Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

This is a discussion on We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th) within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Just did personals on the last month's thread. Started a new one for new beginnings. Have a Great Weekend!!!...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Cathlete
JT's Profile Fields

Default We're in This Together (Feb2nd-Feb 28th)

Just did personals on the last month's thread. Started a new one for new beginnings.
Have a Great Weekend!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Cathlete
JT's Profile Fields

Moving this forward for updates.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Cathlete
mom2kttj's Profile Fields

Took a walk last night. The fresh air feels great. I will take a walk again tonight, hopefully. Still not feeling like my old self, but hopefully soon.

Marie- I hope you and hubby have a great date night.

Nat - Hopefully Bella is almost well, and your not getting sick? I've have though about Paleo but I I justs don't think I need to cut the other things from my diet like legumes, and cheese too. That would make me sad. Awesome on the weight increase for shoulders. 15 is about the most for me.

Jen - Thanks for starting a new thread. I really cant fathom shoveling snow twice daily.

Sarah
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

No workout for me yesterday. TTOTM, lack of sleep, and now I have a cold, just sucked up all my energy come evening time. Today I hope to do XT Bi's & Tri's once Bella goes to bed or perhaps a light cardio. Sometimes I wished she still napped so I could w/o in the day like I used to .

I made a really yummy chili in my crock pot yesterday. It had ground beef, red kidney beans, quinoa, carrots, celery, onions. I got the quinoa idea from BB.com, but I did not follow the recipe to a T. Here it is:
Bodybuilding.com - Slow Cook Your Way To Slim (5th one down)

I plan to make the pulled pork and thai chicken this week too .

Sarah

Have you seen some of the recipes (besides Jamie E) on BB.com? They have an interesting one where they make a pizza crust with cauliflower! I have never heard of that .
Great job on getting out and walking. As Leslie says "walking is the best medicine" .

Jen
Yes, snow shoveling is indeed a very intense w/o.
Cheers to new beginnings

Have a good day everyone
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Cathlete

Good morning ladies

My last w/o was XT BS Bi's & Tri's on Saturday. Actually during the day while Bella was resting (not napping ) on the couch, I went and checked-out some youtube vids from Rebecca Small (thanks Marie she is awesome!). I came across Stomp FX, which is a whole series of step w/o's. The series is actually part of Fitness FX: https://www.fitness-fx.com/. I rarely say that I am extremely interested in w/o's (unless it's Cathe of course ) but I AM LOVIN' THESE WORKOUTS . I want them all! I must have them . I ended up doing 3 short w/o's from Stomp FX (Neil Bates) on Saturday and it was SO much fun. I plan on doing more of these w/o's, in addition to Xtrain.

Hope everyone had a great w/e
Old 02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Cathlete
JT's Profile Fields

Hello Friends.

Hope your day is going well.

Natty. Good for you to get a workout in when Bella is sleeping. I have heard of Stomp.

Sarah. I love to walk. Went to Panera Bread and the store associate told me she has seen me walking.

Coleen. Are you enjoying your trip?

Marie. How are you and B?

Update:
Been shoveling at least once a day. 179 calories for 30 minutes. The 5" plus took me over an hour. My neighbor, young and lazy, refuses to shovel her side of the ramp but used my side last year to get up her drive.
15 days till TX. Plan to be old fashioned with a personal touch and stop by personally to companies. All of my career search groups encourage it but not anyone does it. Even caused an heated discussion in a LinkedIn group. Amazed at the amount of international and national companies hq in Ft. Worth. Wow!! Excited. Plan to network on my business flight if environment permits. Might have sleepers or non-socialables on it.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Cathlete

On Saturday I went to make the Jerk Chicken recipe and realized I didn't have any Jerk seasoning. So hopefullly I can mix some up or buy some to make it this week. Yesterday we had family over to celebrate my brothers birthday and Superbowl. I hate the superbowl. I also took a walk yesterday morning. I am feeling better but still not 100%. I am going to try and do a tape today though.

I have heard of cauliflower crust, but have never tried it. Tonight I am going to do the "meatless monday" I have decided to do a spanish tortilla with a garlic aioli. I know it has eggs but for the most part its meatless, right?

I was looking at the post about the Ultimate Yogi being 25% off. Very tempting indeed.

Sarah
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Cathlete

Hi everyone

Yesterday's w/o was about 40min of the Fitness Fx vid's on you tube: Stomp (step), Fight (kickbox), Blast (floor cardio), Jump (plyo), Groove (dance). SO FUN! Groove caught me out of my comfort zone -- which is a good thing. I can't dance worth s**t, so I guess a little rhythm will do me some good . I have to see if I can purchase downloads of this series! The music is absolutely fabulous .

Sarah
Let me know how you like the jerk chicken . Ya mon!
Meatless Monday's sounds like a great idea. Can you give me the recipe for the spanish tortillas and garlic aioli? BTW, if it had no eggs, that would be considered vegan, but yes it's still vegetarian.
Are you getting that Ultimate Yogi? I wish I could order downloads of the set . Get with the program people!!! It's 2013 geeze .

Jen
Wow the countdown to TX is fast approaching . I'm excited for you!
I know, shoveling burns mega cals and works the entire body.
I hope the discussion in Linked-In was not a "negative" heated discussion that stressed you out. Do what best for YOU.

Marie
Rebecca Small is pretty awesome . Her stuff is pretty complex though, even from what I'm used to. I thought I was good, but then I realized I'm not that good. I won't give up though! I like the challenge .

Have a good day ladies
Old 02-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Cathlete

Yesterday hubby and I took a three mile jog/walk. All weekend I spent a long time thinking/researching about exercise. I have decided not to do the X-train 90 undulating rotation. I have decided that although the WO are new. They are basically exactly what I have been doing for years. Upper body 2 days, L body one day, and cardio of some sort on the remaining. I thought about ordering the Ultimate Yogi (and still might) and just doing that. I also thought about getting Insanity. Just to change it up because its high intensity cardio. After all of this thinking (over thinking), I have decided for the next month I am going to do cardio everyday and one body part everyday. I have never taken this approach. So we will see. Today's WO was Burn sets chest and Ride. Although I did not complete ride, I just missed the last song. So close : ). I am feeling very light headed today and still am not 100 %.

Nat - I did watch some of the Stomp FX, and the man seemed fun. Then I watched a lady doing step and it bothered me she was off the music. Infact I don't mind when people are off the music (Cathe) unless she doesnt give me a warning. Because then all of a sudden I realize I'm at a different pace than everybody else. Oh well. I will get you the recipe, of course. The meatless Monday was the hubby idea and lord knows if the beef and potatoes guy said that I needed to get on the band wagon ASAP. Is Bella 100% yet?

Marie - How was date night with hubby? Did they give B soda? Thats what my mom did to the girls the first time I left them alone with her. They were only about 3 months and fizz made their little noses turn red. Then they sat and kicked their legs until she gave them more. They were already addicts. : )

Jen - Panera is something we do have around here, and I like it.
I hope you will have time to check in with us while in TX. If not, no biggy, but I am hoping the best for you and getting excited. I am one of those people that fly up on the wings of anticipation and sometimes crash hard. : )
Thus my business adventure, which nobody is aloud to talk about in the family : )

Sarah
Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Cathlete
JT's Profile Fields

Hello Friends.

Sarah. Great for fitness and for relationship to be walking/jogging with your DH. Not into meatless Monday. I was a vegetarian for years. I'm for experiencing it all.

Natty. Stomp sounds like fun. A workout I could get into. Do you have snow?

Today, I experienced negative energy about my trip to DFW at a support group.
The knocking on doors conversation dropped off the radar. My feeling is that I'm following my intuition on this. Trip is coming together nicely. I need addresses of places I plan to visit. But, I'm not here to please others and I need to find work.
Change is good. My life. My decision.