Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Workout Warriors Springing into April

This is a discussion on Workout Warriors Springing into April within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Just getting this started and I'll be back after my workout. But.....Cathe appears to have been holding out on us. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Cathlete
Peaceful Rainbow's Profile Fields

Default Workout Warriors Springing into April

Just getting this started and I'll be back after my workout. But.....Cathe appears to have been holding out on us. She posted a pic on FB of a workout that uses TWO paper plates. Similar colored clothes from the last set of workouts, but the pic is not from any of those workouts. It has Jai, Lorraine, Amanda and Brenda! The comment reads: "What is this a pic of?" Going to try and add the pic here. Background looks different, unless it's just an angle that only got the sky which still doesn't seem like the right color. I'll add the pic later if I can. Boys are loading something that's making everything super slow and I really do need to go workout now!

Everything around us is made up of energy. To attract positive things in your life, start by giving off positive energy.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Cathlete

Everyone get their newsletter with the news and the pic? She apparently knew just when my credit card would be down to about nothing. While I hate to have to admit such things, I'm pretty sure my knees will be thankful for a low impact series. So glad they brought Amanda back, but I'm hoping that Cedie does show up in the other workouts.

Did Disk 22 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. At least it's short. Hello again push ups. I actually did all the first round of push-ups on my toes 4 whole sets of 10. Yes, when Cathe pumped out her 40 or so to failure - I opted to stick with 10. And after doing the first round of chest presses, I opted to stick with the 25's for flys and it's just as well. I barely made it using those. I'll give 26 a try once we are down to the lower reps in Meso 3.

It's around 50, though dreary, windy and potentially rainy. The project I'm selecting for the boys to help me with today is the inside of the van. After not getting much attention this winter it's more than due.

Everything around us is made up of energy. To attract positive things in your life, start by giving off positive energy.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Cathlete

Cathy- Yes, I saw the newsletter about the new low impact series. I was so hoping that the next series would be low impact. I was also hoping that Deazie would be in the new workouts. I really liked her in STS.

It is suppose to be 70 degrees here today but I am still waiting. Spring Is In The Air!!!

Have A Great Day!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Cathlete

Regina it's all of 38 here and I've got the Tigers game on and the announcer keeps happily telling us that it's 78 in the ballpark in Baltimore! He could sound a little less happy about that.

I'm really looking forward to the new series! I was reading Cathe's comments and there will be barre and yoga! Slide and Glide with the new discs sounds fun. Plus the discs will come with the preorder! So much for seeing a zero balance on my credit card. Cathe said the crew aren't all set yet. It sounds like she's doing this one a workout at a time rather than have every come and film them one after another.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Cathlete
Janis's Profile Fields

Hey Everyone!

Warm and sunny here, the grass is green, the birds are singing, the sky is blue and life is good.

I'm very excited about the new Cathe workouts. I'll definitely pre-order. If they are completed and arrive before the end of my new rotation, I can use them instead of buying Patrick Goudeau and Michelle Dozois dvds.

This morning I did the first workout in Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. (Morningstar, are you wiping spewed coffee from your keyboard!?) I bought Jillian's dvd before I "found" Cathe, geez what nonsense that dvd is. I can't believe it has over 1760 5 star reviews on Amazon. After 27 minutes with the uber annoying and chubby Jillian I did my last STS Meso 3 workout for Chest and Back. I increased my weights for chest and decreased them significantly for back. Three more workouts and I'm done with STS for this round.

Regina - I liked Deazie in STS and Shock Cardio too. I love that she is always smiling smiling smiling. She also seems very genuine - doesn't she exude happiness? That's great - yay! - yes - please join us in our no-sugar challenge. Yes, we'll still be depriving ourselves in May. Sea-sickness is the worst, isn't it? I do okay if I am at the front of the boat or ship, and in open air, but put me inside or at the back, and I'm curled up in a fetus position with a sick-bag and a hippo size headache. I am truly impressed - Miss Regina - your a Colonel, a Professor and an athlete. Wow.

Cathy - Hope Vanmax was successful. Congrats on your 25# flies. I did 25# flies today, but only 8 reps...so you are well ahead of me! The winter blahs are hard to shake - but you have something to rejoice - the days are getting longer!

MJ - How are you sweetie? (I originally typed sweaty - ha! then I said to myself, "hey that doesn't look right" lol.)

Kim - How was your Sunday with Tash?

Waving hi to everyone else - Jenn, Kimberly, Donna, Elena, Melissa, Mary, how are you? Would anyone like to join us?

Oh - forgot to mention - the puppies were born on Saturday! So cute! I'm so excited! Here are some pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzycyn/

Last edited by Janis; 04-04-2011 at 05:45 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Cathlete

This morning I did All Step cardio and AC Medicine Ball abs. Sunny at the moment, and hoping it stays around. Nick has practice tonight outdoors so I'm hoping the upper 40's prediction is accurate. It's spring break so a lot of people are gone, so Derek will be able to practice with them, too. When brothers are around the coaches are good about working them in somewhere at practices.

I believe our spring cleaning project for today will be their closets. I may also tackle the closet in the laundry room, which is just a catch all for everything. Especially in the winter with all the extra clothing.

With preorders starting May 1st, we should have them by mid-summer. That'll at least give me time to get through the February rotation. Have to wait and see what these workouts actually end up being since she hasn't completely decided how many yet. I'm hoping that if they do the spin one, it isn't included in the regular preorder. It doesn't seem like enough people do spin at home to justify that.

I'd like to see Deazie back as well, she definitely adds a sparkle to the set. Apparently, casting all depends on who is available when they are ready to film each workout. May see a bigger variety of cast throughout the set that way.

Janis it might be more noticeable that the days are longer, if I got to see the sun rise and set every day.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Cathlete
Janis's Profile Fields

Happy Tuesday Warriors

After a 5 minute warm up walk, I ran on the tm this morning for 28 minutes. I noticed I was using a faster pace, so that's an improvement. Then some simple stretching for my iliospsoas boo-boo and on to AC-stability ball abs. Tried the one legged pikes, but my right hip flexor still is not up to the challenge just yet, so I stuck with the two-legged version.

I hadn't noticed that Cathe was considering a spin bike dvd. Interesting. You know, I still have not done Step Moves from the Shock Cardio series, nor Intensity from this last round of new dvds. I have some catching up to do!

Tomorrow I am going to do STS M3W4 Legs but I'll reduce the weights on deadlifts; I'll do plyo on Saturday.

Heading down to Calistoga today to have dinner with my sister and pick up wine from this winery at the request of Rowan's breeder. http://www.muttlynchwinery.com/ They have a Frou Frou le Blanc label with a line drawing of a white poodle. Funny.

Have a good one ladies.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Cathlete

Janis Cathe might have mentioned the spin DVD on her FB page and not here. I can't remember where I saw it. They are still undecided about whether to include on in the package or sell it a separate. Yay on your extra speed!! So are you going to do Step Moves or Intensity first. The latter is definitely easy on the choreography, but way harder on ones ability to breathe. Hope you enjoyed your dinner!

Someone asked about kettlebells and SNM said not now, because she isn't certified in them and won't do a workout that she doesn't feel properly trained to teach.

This morning was Disk 23 Legs. I went light on deadlifts and didn't use weight or a step for the calf raises. I did double leg, varying toe positions instead. One more and I get my rest week. I'm thinking lots of stretching, core and a few cardios.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Cathlete

Good Morning All Warriors,

I also saw that the new workouts will include a spin dvd. I am defintley getting that one. I love spinning and biking. There are so few good spinning workouts. I usually make my own music playlist and spin to my own music.

Cathy- I also read that it will include a barre workout and yoga. I am not so sure about these two. I don't usually associate Cathe with yoga or barre but rather with traditional weight lifting.I like yoga workouts with serene music and scenic setting. Cathe did have a short barre segment in LBB that was OK. I am also hoping that the step dvd includes all new moves. So many of Cathe's step workouts rehash alot of the same choreography.

Janis- you should like Sep Moves. It is one of my more favorite of her latest step workouts. I am going to join you in May for the no sugar challenge. What are the parameters of the challenge. What is included and what items are excluded?

Have a Great Day Everyone!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Cathlete
Janis's Profile Fields

Happy Wednesday Warriors -

Cathy - One down and one to go - yay! Congrats on almost finishing Meso 2. Are you feeling less gloomy today? I agree with Cathe, doing a kettlebell dvd isn't a good idea. She is so very smart about exercise and business; proper training and proper form is a must with kettlebells, there is just too much potential for injury. I think I'll do Intensity first. I put them in my rotation somewhere, I just can't remember when!

Regina - I've heard Step Moves is the best. I am so very new to step workouts, at this stage I am thankful for the repetition of movements! For veterans to step, though, I can see how that would get terribly boring. No Sugar Challenge: the parameters are simple, no refined sugar in candy, cake and cookies, but natural sugars in small quantities are ok. Like I use agave nectar or stevia, on occasion, in tea or coffee. I also eat fresh fruit and once in a while dried fruit. If sugar occurs in small quantities in food that I eat out, say in coconut curry, I don't worry about it. (But, boy can I feel it!) It is up to you, and your particular goals, whether you eat honey, maple syrup, agave etc in cookies, cake etc.. I have a recipe for deliciously yummy nut bars which I use only dried cherries or figs, agave nectar and applesauce for sweetener. I haven't reached my weight loss goals yet, so I haven't made them. I'd be happy to share the recipe with you (and of course, Cathy and Kim.) Oh - and I'd buy a spin bike just to do the spin dvd! I agree, though, about barre and also yoga, not sure this is Cathe's niche. Do you have any Michelle Dozois dvds? If so, what do you think of her newest workouts?

As for me - did my STS legs workout today, lightened it up for deadlifts and used dumbbells and weighted vest for the rest. I preceded it with Jillian Michaels level 2 program from "30 Day Shred". I'm going to do level 3 on Friday and then I am giving the dvd away. Why does Collage Video consider this dvd "advanced? It should be classified as "beginner." It is so easy and hardly winds me at all. Plus, it really does bug me that she is so chubby. All of the pics of her, every where you look including on the dvd cover, she looks lean and ripped, but they must be old pics and are air brushed because she does not look like that on "30 Day Shred". She got winded on the very easy plank oblique twists in the ab portion of the dvd. WTH? Now that I've given such a glowing review of "30 Day Shred", does anyone want mine? (*laughing*, but I'm serious, maybe to pass on to a newbie??) It is a beautiful, breezy day here, I'm heading out in a few minutes to take Rowan for a nice long walk at the vineyard. The crews are out working the vines, so I'll have to alter my route a little.

Any thoughts on how to re-vitalize our check-in?

Last edited by Janis; 04-06-2011 at 01:58 PM..