all the wondeful details of romantic weekend... ok, maybe not ALL!;-)

I did warmup + Kick of CTX 10*10*10* then my P90 Ch/Sh/Tri and finished off w/ 10*10*10* hiLo & Step. I forgot how much I loved this CTX workout...Its got everything in a 30 minute cardio...VERY Efficient!

Jane: GO SHOPPING!!!!!!! It burns more calories than baking!}( What great deals you are finding out there.... I'm going look for jeans tomorrow as I am smack in the middle of my sizes in closet... SKINNY jeans are a 6... too tight in hips, Mid size are 8's.... too tight in hips..... Biggies are a 10.....to big everwhere. I think I am a 6 if I cut off my hips but they are still a 9x(

Amy: {{{{{{{{{{{{amy}}}}}}}}}}}}} tough night out there sweets. I am so sorry. For some reason all the medical difficulties seem even more difficult at holidays dont they? DH and I were talking last night... His dads been gone since late 80's but he was diagnosed w/ cancer 1 week before Xmas and even tho he died mid year my DH will forever remember Christmas as such a sad and traumatic time. My heart goes out to all...

Cheryl: So happy you got to sleep in but so;( you may be getting the crud! PLEASE take your advise to me as it was really really good!;-) REST for a day or 2 and let your body shake it before it goes full blown. I truly was so happy I took all the rest advise because it was gone 48 hours later.
Eyelashes sound WAY COOL!!!!!!! I really dislike mascara especially in humid texas...even waterproof tends to run in the summer... Now my list is growing... Amy's thing of Facials - Cheryls eye lash extensions....WHATS NEXT!
Sorry for frustration w/ new WW.... I feel your pain!
YES Sparkpeople logs nutrition, fitness, manual calories burned... you can enter anything & everything manually if you know specifics... or you can use their guides. I love the reports... places for measurements....you can log daily wt if you want... it really does do everything. Amys into the community end but I just stick to my logs because of time here..hehehehheehe I swear if I get involved in any more computer time I'll look up & DH will be gone!
Anyway... see what you want to do... I actually did both WW Online & Sparkpeople for about a month until I was sure it tracked the way I liked. GOOD LUCK in your process!

Hi everyone!!!
Got back late yesterday. Spent the day doing office work, and getting the house ready for our parties. Still need to go for groceries and it's getting late. Better not stay too long.

Newport was awesome. We had a great time and spent way too much $$. We bought christmas decorations, 2 cases of wine, an oil painting by some no name artist, but it's perfect for our parlor (when you live in an old house, you don't have living rooms, you have parlors :p hehe).

Anywhoo, the timeshare place we stay at had the nerve to get rid of their fitness room!!!!! The last time we were there it was closed for renovations. They said it's now an owner's lounge with a big screen TV, fireplace and big plush couches. That's exactly what America needs, more places to sit our fat rear-ends down and watch TV!! Ohhh, I'm ranting,,, sorry. I was truly ticked about it this weekend. So, needless to say I got no workouts of any kind, well, maybe one kind, but we won't go into that...;-)

But it didn't matter in the end. Despite the drinks, the desserts and all the great food, the scale stayed exactly the same!! I was very happy about that.

AND I KNOW WHAT I'M GETTING FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! The credit card bill came in and I'm getting P90X, plus $250 of stuff from Cathe.com - whoa! Looks like DH actually listened! I can't wait!!:7 :7 :7

OK - catching up -
Traci/Amy - you have lemon trees?? I love lemons! I can never get enough. I squeeze the juice and freeze it for lemonade. Plus I put it in just about everything. You are so lucky, even if you do have too many!

Amy - love the jacket! So sorry about your patient. Is DH doing better now - he had several nasty falls over the past few days.

Jane - Had to laugh, I keep a workout journal too. Daily weight, workout, AP's burned, weights used, time worked out. Haven't started color coding, but I like the idea!!

Lori - {{{hugs}}} to your and your family. What a tough situation to be in, stepson going to Iraq, Dad going in the hospital. You needing to be in two places at once, wishing neither thing was happening. Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday when you're Dad goes in for his surgery.

Cheryl - great job on getting through the press tour!!

OK , everyone, hope I didn't miss anyone. Gotta get some food in this house. All that's left is one sleeve of oreos and some shredded cheese. That won't do.

Claude

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing" unknown.

Claude, welcome home, and what a great Christmas gift! I can't imagine anything better. Woo hoo!

And I'll bet you enjoyed those (ahem) workouts ;-)

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.