We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

JT

Cathlete
Just did personals on the last month's thread. Started a new one for new beginnings.
Have a Great Weekend!!!

Took a walk last night. The fresh air feels great. I will take a walk again tonight, hopefully. Still not feeling like my old self, but hopefully soon.

Marie- I hope you and hubby have a great date night.

Nat - Hopefully Bella is almost well, and your not getting sick? I've have though about Paleo but I I justs don't think I need to cut the other things from my diet like legumes, and cheese too. That would make me sad. Awesome on the weight increase for shoulders. 15 is about the most for me.

Jen - Thanks for starting a new thread. I really cant fathom shoveling snow twice daily.

Sarah

No workout for me yesterday. TTOTM, lack of sleep, and now I have a cold, just sucked up all my energy come evening time. Today I hope to do XT Bi's & Tri's once Bella goes to bed or perhaps a light cardio. Sometimes I wished she still napped so I could w/o in the day like I used to :(.

I made a really yummy chili in my crock pot yesterday. It had ground beef, red kidney beans, quinoa, carrots, celery, onions. I got the quinoa idea from BB.com, but I did not follow the recipe to a T. Here it is:
Bodybuilding.com - Slow Cook Your Way To Slim (5th one down)

I plan to make the pulled pork and thai chicken this week too :p.

Sarah

Have you seen some of the recipes (besides Jamie E) on BB.com? They have an interesting one where they make a pizza crust with cauliflower! I have never heard of that :confused:.
Great job on getting out and walking. As Leslie says "walking is the best medicine" :).

Jen
Yes, snow shoveling is indeed a very intense w/o.
Cheers to new beginnings :)

Have a good day everyone :)

Good morning ladies :)

My last w/o was XT BS Bi's & Tri's on Saturday. Actually during the day while Bella was resting (not napping :() on the couch, I went and checked-out some youtube vids from Rebecca Small (thanks Marie she is awesome!). I came across Stomp FX, which is a whole series of step w/o's. The series is actually part of Fitness FX: https://www.fitness-fx.com/. I rarely say that I am extremely interested in w/o's (unless it's Cathe of course ;)) but I AM LOVIN' THESE WORKOUTS :eek:. I want them all! I must have them :eek:. I ended up doing 3 short w/o's from Stomp FX (Neil Bates) on Saturday and it was SO much fun. I plan on doing more of these w/o's, in addition to Xtrain.

Hope everyone had a great w/e :)

Hello Friends.

Hope your day is going well.

Natty. Good for you to get a workout in when Bella is sleeping. I have heard of Stomp.

Sarah. I love to walk. Went to Panera Bread and the store associate told me she has seen me walking.

Coleen. Are you enjoying your trip?

Marie. How are you and B?

Update:
Been shoveling at least once a day. 179 calories for 30 minutes. The 5" plus took me over an hour. My neighbor, young and lazy, refuses to shovel her side of the ramp but used my side last year to get up her drive.
15 days till TX. Plan to be old fashioned with a personal touch and stop by personally to companies. All of my career search groups encourage it but not anyone does it. Even caused an heated discussion in a LinkedIn group. Amazed at the amount of international and national companies hq in Ft. Worth. Wow!! Excited. Plan to network on my business flight if environment permits. Might have sleepers or non-socialables on it.

On Saturday I went to make the Jerk Chicken recipe and realized I didn't have any Jerk seasoning. So hopefullly I can mix some up or buy some to make it this week. Yesterday we had family over to celebrate my brothers birthday and Superbowl. I hate the superbowl. I also took a walk yesterday morning. I am feeling better but still not 100%. I am going to try and do a tape today though.

I have heard of cauliflower crust, but have never tried it. Tonight I am going to do the "meatless monday" I have decided to do a spanish tortilla with a garlic aioli. I know it has eggs but for the most part its meatless, right?

I was looking at the post about the Ultimate Yogi being 25% off. Very tempting indeed.

Sarah

Hi everyone :)

Yesterday's w/o was about 40min of the Fitness Fx vid's on you tube: Stomp (step), Fight (kickbox), Blast (floor cardio), Jump (plyo), Groove (dance). SO FUN! Groove caught me out of my comfort zone -- which is a good thing. I can't dance worth s**t, so I guess a little rhythm will do me some good . I have to see if I can purchase downloads of this series! The music is absolutely fabulous :eek:.

Sarah
Let me know how you like the jerk chicken :p. Ya mon! ;)
Meatless Monday's sounds like a great idea. Can you give me the recipe for the spanish tortillas and garlic aioli? BTW, if it had no eggs, that would be considered vegan, but yes it's still vegetarian.
Are you getting that Ultimate Yogi? I wish I could order downloads of the set :mad:. Get with the program people!!! It's 2013 geeze :rolleyes:.

Jen
Wow the countdown to TX is fast approaching :eek:. I'm excited for you!
I know, shoveling burns mega cals and works the entire body.
I hope the discussion in Linked-In was not a "negative" heated discussion that stressed you out. Do what best for YOU.

Marie
Rebecca Small is pretty awesome :cool:. Her stuff is pretty complex though, even from what I'm used to. I thought I was good, but then I realized I'm not that good. I won't give up though! I like the challenge :).

Have a good day ladies :)

Yesterday hubby and I took a three mile jog/walk. All weekend I spent a long time thinking/researching about exercise. I have decided not to do the X-train 90 undulating rotation. I have decided that although the WO are new. They are basically exactly what I have been doing for years. Upper body 2 days, L body one day, and cardio of some sort on the remaining. I thought about ordering the Ultimate Yogi (and still might) and just doing that. I also thought about getting Insanity. Just to change it up because its high intensity cardio. After all of this thinking (over thinking), I have decided for the next month I am going to do cardio everyday and one body part everyday. I have never taken this approach. So we will see. Today's WO was Burn sets chest and Ride. Although I did not complete ride, I just missed the last song. So close : ). I am feeling very light headed today and still am not 100 %.

Nat - I did watch some of the Stomp FX, and the man seemed fun. Then I watched a lady doing step and it bothered me she was off the music. Infact I don't mind when people are off the music (Cathe) unless she doesnt give me a warning. Because then all of a sudden I realize I'm at a different pace than everybody else. Oh well. I will get you the recipe, of course. The meatless Monday was the hubby idea and lord knows if the beef and potatoes guy said that I needed to get on the band wagon ASAP. Is Bella 100% yet?

Marie - How was date night with hubby? Did they give B soda? Thats what my mom did to the girls the first time I left them alone with her. They were only about 3 months and fizz made their little noses turn red. Then they sat and kicked their legs until she gave them more. They were already addicts. : )

Jen - Panera is something we do have around here, and I like it.
I hope you will have time to check in with us while in TX. If not, no biggy, but I am hoping the best for you and getting excited. I am one of those people that fly up on the wings of anticipation and sometimes crash hard. : )
Thus my business adventure, which nobody is aloud to talk about in the family : )

Sarah

Hello Friends.

Sarah. Great for fitness and for relationship to be walking/jogging with your DH. Not into meatless Monday. I was a vegetarian for years. I'm for experiencing it all.

Natty. Stomp sounds like fun. A workout I could get into. Do you have snow?

Today, I experienced negative energy about my trip to DFW at a support group.
The knocking on doors conversation dropped off the radar. My feeling is that I'm following my intuition on this. Trip is coming together nicely. I need addresses of places I plan to visit. But, I'm not here to please others and I need to find work.
Change is good. My life. My decision.

Hello ladies! I'm back!

We got back at 4 a.m. last night/morning. We were so spent! Our flight from Cancun to Chicago was delayed so that we wouldn't have made our connecting flight so they rerouted us to Newark. Then our connecting flight to Minneapolis was delayed twice. When we finally got in to the twin cities, we had to wait for the shuttle to get our car at the park and fly hotel, then the roads were crappy trying to drive home. Normally it takes 2 1/2 hours to drive home from the cities but it got stretched to about 3 1/2 due to the road conditions. Looooong day. I was originally going to send the kids to school today but decided to keep them home so we could all get some sleep. They absolutely can't miss one more day of school until the end of the year! :confused:

Other than that, great vacation! Lots of beach time. I drank a few too many cerveza's and pina colada's though...also I think I ate my weight in guacamole.:eek:Time to get back on the wagon!!!!

With that in mind, I did Crossfire (minus c/d) and the standing portion of Lower Body Blast (minus w/u). I felt SO good after! Back to work I go tomorrow.

I'll catch up on personals tomorrow. :) Have a great night ladies!

Colleen- Sounds like it was a pretty bad trip home. Hopefully it didn't out weigh the pleasure from the vacation. I have never had piña' colada. It sure makes me think of Imax 2. Did the kiddos have fun? Glad your back, and so on top of exercising again, thats awesome. I would probably be to tired.

Jen - When you wrote "my life, my decision" I said "yeh, take that! I'm not to into going meatless, either since my hubby is super picky and it limits my option SO MUCH. But its his attempt at being healthier. He used to whine if we had chicken more than 1 night in a row, instead of beef.

I have DOMS from my little 15 minute chest work yesterday, it seems almost a little silly. I did burnsets tris and core number 1 today. Then my hubby and I ran intervals, it was tough. I told him I wanted his heart to be in his throat. He said his food would have been on the path if it weren't for his heart being in his throat, LOL. I did a 30/20 run as fast as you can for 30 and rest for 20. We had to take 2 longer breaks because neither of us could catch our breathe. We did that for about 15 minutes and walked for about 45. My daughter and I also took the dog on a walk last night about 4 miles. It was nice spending time with just her.

Sarah

Hi ladies :)

It's day 2 with a fever and cough for me :(. First Bella and now me :mad:. I guess it was only a matter of time :rolleyes:. No workouts until my fever is completely gone.

My last w/o was actually on Tues TBT LB + All Out (standing only) total time 60min. My butt and thighs have serious DOMS. What is it about that w/o???

Colleen
Sorry about all those connecting flights :(:mad:. Glad you had a great vaca despite that. I love Cervesa :p:p:p. How was the beach? I bet it blew your mind hun? And the food? And most importantly :D did they have a swim-up bar ;).

Sarah
Good for you in wanting to try something totally different with your exercise regime :). Have you ever looked into Rush Fit? Stacie from my other check-in has it and has given it very positive reviews. Now Toni is waiting for hers to arrive.
I love how you and your hubby walk/jog together :). A couple that plays together, stays together...or so they say ;). I used to do a lot of outdoor biking with Mark, but then Bella was born and so that took a hiatus. Hopefully we can get back into that.

Jen
We have not gotten much snow, but Toronto is getting hit very hard this year. Usually it's the other way around, and my family is always making fun of us :mad:. Now it's THEIR turn ha ha! Actually we are awaiting a big storm coming today. Mark said it's from Alberta, and apparently those are really bad.

Marie
Hope you are doing ok :).

Bye for now everyone :)

Hello Friends.

Happy Thursday Snow Day!!

Colleen. Happy to hear from you. Wise decision to keep the kids home. On my trip, I plan to eat my thru as well.

Sarah. Thanks for the graphics from your hubby. Great that you are working out together. Walking dogs is what most of my neighbors do for exercise in my neighborhood. MI is the 5th most obese State in the Nation now. We were 30th at one time. We have Public Service Announcements similiar to BBC in UK on fitness and diet now.

Marie. Hope you're Ok.

Natty. Bummer on getting sick. With the weather changes, it took me almost one month to recover. The colder the better to get rid of germs.

Update: Today, I spoke with a former customer/member for a position where she's working now. She sent me an email, I flipped. She was not the easiest to get along with. But, I can do this.
Parents are excited and worried about my trip but most pleased that my alma mater is helping me. Uphill battle everywhere lately with people whom don't like the fact that I'm seeking a new life outside of this city. Granted, it has a lot of energy but it's also ignoring some serious issues too. This trip is the beginning of a new start for me. 12 days at this moment, 11:28 EST or 10:28 CST, I will be driving from DFW to Cedar Hill.
Happy Dance! Many of my single friends going thru the blues always around Valentines.
The grass isn't greener on the other side.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Hi everyone-

Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. I've been so busy and then by the time I'm relaxing before bed I just want to space out and watch Friday Night Lights. LOVE that show. I'm on season one. It's my latest obsession :)

I've been getting some good workouts in. Started Meso 2. I did legs yesterday and have some great DOMS :) YAY! Today was CF and Core 2. The other day I did 4DS Double Cardio Step premix (thought of you Natty).

I'm at work now. Charting done. Assessments and meds all passed. Is it 3:30 yet?! I miss my little guy! Tony is off today and with him. He has been doing so well. Lately he has been getting up at 5:30 though instead of 7. And last night he got up at 1 and 5:30...makes for a tired mama but that's nothing coffee can't take care of. I do try and minimize that though. I'm pretty sure he is teething. He drools a lot and chews on his fist. He hasn't been too fussy though. So in love! He is just the best :)

All this talk of UY. I want it sooo bad! I really think I may buy it especially now that it's 25% off.

Natty- Thanks for posting that recipe. That chili sounds so tasty! Glad you checked out Rebecca Small. Her stuff is super complex but she is GREAT at breaking it down. I have Step2Success and am thinking of getting more soon. Sorry that you and Bella are sick. Hope you both feel better soon. Hope DH stays healthy!

Sarah- Way to get your walks in. Fresh air does a body good! I like the Meatless Mondays idea. I'm not much of meat eater anyways. I should try it. Date night was good, EXCEPT...we texted Tony's brother during intermission and he told us B hadn't stopped crying the entire time. I was sort of mad he didn't text us sooner. My poor lil guy! We left immediately. He was sleeping by the time we got there. Not sure what happened but I'm sure they did all they could. The place was a mess. Bib in the corner, bottle here, another bottle there, gas drops in the kitchen, dropper in the living room, nuk lost. Yikes!

Jen- Way to get the shoveling in. That burns major calories, not to mention you are using different mucles so you probably are feeling it. Thinking of you and your trip to TX. Excited to hear how it goes.

Colleen- Glad you enjoyed your trip. YUM! Guac! Love that stuff. Sounds like the trip home was bad. The weather has been crazy here as you know.

Hello girls!

This week is already overwhelming me with all the stupid little stuff I have to get done. It can be so jarring to come back from vacation sometimes! Plus Mark has the rest of the week off (burning off some extra vacation days) so he's driving me a little crazy, too. ;)

I did manage to get Kettlebell Kickboxing (Strength) in yesterday. Today I was going to do HC but my neck and shoulder is a little wonky from my awful bed and pillow in Cancun as well as trying to sleep on the airplane so I may wait a bit. I did go to the chiropractor yesterday and that helped a lot, but I still want to rest the shoulders and neck a bit to be safe. So, instead I did 3 circuits of Anni's Fierce Force which came to about 48 minutes.

Natty- ITA...what is it about TBT lower body that gets in there so good?? :eek: I get DOMS every time, I swear! I honestly think that is the most efficient lower body workout I have in my collection. :D I sure hope you and Bella get better soon. Rest rest rest...and water. ;) I always forget to drink enough water when I'm sick, the kids always resist to when they are feverish. I'll never forget how dehydrated poor Dylan got when he had pneumonia. Poor little guy. :(

Sarah- I definitely think mixing up your workouts is an excellent idea! UY rocks and it would be totally different for you. For myself, I don't know if I could commit to just yoga for any length of time but it would undoubtedly shock your body, and that always leads to awesome changes and breaking through plateaus. :D Variety is the spice of life...which of course is one reason I have amassed such a huge dvd collection. :eek: I use Cathe the most for sure, but I love throwing all kinds of other stuff in there too like yoga, Ellen, Horizontal Conditioning, kettlebells...not only is it good for keeping things fresh and breaking plateaus but it also provides cross training which helps with preventing injuries. Great job on getting hubby to get his sweat on, too!

Jen- Good luck with Texas! I cannot wait to hear how it turns out. I say pooey to anyone raining on your parade and resisting your willingness for change. People are so afraid to make big life changes themselves and get out of their comfort zone...I'm sure alot of it is envy at your flexibility and adventurousness. :)

Marie- Your man is SOOOO cute! :eek: I totally envisioned a huge tornado like mess at Tony's brother's house. lol Hey, at least they were willing to babysit! :p Awesome job on the workouts! Have you tried out any of the XTrain workouts? Sorry if you mentioned that before and I missed it...I've been out of the loop and just skimmed the previous posts from when I was in Mexico. :eek:

Have a great evening gals!

UGH what a night :(. Bella started coughing at around 12am and threw up all over the bed. And then she started to pee. I grabbed her mid-stream and put her on the floor because I did not want the entire bed to be soaked. I got 0 sleep last night. Today I have to wash/change all of the bedding while I still have a fever :mad:. When it rains it pours :(. Oh ya, get some rest eh? Mom's get NO REST :(.

Marie
Love the pics of your little guy! He is TOO cute :). Can I bite his cheeks off? lol
Great job on your w/o's. Thanks for thinking of me during 4DS ;). I'm flattered ;).
Sorry about your date-night gone wrong :(. When Bella was little, I was a big control freak (I still am lol :eek:). I was afraid to let anyone babysit her in fear that I would come back and find her all stressed-out, crying, not sleeping. The only one I trusted was Mark. Perhaps it's because he is a control freak like I am :eek:. I'm better with leaving her during the day, but I still won't leave her overnight.

Colleen
It's almost if as though you need another vacation when you come back from vacation :(.
Sorry about your neck and shoulder's :(. I have never been able to sleep on the plane no matter how hard I try. I'm just too nervous :confused:.

Jen
Valentines Day is SO overrated IMO :rolleyes:. I have rarely ever celebrated as I just don't understand what the big hype is about.
Sorry about the nasty email that was sent to you :mad:.
OMG all the snow!!! I think moving to TX is a good thing! You never have to see (most importantly, shovel) that damn nasty white crap again!

Nat- I must have had sleeplessness out of sympathy for you because I slept for only about 2 hours last night. I am so sorry about Bella and that your are having to do tis while being sick yourself. So I read your thread about which LB to get next. I just couldn't decide.

Valentines is over rated!

Sorry I missed check-in yesterday. My day got away from me between a hair cut, exercise, and having to be at the gym for 3 hours for a wrestling match. I had to feed the kids dinner at 4:30, ridiculous.

Yesterdays WO was KPC and part of L&G. I forgot what the premix was. It was good. I have major DOMS today. It took my breath away because I went heavier than Cathe on LG and I did take longer breaks. I used LOVE L&G so much. I forgot how much I love that one. The music is good too, and Cathe looks beautiful in it. Then I walked also for about 30 minutes. I still have DOMS in my tummy from X-train Core #1, they are getting worse.

Marie - The one B is in the hat is so cute. I can really tell from what you write you are so content being a mom. Awesome on your WO. Have you done STS previously?

Colleen - When my hubby goes on vacation Day 1 and 2 are rocky. But then we settle into it. By the time he goes back to work, I don't want him to. When we take the kids out of school for a week in the fall I dont let myself feel guilty about it. I always say if I feel like they are actually missing something I'll stop.

Jen - I'm not sure where WA would fall into the obesity thing. However, I know that if they judged Longview or Castle Rock it would be sky high except for the Meth heads. I look around the gym when we are at wrestling matches and honestly I would 80% of the people there are obese. Sounds like your in for some serious bootcamp exercise this weekend with all that snow.

I not sure what WO I will do today, I would like to do HIIT and I still need to squeeze in Back, Bis, and shoulders.

I also wanted to let you guys know I found a recipe for a brown sugar and spiced grapefruit that you broil. It was really good. Bobby Flay (Foodtv) did a web series on healthy living Bobby Flay Fit. He's a chef, so I thought it was a good everything in moderation aspect.

Sarah

Hey Natty! Maybe try to hold off on getting Butts and Guts...I checked out the trade listing on VF and there are several people who have B&G listed that I might be able to work out a trade for you if you want. :) Let me know if you're interested. That way you'll have the disc and premixes unlike the download.

ETA: Okay, I've got 3 requests pending! :) Trust me, these are all dvds I don't use or like anyway (impulse buys :eek:) so arranging this is NO trouble at all! I'd have to get your address though. Hopefully I'll hear sometime today if anyone bites!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.