(( We're Meeeeeelting!: The weekend!))))

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning Melters!

It's the weekend and the last chance to get those last minute gifts, ingredients for making scrumptous food. It's also a nightmare out there! The traffic is at a standstill, people in parking lots are not nicex( . I went to buy DH something yesterday and I could not wait to get home.

Leanne:
Thanks for posting that pic of the haircut. I think it is cute, but could not do it with my hair... too wavy and I think it would be difficult to straighten at that length. I love the BFFM book too, but was never brave enough to eat the number of calories it said I should.

Tneah:
P90X yoga is the most boring workout that I ever tried! what a snooze fest!:7 I was thinking about doing one full body workout ( like MM or ME), then 2 circuits interspersed with 3 straight cardio for next week. I agree with you on the weight workouts that do not allow enough recovery time between sets. That is why I like S&H so much and P90x. I hope the new workout ( STS) has this so you can go heavier. You can always pause the DVD and increase the rest time, although it makes the workout a llittlelonger. Sometimes I use the Mix & match option. I did this with 4DS. it stops after each round and that is when I drink water, write down weights used etc.

Michele:
I tried to polish the door knocker yesterday, and it is not coming out like I had hoped. Still very dull. It also has all these curly q things that the polish gets into and I can't get it outx( ..so it has all this white stuff in between parts. I just want to stick it in a bath of something and let it soak.. then pull it out and have it be shiny... I can hope can't I? Hope you are feeling better today.

Lainie:
Go ahead and make those cookies..It only comes once a year!

TK:
Love the new avitar! I would like to be able to do more push ups, and pull ups. I have one of the door pull up bars, but DH put it too low and I can't really use it right. You are just going to have to knit a new pair of leg warmers! Can you believe this... I started crocheting a tea cosy last night. Now I know I am going stir crazy!

Robin:
High ^^^'s on the door contest!

Have a great day!

Deb :D

Hi Deb and all who visit today!

Make a fun weekend for our selves in spite of the traffic and "to do lists" and all!

The goal is to face the next few day s with a smile .

I 'm headed out to start on that list (((hugs friends )))

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning, everyone!

Well, yesterday the DH came home from work with the following goodies: a one-pound box of See's candy (can I mail some to anyone??!), a huge box of Toblerones (seriously, I think it's about four pounds!), three plates of various homemade cookies, one plate of fudge, and two boxes of dark chocolate truffles. My, oh my, is this girl in trouble! Do you think that three hours of cardio will take care of any damage that I might do today?!

Deb -- Glad that the link of the haircut came through! What did the BFFM book tell you about calories? I've actually been eating a lot more than what it recommended for me, but I've still been doing well with my weight loss. I think that adding protein to all of my mini-meals has helped a lot!

Judy -- That's good advice to have fun today and enjoy the holiday spirit!

Lainie -- How are you feeling? Did you rest yesterday?

Robin -- Congrats on winning the door contest! That is just such an adorable idea!

Michele -- Glad that the new carpet is so lovely and inviting!

Shelley -- Did you sleep in this morning in celebration of your time off?

Michele -- Hmm . . . I like the idea of suffocation with a pillow if the DH's snoring continues . . .

Shannon -- Did you get your cardio in yesterday?

TK -- Oh my gosh -- I just LOVE the new Jane Fonda avatar! It made me laugh like crazy when I saw it! Now I think that you really need to get out those legwarmers! I think that I'm going to try one of Christi's step routines today! Wish me luck!

B -- Were you able to fit in any more exercise this week?

Happy Saturday!

Hi Gals. I wrote a post and it got lost in cyberspace. Anyway, today Cardio Fusion was planned but on a whim I decided to run instead. I'm not a dedicated runner so 4 miles is about my limit. It was enjoyable getting out in the chilly air and checking out my neighbor's tacky Christmas decorations though.

I didn't make the hoped-for 10 pounds by Christmas. However, I did weigh myself this morning and found that I'd melted a little more. Total pre-Christmas melting stands at 8.3 pounds. No doubt I'll see a setback over the next week or two. Maybe by the end of January I'll get to my goal.

I'll BBL for personals. Hope everyone likes my new picture! :p

Hello all. Today I am more sick. I woke up and thought that I had forgotten what really sick felt like until today. Ugh. I had no voice at all when I got up--just a squeak. It's come back a little, though it's still weak. I'm feeling a little better as the day goes on, which is typical--lying down at night makes me feel worse and it peaks in the morning when I get up. It's not so bad that I'll go to the ER or anything, though. I'll just wait until my doc is back in her office.

Anyway, I'm still in a happy mood, since it's my favorite time of year. DH went out this morning and did all his Christmas shopping in less than 2 hours. Grrr. Of course, I get things for any extended family so he only shopped for me and the boys. He got mine at the Apple store, so I think that's a good sign.

I'm not feeling at all melty. x( I am trying to be good but I bought all the yummy stuff for Christmas dinner yesterday so I foresee a difficult week. And of course we may be making those Christmas cookies today, if I have the energy.

Deb, thanks for permission to make cookies. :)

Judy, good luck with the to do lists. Since we are just having a small family Christmas, I don't have much to do, at least.

Leanne, those Toblerones would definitely be trouble for me. Yes, I rested yesterday and I'm trying to decide if I should rest again today. Probably so. I may at least walk to the library later.

TK, love that avatar. Such a blast from the past. Yes, Mary Lou Retton was tiny in person, though she still looked powerful.

Well, hello to everyone who follows. Going to go do some laundry. Even a rest day is not a total rest, ya know.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Lainie,

Just wanted to say, I saw what you wrote in response to Katie's post on the OD, and that is so AWESOME that you've lost so much weight this year!! Good for you! I knew you had lost a lot, but I hadn't realized that it was that much!

Happy Saturday All You Melters!

Tk, I totally missed your new avatar!:7 Love it. You are the champion melter-are you still following the South Beach Diet program? I am so happy for you! Those clothes fit loose now huh? You must post new pics of your sexy self:)

Lainie, You poor baby, I want to grab you, wrap you up in a "blankie", take your tempature, ply you with fluids and medicines and leave you alone in a dark room to sleep for one thousand years so you can get over this nasty bug!:-(

Deb, I'll bet if you looked on Martha Stewarts web site, she would have something there that would solve your brass door knocker problem. A tea cozy? What the heck is that? Like a little "warmer" you put around a teapot? Oh how cute:eek: :7

Judy,have fun running your last minute errands today!

Leanne,ha ha! You are faced with the See's chocolates now.}( Good luck my friend.

To Shelley, Michele, Robin and anyone else I might have overlooked, have a wonderful weekend! Its almost Christmas....yippeee!:)

I have Chest/Back on my "to-do" list,plus, oh this is so exciting and romantic! My DH wants to go to Cartier and look for new wedding bands for our combined/Christmas/New Years Eve-we got married on New Years Eve, presents!:) Aw shucks, you guys know we do not exchange gifts on the holiday so this came as a pleasant surprise:7
I am also planning a turkey dinner for Christmas, its actually a "cleaner" food than standing rib roast, which I will not touch and since its just the three of us, DH and Georgie will gorge themselves and then I get blamed for sick tummies and weight gainx( because i made too much food!
So this year its turkey, brussel sprouts, salad, mashed spuds with gravy--thats it.:) I am rambling, so talk to you all later.

Happy Christmas eve eve eve melters! I crossed the last item off my to-do-Saturday list and am ready to relax for the rest of the afternoon. My house is spanking clean, my gifts are wrapped, my cookies are still frozen and for some unexplainable reason, the scale was down 2 pounds this morning. Life is good.

TK, I think you win the melting award. I don't know if anyone else came as close to the 10 pound goal as you. I'm just where I started. Your avatar made me laugh. I think Jane was my first foray into aerobic exercise other than running.

Oh Lanie, you poor thing. You win the award for the sickest melter. When does your doctor get back, Monday or after Christmas?

Leanne, I'll take the Sees! I'll take the Sees. Just kidding. Who loves your DH so much? (That is a backwards way of asking what your DH does.)

Ah Judy, you are still one of the most focused person I know. Keep on swimming, my friend.

Deb, I am not going anywhere except church this weekend. In fact, I may not set foot in any kind of store until Christmas is over.

tneah, have fun at Cartier's! I keep hinting to my DH that I'd like a new wedding band. We've been married over 30 years. I saw a beautiful band the last time we were in St John, but passed on it. If it is still there, two years later, I'll take it as a sign and have my DH buy it for me.

Hi to any other melters who may stop by. Michele, I know you aren't melting today.

I think I going to go see if Greyor would like to take a nap with grandma. Keep on melting friends.

Happy Sunday, melters!

First off.... LAINIE - you march back to your doctor and tell him that you're NOT getting better and he better do something about it! You've been sick forever and I'm worried!

I think I'm happy that I don't know what See's are:p

TK - WTG on the melting! That's wonderful!

Robin - you deserve some relaxing! I'm crossing my fingers that the wedding bands are still there when you back to St. John.

Tneah - ooooooooooooh, new wedding bands sounds LOVELY! You'll have to share pics if you find something fabulous!

Judy - keep swimming and keep smiling:)

Well, today is baking and lunch out with Sophie and a good friend, more baking, wrapping and I'll try to fit in a run later. I just couldn't bring myself to do one this morning. I was awakened in the night by my elbow just throbbing. Maybe it didn't like the KB I did yesterday.

Keep on melting, everyone!

Good Morning!

Today I did a new I-Tread called "Armed & Dangerous". It is supposed to be a circuit workout using the treadmill and weights for 45 minutes, alternating between the two. All I can say is, "yawn". The weight work is pretty sad, very high reps, with 3 lb dumbells and a body bar. I guess if I do it again, I will do every other rep and use heavier weights. I will also up my speed on the treadmill.

The weather here today is scary.. in the 40's with very high winds. Things are blowing off houses, like wreaths etc.

Leanne:
As long as the Sees candy is not the nutty chewy kind I would be ok. I hate any of the soft center type. The BFFM had me around 1800-2000 cal a day, and for staggering, I think I was supposed to go down to 1600. All I know is that I had a real hard time eating that much "clean" food. Now if I could add some good stuff, I would easily be able to do it. When I am eating well, I stay around 1400-1600. Sometimes I caught myself at 1100 and had to up some things to get it up. I am not a big veg eater. That is my problem with eating clean.

TK:
You are doing great on the weight loss!

Lainie:
I went over to your blog and looked at the rotations. I like the 4DS ones! I also have Amy Bento's Slo Mo. There is something about this workout that doesn't to it for me. Some of the exercises don;t even seem safe. JMO. What have to been doing to lose the weight? specific diet? what rotations have you used? Anyway, I hope you start to feel better soon. :)

Tneah:
I will go over to Martha's after leaving here! LOL.. yes.. a tea cosy keeps the teapot warm after you pour the boiling water in. My SIL made tea for us after we did the cookies the other day and she used a teapot, which I have not done in years. It got me thinking about how relaxing that is.. to make a pot of tea and sit down with a book. So I just wanted to do something different, so I got a pattern for a tea cosy off the net and started it. How romantic your DH's idea is about getting the new bands!

Robin:
A nap with the GS sounds wonderful!

Shelley:
Let's just say that Sees are not going to help any of us melt! They are yummy.

Well I am off to see what DH has planned for us for today! He is getting cabin fever or "shack nasties" as he calls it. He hates staying in the house all day and it is my favorite thing to do..go figure!

Have a good day.

Deb ;-)

Good afternoon melters. Today was Gym Style Legs followed by a segment of Classical Stretch. I still have DOMS from Friday's GS Chest and Triceps. It's been a few months since Gym Styles have been in my rotation and my muscles are telling me! Classical Stretch did relieve some of the ouchiness though.

This afternoon I will settle down to do some sewing. This time I'm making a new handbag. I did all the fabric cutting yesterday so today I get to do all the fun stuff.

Deb: Do you use a pattern for the tea cozy or do you just wing it? A tea cozy would be a good gift for my SIL as she's quite the tea drinker. Thanks for the idea!

Leanne: Your DH must really be loved at work to come home with all those treats! Stick most of it in the freezer so maybe it won't be tempting you.

Lainie: Don't you just hate it when our DH's go out shopping and it takes them no time at all? Us women are much more methodical about it I guess. I have to touch, examine, and comparison shop everything I buy. What do you think he got you at the Apple Store?

Tneah: I gave up on doing South Beach after 4 weeks. Although I was following it to the 'T', it just wasn't giving me results. I think what's giving me results right now is that I've cut back on cardio to just 3 times a week and I'm not eating carbs at night. Ooh, and too cool you're getting a shopping trip at Cartier! Shopping for jewelry is always fun.

Robin: Seems to me you got everything off your list so it's time to sit back and enjoy the holiday! Also, if you don't find those same bands on St John I'm sure you'll find something equally fabulous. I don't know if you'll be taking a side trip to St Thomas while you're down there but they have lots and lots of jewelry stores to choose from.

Shelley: Sounds like you have a fun day planned. I hope your elbow starts feeling better. We don't need any more injuries in our little group!

Hi,

TK:

Here is a link to the pattern ( free) I got off the internet. I am curious about the handbag you are making.. I would love to see it. Is it a pattern that you bought? I also quilt and love to make household things, everything but clothes! I hope the link worked.

Deb

http://megan.kiwi.gen.nz/RosyCosy/

Hi everyone,

We had a wedding last night, and I definitely overindulged! Christmas Day was going to be my rest day this week, but I may fit in some cardio so I can indulge without too much guilt. 'Tis definitely the season to overeat! Ouch!

This morning I did GS Back, Shoulders, and Bis, and tomorrow I may do Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme instead of KickMax since I need a calorie torcher and I find Amy's KB to be tougher!

TK -- That is great that you've lost so much since Thanksgiving! What great work! That's a great idea to freeze some of those treats. We've also been bringing it places to share with others!:)

Lainie -- Are you feeling any better at all? If not, you should take it easy the next few days and then get into the Dr. as soon as you can! You don't want to be sick when your mom is there!:) Any ideas of what you might be getting from the Apple store?

Robin -- I would gladly have sent you some of the See's candy, but we brought it to a get-together on Friday evening. Next time, I'll ship some your way! My DH teaches high school, so his students always give him sweets. (Of course, he did get some nice gift cards and ties, too . . . . )

tneah -- How exciting to get new rings! Have you looked at Cartier yet for the ones you want? How long will you have been married? Happy early anniversary!

Shelley -- Hope you elbow feels better! Has it been bothering you lately?

Deb -- Sorry that your morning workout was a disappointment! That tea cosy pattern is just adorable! I hope you can talk your DH into staying inside today. I'm like you -- I like to stay indoors and relax when I can!

Hi to everyone else!

Hey Deb: That cozy is really pretty. I'll keep that link. I'm not the best crocheter (is that a word?) but online I can always find tutorials to get me through! I knit much better though. Funny but I've found that people either knit well or crochet well, but rarely both.

I'm also a quilter. I have a couple quilts I want to do but still haven't decided which one. Usually I can only manage to complete one quilt per winter.

Here's a link to the bag I'm making. The one I'm doing is all the way down at the bottom of the page. It's called 'Trixie Bag'.

http://www.sewcontempo.com/kits_patterns.html

My bag is in tones of blue, purple, and a smattering of red. It's a good use of odd pieces of fabric stash. It won't be finished today because I need to buy some more interfacing. Maybe next weekend.

Good evening everyone!:)

Well we picked out the rings, they are simple-three thin bands of platinum, rose gold and gold intertwined--very pretty.We had to order them from Cartier and they have them shipped. There is a store in the Wynn hotel, so we can just buzz over to pick them up. He already bought me my "sparkler;) " about three years ago for my birthday! Whatta nice guy I married, Robin, get those bands, its really important for some reason it reminds you of your commitment to each other and how lucky you are:)

TK and Deb, my aren't we the crafty bunch round here?:7That is so cool you guys can sew, knit, crochet, etc...

TK, you LOST weight after cutting back on your cardio? Was it that or limiting your caloric intake later in the day? I am the cardio queen!

Leanne, don't sweat the food thing, I am not doing that great either!
x( Not terrible, but not "melty".

Lainie, hope today finds you feeling better!

Shelley, how did the baking and all the fun Christmas prep go?

I have another comment about the workouts, want to see if anyone agrees with me. Ok, I did the DrillMax cardio circuits and a little section from LIC-cardio blasts this AM. Now, isn't Cathe like 5'1 and the rest of them are around that right? Rhonda was the only tall girl, she was 5'7 like I am. So I am doing those moves were you have to touch the ground, I cannot bend down that far and still keep up the pace! Is it because the ground is farther away, or is it my silly lower back?
:) And it would seem there is a reason why gymnasts are all so short, its much easier "tossing yourself about" when you are a smaller person than when you are a larger person right? I don't know, some of those things the gals do, I can to, just not as well? Does that make sense? Although I noticed my side to side moves are much larger than theirs because I am taller! Right? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part? Anyway, my right knee is talking to me, not sure whats up with that...

Talk to you guys tomorrow, gotta figure out what I am going to do for exercise until the new rotation is posted. I think I am going all out cardio-lots of it, plus two days of Pilates and thats it. My bod hurts and is tired from the heavy lifting. Cheers to all you beautiful gals!:7

Hi everyone--very late check-in today. Our internet and our phone service were out for much of the day. We've had quite a lot of rain so I guess that had something to do with it. Luckily we're back online now. I did a lot of major house cleaning today; I've been letting it slip a bit lately with the illness and the seasonal hubbub, but it occurred to me my mother will be here in just over a week, so I decided to kick it into gear. I still feel sickly, but better than the low point that was yesterday, so perhaps I've taken an upturn (again). I can only hope to kick it for good soon. I promise you all to see my doc when office hours resume, if I'm not all better by then.

No workout today except Clean Max x 2. Tomorrow being Christmas Eve, not sure if I'll get the chance, but if I do, and if I'm feeling o.k., might do Kelly Coffey-Meyer's new Cardio Sculpt DVD.

Tneah, wish you could come and wrap a blankie around me and take care of me. At least my mama will be here on the 1st so maybe she'll do that for me. Your rings sound gorgeous! I might work on my DH to do new rings when we hit a significant anniversary or something. Also, I sometimes wonder how being taller than Cathe and the girls might change things for me--although I am only 5'5" so it's not a big dramatic difference. On the other hand, I've also wondered about Amy Bento, who seems like she's at least 5'8" if not taller (does anyone know?) so that some of the leaping about seems impossible for me with shorter legs--or maybe just because I am a weakling. Hmm.

Robin, I'm not sure when my doc gets back, but I figured I'd call over there the day after Christmas. Perhaps if she's not in one of her colleagues could see me (I saw one of the others last time when I was wanting to be seen soon). Congrats on the loss yesterday!

Shelley, yes ma'am, I'll see the doc ASAP. It sounds like you had a busy day. Dare I ask what you baked? Yesterday the boys helped make Christmas cookies (the sugar cookie cut out with holiday cookie cutters and sprinkled with stuff kind). The cookies looked pretty good considering they were decorated by a 2-year old and a 5-year old. Tasted fine because I did the mixing and rolling out.

Deb, glad you liked some of the rotations. I have to admit I haven't done all the Slo-Mo workouts yet (I've got so many new workouts to get through lately--I've got to take a hiatus on buying these things). From what I've done so far, I've liked it well enough, and definitely better than her All Pump Xtreme because there were fewer equipment switches and better overall flow. To lose the weight, I was doing Weight Watchers (still am, but not as well-committed as earlier in the year). I have done a few different rotations, but not many month-long ones (in spite of inventing quite a few and posting them on my blog). Basically I've aimed to get 5-6 days of workouts a week, with 3 days weights and 2-3 cardio. Some of the weights were circuits or total body weeks and sometimes it would be 3 or 5-day splits. And of course I did a few weeks of upper, then lower, then total body with the weights. My cardio varies from step, kickboxing, and jogging, though I did a lot of dance videos earlier in the year. I had already lost most of the 25 lbs before discovering Cathe in April, and after that it wasn't so much lbs I lost as clothing sizes. I'd still like to lose at least 15 more lbs or at least go down a little lower in clothing sizes.

TK, no idea what he got me at the Apple store--probably just a computer game or something. I try not to get my hopes up too high with my DH (and therefore he often exceeds them if I keep them lower). I do like some games, so hopefully it's a good one. If not, well, I'm pretty happy about the Rykas and LIS outfit I wrapped up for myself. :p

Leanne, yeah, like I said, feeling slightly better but not like I'm healthy. It's so irritating being sick for so long already. It hasn't been completely debilitating but it has been a hindrance. Ugh. Thanks for your concern. :)

So are ya'll telling me to continue resting from the exercise or should I go ahead? I miss it, but on the other hand sometimes it's nice to have the break as well. Not sure. I've been just sort of going by how I feel at the moment.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.