WW Check In- Friday, 12/15

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Hey everyone!

Lori- Yes, it's common for patients to have the chest tubes in for 1-3 days after surgery. Our surgeons don't like us to get the patients out of bed when they still have them in due to their placement location. But that's a personal thing to the surgeons. Your father should really be taking his pain medication (whether he wants to or not) so that he doesn't get to the point where he hurts so much that he doesn't cough and deep breathe likes he supposed to to prevent pneumonia! Tell him to no be so "manly" and try and tough it out, it's only hard on himself and your family seeing him in so much pain!!!

I had to laugh at my WW meeting last night. I sort of bent another lady's nose out of shape when she asked me what my scale results were. I have gotten to the point where it really doesn't play all that much role in my life anymore and when I told her that I guess I gained 1/2 lbs, but wasn't sure because I don't pay attention anymore, she huffed, "Well!" Another lady that sits behind me was kind enough to butt in and said, "But Amy, if I had lost as much as you have, I wouldn't really care about 1/2 lb either!" Well then the first lady got all "nicey, nice" and said really loud, "Yes, I hope to be in your place someday!" All I can say is.....WHAT-EVER!!!

Anyway, they introduced the new material. Well, it's not really not new, just revamped. All the booklets are updated and are more square than rectangle in shape. They have a new "organizer" that looks like a lunch bag instead of the booklet holder they used to. I haven't looked at their new Dining out and Complete Food guides, but they say that the Food guide is more user friendly. Anyway, we figured out our "personaly" points target. Where according to the website, I was given 4 more points to eat. Well, according to the paperwork, I am given 6 more points to eat! That brings my daily points target from 24 to 30!!! That doesn't include the APs you earn OR the 35 extra points a week you get to play with. No surprise, though. I have been eating about 32-33 points a day, anyway, so that takes into account of either my flexies OR my APs, whatever I want.

I hope that you all have a good Friday!

Traci- Are the baseboards sparkling!???? I am sure that the family will really take notice of them....and especially the dogs!;-) }(

I will check in from work after you all are sleeping later tonight. Be good!

Good Morning Amy & All to follow-
Wow what a blur this week has been! Got 7 hours of "my bed" sleep last night and feel ready to take on the world! Official WI is down 2 pounds!!!!!! BF down another 1 %WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!! I am officially 5.5 pounds from goal wt!!!! I guess my "extra" rest days from P90X were good for the old bod!

AMY: Funny ~ I can almost see/hear ya being a trouble maker for all the WW people}( STIR THAT POT GIRL! lololololololol BTW: If you REALLY don't want that 1/2 pound ship it on over to me! I'll take any loss at all !!!

CHERYL: I havent caught up on yesterday but WELCOME BACK TO YOU! What a victorious trip in many ways... I'm proud to be called your check-in buddy! GREAT JOB! Now enjoy the holidays only 2 weeks left!

Going to read yesterdays personals & will be back in a few... I noticed I have ALOT to cathch up on! You ladies are REALLY kickin booty this holiday season!

TeddyGirl: x( on your neighbor issue... When I lived in apts I always opted for first floor apts because of that fear. Not as "safe" supposedly but I figured the burglers would be scared off by ny groaning & grunting during W/O's! Hope you got everthing resolved so its a win/win!

CLAUDE: I hear Sean loves sweaty women!:7 Hope you got alot checked off your "to-do" lists yeserday! My hammys & Glutes are really sore this am from the baseboard lunges! You need to make a video!

LORI: Hope today brings you some peace of mind... Amys right, tell your dad not to play it macho...so hard on family to see loved ones in pain. Just keep reminding yourself that he is on the mend and that the pain will lessen a bit each day. Do something good for yourself today that will help you relax and unwind. You deserve a mental break! {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

Buffy: Hope all is well and you are enjoying the holiday season.. Your workouts are killer- do you ever rest?

JANE: Kudos for even considering completing planned workouts in the PM after such a busy day! I hope your puter is being friendly again! Its amazing to me that computers become obsolute so quickly! I get a new one overy 2 years and by the time I get it my other is ready for the parts yard! There is a perk being married to a techie entrepeneur!

Todays plan...
7am WALMARTx(
9am P90X Legs & Back & Abs (yesterdays w/o)
10:30 Start Pie Baking using lemons from my tree:)
Noon: KenpoX (todays w/o) + Timesaver 1 Step... gotta get in the extra cardio before party tomorrow!

Have a grand day to all- fill it w/ love laughter & all the good stuff of life!:)

Good Morning!!!

This morning was my weigh in. My stomach has been feeling flatter so I was curious to see what the scale said. Down .8#. Considering I got TTOM this morning, that was surprising. Also, with the new WW system this week I need every point available to me. So I ate all my dailies, all my AP's and all my flexies and still lost. Yippeee!!!

Tonite I have a potluck holiday party to attend. DH and I are bringing soup and roasted veggies. I know one person is bringing eggplant parm. Oh my, that's one of my favorites but at 13 points a serving I may have to settle for a bite or two.

I am supposed to do Legs and Back this morning but I may postpone that until tomorrow and get is some major cardio. Maybe KPC plus cardio coach. That should give me a few AP's to use tonite.

Traci - I defintely take off one rest day a week. Usually Sunday. I really need it with this P90X. I generally workout 2 hours on Friday and 2 hours on Sat. so by Sunday, I'm fried.

Have a great day!

Buffy

Good morning everyone! Today is FRIDAY and by tonight I will be home.
Just realized last night my flight gets in earlier than I thought to Salt Lake - 8:25 - and dear hubby will be waiting for me at the airport. Hurray!!!

Lori, so glad your dad is stabalized. What a roller coaster you're on. All I can say about your testy WW leader is WOW. Not good. But glad you're in control of your own progress, regardless.

Amy, very funny about your WW experience last night. Good for you on your healthy attitude.

Buffy, yayy on the .8 lbs down. Woo hoo!!!

T-girl, bummer on the workout place fiascos. I feel for you on that. But sounds like you're figuring it out and you won't let it stop you.

Traci, 2 pounds down on your official WW. A huge WOO HOO!!!! I knew it would happen. It appears all our theories were right, and I'm so excited you didn't let frustration do you in at the point it well could have. Happy Dance all the way from New York!!

Well, today will be my semi rest day I decided. Hated the hotel treadmill, so did just 10 minutes and going to just do Slim in Six Pack for 11 minutes to get a little in on my abs. Eating has been perfect the entire tour, and I'm not going to lose it now. This is a new record.

Thank you ladies for all your support!!!

Can't wait to get home. Then the holidays are really here.
Have a great morning, everyone!!

Cheryl

Buffy – Nice work, I love eggplant one of my favorite vegetable. Have a great time today :)

Tracie – you have a lemon tree? I’m a city gal never seen a lemon tree, I know they MUST be tasty :p :p I can only imagine how good the pie will taste. You are working it mama :D

Yesterday morning, first thing I did was put my puzzle mats together thinking it’d make a differences, but nope. I have had these mats for a year, first time trying them on yesterday, and really did not like them, felted like it elevated my stepper more or something. Its going to workout.

This morning, I worked it, ;-) I did MIS upper & abs. Tonight legs & glutes or butts & guts.

Teddygirl~

Buffy: AWESOME ttom WI! That must just make your little heart sing! Great job again this week!

CHERYL: Wonderful way to work it this week! Isnt the thought of seeing DH greet you at airport just somthing that makes your heart flutter? I just love "coming home" from anywhere... Thanks for remarks about not giving up.... I tell ya that is what is so great about this group... I just dont want to chuck it all with "bad" reports... Thanks for always having the right amount of pep in your talk for me!

TEDDYGIRL: Awesome doubles on for today! Yep- I planted my lemon tree from seeds... 5 years later MEGA LEMONS! I also planted avocado seeds 5 years ago and I have 4 trees that are over 18' tall... next year we should get our first crop.. NOW THATS EXCITING TO ME! I love those avocados! What did you decide with your neighbor? Hopefully everyones happy today.

Back later gotta go tackle my Killer workouts!

I knocked, but, I don’t think they were home yesterday evening. I plan too talk to both tonight, or do my cardio workout in my room tomorrow then go from there. Or just for the heck of it I may try to workout in my living room or wait till Monday who knows...

This living room thang, could really be a pain tho, cuz, I hafta move my oriental rug, move cocktail table x( hm.....that's it..... :eek: ;) But, I NEVERRRRRRRRRRR go into my living room I hang out in my bedroom. I clean LR once and I’m done for the year, lol. I’ll see most likely cardio will be in me bedroom Mon thru Fri Weekends, back in my workout room, I dances the best there ;-) ;-) x( :p :p

Teddygirl~

TEDDYGIRL: If you never use your living room why not keep it set up as your workout room until company comes over or whatever? That way you dont have to keep moving rug/furniture? Just a thought cuz I would really dislike having to move stuff every workout.

Tracie, too be honest my living room is too pretty don’t want all that equipment in there I keep all equipment in my workout room, I have a spare bedroom, which is used ONLY for my workout area, me me me :) If I have too do my cardio in another room that doesn’t bother me NOT one bit.

I prefer my bedroom over my LR me bedroom is huge and I only have to move my stepper, right, that’s it. I have a huge wall mirror in my bedroom, so I can watch myself dances ;) x( a surround sound, TV everything I need I’m pretty much set.

I ((((cant)))) wait to get home man oh man am needing ENDORPHINE right about now, I swear ;( it has been a longgggg slow day for me

Get this guys, am taking home about 8 chocolate chip cookies HELP :9 :9 }( :9 there're individually wrapped, so I don't have too eat them all tonight, lol. you know me, I can with out a problem,:+ :+ }( }( But I plan to throw in my freezer, for those I can't help it nights }( I know, bad Girl, talking bout bad bad girl, huh ;-) You guys have a great weekend

Teddygirl~

It's early for me to check-in, but work has settled down early. Both the patients are tucked in for now.

Traci- I need to do something with my lemons, too! Talk about a bumper crop!!! High 5's on the WI!!! I hope that your party goes off without a hitch....that's tomorrow (Saturday), right???

TG- I hope that you are able to figure out your workout situation. I don't have any advice beyond what's already been suggested.

Cheryl- Welcome home!!! I hope that you had a good flight! I love it when I am met at the airport by hubby!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.