WW 12/28 Thursday....

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning Gang! Can you believe its almost time to party again??? Good thing DH & I arent party animals (unlike our Teddygirl!):7

Today having neck & upper spinal pain so I am trying to figure out if I should do my planned Core Syn workout (lots of rolling on floor and awkard moves for me) or if I should test a Cathe sub... Will decide after I've been up and moving for a bit.

Scale up to 129 and holding... I started the PMS cycle so I hope I can keep it all below the 130 mark this ttom. That would make me VERY happy indeed.

For those of you who use BF testers (not the scales) what brand are you using/ I use the BeachBody one but am thinking of getting a digital one... Any thoughts on brands?

Going to go catch yesterdays posts and will return with all the wit & wisdom I can muster on just 2 cups of coffee.... Maybe 3 by the time I get back here!!! :7 :+

I'm back on working on that 3rd cup of coffee....yummmmmm

CHERYL: I think 1# up after holiday eating is terrific! You know its bloat..I somehow cannot picture you eating 3500 calories in brownies! Your workouts of strength & cardio daily continue to amaze me! You mentioned you NEED cardio everyday...is that because of the physical or mental aspect? Other than circuits I have such a difficult time getting both in each day...Its a huge load off my mind knowing that my body responds best to cardio 1 day and heavey strength the next...at least I can see myself doing that for years to come. What day do you go back to work next week?

TEDDYGIRL: How ya feeling today? I bet you are back on top your game...you seem to do so well after just 1 night of good sleep. I am still not to goal weight girl...125 is the goal but I'll take 125-130 during PMS any time! Last year after my niece and DH went back to CA I was pushing 149! I couldnt believe my eyes the day I saw that... It is forever engrained that I was going to hit 150... on my petitie framed 5'5 body that is ENORMOUS. Took a YEAR and its still not all off but man do I see how worth it the journey has been. I still think about how stuck I was at 143-145.... months & months and then we started this checkin group and I got busy! You guys are my magic pill! So happy you got your calendar! I just ADORE mine and am so excited to have Cathe beautiful & fit face staring at me as I sit at my desk. How can I possibly blow off a workout with that?

JANE: LOL...YES that was a REALLY quick check in! Hope you and Sean had a grand time together!!!

CLAUDE: I LOVE PB Cheesecake... Dh & I nursed one of those for 3 weeks . When I got it I cut it up and froze individually so we couldnt just dig in and eat the entire thing!! I am so high 5'ing you for getting to the gym! That takes a lot of determination during In-Law Food Fest! Give yourself a pat on the back. How long are your sabeteurs staying????

LORI: And what will you spend your extra 150.00 on ??? (Thats why I'm not wealthy!) I remember a few years ago when I did meetings... My WI was Friday at 11am.... I get up at 3am ya know but REFUSED to eat til after WI just to make sure scale moved.... I wont ever do that to myself again... I ate 5000 calories every Friday from 11am to bed! Thanks for mini review on Pursuit... I think it will be a Netflix for us... We so dislike not being able to P&P. (Thats pause & pee:7 ) TMI for sure!!!
Have a great morning gang!

Morning all -
Sneaking in early as it's another crazy day. Slept late so I didn't get my morning workout in, looked at the scale and really regretted it. No endorphin rush to get me moving so I'm still sluggish. Not sure I'll be able to get in a gym workout tonight, we're supposed to be going out to dinner so I may not have time. x(x(

Started off good with eating until I decided to bring some of the extra cookies in (don't tell my SIL!!). While I was packing them up, I had a couple x(. Darn sugar - can't wait to get it out of the house!!!

In laws are staying for two weeks - I figure I'll have to keep the cookies around until New Year's Day, then they should be tired of them so I might have a chance after New Year's to get rid of them. I've already thrown out a bunch of food they insisted on saving on Christmas day. I mean, really, there was ONE spoonful of mashed potatoes - no one is going to eat that, just toss it! AS the week goes on, I'm slowly bringing out my healthy stuff and throwing out the unhealthy stuff. We'll see how they respond to a dessert of dried figs next week :+!

Off to start the crazies!

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Morning Friends,

I’m feeling so much better today, Tracie you know me woman :D :)I really think your an ANGEL :D Well Trac, you can consider yourself at goal, I think :) I can't go beyond 135 just doesn't look attractive on me, I'm only 5'4 medium/big frame I'm looking my best now with a little cushion. Keep up the good work.

When I got home last night from work 5pm immediately took 2 sleep aids, I was in bed before 5:30 I wasn’t playing around. Then decided to preview LIC I didn’t see it through I fell to SLEEP. I think I got over 11 hours of sleep and I tell you I needed that I was DONE yesterday I mean DONE. I heard the alarm clock this morning but I wanted MORE SLEEP more…………….

Okay, enough bout sleep I’m back on track as of today purging my body from all the pies, cakes and candies that I ate. This is crazy, I cooked a big dinner and didn’t eat anything I haven’t had any real foods since Saturday I’ve been surviving on peach cobbler, ice-cream and cookies I know that sucks but I AM NOT STRONG in the sweets/junk food area ALL my life, once I fall off the ship I sink……x( x(

Not sure about a workout tonight, I want MORE sleep :p :p I should be back to myself soon. I'm going to wait to see how I’m feeling, once I’m out of prison today:+ :+ If I feel up to a workout tonight, you bet I’ll report on tomorrow, cuz I'll be soooooo excited :p :D

Teddygirl~

Good Morning, ladies! Well, eating hasn't been the absolute greatest, but it hasn't been super bad, either. I am able to keep up with the workouts, so I don't feel too bloat-y either. I still haven't had the nerve to step on the scale, though, and may not until next week! Who knows! I still put myself through torture on the days I WI, and I HATE that!!!

TG- I am glad to see that you got some good sleep. I have been sleeping great these past couple of nights because it's been unseasonably cool (in the 30-40's at night)!

Lori-Congrats on the WI!! When I worked days, my lightest weight was always in the morning, after the bathroom and before anything touched my stomach. Now that I work nights, my lightest weight is in the evening!

Traci- I'll bet that you and DH are about as much of party animals as my DH and myself!!!:p We went out for NY 6 yrs ago and had a great time, but it took too long to recover! NO MORE!! The last several years I have had to work then, so still no partying! I do, however, enjoy my own bottle of champagne, when I am able to celebrate (yes, I meant the entire bottle!!);-)

Dad just started on the rack for our 5 gal water bottles that we store in the garage. I was so frustrated with him, because he's so excited to DO something, that he gets caught up in the moment. For example, yesterday, he was using the saw in the garage, creating TONS of sawdust that was blowing around the room......right into the open windows of my car!!! When it was brought to his attention..."Oh, I didn't even notice they were open." The garage is NOT that massive, in fact, it's a very small 2 car garage! He was probably leaning on the car a several points in time!x( x( Then he wanted to help clean it off my car and was going to use the air compressor and blow it off.....right into the pilot light of the gas water heater!!!x( x( Like I said, he's so caught up in the moment, he forgets about the consequences of his actions sometimes!

Oh, we got the deaf thing taken care of, though....DH brought out his cordless headphones for dad to wear and then he can turn the volume up as high as he wants!

Amy – I think it was last Saturday, I pulled out my scale from the back of my closet, I stepped on it, I was so happy to see I was down 3 lbs. I was like huh! how the heck did I manage to do that, well it was all the good healthy choices that I made and I had cut my sugar intake at least 90% that’s REAL good for me. The only time I was using Splenda was in coffee and breakfast cereals.

Well, yesterday morning stepped back on that dog gone scale and whatcha no, up 4lbs ARGH……… mind you I literally threw my scale back into closet }( }( I hope I did not break the thang, I wouldn't be mad x( x(

But, from this point on OUR SCALES are NEVER to be spoken of again, well, not till the end of January, On the first of January I'm going to take my measurements, hm.......haven't done that in awhile.....long while :7 I tell ya, I can really feel the lbs packed on my back as Cathe said I’m feeling that real good, but in this case GOOD is not good;-) ;-) ;-)

Teddygirl~

Goooood Morning!!

Today is cardio only day. Really feeling the DOMS in my chest from yesterday's S&H.

Traci, I have a little digital Omnicom bf meter. Impedence meters always read me about 4% high, but at least it's consistently 4% high, so I have a quick and simple point of reference at least. I got it on the internet for about $50 some years ago. I first saw it demonstrated at the Boston marathon Expo in about 1998.

The cool thing is that my bf% is a point lower on the Omnicom now at 131 pounds than when I was 123 pounds back then. Cathe has really helped me add on the muscle!

The reason I need cardio every day (except for a rest day every 2nd week or so) is most mental but also due to something I read in BFFM.
Tom Venuto noted that people with endomorphic tendencies can possibly need cardio every day to lose fat. I think I may be one of them - I don't lose efficiently at all without it.

Oh, one more thing -I agree completely with TeddyGirl that you are an angel, Traci!! Your inspiration is definitely helping keep me on track. :) :)

Claude, so glad to hear from you - it sounds like you're doing well. Bummer about weight being slightly up, but we will prevail!!!

:7 :D :)

Amy, you are being so patient with your dad. I really admire you for that.

Teddygirl, so glad you are catching up on your sleep and I hope you get that workout today. LIC is so much fun. even without a preview, I think you'll enjoy it.

Well, today will be TM intervals for 30 minutes, followed by a little ab work and then one of Cathe's cardio workouts - depending on how I feel at that point either Rhythmic Step or if I'm really strong Cardio Fusion, I think.

I'll check back in later. Have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Good Morning....TeddyGirl, those 4 lbs. will be gone in a flash. You sound like you had a great time over the holidays, in ways, I am jealous!!

I have not had one sip of alcohol sine New Year's Eve, 1999. We went to my brother's, and for some reason, everything did not mix well. I prayed for my life the next day I was so sick, and I have not had a swallow since.

Claude, are you enjoying all of your new workouts?? If you are sneaking off to the gym, you probably have not tried them yet with all of the family there??

I have to get a mammogram done today. I already mopped my kitchen & bathroom floors. I am on my 4th cup of coffee, yum....Traci, I have 4 cups every morning...and then I am going to do LIC, with the floor work from B&G's.

Has anyone received their replacement DVD's?? I have not, but they should be here any day now?? My husband said when I hit my goal weight I can spend $100 on Cathe workouts. I already have the ones picked out that I am gonna get....It gives me more incentive!!!

Cheryl, I am with you. In order to lose weight, I have to do cardio everyday. The day after Christmas I only did MM, and it bugged mer all day that I did not get my cardio in, but I was walking all day....anyway, I am an endomorph also.
Lori

I was just sitting here going over the holiday and every thing in between.

How sick is this, I forgot about this sh$$, just dawned on me. Anyway, Christmas eve, my family, sisters, brothers, nieces, met over my brother Rickey and his wife home for gift exchange.

(((((((((((Girl)))))))) how sick is this sh@@ They have a beautiful home I mean its decked. I go into the dinner room I’m a little high from all the @#$$%%^&&&&*&**** and ****&^%$$$$ lol lol x( :) I had already started my party x( :)

They had so much food and desserts it was ridiculous. Then I saw these home made BROWNIES next to them were the home made melted chocolate OH MY GOD my body when into overtime. I took one brownie and dipped into the melted chocolate best thing since slice bread. Really I ate 4 brownies dipped in chocolate, I ate 3 chicken wings, 1/2 of corn beef sandwich had 3 vodka w/cranberry juice. (((((((((((Girl))))))))) when I left there home. I prayed all the way home with all 4 car windows down and practically hanging over my car window thinking something is about to resurface x( x( I was SICK..........I was SICK, thank goodness i MADE it home and I went straight to bed moaning myself to sleep...I tell ya, I am a character with no self control :+ :+ :+ :9 :9 That’s some sick sh$$

And, wondering how I picked up the lbs, PLEASES!!! I ate the whole peach cobbler my son’s girlfriend made for me I ate that Xmas day, mind you, it took the whole day to eat but by the end of that night I was throwing away the pie pan, nobody else like her pie except me :p :p

That is the kind of falling off the ship/wagon I go through and that’s not all I ate that's only a third. Just had to share

Hi again - Wow, Lori, what a deal with DH!! That's a bargain worth making :)

Well, I was exhausted from yesterday's workout. Major DOMS in the chest and hamstrings from S&H. I struggled through the 30 minutes of TM intervals and added on just 10 min of Core Max and 15 min. of Rhythmic Step. That's all for today. But the TM left me dripping, so I'm happy.

Our dear Teddygirl, that was truly a major fall off the wagon - but that's how we learn, and we're all hear for each other. So today's another day, and it will all be alright. Please hang in there! HUGS!!

Cheryl

Cheryl, come on now, its not THAT bad, really. Just think, if I wasn’t working out and eating like that everyday, as my life style. Boy, would I be in trouble x( I expect myself to fall off the wagon Hoildays and my Birthday, that’s why I workout so hard, well that's one reason, for me is too live for the 4 season's God gives and enjoy ones self. And too be honest, if I fall off 2 or 3 times a year. I’m okay with it, but, man oh man I must admit to myself, I do make up for everthing that I missed, huh!!!! }( }(

Worst thing, is this, my body doesn’t recuperate fast, that’s why I’m so sluggish it all good :p :p :+ :7 :7

Teddygirl - now that's what I call falling off the wagon!!!! My goodness it's no wonder your body is rebelling!! :+

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Another quick checkin just to let you know I'm alive... sorry:p Just got off work and starting my workout. I've been working 9 hours a day since we are so behind from the holidays but don't plan on an early start tomorrow, feeling a little droopy this afternoon. I'll try to catch up with everybody later.

Just finished my workout today. Had to run Mom and Dad to get their hair cut (for some reason they like getting it done down here where DH and I get ours cut). Anyway, I did Imax 2 and the power circuit segments of BM2 without the weights. It turns out to be about 80 min of dripping fun! I think that I pushed it a bit tonight because dad was sitting and watching me, thus I burn almost 750 cal!!! Like I said, I haven't let up on the workouts this week, but the eating has been hit and miss. I may just open up a bottle of wine tonight despite mom and dad being here (they don't drink).

Nighty-night!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.