We're In This Together (03/03-03/10)

mini-natty

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

I had my cousin over (Izabella's godmother) for beef taco's last night. Yummers :p.

Those daily deals are so hard to resist. The Classics are on for $20 today :eek:. Who has this? Are they fun? I love any step......I should do myself a favor and get them. Might have to keep it on the DL ;)

Colleen
Ha, ha, I know about "hiding" fitness DVD's. I'm also good at that. Hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do right?
Jen
I hope you have a good w/e. Next week looks promising :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Hello Natty, Sarah, Colleen, Ellie and Nikki,
Leaving in an hour for Panera to visit the other person who got dragged into the conversation this week. Yes, my weekend and week will be better with boundaries in place.
Beef Tacos sound good. Last night at a ski club party, I had MI apples and chicken eggroles plus some beer. Hoping to workout tomorrow night.
Snow, wind and rain hit last night but not as bad as in IN, KY and OH.
Have a Great Day!!!

Natty- it's so funny, I was reading your post about the hiding of dvd's and then my husband came up behind me and I was like "D'oh!"...click off!:eek: Doot,dee doo... No one but the innocent here, sir!:p

Mmmm, Panera! I love that place! The chicken frontega panini is my favorite! Hopefully everything goes well this week and everyone respects the boundries. Hopefully SWF lady respects it too!

I am such an exercise nerd. I was thinking about doing Afterburn while I was trying to get to sleep last night...then thinking I would play around with some of the leg work in Turbo Barre if my legs don't feel too spent afterwards. We'll see how it goes this morning!

BTW, we are working our way through Mad Men season 4 and watched some last night. Is it just me or is season 4 by far the funniest in the series? I swear I laugh out loud at something in every episode and I don't remember that as much in the other 3.

Today, at my get together, I told the person what was going on although she didn't want to hear it so she knew where I was coming from. She finally understood.
Snowing here today.
When I was married, my ex didnt seem to care if I bought VHS workouts. back then.
eggroles should be eggrolls. sorry.

Whew! I'm spent! I love that calm feeling you get after a really tough work out.:D

After Afterburn (still cannot get through that whole thing without pausing to suck wind darn it!), I did some of Turbo Barre just to re-familiarize myself with it. I only did it that one time before I traded it before. I knew I wouldn't be able to put my all into it and I was really just sort of previewing it but doing some too. I just went to the barre section and started/previewed the thigh focus part and I realize that was the section that caused my knees to ache for a few days that first time. I'm even a little afraid to do some of those moves flat footed so whenever I do this work out I may just skip that whole section.
I LOVE the leg lifts though! The whole barre section with the glutes/hamstrings/outer thigh focus will really be an awesome addition to my lower body workouts! I think I may even just use those sections as add ons to other workouts. I have a loooong way to go before I can do it all though! My legs and lower back were giving out early and I simply couldn't keep my leg up as high as Cathe!:eek: It'll be a challenge to keep going back to it and improve over time! I love a challenge! :) Also the ab work is great. I think this workout will be worth having just for those 2 sections alone!

Time to get in the shower and get some housework done! Later girls!

Both TB and AB are tough workouts. For me, AB is harder though. I don't keep my leg up as high as Cathe does and sometimes don't even bother.

Good evening ladies :)

Tonight's w/o is supposed to be 4DS kickboxing + legs. I hate working out in the evening but hey, I have no other choice today. Life goes on.

I must say, I am becoming increasingly frustrated with others around me questioning my workouts in a negative manner. YES, I workout. YES, I make health/fitness a priority in my life. YES, I am a female who lifts weights. YES, YES, YES. I don't understand people and their need to criticize and embarrass me. Now I'm even getting questioned as to why I go on Cathe's website. Sorry, venting. Only you guys can understand.

Colleen
Sorry I almost got you in trouble :eek: lol. I am a nerd too, I think about my w/o's a lot at night before going to sleep. Man Men is friggin' awesome! Yup season 4 was really funny. The character's seemed more easy going in this season.
AB is just a killer. You know what gets me bad, is those plank exercises. Ohhh and the running man stance just burns!! I am glad you are enjoying the leg lifts in TB. Cathe & crew are not human I tell ya!!!
Jen
How far away from Buffalo do you live? Perhaps in the summer, I could take a drive to meet you (we go to Buffalo almost every year to shop). I would love to have lunch or dinner with you, and of course BEER.

Have a good evening everyone :)

Natty-That is SO wrong you are being questioned for doing something good for you and for teaching your daughter by example working out is a good thing. My ex worked out and so did my Mom plus rest of the family so I always got support. Maybe, remind them that you do know kickboxing and they should be nice to you.
Buffalo NY is about 10 hours away from me. We would have alot of FUN.
I think I'm 6 hours from Toronto. 3.5 hours for me would be London ON. Need to verify.

Correction: Sarnia is 3 hours away, London is 4, and Toronto is almost 7 to get to city limits.

Good morning :)

Last night's w/o was 4DS kickboxing+legs. Loved it! Short and sweet, all under 1hr. The kickboxing, kinda reminded me of KPC, but shorter. Lots of punching, my back is sore today. Rest day scheduled for today. Tomorrow I start my March rotation which looks great.

Jen
7hrs from Toronto is not bad. I've driven 6-7hrs to Montreal. The hard part is getting through the damn border. The USA officials are not so bad. It's the Canadian officials when we try to go back home!!!! HELLO I'm a Canadian Citizen!! They interrogate us like we just smuggled 20kilos of cocaine or something. If they ever decide to do a cavity search, no more USA for me :D :D

Have a good one!

Natty-US Officials do the same thing going back into the States, more questioning on a short visit. About five years ago, I went to a Gala in London. It was fun.

My new friend. We agree on key issues. Different upbringings. Moving cautiously.

Morning girls!
Today I'm going to take another stab at More Cardio Interval Burn by Michelle Dozois...we'll see if it was just my fuzzy ttotm brain or if it really is going to be a workout that pi$$es me off! Hopefully it will be one I enjoy! I'm trying to collect more straight up cardio dvd's for use while I do STS. I have so many circuit workouts that include weights and it made it difficult to decide which workouts to do on my off STS days.

Natty I am so frustrated for you about the crap you are getting for your work outs! It's so hard to stick to fitness as it is, then when you have people being negative and unsupportive around you it makes it even tougher! Most people in my life are either supportive or don't say too much. They see it as my hobby and mostly leave me alone about it. I've said it before and I swear that support for fitness is so incredibly regional. If the local culture is active and everybody is into working out then not only is everybody healthier and more fit but happier and more positive too. In some areas of the US, unfortunately...and I'm sure Canada is the same way, it's almost like obesity is becoming the new normal.:(

It can vary like that within families too. On Mark's side, nobody works out or takes care of their health. On my side, although not everyone works out they at least get that's it's something they should do! There are some people that do workout, but they tend to go to gym's and don't quite get the dvd thing. However, last night my sister actually asked to borrow some of my dvds so she could take a stab at it too! I lent her Jillian's 6 week 6 pack, Cathe's travel fit (I gave her one of my spare bands...I had 3!:eek:), Results fitness 10 days to a better body and a 10 minute solution 5 day get fit mix. I really think she's going to like the Cathe one! I'm so excited to hear what she thinks...hopefully they won't just sit there and collect dust! I told her if she's not going to use them she has to get them back to me because my videos are very important to me!!! :eek:

Okay, hubby is calling...gotta go. TTYL!

Yesterday was 6 hours at a wrestling tournament for 3 kiddos. Didn't eat horrible, however I did eat too much food. It was suppose to be my rest day so I was just going to take the dog on a walk because she had been couped up in the house all day. I got out and put on my ipod and heard Rage Against the Machine and Korn and was kind of irritated with DH and I felt like kicking some a** so I started to run. I ended up running for 3 miles ( keep in mind when I say run I use that term very loosely). Normally if I'm at home home I more of a Billy Joel maybe some old school rap, kind of a girl. But when I run I like kick butt and take names music. I also like hussy music when I run like Pussy Cat Dolls. I even have Justin Timberlake, I knwo it's embarrasing to even type it.

Today was AB and I loved it. Boy, those line taps at the end when she says " burn that butt" make me work so hard, that when it's over I feel like vomitting.

I keep the Cathe forums to myself for the most part although my hubby knows a little. He didn't say a word because I said was really helping me with being accountable for exercising again. It helps so much with my moods he can't help but support me. I sorry your getting shit for it Nat. Your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

If I'm correct your on your rest week Colleen. Is that right? Do you really rest? The last time I had a rest week I did cardio every other day.

Jen- Agreeing on main points is a good thing and don't sweat the small stuff. However, with that being said when I married my husband he didn't want kids and I did. Thats a pretty big thing. What the heck was I thinking?

Sarah

Sarah-6 hours of wrestling. WOW!! You are better than me, I hope to workout later and I think its' been a week. Justin Timberlake is cute.
Colleen-Sounds like I won't be trying More Cardio. You can do it!!

Going to do some job hunting tonight so I have more time tomorrow to do my internship. Today at church, I got questioned about my unemployment. This person thought I should take anything that comes along. McDonalds anyone???
My friend, if I put him in a box which is wrong, but to understand him he is an intellectual. Considers himself a nerd to some degree. I'm attracted to intelligent men. Although he's traveled overseas, I think I'm the more adventerous high energy one.

Hi everyone :)

Today was supposed to be a rest day........BUT I'm going to dabble in 4DS Lower Intensity Step :). I gotta learn that choreo damn it!!!

Sarah
Ummm how dare you insult my one true love Justin Timbo??!!!! He is friggin' awesome!! His albums are top-notch!! How dare you?? :D I love your playlist BTW. I'm an everything kinda gal too. Rock, rap, reggae, pop, R&B, everything. If you like rock while running, try out Metallica. But the old stuff, the new stuff is crap. Cathe has great lines in AB. Burn that butt!! How awesome!
Jen
Oh ya, go to McDonalds, sure. Not that there is anything wrong with that. You know what I mean. Some people need to BUTT OUT. I also have been attracted to intelligent men. For me, brains over powers beauty. I can see this really hot guy, but if he starts talking and is stupid, rude and ignorant, then he's ugly to me. Perhaps things might develop with the both of you ;)
Colleen
So you made look at clips on Collage with Michelle again. She is very high energy. Her cardio looks pretty tough. I don't think anyone can match CCC and Imax3 though. Cardio like that has a certain dread factor for me. I am thinking I would like to try spinning one day. I loved mountain biking before I had Bella.

Gotta go eat, starving now! Have a good evening everyone :)

Tried doing LIC and failed. I had to close out my faves of this website and reopen it since I kept getting a virus. My SIL let me know. Plus, my pc was running slower too.
Yes, intelligent men. Keeping a safe distance. My unemployment is keeping things at a slower pace.
Tomorrow, I will try again with LIC. Praying that this week is good with the group. Have to do internship too.

Today is my rest day!:)
Sarah that's awesome how your walk turned into a run! It's amazing how music can switch your mood and motivate. I usually go for folk rock or alternative/grunge type bands. I love Nora Jones and used to love groups like the Indigo girls, Pearl Jam and when I was in high school I loved the Cure. However, when want to feel like kicking butt something like Rage against the Machine does fit the bill! Nine inch nails or Smashing Pumpkins is awesome too! As for my rest/recovery week...I don't so much plan to rest. I just make sure it's cardio only this week. The last recovery week was sort of restful by default since I was feeling a little under the weather with a cold and just worked out 4 times. This time I plan to do my usual 5 or 6 days but no weights.
I took More Cardio Interval Burn out again after about 7 minutes and put in Kick Max instead yesterday. I was so frustrated with the flow of the workout I posted about it on VF. I got some advice where a few of the girls said to skip the first block on the workout since that one is notoriously bad and hard to follow. I'm going to give it one more try this week and just skip the first block after the warm up. This will make it a 50 minute workout instead of an hour so that is actually a good thing for me when I try to fit in these workouts during the week. Hopefully it goes better on the third try!
You might like the original CIB Natty. Michelle is very high energy...almost like a nervous poodle! I like how Cathe has a more laid back personality but Michelle does seem sincere and not too annoying despite her high energy.;)
Later girls!

Good morning ladies :)

Woke up to a very beautiful, clear, sunny sky. Deceiving. Opened my window to automatically see my breath. Looked at the temps for today......-16c with the wind chill (that's 3f converted I think). And to think, in 4 months, we will be up to 40c (104f). It's amazing how we adjust to temperatures here. I laugh when people complain about a little cold and it being "unbearable". I'm like, ok ya, come over here and stand outside in -25c waiting for the bus". Damn it, I wish I lived in Grand Caymen.

So last night I tried 4DS Higher Intensity Step. FAIL OMG. I was doing ok until combo 2 or 3. And then I went like this ":eek: :confused: :( :eek: ". That's not gonna bring me down though. I will try again.....and again.

Jen
Don't feel bad about LIC. You really have to have the "mind-set" to do that one. I remember one time, I was really tired and in the process of learning it, I totally fell backwards during the reverse straddle. That was it. I got up and called it a day. Hope you have a better week :)
Colleen
Sure, sure, rest day. You mean you are going to do some cardio right?

TTYL everyone :)

Last edited:
oh man, ever since I typed my message this morning I've had that one song by Smashing Pumpkins in my head: Bullet with Butterly Wings. Do you guys know that one? It has this driving beat and it's an awesome song but it is becoming an ear worm! Over and over :eek::confused:!
Natty- you've got me thinking about cardio now!:eek: I don't usually have time in the evening to squeeze anything in though. Maybe a short yoga...that would be nice before bed time...hmmm.:)
I totally hear ya on those folks who don't have to deal with the cold and winter! When you grow up with it, you can tolerate it but it still sucks. We had these neighbors who were originally from California. It was so funny. They were in their early 70's and retired, their daughter was living here so they moved to be close to her. The first few years they thought winter was "quaint". "when it snows we just cuddle up and stay inside!". Well, after a few years they were like, "okay, yeah, this sucks! We're moving back to California!!":p

Natty-I think we should meet sometime this summer. I LOVE London, Ontario.
Nikki-Busy??
Sarah-My playlist is all 80s with some Adele.
Ellie-Where are U?
Colleen-did you rest?
Got about three hours of work done for my internship. I got a tour lined up for where I was passed up for an internship but the guy likes me so when it happens, I will have resumes in tow in KZ. Will try again with LIC.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.