WW Check In- Saturday 12/30

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Good Morning, y'all!!!

Last night was RTTC again. I told mom that I have been doing that workout every Friday for the last 2 months and I *still* can't remember what exercise is next! Anyway, I have been considering moving on to something different for my weight workouts. I think that I will go back to MM on Fridays (love that workout!!) and maybe ME on Sundays. I have to preview it first because I haven't looked at it, nor done it EVER! I love Cathe's hair in it, though! (I digress). Anyway, I am still liking the 4 days of cardio/2 days of weights since my body responds better to higher cardio, lower weights. My body is like your's I guess, Cheryl! I found out a couple of months ago that I am an endo/mesomorph. (tend towards higher fat around the hips/thighs (endomorph), but put on and maintain muscle very easily (hence, the meso part)).

Depending on the weather, I may go for a jog tonight to give my knees a break from step. I have working up to 8" on most of my step stuff (except Imax 2, of course!) which is a really good workout!! I really like step, but I also need the variety. Plus, I tend to be on the nosy side, so I like to see what's what around the neighborhood.;-)

I hope that you all have a good day, and I hope that you all slept well!!!

Morning Amy and all who follow!

AMY:
Quite a workout yesterday again Amers! I am just SO VERY IMPRESSED how you are continuing to do them with parents vist! INSPIRING!
Interesting thing - I'm and endo/meso as well but since peri started my body actually "bloats" w/ too much cardio. Since the ratio is flopped now w/ P90X I am finally shrinking! Arent bodies amazing creatures???

Teddygirl:
I am so happy for you that all your thoughts of the new year are leading you to a good place spiritually. Sorry I missed you on Friday but HAPPIEST of NEW YEAR to you as well!

Lori:
Happy that you arent feeling overly sad about son moving. So many people get empty nest... I recall my mom relieved when I (last of 3 girls) moved out at 18! She immediately started changing rooms/painting/ making the house her dream home! Hope IMAX 2 was a goodie for you! Thanks for neck/back well wishes! Was doing much better yesterday until I had to sleep in living room because of dogs/storms all night... the couch isnt good for necks!
Oh well... just back to heating pad for the day I guess. Mine is nothing near as severe as your brokken neck! OMG that just sounds horrid.

CHERYL:
WooHoo on the brownies being gone from your body!!!!! Great way to just get it all back under your control and move forward. RE: Strength vs cardio... At what point do you see yourself going back to heavy wt training? Is it a scale or BF% goal that you'll be looking at? I really was pretty amazed how you were doing SH + Cardio! Heavy Strength Training like that & P90X just wipes me out... Hope you get in your desired run today!! That will surely make you very happy!... Got a good chuckle about the Ex-Wives Club! My DH has 2 of them and I told the guy who made my wedding ring (he also made the other two) that he was unfortunately going to be out of business cuz there would be no #4! lol

Today is official REST so I will do a Cathe Stretch Tape for about an hour. Round 3 of P90X officially starts tomorrow....

My official stats since starting 8 weeks ago are in and are as follows:
Weight: Down 4#
BF%: Down 5%
Chest: Down 2.5"
Waist: Down 2.0"
Hips: Down 1"
Thigh: Down 1.5'

Overall I am VERY pleased! My Thighs havent slimmed at all in several years so this is a huge factor for me in learning what works & doesnt for my body.
I am lifting every exercises 4-6 pounds heavier than ever! Feeling re-energized after doing measurements so the next 4 weeks I will really push myself!

Have a great day to all- will sneak back in a bit later!

Those are awesome stats, Traci!!! Way to go!!! I am so jealous! I worked up the courage to step on the scale yesterday and was not surprised that I was up about 4 lbs! I don't think all of that was fat, because eating has been so-so, but next week is TTOM, so I think that that is part of it. The reason I don't think it's all from the extra eating is because my clothes don't fit any differently, which has me wondering what's up?

Anyway, congratulations on the awesome numbers, Traci!!!

"See" you all later!!!

Good Morning....in MI the weather has been so mild for the last 2-3 weeks. It has been in the 40's, and sunny the last week. I hate to see the cold and snow come....but I am afraid it is inevitable.

Amy, I did not add on the blasts to Imax 2. I wimped out.

Traci, great measurements, and stats.

Cheryl, isn't going down sizes fun?? I have a pair of 6's I got in 2000 after I did a BFL Challenge, and I wore them once, and never again, but I never got rid of them either because I knew someday I would get into them again. Last week I tried them on, and they fit, quite comfortably too. I bought a pair of 6 pants when I went shopping with my mom too!!

Today my workout will be PUB/LB combo. I don't feel that I have the ene4rgy to do cardio also. I am waiting to see Cathe's Jan. rotation, I may do it!!

Where is Buffy?? Everyone else, have a great day!!
Lori

Good morning, everyone!

I've been caught in the horrible thros of peri-menopause today, and no run. First, DH's 21 year old daughter (A long story, but she's in many ways the nightmare of our lives) came over last night late to see his other kids and at about 12:30, when she was ready to leave, decided to call her dad's cellphone instead of finding him in the house to say goodbye. His cellphone was in our room, of course, and woke me out of a deep sleep (!#$%*!!)

I unfortunately chewed DH out about it a little, couldn't go back to sleep until 3:30, and then woke up at 6:00 with TOM and probably the worst cramps I've had in a couple of years. I felt lightheaded just trying to stand up.

I think this explains my weakness the past 2 days. It was PMS. (Probably explains my taking poor DH's head off as well... sigh...)
The only good news is that my midsection suddenly feels lighter than it's been in a couple of months. }( ;)

So I'm taking a complete rest day today and will try to prepare for a meaningful workout tomorrow morning.

Peri is so weird! I can't remember when my last period was - I may have missed one or may be late - and I thought maybe things were slowing down. I've never had a period this bad come on me with absolutely now advance warning... oh well...

Amy and Traci - I actually think I'm an endo/meso combination as well. I have tendencies of both, although the past 2 years the endo part has been dominant. And my small bone structure would suggest ecto - go figure! x(

Amy, great workout! I tried RTTC only once. I hear you on needing to mix in some actual runs. I was so sore after last Saturday's run outside - I realized I'm running the TM on a high incline, so even though my conditioning is increasing, it uses the muscles in a different way and so I need to be mixing in more outdoor runs as well.

Traci, wow, thanks for posting your stats. I had no idea your measurements had come down so dramatically. That is huge, huge, huge. To lose 4 pounds of scale weight and make this big a transformation ... wow. Especially on your upper body and waist, it probably makes you look like a different person.

In fact, that's my one and possibly only complaint about WW. They just don't differentiate the weight lost, and the most important question is "pounds of what?" So I guess we need to manage that part for ourselves.

Lori, is the PUB/PLB combo a pre-mix or are you actually doing all of both of these workouts? Wow! No way I'd be able to do all that and then cardio, too. I'm with you on the Cathe January rotation. I'm tempted to follow it, but probably with modifications.

Hurray on all the new pants! Now you're in a new personal era for sure. This new year is going to be fun, for all of us, with all the progress we have already made. The rest will be the icing on top of the cake.

Here's to a wonderful New Year! Have a graet Saturday everyone!

Cheryl

Cheryl, I did the combo premix, then B&G abs(which I LOVE this ab workout), and then the ankle weight work from L&G. I am glad it is all over.....Everytime I work my muscles, I have been doing leg work too. I have been doing a Generic Circuits Rotation that Fitness Freak had posted until Cathe's January one came up. If I don't like her January rotation, I may do her Aug. 2004 rotation. It is for the buns and legs.

How old are you?? I think I am starting to go thru perimenopause too. I am 43. My come way too often though, like every 3 weeks, and then I won't have one for 6 weeks. I just go tover mine, and it feels like it is ready to start again. I just had a physical though, and they took blood, but my dr.'s office never said anything about it.

Well, we are catching up on our movies this weekend. We are off to another one, not sure which one yet....TTYTomorrow.
Lori

Hi, Lori -

I'm 48. I would say both of us are probably firmly into peri-menopause (along with Traci! Welcome to our club) :)

This is one of the first signs, that periods start getting whacky. I was so regular I could set my calendar by my cycle until just this year. I've started paying more attention to hormone levels along with thyroid, cortisol and adrenal levels and it's made a world of difference for me. It was one of the reasons my body was suddenly holding onto excess weight, and my ill-guided attempts to just "gut through it" and run harder were just taxing my weakened system and making it worse. I found a good natural health oriented doctor and it's made all the difference. I still have to do all the work to fight my way back to optimum fitness, but at least I'm dealing with "normal math" again and I know what to do to make things better and not worse.

I look at it as a kind of blessing I got because it's forced me to eat 100% better - something my DH doesn't have the incentive to do because he's naturally thin.

Well - on the fun front - I just got permanent eyeliner today, to go with my new eyelash extensions. It hurt like the dickins - it's a literal tattoo, right along the edges of your lashline, all the way 'round. I love it though! I've been too chicken up until now to do it, but got a very good recommendation for a practitioner who's been doing this for the past 19 years. Glad I did it. Now I can sweat up a storm, but at least my eyes will look good!

Have a great afternoon, everyone -
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.