What I Really Hate is Liver - Oct 13

August

Cathlete
It's Friday the 13th!

AGHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH! }(

It was a beautiful day over here and I hope it's just as nice over there for you guys.

Well, today was S&H biceps followed by Low Impact Step. I'm kind of liking this one body part a day business. It's short and sweet, and I can really put some good focus into the weights this way.

I've got another weekend trip coming up...does Diane get home soon? And where the heck is Jana? And Kate? And Dana!

Anyway, hi to you all, Ellen, and Michele! :*

<<ARRRHHH!!!! I just typed a pretty lenghty reply to this and Gannon, the little turd, went under the desk and turned the power off.>>

Anyway, HELLO August and everyone else! I totally agree, I HATE liver too. Even more then cardio. But my FIL loves it and will order liver & onions whenever it is on the menu when he dines out. Totally gross!!!

August, I was thinking of you the other day when I saw that Japan had an earthquake. I'm assuming that everything is a-ok wih you since you are here, right??? So, I've wanted to ask you this for a while, just what the heck do you do for a living? You work some wild hours so what kind of work are you in? Also, if you are ever on the east coast, I need to hook you up with my brother. HA!!!!! He is a good-looking 30 year old chemist with no kids/never married. He lives in CT, pretty into fitness as well. Actually was dating a girl from Ireland that he met in CT. She moved to London and he did go visit her. Of course, it didn't work out. Listen to me trying to play matchmaker. Just tell me to shut up now OK! :p

I had to take off work today which is why I have time to post. Gabe has off of school for a teacher in service day. My MIL was supposed to keep him so I could go to work. But when I called her on Wed night she told me that they were leaving today to go camping. Nice, since she told me last week that she would watch him. I hope it rains all weekend and she has a terrible time. HA - just kidding of course. But between Gabe & Gannon, I"m going nuts!! j

I still haven't found my groove to get back into exercising/eating right. I think that BFL messed me up big time (mentally). Tell me to get over it already! I am seriosly, 100% for sure, starting back up with WW on Monday. I made out worksheets so I can log my eating and points and I am going to the grocery store today.

It is a bit chilly here, today's high is supposed to be 54, tomorrow 52 and Sunday 54. Today I"m planning on my usual of cleaning up, Gannon has a dr appointment at 3:00 for shots and I told Gabe that I would take him to get a library card. Tomorrow we are going to a baby shower and Sunday (if the cold doesn't bother me), we may go racing. I would really like to get in some type of workout today. I guess I should start back up slow so either Push/Pull or 30 min of intervals on the elliptical. I also have a Charlene Prickett step DVD that has 2, 35 minute workouts on it. We'll see.

So how is everyone?
Michele, how is your MIL doing???

Jana, how is he job going? I see you've gotten a nanny. How/why did you decide to switch from daycare? How is your dd adjusting?

Diane - how are you doing?

Hi Kate!

Ellen, I see that you have returned. Welcome back!

Have a wonderful "Friday the 13th".

What a nice surprise to see you here, Dana!

Oh man, that sucks that your response disappeared with the plug. It's always awful losing any kind of data like that. I'm glad you had some time (and patience) to write another one that was nice and long and full of fun stuff to read!

How funny about your FIL and his loving liver and onions. I guess there are a lot of good things for you in liver.......but gross gross gross. There aren't many other things I would want to eat less. In fact, nothing comes to mind except for other guts. :eek:

Thanks for the worry about the earthquake. We have them all the time over here. It sucks. Tokyo is supposed to have THE big one and that totally freaks me and most other people out. Whenever there's a tremor, it's hard not to think, "OMG, is this it?!" I'm not even sure about what earthquake you are referring to. Yeah, it's that often. x( Anyway, yes, all is fine, thanks.

Ooh, ooh, I would love to meet your brother (I'd love to meet you, too, :) ). I'm single, never been married, no kids, and can I say I'm into fitness? Yes, I guess I can! :D As for what I do for a living, I'm in the music business. This is why I keep odd hours and am often out over the weekends for gigs. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to do what I do because I love it so much. It's so fantastic to be able to make a living doing what I would do for free because I enjoy it.

Urgh, your MIL and her camping. Maybe it slipped her mind? :-( Nevertheless, I'M glad you're home because it's always nice to have you here with us. :)

That's a bummer that you feel that BFL kind of messed you up. I can kind of understand what you mean, I think. In a lot of ways, I think those programs are great. But in another way, I feel like..."in the wrong hands" (LOL) that "free" day thing can teach you how to binge. I definitely know TONS more about nutrition, so I'm really glad that I did so much reading and research...well, anyway, I think you said that you liked WW before, so I would think it would be a good direction to go!

I've never tried Charlene Prickett, but I've heard lots of good things about her. I hope you have a good workout.

All right, you have a nice day and see you later!

August and Dana, thanks for the belly laugh--I soooo needed it today. I can't play today at all. I have a lot on my plate; I'm shopping for my in-laws, DH asked me to do 2 errands for him, and I have take kitty to the vet for his annual shots/exam. Oh crap! I forgot I have to go to the bank, too. RATS!

I woke up feeling kind of icky with a little headache, a sore throat, and some achiness. Not a good start to my day.

I HATE LIVER:p

But I love my hater friends:+

ETA: Dana, thanks for asking about my MIL. She's doing GREAT! We had a little drama yesterday. My MIL felt kind of nauseated and Nervous Nelly (my FIL) flipped out over it and drug out to the doctor. She was fine and we all knew it. My FIL needs a pill, I swear!

Mooorning!

Well speaking of earthquakes, we had a so-so big one this morning at 6:30am or so and it woke me up with a jolt. It (and I) calmed down soon after, but then I got hungry. x(

Michele, icky is right to have to wake up to a headache, sore throat and achiness. Sounds like you have been keeping that cold at bay and it's neither coming nor going. Hate that!

Message to Michele's bad bacteria : GO AWAY!! Leave our Michele alone! }(

I hope all your errands go all right. And it's wonderful to hear that your MIL is doing better and better. It's dear that Nervous Nelly is so sensitive to her condition. He must be so worried, and, a weird thing to say, but maybe it's nice for him to take part in being the caretaker, which makes him all the more keen to her various symptoms.

Anyway, tell that vet of yours that your hater friends are waiting for a kitty photo. :7

*GASP* August!! You were awakened by an earthquake!?!?!? Oh my! That would completely freak me out. We've had some infrequent and very mild tremors here before but nothing too worrisome. They say we're on a fault line and it's just a matter of time before we get the big one.

Errands are done!! I've been in and out all day long. I fianlly cme home to stay about 30 minutes ago. I'm going to put on my jammies and relax.

Yeah, it is pretty cute the way my FIL dotes over my MIL but it can be slightly over the top. The unfortunate thing is he is so fretful of everything--he worries over every minute detail and it can be so overwhelming. We have to try and figure out what is real and what is the product of his over active imagination. He gets on my MIL's nerves quite a bit which is sort of funny in a cute way. It's kind of a long story but we've often had to rearrange entire days as a result of his hyperchondriasis.

We've decided not to get another kitty. I had a long talk with the vet today and he felt that my cat is too old to introduce another cat into teh household. He said that when my cat acts lonely he's probably missing human interaction. He also worried that another cat, especially a kitten, may result in one or both cats urinating around the house out of anxiety, and that's pretty much all I needed to hear--lol!

Have a nice evening or morning--I'll see you tomorrow! :*

Hi Haters!!

Dana...I live in CT and I'm single now ...hint hint....LOL

Michele...I was thinking of a kitty too (we have a golden retr now)..but thought again and said no.

Today I did 20 min of Turbo Jam DVD and a 20 Min Upper Body (Firm) sculpt.

Just kicking back with a glass of merlot now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.