Workout Warriors Springing into April

Just getting this started and I'll be back after my workout. But.....Cathe appears to have been holding out on us. She posted a pic on FB of a workout that uses TWO paper plates. Similar colored clothes from the last set of workouts, but the pic is not from any of those workouts. It has Jai, Lorraine, Amanda and Brenda! The comment reads: "What is this a pic of?" Going to try and add the pic here. Background looks different, unless it's just an angle that only got the sky which still doesn't seem like the right color. I'll add the pic later if I can. Boys are loading something that's making everything super slow and I really do need to go workout now!

Everyone get their newsletter with the news and the pic? She apparently knew just when my credit card would be down to about nothing. :p While I hate to have to admit such things, I'm pretty sure my knees will be thankful for a low impact series. So glad they brought Amanda back, but I'm hoping that Cedie does show up in the other workouts.

Did Disk 22 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. At least it's short. :eek: Hello again push ups. I actually did all the first round of push-ups on my toes 4 whole sets of 10. Yes, when Cathe pumped out her 40 or so to failure - I opted to stick with 10. And after doing the first round of chest presses, I opted to stick with the 25's for flys and it's just as well. I barely made it using those. I'll give 26 a try once we are down to the lower reps in Meso 3.

It's around 50, though dreary, windy and potentially rainy. The project I'm selecting for the boys to help me with today is the inside of the van. After not getting much attention this winter it's more than due.

Cathy- Yes, I saw the newsletter about the new low impact series. I was so hoping that the next series would be low impact. I was also hoping that Deazie would be in the new workouts. I really liked her in STS.

It is suppose to be 70 degrees here today but I am still waiting. Spring Is In The Air!!!

Have A Great Day!

Regina it's all of 38 here and I've got the Tigers game on and the announcer keeps happily telling us that it's 78 in the ballpark in Baltimore! He could sound a little less happy about that. :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to the new series! I was reading Cathe's comments and there will be barre and yoga! Slide and Glide with the new discs sounds fun. Plus the discs will come with the preorder! So much for seeing a zero balance on my credit card. :p Cathe said the crew aren't all set yet. It sounds like she's doing this one a workout at a time rather than have every come and film them one after another.

Hey Everyone!

Warm and sunny here, the grass is green, the birds are singing, the sky is blue and life is good.

I'm very excited about the new Cathe workouts. I'll definitely pre-order. If they are completed and arrive before the end of my new rotation, I can use them instead of buying Patrick Goudeau and Michelle Dozois dvds.

This morning I did the first workout in Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. (Morningstar, are you wiping spewed coffee from your keyboard!?) I bought Jillian's dvd before I "found" Cathe, geez what nonsense that dvd is. I can't believe it has over 1760 5 star reviews on Amazon. After 27 minutes with the uber annoying and chubby Jillian I did my last STS Meso 3 workout for Chest and Back. I increased my weights for chest and decreased them significantly for back. Three more workouts and I'm done with STS for this round.

Regina - I liked Deazie in STS and Shock Cardio too. I love that she is always smiling smiling smiling. She also seems very genuine - doesn't she exude happiness? That's great - yay! - yes - please join us in our no-sugar challenge. Yes, we'll still be depriving ourselves in May. :) Sea-sickness is the worst, isn't it? I do okay if I am at the front of the boat or ship, and in open air, but put me inside or at the back, and I'm curled up in a fetus position with a sick-bag and a hippo size headache. I am truly impressed - Miss Regina - your a Colonel, a Professor and an athlete. Wow. :D

Cathy - Hope Vanmax was successful. Congrats on your 25# flies. I did 25# flies today, but only 8 reps...so you are well ahead of me! The winter blahs are hard to shake - but you have something to rejoice - the days are getting longer!

MJ - How are you sweetie? (I originally typed sweaty - ha! then I said to myself, "hey that doesn't look right" lol.)

Kim - How was your Sunday with Tash?

Waving hi to everyone else - Jenn, Kimberly, Donna, Elena, Melissa, Mary, how are you? Would anyone like to join us?

Oh - forgot to mention - the puppies were born on Saturday! So cute! I'm so excited! Here are some pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzycyn/

:D

Last edited:
This morning I did All Step cardio and AC Medicine Ball abs. Sunny at the moment, and hoping it stays around. Nick has practice tonight outdoors so I'm hoping the upper 40's prediction is accurate. It's spring break so a lot of people are gone, so Derek will be able to practice with them, too. When brothers are around the coaches are good about working them in somewhere at practices.

I believe our spring cleaning project for today will be their closets. I may also tackle the closet in the laundry room, which is just a catch all for everything. Especially in the winter with all the extra clothing.

With preorders starting May 1st, we should have them by mid-summer. That'll at least give me time to get through the February rotation. Have to wait and see what these workouts actually end up being since she hasn't completely decided how many yet. I'm hoping that if they do the spin one, it isn't included in the regular preorder. It doesn't seem like enough people do spin at home to justify that.

I'd like to see Deazie back as well, she definitely adds a sparkle to the set. Apparently, casting all depends on who is available when they are ready to film each workout. May see a bigger variety of cast throughout the set that way.

Janis it might be more noticeable that the days are longer, if I got to see the sun rise and set every day. ;)

Happy Tuesday Warriors

After a 5 minute warm up walk, I ran on the tm this morning for 28 minutes. I noticed I was using a faster pace, so that's an improvement. Then some simple stretching for my iliospsoas boo-boo and on to AC-stability ball abs. Tried the one legged pikes, but my right hip flexor still is not up to the challenge just yet, so I stuck with the two-legged version.

I hadn't noticed that Cathe was considering a spin bike dvd. Interesting. You know, I still have not done Step Moves from the Shock Cardio series, nor Intensity from this last round of new dvds. I have some catching up to do!

Tomorrow I am going to do STS M3W4 Legs but I'll reduce the weights on deadlifts; I'll do plyo on Saturday.

Heading down to Calistoga today to have dinner with my sister and pick up wine from this winery at the request of Rowan's breeder. http://www.muttlynchwinery.com/ They have a Frou Frou le Blanc label with a line drawing of a white poodle. Funny.

Have a good one ladies.

Janis Cathe might have mentioned the spin DVD on her FB page and not here. I can't remember where I saw it. They are still undecided about whether to include on in the package or sell it a separate. Yay on your extra speed!! So are you going to do Step Moves or Intensity first. The latter is definitely easy on the choreography, but way harder on ones ability to breathe. :p Hope you enjoyed your dinner!

Someone asked about kettlebells and SNM said not now, because she isn't certified in them and won't do a workout that she doesn't feel properly trained to teach.

This morning was Disk 23 Legs. I went light on deadlifts and didn't use weight or a step for the calf raises. I did double leg, varying toe positions instead. One more and I get my rest week. I'm thinking lots of stretching, core and a few cardios.

Good Morning All Warriors,

I also saw that the new workouts will include a spin dvd. I am defintley getting that one. I love spinning and biking. There are so few good spinning workouts. I usually make my own music playlist and spin to my own music.

Cathy- I also read that it will include a barre workout and yoga. I am not so sure about these two. I don't usually associate Cathe with yoga or barre but rather with traditional weight lifting.I like yoga workouts with serene music and scenic setting. Cathe did have a short barre segment in LBB that was OK. I am also hoping that the step dvd includes all new moves. So many of Cathe's step workouts rehash alot of the same choreography.

Janis- you should like Sep Moves. It is one of my more favorite of her latest step workouts. I am going to join you in May for the no sugar challenge. What are the parameters of the challenge. What is included and what items are excluded?

Have a Great Day Everyone!

Happy Wednesday Warriors -

Cathy - One down and one to go - yay! Congrats on almost finishing Meso 2. Are you feeling less gloomy today? I agree with Cathe, doing a kettlebell dvd isn't a good idea. She is so very smart about exercise and business; proper training and proper form is a must with kettlebells, there is just too much potential for injury. I think I'll do Intensity first. I put them in my rotation somewhere, I just can't remember when!:confused:

Regina - I've heard Step Moves is the best. I am so very new to step workouts, at this stage I am thankful for the repetition of movements! For veterans to step, though, I can see how that would get terribly boring. No Sugar Challenge: the parameters are simple, no refined sugar in candy, cake and cookies, but natural sugars in small quantities are ok. Like I use agave nectar or stevia, on occasion, in tea or coffee. I also eat fresh fruit and once in a while dried fruit. If sugar occurs in small quantities in food that I eat out, say in coconut curry, I don't worry about it. (But, boy can I feel it!) It is up to you, and your particular goals, whether you eat honey, maple syrup, agave etc in cookies, cake etc.. :):) I have a recipe for deliciously yummy nut bars which I use only dried cherries or figs, agave nectar and applesauce for sweetener. I haven't reached my weight loss goals yet, so I haven't made them.:) I'd be happy to share the recipe with you (and of course, Cathy and Kim.) Oh - and I'd buy a spin bike just to do the spin dvd! I agree, though, about barre and also yoga, not sure this is Cathe's niche. Do you have any Michelle Dozois dvds? If so, what do you think of her newest workouts?

As for me - did my STS legs workout today, lightened it up for deadlifts and used dumbbells and weighted vest for the rest. I preceded it with Jillian Michaels level 2 program from "30 Day Shred". I'm going to do level 3 on Friday and then I am giving the dvd away. Why does Collage Video consider this dvd "advanced? It should be classified as "beginner." It is so easy and hardly winds me at all. Plus, it really does bug me that she is so chubby. All of the pics of her, every where you look including on the dvd cover, she looks lean and ripped, but they must be old pics and are air brushed because she does not look like that on "30 Day Shred". She got winded on the very easy plank oblique twists in the ab portion of the dvd. WTH? Now that I've given such a glowing review of "30 Day Shred", does anyone want mine? (*laughing*, but I'm serious, maybe to pass on to a newbie??) It is a beautiful, breezy day here, I'm heading out in a few minutes to take Rowan for a nice long walk at the vineyard. The crews are out working the vines, so I'll have to alter my route a little.

Any thoughts on how to re-vitalize our check-in?

Last edited:
Hey there Warriors!

Just popping in before bed to say I am alive, reading the posts and will catch up at the end of the week. I am buried under work trying to finish up all the administrative side of open enrollment for benefits...one more day tomorrow and I should be done. I think I am so burnt out at this point with work and life issues that I have gone numb...something is going to have to change soon in my life one way or another. Anyway, will catch up with everyone in the next day or two. Dont give up on our check-in, I will be back on the ball with all of you very soon. :) And I would miss all of you terribly, despite my craziness lately, you guys help even if you dont realize it and I appreciate it.

Alright, must sleep. Talk to you soon. :cool:

I did MMA Kick Box this morning. It was actually the cardio I had on my schedule for a change!

MJ I hope you get things figured out soon. Do you have a vacation coming up? Sounds like a good time for one.

Saw that they will be offering a preorder package without the spin DVD and a deluxe package with it. Works for me! Can't wait to find out all the workouts it will include. Though the idea of a whole barre workout using the tower is both enticing and scary given how much my legs are shaking while using it in LBB. :p I'm hoping that the yoga DVD will actually be one I use. I stopped doing my extra stretching that I was doing a few months ago and I can tell the difference.

Janis I will definitely pass on the Jillian Michaels DVD. ;)

I have no ideas about revitalizing the check-in :( but certainly wish that I did.

STOP THIEF

I wish to report a robbery. Nine weeks of my life have disappeared. Nine whole weeks since we started STS. Can't be. WHERE HAS THAT TIME GONE?????

I meant to say last week that I thought Cathe's new Newsletter was gr8 + very informative. Obviously planned to coincide with the announcement of the very exciting new series. I will admit, having seen a lot of the Low Impact request responses when the question was raised about new workouts ahead of the last set being launched, I was very surprised that there wasn't more of a nod to what 'the peoples' seemed to be needing last time. Question answered. Go Girl. I shall be very interested to see what she comes up with.

Low Max Janis will kick your pretty little butt. Lots of fun.

Bring it on............... Since starting with the STS I've got quite adept with the old paper plates. In fact I'm so loose and grooving all the way on in down there now, I can't even remember what it was (forwards, backwards or side(wards:eek:)) that I wasn't doing so well with back in Week One all those lifetimes ago. I went so far down the other morning that I nearly did the splits. I could feel my hip flexor pulling on each slide, all the while thinking "I'm really gonna pay for this tomorrow" but NO. Before (long ago and far away), I had DOMS on my DOMS but now being as how "I feel real loose, like a long necked goose - Like a.... Yow baby dat's what Ah liiiiiike".

OK enough of that.

ALSO I learned something off that newsletter this week. I won't tell y'all what exactly that was, otherwise that'd be like letting you all in on just how ignorant I was before.

Cathy you mentioned a little while ago about how I said something in inches instead of cms. Well you confuse me because your temperatures are fahrenheit (can't even spell that one) but we use celsius - so when you say it's 20 I think "oh that's nice and warm" :cool:. Anyway 70 was the last one you posted which is about 21 for us which is about the warmest day of any we've had so far. It's so nice to be able to get outside. Spring cleaning continued this week with a car wash among other things. I could so see improved muscle definition while leathering that baby off - ok that sounds rude :eek: LOL

Now I'm giggling :D :D

Janis Congrats on the puppies awwwwwwwwwwwww.

Jillian Michaels. OK huddle up girls - I've been meaning to flag this up for ages and ages. I've identified a huge gap in the market over here for proper workouts. I'm being quite serious - we've got nothing - like you wouldn't believe. I cruised the shops a while back checking out what was on offer. Zilch. Or to qualify: 'Zilch' in terms of quality. Some fluffy-floppy and insulting celebrity endorsed bilge (did I say celebrity???) "OK", I think, "maybe wrong time of the year or something - I'll get this all straightened out" and I popped off to Amazon(UK). Same Same. I kid you not. The only thing that I did see on there was that Jillian Michaels had some stuff - I was meaning to ask if she was OK (I'll go with Janis' recommendation) - also there was Turbo Jam which I posted about on here a little while back and received a very luke warm response. So, that's it, take your pick, Jillian Michaels, Charlene Johnson (Turbo Jam only) or some K-lister non-celebrity who lost 20# (big WOOP). Right, I may have misjudged this, because this is getting my heart rate elevated - so maybe its working after all?????????? Yes, right enough, we can get Cathe and everyone else's stuff from across the pond, but its all hassle and expense. We've got to research who's who and who does what and be really sure it's the right one before getting it shipped over here at great expense + add 30/40% import taxes (ouch that stings harder than a band workout) - easier not to bother if you can't just dump it in your cart right along with your self help manuals and enough vodka to see you through Saturday morning TV.

Someone should be jumping all over this. Hell, I'm 52, there must be a gaping market of 20, 30 and 40somethings crying out for some reliable QUALITY home vids.

What?? Shut up already?? Aw OK - I was just getting warmed up.

Monthly check-in guys??? Seriously???

Kim you are cracking me up! :p The only conversion I know off the top of my head for fahrenheit to celsius is that 32º F is 0º C so I won't be able to help you out by adjusting for you. ;)

That's a bummer about the lack of workouts. Here you have to do internet orders for Cathe's stuff, and Beach Body products, but you can walk in any number of stores and find tons of workouts. The FIRMS stuff is pretty much available everywhere these days. I have to say though that you don't see really advanced workouts available that way.

I also had no DOMS from STS Legs yesterday!! No even the slightest twinge when I worked out this morning. Nice change from the first couple weeks of Meso 2.

You can tell us what you learned from Cathe's newsletter (I LOVE the new format and all the articles) I'm still picking up new info myself from them.

Changing to a monthly check-in just means we don't start a new thread every week. If things start picking up again, it's easy enough to switch back to weekly.

Hello Warriors!

Janis- Thanks for the info about the sugar challenge. I am going to start in May. I would love the recipe for the nut bars! I have Jillian's 30 day Shred DVD and have only done it twice. Let me know what you think of "Step Moves after you do it. I also have Michelle Dozois' Peak Ten Cardio Interval Burn and Peak Ten Cardio Strength. I like them both but I have done the all cardio workout much more often.

Kim-Have you thought about downloading workouts? Now Cathe and others have downloads available for sale. The would save you all the shipping and added expenses.

MJ- I agree with Cathy -it sounds like a vacation is in order! I hope things settle down for you soon.

Anyway, I am off tomorrow so I am going to try to sleep in a little later than usual.

Last edited:
Meso 2 done!!!! Hit all the weights today, but I did have to pause a couple times on the drop sets because I had to change my barbell weight and my wrist weight and 10 seconds just wasn't enough time.

I have the a local TV station on FB and they just listed the humane society's dog of the day and it's a female Sparty! Same mix combination and looks just like him. LOL She's just a few months younger than he is.

Cathy- Congratulations on finishing Meso 2! WhaT are you doing for your active recovery week?

Hi Everyone!

Cathy - Congrats on finishing Meso 2. What cardio did you decide to do next week? I'm at the end of my 12 week of no sugar and having mad cravings for chocolate. I may have a celebratory little taste before I launch into my next 12 weeks. The scale barely budged for me - I'm clearly getting extra calories from other carbohydrates :eek::eek:. SO - are you going to adopt the female version of Sparty?

Regina - What spin bike do you have? Thanks for the info about Michelle Dozois' new program. I am considering buying them - but will probably wait to see what Cathe puts out.

MJ - Hope you made it through the week ok. Big (((hugs))).

Kim - Now, don't keep me in suspense - like a what? "I feel real loose, like a long necked goose - Like a.... :D I'll have to interview my at-home geek squad about your download use-it-on-a-tv dilemma. Me thinks you just might need a newer PC or Mac or notebook or something, but I'll let you know what the dudes say.

As for me - I have plyo legs to do tomorrow and then I am done with STS. Done done done. And not a moment too soon. I don't mind shoulders, biceps, triceps - which I did today - as the breaks are shorter, but man, I gotta tell ya, the long breaks on chest/back and on legs are excruciating...and the whole meso cycle is boring as h.e.l.l. (Is hell boring? I really wouldn't know.:rolleyes:)

Okey -dokey - I've sent off the nut bar recipes. Attention lurkers - if you want the nut bar recipe you have to ask me!

OH - I forgot - I blew off level 3 of Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred. I just couldn't face her this morning. I'll do it on Sunday before yoga. (yeah, right.;))

Have a good Friday.
:D:D

Janis when I want chocolate I've been doing things - hot water, unsweetened cocoa powder, and stevia to taste. Tastes just fine to me. Also, a smoothie with a banana, unsweetened cocoa powder, peanut butter and the milk of your choice - you could also use water. A frozen banana makes it creamier.

I called about Daisy and she has a hold on her pending an interaction. They didn't say if the interaction was with children or another dog, but if that goes well than she'll be adopted. They are no to be pretty conservative about their adoptions, so she may still be available. DH had to go to Cadillac for meetings today (about three hours north) and won't be home until later tonight, but we may go tomorrow and see her. She weighs 62 lbs to Sparty's 70 lbs so they are pretty compatible in size. She told me that Daisy has a buddy at the shelter. He's only 35 lbs, but apparently loves rough play and has no problems playing with her. He's a terrier/border collie mix, so not sure about him, but at least he'd eat half the amount of food! Both of them have been tested with cats and are fine with them. They always want to observe the dogs with kids, but since the boys are 9 (almost 10) and 12, I can't see either of those dogs being a problem. I'd never adopt a potentially aggressive dog anyway.

Only ONE more workout for you!! So, do you have big plans for what you'll do next? What I originally planned to do and what I might end up doing are not the same thing. :rolleyes: I was going to do a cardio a day: Cardio Fusion, 4DS Power Cardio, Hiit 30/30, KPC, MIC Step only, BM2 Timesaver, and do an additional 4 core workouts for a total of 5 (with KPC core). I'm still trying to decide if I want to put my calf through that much cardio.

Say what you want, I'm still looking forward to boring Meso 3. :p And while "boring as hell" may be a fairly common saying, I've never pictured it as being a terribly boring place.

Happy Saturday and end of my rotation!

Yay!

• Plyo - done
  • STS - done
  • 12 Week No-sugar Challenge - done
  • Chocolate craving - satisfied

Now I remember why I don't eat much chocolate. Even though it is super yummy and seems to stimulate bliss receptors in the brain, after eating it I get a terrible headache. Bummer, huh?

Today, I'm starting another 12 weeks of no-sugar. (Yes, had a wee bit of sugar yesterday with the chocolate.)

Monday, I am starting my new rotation, which will take me to the end of August and possibly well into September depending upon when/what Cathe releases and my use of pre-mixes and other combinations.

Thanks to my very special BFF - bestest fitness friend - I have now completed my Cathe library, with the exception, that is, of compilation dvds like Terminator or Timesaver. No excuses now! Right? Oh, that reminds me, Cathy - what is MIC ?

Now just to find a new home for this stupid Jillian Michaels dvd, maybe I'll drop it off at the library....in their overnight drop box! ha. :eek: Should I wear a dark hoodie, maybe?

Cathy - Daisy is a really cute name for a dog! Are they going to call you? Are you thinking about bringing both dogs home? You'd have three!!!

So - everyone - let me know if you make the nut bars and whether you like them or not. :)

I'm off to take Rowan for a walk...

Looking forward to hearing from past, present and future Workout Warriors!

Check it out - my Friday post must have been my 1000th post! What a chatter box!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.