When ::: CHEETAHS ::: attack hump day! 5.23

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, ladies :)

Another early night for me last night - I didn't even catch who won DWTS!!! (Yes, THAT early!) *lol*

Today is supposed to be CS but I've GOTTA get out there and run. It's been over a week, and it's just too gorgeous out there to resist.

Hope you all have a terrific Wednesday!!
Cathy :)

G'morning Cathy! I saw DWTS! I won't post a spoiler though if you're gonna watch it later! Enjoy your run!

I'm heading out for a run w/ my buddies in a few, our usual 4 mile route. They're training for the San Diego marathon next month. I actually woke up at 4AM, I might need a nap later! I took a nap y'day afternoon, fighting off a headache & just felt tired. That's probably why I'm up so early today! ;-) Biceps are feeling a little sore, I'm sure the DOMS will be hitting me later from B & B y'day! :p

I'll do YogaX later, might break it up into 2 segments. Not much else going on today! I'll be back later!

Good Morning!

Sorry I never got back here for personals y'day. I did a lot of rushing around y'day so I just didn't have the time and before I knew it I was in bed!:p

Today is yoga only for me....Aaaaahhhhh! I can't wait! Not sure which vid I'll do. I left it wide open for myself. :)

I will be back in a moment w/personals. I'll do as many as I can before I have to get ready for work!

BBS:)

Laurie: Hope you enjoyed your run/walk with your friend y'day. What's on tap for today? Tear It Up is a Slim Series work out by Beach Body. High rep/low weight and LOOOOOONG! It is a boring series but supposed to be quite effective if you stick with it so I am giving it my best shot!

Sunny: How much I work will change. I was originally hired for 2 days a week and then got 3 days most weeks for a while. Then I cover when needed which can add to it. I had been covering so much that I was working 4 days alot. It was more then I wanted to do so I recently cut back to 2 scheduled days so if I am asked to cover it's not a problem. Once school lets out I may be down to 1 day...it gets SUPER crowded and crazy in there and may not be worth it!:p

Carole: Oh I am ready for the X Master series too! The thought scares me though, I must admit! :eek: LOL

Jackie: The limit for machine is actually an hour at my gym. They have a TON of cardio machines! I just don't want to have to run clear across the gym to get the machine I need. That's my only thing.

Jess: Playing miniature golf can be so much fun! DH and I are going away this weekend and DH will be playing "REAL" golf for the 2nd time in his life! He's excited. He stinks but he likes to play. LOL

Susan: How did you enjoy my favorite leg work out y'day? }( I hope your knee is feeling better!!!!

Christine: Good idea to get Jimmy to not be afraid anymore. I can picture the poor thing trying to run away while the leash keeps following him!:-( I see you are talking about spinning shoes with Sunny. I am considering investing in a pair but I am soooo confused! LOL I think I will try to get to class a little early tomorrow so I can ask my instructor to explain it to me a bit. I don't even know where to go! I was looking on line and my head was spinning! LOL

Cathy: Have a great run today if that is what you decide to do. I am going to bring my running gear w/me this weekend. Running the boardwalk in the morning is AWESOME!:+

Kristi: I am glad you enjoyed your massage. I have had a couple of professional massages. They are nice for that rare occasion but for the most part I'm just as happy having my DH do it. LOL

Okay...I think I managed to get everyone with 5 minutes to spare!:p

BBL!

Hi ~~~Cheetahs~~~

I did not manage a check in yesterday. Instead I did my run at my usual coffee/ computer time and asked the teens to get up on their own. ( They were late) But the early run allowed me to run before golfing 18 holes. I never run after golf because my legs are tired from walking. But golfing after a run feels good on my legs.

Today is appointment day (hair) for DD and myself etc. And some minor errands and hopefully 2nd floor vacuming/dusting.

Tomorrow DS Sammy and I head to Montreal for a hockey tournament. This will be my first trip there. DH has taken him in the past, but he can't get Friday off. Keep your fingers crossed that we don't get lost in Canada. LAURIE I'll wave your way! (We are coming north from the east side of Lake Ontario)

Christine~ TG your DD and Jimmy are OK after their scare!

Jes~ Sorry about the delay of surgery.

JMarba~ Good luck running in Florida I am usually nervous about running in foreign places too. In fact I will not run in Montreal this weekend .

Cathy~ Did you threaten your classes with your IT investigation?

Wendy~ You are becoming so consistent with your yoga! I still need to think about a pull up bar. We are starting the workout room redo soon so maybe it will happen.

~~Hi~~ to all the Cheetahs who check in today!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Good Morning:) I work all day today but have a nice oasis in the middle, a facial....hmmm...I looove facials:) I trade services with the spa owner so it's easy on the pocketbook too. The outer portion of my right hamstring is not happy with me doing hamstring roll ins yesterday so I think I'll take my workout down a notch. I was thinking the Gauntlet (I've just started loving this one) but I think LIC is a better choice, I've only done that workout as is once so it will be fresh. Had a nice bonus yesterday, I had to take a bike in for repairs 10 days ago, went in yesterday and chatted with a very nice salesperson (he's attached but flirty) the front light on the bike was broken during the repair so he had me pick out a new one and then he 'wrote off' the $35.00 repair fee!! We love life's little bonuses:)

Cathy, the road is calling your name! We've waited a long time for this perfect running weather, enjoy!

Jess, you were the early bird today! Have a great run and enjoy your DOMS, you worked hard for it:7

Wendy, I'm still shaking my head and smiling that you are loving yoga so much! So which ones are you lovin' the most?

Time for me to get on with commandeering my Kids:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...hope you have a great run in the awesome weather! DWTS was a great show....I'd say the winners deserved it...:)

Jess...enjoy your 4 mile run....are your friends doing the Rock & Roll marathon in SD?

Wendy...hope you enjoy your yoga workout.

Judy...a Hockey tournament in Montreal sounds fun. I'd love to get to Canada one of these days...:)

Laurie...thats nice about the flirty bike guy writing off the repairs. Enjoy your facial. Hope your hamstring feels better as the day goes along.

I am doing legwork (glutes and calfs), S&H Back & Bi's, abs and 40 min on the EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning,

cathy- enjoy your run! it's so hard to stay inside when it's so nice outside.

wendy- i would imagine. when i first moved to nc i got a job at a gym working in the daycare. it lasted for 2 weeks...:). enjoy yoga today.

laurie- the gauntlet...wow, have fun!!

carole- have an awesome workout today. you always have great ones planned.

judy- when do you leave for montreal?

today's workout is kickboxing. not sure which yet....leaning towards cardio sweatfest!

ttyl...

Good morning ladies!

Laurie - My jiggles aren't all gone either. I say if you can't beat it, join it or at least, accept it for what it is. Glad you had a great run! Enjoy your facial.

Susan - I think DH is riot. After the first season, I kind of lost interest but the next season, it got interesting again. Jiggle Frees are from the Firm. Stephanie Huckabee does Jiggle Free Arms. Pam Merriweather does the Buns and Allie Del Rio (can't remember new last name) does Abs.

Kristi - I've been following DWTS. I was pulling for Apollo. Couldn't stay awake to see who won the finals and I still don't know yet.

Christine - Glad you have your eating back on track. I've been eating clean for so long now that when I put too much other stuff in my system, it wreaks havoc. Saturday is the day I eat anything and everything I want. But, I still have to stay away from too much rich food.

Sunny - Think I will download one of the iStrength to take on vacation next month.

Cathy - So, are you back at 100%? Mind and body both must be willing. LOL!! Glad you got that yoga in. I'm sure your pics will look great too! Enjoy your run!

Jess - Hope you had a good run and the headache is gone.

Wendy - Understand about the gym. I think I would have the same problem if I were still going. You can play them in an order that's more convenient for you too. How about that? Hope you get your yoga in.

Judy - Sounds like a nice run yesterday. Enjoy the hockey tournament in Montreal. Good luck to DS.

Carole - Another great workout planned! Have fun!

I did Shelly's speed ladder again this morning. Got in 6 miles. Did Cathe's basic stretch. Could stand a good leg massage.

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Good morning cheetah friends! I never did have time to check in yesterday:( I was summoned for jury duty and unfortunately had to travel more than an hour to get therex( I get summoned a lot but never ultimately picked for a jury which is fine with me! My DH is retired law enforcement and my brother is the current Army Judge Advocate General so no defense lawyer in his right mind is going to have me for a juror;-) In civil cases they usually hate having medical professionals so I get out of those too. Well, that tied me up most of yesterday but I got in a good 5 mile interval run when I got home.

I've also been busy on the phone with my poor DH who is in New Jersey
dealing with my FIL who just had open heart surgery (valve replacement)yesterday and my MIL who is a basket case even under good circumstances:eek: He is still in critical condition but so far nothing catastrophic has happened. It's difficult trying to give supportive advice and information long distance!

Today is MM and later an hour on the EXT :) I have a ton of shopping to do also but it's no fun alone :(

Back for personals

ShellyC

:) :) :) :) :) personals:) :) :) :)

Cathy- Forgive me, but I missed what happened with your job for the next school year... how did it turn out? Hope you can get in a nice outdoor run today!

Jess- I sure hope this tube placement for Kiersten in June will put an end to all those infections, poor thing! It must be so frustrating for all of you! Glad to hear you are running again:)
Your friends sure are travelling far for their next marathon. The San Diego one is the RocknRoll marathon and they are such fun!!

Wendy- I thought you'd be started already using your Masters series!
Have a great yoga day.

Judy- I bet your legs would feel energized golfing after a run!! Just so long as the run isn't too long;-) Have fun tomorrow at the hockey tournament.

Laurie- That's a nice "arrangement" for professional services trades at your spa!!! LIC sounds like a good choice for you today, still a wonderfully intense workout!!

Carole- How's your split leg routines working out for you? Sounds like you are pretty much back to your normal running schedule again!
:) :) :)

SunnyD- I'd vote for CSF:7 :7 :7 Great workout, although I actually like Amy B's KPX even better!

Jackie- Fantastic job on the speed ladder workout. Give your legs a good going over with the foam roller now! (I think you have mentioned you have one)

I think that about catches me up... hi to all who follow!!
Hi Christine, Kristi, Susan:7

ShellyC

Hi All!

Went out to dinner last night and had a great time, but had a little too much wine, so I slept in today. I’ve been working out hard for the past 5 days, so a break is okay. :p

Cathy – don’t blame you – go enjoy your run! Nothing like a nice long run in gorgeous weather to make you feel better!

Jess – enjoy your run!

Wendy – I felt so bad for the little guy! The best place to buy spin shoes is at a bike store (or REI if you have one close). You need to buy the shoes and the cleats (the cleats run about $15). Just go for comfort. If you instructor knows of a place – go there – you’ll want to try them on as they tend to run a bit odd. They feel funny, too – no give what-so-ever in the sole when you walk, but man do they make a difference in pedal stroke! The cleats are just standard SPD cleats – they are all the same. Have fun!

Judy – thanks! I’m hoping for a quiet week with everyone! Enjoy your hockey tournament!!

Laurie – I’m jealous! Enjoy your facial! And great that the bike shop guy gave you a bonus! Sounds like you’re off to a good day!

Carole – Enjoy your workout – another killer it sounds!

Sunny – have fun with Cardio Sweatfest or whichever KB workout you decide on!

Jackie – oh yeah – I had a shrimp rosatta last night that was fabulous, but rich. My tummy is yelling at me today! Hope you get your leg massage!

Shelly – oh wow – you have a lot on your plate! Hope FIL is okay! He’s in my prayers! My ex-MIL was a basket case like that – so I sympathize! Hope all does well! Good for you for getting in your run!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning ladies,
I just got back from the chiro and things are feeling good. I still have tenderness on the outside of my knee, but, the back is feeling good, so I will take that:)

Today, I am taking Mariah on a picnic and then we are going to go to her Kindergarten orientation. She is so excited. I am very sad that my littles one is growing up. I like her just the way she is at 4.

I am doing PUB and pilates today. I am not too sore from Butts and Gutts and the elliptical from yesterday. It is so hard for me not to do cardio everyday. I think with all the injuies this past year though, I better get used to it.

No time for personals right now. I have to get my workout in before I get Mariah.

Have a great day everyone!

Susan

Hello Ladies!

Today is another rest day. I'm planning my eating and exercise rotation as you are reading this. I decided on the way going back to work from lunch I would take one of our old cars out of the garage. My DS has been asking me to pick him up in it and today is so beautiful that I can't say no. Besides the car has been sitting all winter and needs to be ran some. Needless to say my lunch hour consisted of gathering up some water bottles and hats for DS and DD when I pick them up at daycare.

Time to go catch up on personals! See ya in a bit!

Good Afternoon Cheetah-Babes!

After a much needed nap I did XFlowsion's Calm Down Dog yoga this afternoon. It's 27 minutes of slow moving yoga that is much more gentle then what I normally do. I am usually not into that but I guess I really needed it cause it felt great. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really like Eric (the instructor) so that may have helped too. ;) :)

I am off to my mom's for a visit in about an hour...gotta get the little guy up and start getting ready to go.

Have a great rest of the afternoon. I am hoping to get back here tonight for personals.

Ciao Bellas!:)

Cathy – Enjoy your run! I hear you on the weather being too beautiful to miss out on running. Today I bought a visor that I can wear while running. I’m not a sun worshipper because I always burn. When I go running or play with the kids outside I need to have my face shielded and wear sunglasses. (Intense sun gives me headaches.)

Jess – I hope you enjoyed your 4 miler. I admire anyone who can get up at 4 a.m. to exercise. My butt would be dragging all day. I would need a caffeine IV.

Wendy – I second you on DH giving the best massages, and it is so much cheaper. Unfortunately my DH doesn’t give me one often enough. I need to speak to him about that. LOL I’ve noticed you have been practicing yoga more frequently. Have you noticed any changes in your body since practicing more? I hope you had a good day at work!

Judy – Have fun in Montreal and good luck to DS with his hockey tournament!

Laurie – Enjoy your facial!

Jackie – I just watched the finale to DWTS during my lunch. I skipped a lot of it because I was not interested in the filler stuff. The final dances and the winner was what I wanted to see. I won’t spoil the ending for you though. Great job on running Shelley’s speed ladder.

Shelly – No wonder you never get picked to be on the jury. LOL I’ve never been summoned before, but one day I would like to. I’m so sorry to hear about your FIL. It sounds like your DH needs your support more than ever since your MIL is not too stable at this time. (My DM is a basket case ALL the time too.) I hope your FIL pulls through this with no complications.

Christine – Enjoy your break! All of this talk about bikes makes me want to buy one. Every night DS rides his bike and I follow him on foot with DD in the babyjogger. I keep telling DH I need a bike with trailer for DD to keep up with him. He is starting to ride faster and take more chances and walking just is not cutting it anymore. However, my argument is mute because we are trying to declutter our garage, shed, and house so we can try to stay in our house another couple more years. Right now our two old cars and DH’s motorcycle takes up all of the room in our garage. Let’s hope I can wear DH down before summer is completely over. :)

Susan – Your picnic sounds like so much fun. I just realized you have a little one starting Kindergarten this year too. DS’s orientation is not until the beginning of August, but last week I took him for his literacy testing.

Hi SunnyD, Carole, Cathy, and all who follow!!

no kickboxing for me today. had to run some errands during my workout time so i just decided to do istretch (althletic) for 20 mins. since my legs are DOMsing from yesterday's workout:D }( . it felt really good.

kristi- so what kind of rotation are you planning??}( :D :)

wendy- you are so getting into yoga. have you tried any of his other workouts?

christine- thanks again for the all the info re: cycle shoes and clips!

jackie- did you receive the latest itrain newsletter?? they have some awesome sounding new workouts coming out!!!!

ttyl...

G'afternoon! I just got up from a nap- my headache just wouldn't go away! It's still there, but not like it was! We managed a 3.25 mile run this morning, my friend Melissa was tired too so we just walked a bit after the 3.25 miles while Erin finished up 4. I hope I'm not fighting off something. Maybe I'm just tired cause I'm building muscle! I have major DOMS in my arms from B & B y'day now. It really hit me after my nap- yikes!! I upped my weights/ reps on most everything- used mainly 20# & 15# db's. (and even 25#'s for the lawnmowers!) YEAH!

I got in the first 50 min of yogaX but just didn't have it in me to finish up. I hope I feel better tomorrow! Hope you're all having a good one!

Shelly - I've only been summoned for jury duty once. I use to work with one of the attorney's wife and I was dismissed. I was happy. I know it must be hard for DH at this time. Will keep your FIL and family in prayer. My brother had OH surgery last year. Hope you enjoyed your workout. Will definitely be using the roller tonight.

Christine - Dinner last night sounds yummy! Hope you enjoyed your break today.

Susan - The little ones grow so fast. I still can't believe I have 30 year olds. How was the picnic and orientation?

Kristi - Sounds like a nice day for a car ride. I didn't TiVo DWTS. I read one of the threads and found out who won. I was happy with the choice.

Wendy - Glad you enjoyed your yoga. Enjoy your visit with your mom.

Sunny - My DSL was on the blink again last night. I didn't get to check my email. I'll be looking for it when I get home today.

Jess - Good job on your run with a HA. Hope you feel better.

It's almost time to call it a day for me. Have a good and restful evening.

Jackie

Sorry SunnyD! Honestly I'm not trying to avoid your question. Or am I? }( I'm not sure. A part of me wants to start P90X, but I don't know if I can train well for my second 10K AND put forth a good effort with my weight training. 90 days is a long rotation for me. Believe me, I need strength training badly, but I'm not sure what to do yet. I might just stick with my 3 days running/2 days of weight training formula. I guess I had better make up my mind soon so I can get started.

How is training going for your 10K?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.