Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

We're in This Together (March 2013)

This is a discussion on We're in This Together (March 2013) within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Well I was supposed to do back and chest today. B and I got up at 8, well actually 4 ...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Cathlete

Well I was supposed to do back and chest today. B and I got up at 8, well actually 4 but we went back to bed I had all good intentions of going to the basement. His exersaucer was all set up and I had my workout gear on. He was a bit fussy and I never like to start out a workout when he's like that. By the time he was calm the thought of doing over an hour of back and chest sounded like not so much fun. I skipped. Loser!

We had a play date with my friend and her baby who is 2 days older than B today. Tomorrow we have story time at the library with another friend and her 2 month old baby. I swear I have more of a social life now as compared to before B!

Sarah- That protein cake sounds amazing. I would love to see the recipe too. Nice job on CF. That is one tough workout. Sometimes I think that one is harder than TTM as well. More cardio!

Natty- Bella is such a doll I can hardly stand it. That pic on FB is so freakin' cute! What a love! Nice job on RS. I could imagine B wanting in the action eventually too. Usually I workout before he gets up but about once a week I put his exersaucer in the basement and he does pretty well in that. He is a pretty chill baby for sure. There was about a month when he was like 2 months that we thought he had colic. That was rough! I'm so undecided if I want another baby. I do because I loved being pregnant and want to experience that all again and I want B is have a sibling. Not that there is anything wrong with being an only child, as I know many and they are all great! I don't because of the financial part of it and I feel like one is easier, although with 2 they would entertain each other. Idk! Hard decision! I'm back and forth all the time.

Hi Colleen and Jen!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Cathlete

I forgot to add...

Thanks for all the compliments on B. He is such a love
Old 03-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Hi everyone

Today's w/o was Plyo Legs W3. IMO all the Plyo Legs w/o's are harder than Cardio Leg Blast. Those 1 legged mountain climber's w/the jump at the top have me begging for mercy! And don't even get me started about the Rock Climber's! I did the majority of the exercises using my 25lbs, but once again my forearms can't hold the weight and they wanted to give out. I am seriously going to invest in those wrist straps!

Bella got her 4yr immunization today. She was such a champ! She cried a little, but all in all she did SO well. I am very proud of her .

Marie
Thanks for the compliments on Bella . She is such a good kid .
I love hearing stories about women who have had great pregnancies. It's such a wonderful time, and you have every right to enjoy it. I was in a state of paranoia the entire time. Having had 7 miscarriages, the "innocence" of my pregnancy was ruined. That is also another reason why I am 99.9% sure Bella will be an only child. Every child is a miracle, but Bella really was my "miracle child", considering my odds of having her were so small. I feel complete with my family of 3 . Mark and I would also be able to pay for her university/college education -- something that we were never given. If your heart wants another child, it will let you know.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Afternoon ladies!

Today's workout was Afterburn. I haven't done this one in so long! I can proudly say I did the whole thing without pausing to catch my breath. In fact, there were several parts where Cathe is explaining the next move and I just dove in early knowing what was coming up! I'm tellin' ya, I owe it all to Horizontal Conditioning!

Natty- I am constantly being interrupted on the weekends with the kids coming in and out of the room! Quite often, they will "work out" with me, especially Lydia. She always wants to copy mama! Luckily, most of what I do has basic choreography, though. If I was doing Rhythmic Step and had to really concentrate on the moves I'd be all kinds of cranky! As in "GET OUT!!!!" LOL
Love Plyo Legs! I swear, after doing Meso 2 legs I seriously thought about revisiting STS again. Maybe I'll have to sit down and figure out some kind of hybrid rotation with it. The leg workouts are da bomb!

Sarah- Oh Crossfire, I just love it so much! I'm going to do that warm up/firewalker tabata tomorrow + Lower Body Blast standing only (minus warm up). That should take me slightly over an hour. It works out perfectly using Crossfire that way because I really don't like the warm up to LBB very much (too much step stuff/impact). That recipe sounds delish!

Marie- I've totally done that where I get all set up and ready to work out and then lost my steam! It is SO hard when the kids are this age to get everything in. Trust me, once they are older than 4, it's a lot easier! They are still my little cuties, but way more independent which just makes things a little easier on mama . I'm really glad I had two kiddos, since it is so fun watching them play with each other. Dylan and Lydia get along so well and it's so great knowing they will have each other as they get older. I would say if you do think of having another child, do it sooner rather than later! It's so hard to go back to diapers and potty training once you are done with that stage!

Jen- The big day is getting closer and closer! Did you figure out what you were going to do with the kitties?

Time to skedaddle. Later girls!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Cathlete
mom2kttj's Profile Fields

Quick check-in for today. It's suppose to be No Tech Tuesday at our house and I'm not setting a good example by cheating. I am having really bad pain in my left knee. I took a walk last night and it was fine. This morning I went on a jog and after about 1 mile felt like it needed to pop so I stopped and walked on it. There was no pain so I continued and walked for another 4 miles. It was still fine. I came home and did some house work and went to the store. At the store it became increasingly painful. Its the outside divit on my left knee and I am icing it right now and feel like I need to take some Advil : (

Sarah
Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Cathlete
mom2kttj's Profile Fields

Ugh! I had another sleepness night. I also started my period in the middle of the night. Why is it always in the middle of the night. I didn't take a walk last night my knee was just to painful. Plus it's been pouring here. I'm not even sure I'll do one today except when my dog looks at me with her puppy dog eyes. It's literally pouring side ways rain. That you would be soakes just going from the house to the car. I got the tire fixed yesterday and the roter is fine. Thank goodness, I feel very lucky. I iced my knee a bunch and it feels fine today. Weird. I did KPC this morning plus abs it was great. I do feel a little nervous about doing some leg weight training later today, so we will see.

Colleen - I am on my last week of my make shift rotation and think I will incorporate for next month 1 day of HC. I really like AB as well. I used to be able to do the whole thing, I'm a little afraid of it right now.

Nat - I am thinking I will add in X-train Legs WO to my new rotation if I can figure out how. So many things to incorporate so you have a well rounded routine but there is not enough time : ( So glad Bella did great for her shots. I was a very bad girl for mine. I not sure how I ended up having3 kids that like them.

Marie - I'm glad pregnancy was a good experience for you. For me NOT. I deserved it, I had romantized being pregnant before. I was sick as a dog. I gained all my weight after I had babies because I felt so much better and could actually keep food down.

Jen - Hopefully everything is going good and everybody is being supportive, because thats all you need in your life right now. Your doing great and almost to M day ; )

Sarah ( I just spilled my coffee all over the end table, floor, and wall. LOVELY)
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Afternoon girls!

Drive by check in. Busy day today!

Today's workout was January Hardcore HC. I had planned to do this one tomorrow and actually had CF w/u + firewalker tabata/Lower Body Blast standing on the schedule today. I didn't realize my goof until we were at the 27 minute mark when Sandra started doing some leg/glute work. Whoops! I'll have to switch it on the calendar I guess!

Sarah- I'm so sorry about your knee. Take care!

Have a great one ladies!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Hi everyone!

Today I wanted to do a split UB workout that would allow me to incorporate the 100RC's lateral raises, all under 1hr. I chose STS M2 W4 C/S/T (43min) + 100RC's. OMG my UB is FRIED! What I absolutely love about STS W4 is that the workouts are short but super effective! For the chest exercises, you have push-ups (which get neglected in M2, making a comeback in W4) plus all the other goodies like barbell bench presses & fly's. Ok, so I ventured out of my comfort zone, and decided to try bench fly's with my 25lbs (I have this fear about using anything over 20lbs for fly's). I was able to do quite a bit with good form! I'm happy about that . What I also adore about M2 W4 is the drop sets in shoulder's and tri's . This disc is definitely a fav of mine. Ahhh, I love my weight training days .

Sarah

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee . And then you got your period and a crappy sleep to boot . When it rains, it pours. But I'm happy to hear that the roter on your car is fine. That would have really cost a pretty penny I'm assuming and messed up the car bad hun?
I meant to tell you about a terrific oatmeal recipe I tried! I made it last night and had it this morning. I heated it up in the microwave (I don't like cold oatmeal). OMG was it ever delish!
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Colleen
Congrats on nailing Afterburn with no breaks and no modifications! You are one strong momma .
I can't describe how much I love the STS leg workouts! They are absolutely perfect. Yesterday's Plyo Legs has given me serious CSOTT DOMS! One of these days I want to do STS Squat Rack. Since there is no way I can get up to 90% of my 1RM without a squat rack, I was thinking of taking a S&H approach. We shall see .

Have a good day!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Cathlete

I'm so disappointed in myself. I just can't get myself to do STS. Feeling guilty! I REALLY want to finish it but I'm just not motivated lately. Lots of snuggling with B lately. We went to storytime at the library with a friend and her baby yesterday. That was really fun! Reading, singing and playtime. B was super interested in the older babies. Super cute. Feeding now and then off to the grocery store.

Sarah- So sorry to hear about your knee! I like your no tech Tue idea. We have been trying to decrease our tech time lately too. I have a friend right now that is pregnant and so miserable. No fun! Good thing it always ends with the best gift ever

Natty- Way to rock out bench flys with 25's. Strong chica! So sorry to hear about your 7 miscarriages! That had to be so difficult. Bella really is a miracle child. You guys make a very cute family! Complete at 3 is right!

Colleen- Nice job on your workout today. I totally agree about having a the kids close in age. I think there would be less jealously from the first one after the second one is born too. I bet it is so fun to see the kids interact

Jen- I'm sure you're busy getting ready to move. It's getting closer! Excited for you
Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Cathlete
JT's Profile Fields

Hello Friends.

Happy Spring or Winter.

Marie. You might have burnout which happens to me when working out with the same type of exercise. It's been cold lately. Snowing here now.

Colleen. Great job on your workout. Me and my siblings are VERY close in age. 5 kids/less than 7 years.

Sarah. Hope your knee feels better. PMS is painful to me except when I eat really clean. Hard to walk dogs in the rain.

Natty. Sorry to read about your miscarriages. I had one. Difficult to understand why. Bella is a miracle babygirl. Your workouts inspire me.

Update:
Yesterday was closure at my former employer. Had a heart-to-heart with my HR person/friend. Plus, accounting supervisor whom I always got along with. They were stunned to hear that anytime anyone leaves, I hear about it by email or by phone by a member or former employee. Also, they were amazed of my job interviews. Financial Examiner. I think they're sorta grateful that I wouldn't be there reviewing all of the credit union's financials and giving them my score.
Last night, I decided to go to an network event from a group hybrid of Shifting Gears and Earn. First person, I spoke with, her Dad and her brother lived in the town I'm moving too. Shocked by a statement from someone I knew it started out like "So you're moving to Texas JUST BECAUSE you can't find work." My response was it's way more than that. Really. Her opinion doesn't matter.
This weekend, a birthday party then 2 send off parties next week. Will spend time with my Mom first few days in April.
My cats are flying cargo. They will be taking ginger to calm their nerves the last week we're here. Shocked that dog from NY ended up in Ireland instead of Phoenix. It wasn't 45 degrees F either.
My postings for the next few weeks will be sporadic. Flight date is April 8th, flight time is 6:45 EST and landing in DFW is 8:45AM CST. Lord-willing, be at apt. by 10AM. Moving van stuff/car gets picked up April 3/4. UPS shipment goes out on April 5th. Because of my phone, I can take messages on FB or here. Basically, land, get car, sign lease, unload stuff for cats, my stuff, grocery shop and eat.