**swings
8 minutes
50 swings/20 seconds rest
used 35#kb
did 5 rounds
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

**comments
by the end of the last round I was smoked!!! just dropped the kb when I counted 50!
tongue.gif
but I did it!! I am HAPPY!!!....after doing 50 swings/10 sec. rest, this was easy!!
wink.gif

Gayle~ I hope your deadlift went well last night. Don't you feel so "manly strong" when you lift heavy?!;) I love lifting heavy and feeling so empowered!!

Marcy~ How did the swings go for you today with your breathing? good I hope.

Andilynn~ I miss Empire State! I think Beth gives really good cues and tips in there!

Jane~ I love workouts from Jersey Crossfit. I am compiling a whole list for when I am done ETK!! How did you do?

waves to Farmer and Vilma!!

Have a great day today gals!

Good morning.

Deanie - That's a lot of work in 8 minutes! Yes, I love the way lifting heavy makes me feel. I think there's a definite endorphin rush. :)

Jane - I liked your workout from yesterday.

Waves hello to Marcy, Andilynn, Farmer, and Vilma. :)

Deadlifts went well last night. I topped out at 175lb again, but did a few extra short sets of it. I was going to push for 180, but decided to hold off. I will definitely try it next week.

Today is a rest day. I'll probably do some foam rolling tonight and relax.

Have a good one!

That was one great workout last night. I was totally winded and whipped afterwards. Then I did 20 swings with my 44# bell. My heart rate was totally freaked out after that but I felt good.

Tonight is a 4 mile run.

Deanie ~ Congratulations on the swings. I definitely need to pull out my copy of ETK.

Gayle ~ Way to go on the deadlifts. Enjoy your rest day!

Waves hello to Andilynn, Farmer, Vilma and Marcy.

Good Morning everybody. Today I did 410 swings. I tried to swing 1 minute and rest for 30 seconds. I started off okay but I ran out of gas. I followed up with a segment of Classical Stretch.

Deanie- Sounds like you had a smoker this morning.

Gayle- I am so amazed by the amount of weight you lift.

Jane- Just reading your workouts tire me.

Question- Are you all where you want to be fitness and weight wise? Is anybody still doing Cathe workouts?

Waves to Vilma, Andilynn, Marcy and all who follow.

Good Afternoon!

I woke up with DOMS in upper and lower body today. Today was Week 5, Day 3 of ROP. My three ladders went as follows:

Ladder 1: C&Ps with 25# for 1st and 2nd sets; 20# for 3rd set.
Pullups: 1, 2 and 2& between 3/4-1.

Ladder 2: All C&Ps with 25#.
Pullups: 1, 2 and 1, 3/4-1 and 3/4

Ladder 3: All C&Ps with 25#.
Pullups: 1; 1&3/4-1; and 1 and 3/4-1 and 1/2.

Swings: 7 sets of 25 reps with 10 secs. rest for 6 mins. Did all without any extra rest.

My upper body is still really sore even after taking painkiller. I'm so glad tomorrow is yoga day.

Deanie - Great workout! Congrats on doing 1 pullup unassisted!:D

Gayle - Great work on the deadlifts!:D

Jane - Great job on the 44# swings!:D

Farmer - 401 swings! Holy cow! I was happy with my 175 today. I did 250 last week but today was the first time with only 10 secs. rest.

All of you ladies are so strong. You all amaze me!

Waves to Vilma and Andilynn!

Have a great day!

Marcy

Question- Are you all where you want to be fitness and weight wise? Is anybody still doing Cathe workouts?

Hmmm...good questions. Fitness-wise, I want to be stronger overall and fitter. I've set some strength goals that I really want meet, and I use some CrossFit WODs (like Grace) as benchmarks for how I'm doing. I try to not focus on my weight much as that has put me in a bad mental place in the past, but I do have a particular weight limit that I try to not exceed...if that makes sense. :)

Honestly, I haven't done a Cathe workout in a while. When I do it's usually Boot Camp because it's so easy to tweak with kettlebell moves and other stuff like Jane did recently.

Great job on your 410 swings!

Marcy - Good job on ROP! Is your hip flexor better?

How many days workout days are in a ROP week?

Farmer - Fitness-wise, I guess I'll always be striving to be fitter and stronger but am happy where I am. Weight-wise, I wish I was 5-10 pounds lighter but being that ETK is really more of a muscle-building rotation, the weight is pretty much staying put. After ETK, I plan on doing a barre type rotation with more cardio. I had pretty much stopped doing Cathe workouts for awhile but I have recently been adding back her cardio - mainly her premixes and shorter workouts like 4DS.

Gayle - My hip flexor is better but everything else is hurting!:( Thanks for asking.

Marcy

Hi Farmer,

Great question!

I'm ok weight-wise. I don't weigh myself anymore because the number on the scale doesn't tell the whole story. I just go by how my clothes feel. Would I like to be 10 pounds thinner? Heck yeah but I'm not going to stress about it either. I do the best I can.

I'm not where I want to be fitness-wise. I want to be stronger, fitter and faster. I don't think I will ever be there. Right now I have some extra family stress so to be able to workout right now is a gift. I would like to workout more or longer but just don't have the time right now.

I love Cathe workouts and I have STS so I would LOVE to work that in somehow but due to family duties it's a little hard right now. I want to do so much fitness-wise that I seriously can't fit it all in. I love doing the workouts like I did yesterday. I also love running, kettlebells, weight workouts and Cathe workouts.

Great job on the swings!!

What about you? Are you where you want to be?

Hi again

Farmer~ 410 swings!!! :eek: Thats great!! Are you sore? To answer your question....I am good with my weight (but I should say how I fit in my clothes since I don't actually weigh myself). I range in size anywhere from 0-4 petite. My abs are not what I would like, but I have an umbilical hernia and my lower abs have split from my last pregnancy, so they will never be what they were. I am good with where I am for fitness. I would like to be stronger, but I am happy where i am too. for fitness, I like to push myself. I don't do any Cathe workouts anymore, since I found kettlebells. I have really enjoyed her workouts though and really like her kickboxing! I am still hoping she will do some sort of an MMA program next.

Marcy~ good job today! I think C&P and the pullups are easy, the swings really get me! I hope you feel better and yoga gets the kinks out for you. I actually did 1 pull up unassisted for each of the 3 ladders. (i.e. 1 c&p/ 1 pullup<- that's the pull up I did unassisted each time) when we had to do 2 or 3 pullups those I did all assisted. You did great with the pull ups. Have you noticed any definition in your back?

Jane~ I hope you enjoyed your run today. I am going to use my 45#er tomorrow! Funny how the first time its so heavy, but every week, it gets more do-able!

Gayle
~WOW great deadlifts yesterday! I would take today as a rest day too!

I have to agree with Marcy, I think we are all really strong/fit women!!:cool:

Hi Farmer,

What about you? Are you where you want to be?

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the swings. and the responses. I have been emailing the trainer and I told her my goals ( lose 12 pounds by June 3).

I gave her the breakdown of Providence and she told me it was good but she told me to focus on doing swings 3 days and cleans, presses, squats, and snatches the other 2 days.

She said that the other exercises in Providence are like condiments and the above exercises are the meat and potatoes.

I have struggled with body image issues in the past and I have gotten much better. Currently I weigh 136 and I am 5'1 and a true pear but in a good way. I am going to try her method and see what happens.

I had been having trouble with my calluses and soreness in my hands but I cut off the top of a pair of socks and use them as hand grips. No soreness!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the swings. and the responses. I have been emailing the trainer and I told her my goals ( lose 12 pounds by June 3).

I gave her the breakdown of Providence and she told me it was good but she told me to focus on doing swings 3 days and cleans, presses, squats, and snatches the other 2 days.

She said that the other exercises in Providence are like condiments and the above exercises are the meat and potatoes.

I have struggled with body image issues in the past and I have gotten much better. Currently I weigh 136 and I am 5'1 and a true pear but in a good way. I am going to try her method and see what happens.

I had been having trouble with my calluses and soreness in my hands but I cut off the top of a pair of socks and use them as hand grips. No soreness!

Farmer What your trainer told you to focus on is really the essence of the Enter the Kettlebell program. I am pretty much an hourglass (maybe leaning towards pear). I'm 5'2 and 126 pounds. I have definitely made fitness gains with kettlebells as far as strength and endurance but as for what I want my body to look like, it hasn't done what I'd hoped. I have gotten much more definition in my arms which I like but other than that, I haven't had any differences. I think I liked myself the best when I was doing a Squeeze/barre rotation with cardio and yoga which I will be doing once ETK is over with. I'm happy for the most part with what I look like but would love flat abs (although I also love food so that's difficult!)

I recently read an article on pears and fat loss which basically said it's harder for us to lose the fat in our troubled areas and we need more cardio. I admit since I started KBs, my cardio's been lacking. Here's the article:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KGB/is_7_4/ai_n6006151

I also get calluses and use gloves most of the time. The sock idea sounds good though.

Marcy

Marcy,

Thanks for the posting that article. I'm a pear as well. I've always known that cardio was best for me. The smallest I have ever been (as an adult) was when I lost 40 pounds 10 years ago doing all cardio. All I did was walk and Taebo. Once I added in weight training I put on weight although I think some of it was muscle. I do feel best and leaner when I do lots of cardio.

One of the reason I like kettlebells is that you can easily incorporate them into cardio workouts like the one I did yesterday. Like weights, med balls, etc., they really up the intensity of any cardio workout.

Jane - Your welcome. I'm glad to see more cardio worked for you. I kept reading so many things about doing less cardio but I think some people need cardio more than others. I guess I'll have to try and do more cardio-based KB workouts when I'm done with ETK.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.