WeightWatchers WEDNESDAY 11/15 Checkins

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning to all! Just strating for us then I'll read yesterdays busy board & be back!
ITS MY REST DAY!!!!!!!! YIPPEEE.... happy dance.... High 5's!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good morning, Traci, and all that follow:

It's been so busy lately I can't find time for sleep much less these great boards. Hopefully, I'll get some time soon to be more of a regular here. :)

I 're-signed' last night. I had posted a while ago that I just could get the time to go in to the meetings so I was doing the program from home. Well, that just doesn't work - I need those meetings bad....and my leader is awesome and welcomed me back with open arms. The scale was horribly scary, but that's why I went back, right? ;-)

I hope everyone has a fabulous day and I'll be back later if time allows.

Marcia.

Corinne: ALWAYS good to see you! I'm calling your post the GREAT NEWS DAY POST! Moms health & Cathe tape:7 Party Invite:7 5 Year anniversary trip:7 New Workouts arrived}( Thanks for sharing all your happiness with us!

Jane: I'll be making that recipe for Tgiving as well! ENJOY. HIGH 5 on making LIFER! What an awesome accomplishment... I feel like we are in the presence of GREATNESS! Enjoy LIC today... How are you liking the November Rotation? Did you have specific goals in mind when you opted to do it? If so, is it accomplishing them?

Amy: GREAT BARGAINS! I love bargains!!!!! Would love to find wine on my doorstep;-) My house smells like Cinammon Apple Berry this morning....yum-o! Makes me feel like I been baking MINUS the clean up and calories;-)

Teddygirl: HOORAY on final study week... lol you think you'll get your life back... IT TAX TIME SWEETIE! I so adore Kenpo & Plyo. KENPO is the best Kick workout I have ever done! The cardio benefits are amazing considering its all "drills" and low no impact! Plyo is just a pure FUN calorie burner w/ INCREDIBLE DOMS that sneak up on ya! Yeah--- I'm a 100% P90X junkie right now.

Claude: So sorry about the late night cravings! It can feel like torture I know. My strategy is to drink (sip) on something hot. I either have a cup of decaf green tea w/ lemon & splenda (lemon squelches the desire for other tastes for me) or Swiss Miss FF/SF cocoa if I must have chocolate... If I want to be REALLY bad I throw some cool whip free on top of it!}( Hang in there... you'll find what works for you.

Sandra: BIG HUGS to you and your visiting germ-ans that wont go away! THANK you so much for your perspective on my wt... I like being solid as well and I will let the scale tell me what my body wants to weigh. EXCITING news about your January 1 P90X start date!!!! I start week 3 tomorrow and cannot believe how quickly the weeks are flying by. Another 7 days and I'll be in RECOVERY Week of Phase 1. Mind you recovery means simply no lifting! Its all about cardio & abs! Phase 2 I change up workouts to some even more difficult ones from what I hear.... I am really looking forward to the entire process.

Jennifer: THANKS for sharing the details of your Nutritionist visit. I feel like I should mail you a check or something;-) START EATING GIRL!!!!!! WooHoo...HAPPY DANCE

Cheryl: Hope you enjoy either B&G or DM today! I did DM UpperCardio mix yesterday and truely thought I was gonna pass out! The Drills "look" so easy.... My heavens I was drenched! Wish I had had my HR monitor for that one! THANKS for Almonds suggestion (to someone else) I am snagging that one right up & will incorporate it starting tomorrows workout

Buffy: LAST BUT NEVER LEAST: I am always in awe of how consistent you are w/ your points... Even your little deviations from plan are never enough to de-rail you. High 5! P90X is so good about making sure we have DOMS isnt it? I am amazed that there has not been 1 day where some part of my body isnt talkin to me... 15 days of DOMS oh my, why do I like this so much??? Take a pic of those shoulders girl! Mine were already pretty defined as its my favorite body part to work but even I am sore every day! I had to put Thermalgesic on them yesterday and my booty too!:7

StretchX this morning, errands fill the rest of AM then I will take some down time to read, nap and enjoy the REST day.
GREAT JOB to everyone and thanks for always being inspirational & motivating! ;)

Welcome Back Marcia! My arms are open as well.... You are an important part of our check-in so just know we care. Its is so difficult to find that natural rhythm to the program sometimes. Please try and keep it all in perspective. We are here for you anytime you want to jump in. We have many LIFERS with us now... and some great new ladies since you were here last .... take advantage of the support & ideas.. They really are AMAZING here. Congrats on taking your step of re-signing... Its sounds like it was a milestone for you.
Hugs
;)

Good Morning,

Tracie – Enjoy your rest day ((((YOU))) train (((HARD))) woman ;) ;)

How’s everyone? This morning I did P90x Chest & Back and Ab Ripper, the push ups are a beast, OUCH! Major DOMS. I used my door gym and barbell for my back.

Ab Ripper, man oh man, I could barely keep up, nice moves, but I made it. Too be honest, I probably did about 20/22 counts to his 25 some of the moves was just plain hard, therefore I took my time.

I’m going to study all day at work, so that, tonight I can push out a cardio workout :p :p either Plyo or Cardio Fusion or Imax. I shall see.

Teddygirl~

Tracie, I meant to tell you last night I did HKBC and it wasn,t that tough, but soooooo much fun :D :D But I tell ya, it will definitely firm the entire body. I’ll be reaching for that one at least once a week no doubt :p :p :p :9 :9

Teddygirl: OH MY... YES those pushups just keep coming & coming! I modified almost every single Ab Ripper just to get thru it... gotta get my lower back stronger for those to be done exactly as Tony does them. Whats is a "door gym" you mentioned??? Is it for the pull ups? Curious as I wont be getting the pull up bar..

A Door Gym attaches to any door which allows you to work UB. You can find them at Target, K-marts or any sporting store. Wait, I’m going to see if I can find you a picture.

Just a quick stop. I want to get my workout in before my facial, so I need to get running.

It's raining here, so it was hard to get the body out of bed! I will check in later when I get back, ya'll! Have a good day!

Morning everyone!

Jane - Congrats!! Welcome to Lifetime!!!

Corinne - What a super day!! 5 years - congrats!! I married my high school sweetheart - met him at 16 too. We've been married 18 years, together for 24, and still going strong!!! And they said it wouldn't last.

Marcia - welcome back! We missed you!

Amy - funny about the wine as I'm trying to add wine to my regular diet in order to cut cholesterol. Yea on the workout clothes!

Sandra - hope those germies go away once and for all!!

Teddygirl - good luck on your studying - it'll be so nice to have it all over with!

Can't remember everyone else's posts and I've got to get back to grind - so if I missed you I'm sorry! I should have a chance to check back tonight and get caught up with personals.

This am was ME. Haven't done that one since the end of August - I did it every week for a while. Back then it was both a strength building and endurance workout for me as I was just starting out with serious strength training. It definitely didn't feel as grueling today as I remembered it. It was a very good workout, all in all.

Hoping that eating will go well today. Packed a light lunch and dinner will most likely be out as it's only DH & me tonight.

Happy Hump Day!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good Morning!

Welcome back Marcia. It'll be good to have you around again.

Traci - Thanks for the compliment on the points. I do try to stay consistent with my points. Weekends can be challenging though. GRRRR!!

This morning I was still feeling my back, shoulders and chest a lot. Also, a muscle in my upper thigh is aching and not in a good way. I decided to just do yoga this morning (listening to my body). Yoga was on the schedule for tomorrow but I figured it won't hurt of I switch days. I'll do Ab Ribber tonite. I did the bonus abs from Butts & Guts last nite. I didn't feel like I really worked my abs hard. Maybe I just need to just used to some of those new moves.

Eating was good yesterday; stayed at 23 pts. Hope to do the same today.

Have a good day.

Buffy

Oh my goodness, the thread is already so busy! I'll start by picking up where we left off yesterday....

Re: weight lifting gloves. I usually wear them, but since Cathe didn't have them on in BM2, and to prevent pausing the player, I just went ahead without them. Big mistake. I'll have to remember next time that the sweat factor is too high in that workout. And they are a really important piece of equipment, I agree. They especially help when lifting dumbells heavier than 12lbs, and doing heavy barbell work.

Jennifer - your meeting with the nutritionist obviously went really well. I'm interested in how you do with the higher calories. I should think that to get to 2000 calories (about 40 points, right?) a day with core foods, you'll be eating constantly! Keep us posted!

<Incidentally, while I've been typing this, the baby has gone to the cupboard, gotten herself a soft oatmeal cookie, and is grating it down the cheese grater....in my living room. On the new rug x( I'll be right back.>

Corinne - WOOHOO!!!!!! I can't wait to hear what you think about BM2. I was so excited the evening I got my dvds that I wanted to go to bed with my workout clothes on, so I could jump up and do one first thing! I hope your Mom likes the workout, and joins you in others. That would be a wonderful thing to share with her. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for her. You are having a great day, I must say!

Jane - LIFETIMER!!!! Welcome to the club! Did you get the little key to put on your key chain? I love that little thing, but it fell off a year ago (boo hoo). Okay, I understand that CF has just the drills from DM, but then everyone mentions doing the squat-thrust-tuck-jumps, which from my understanding aren't actually part of the drill. Does she include that one to really finish you off? I made up my own version of CF using my vcr/dvd combo player, and just need to know what I need to add.

Amy - If you can still read this, after drinking 3 bottles of wine: Great shopping day yesterday. You found some gems! You're going for a facial today? NICE!!!

Marcia - It's a great day for a new start!

Traci - The germs are starting to exit the building, I think. The stuffiness is going away, the eye is looking better, I'm starting to think clearly again. I might be back to normal one of these days!! I'm really jazzed up about doing P90X because of you and Buffy, and all the others who rave on about it. I was reviewing the eating plan again last night, and if I follow that, I'm going to do their portion control version, combined with WW points. They would work well together. I don't like Phase I of the eating plan, though. Two isn't very good, either. I already eat very close to Phase III, so I'm thinking maybe I should just do Phase III throughout? Or maybe I need to shake things up and do the first two phases, even though I don't want to? I can't decide!!! And I also would rather eat food, than 8 points worth of a sports bar and a recovery drink every day; but what kinds of foods do I sub for the bar and drink? So many questions. Trust me, I don't expect you to know the answers; I'm posing them here rhetorically. However, if you have opinions, I'd love to hear them.

Teddygirl - Intensity Be Thy Name. Great plans for the day.

Claude - I haven't done ME in ages. It's such a great workout. How are your biceps? }( The ab work in that one is deliciously effective.

Buffy - you could always throw in a few pikes and roll-ins to that ab workout }( }( I admire you for listening to your body. I never know whether my body is telling me it's reached its limit, or just moving outside of its comfort zone. You don't see progress if you stay within your comfort zone, but then, you don't want injury, either. It's a fine line, and I seem to find it a very fuzzy one, as well.

This morning I did Butts & Guts. This time, I inserted the bonus sit 'n stands, leg presses, and glute squeezes right after the warm up. I figured they would get my overall leg more, and also pre-exhaust the muscles a bit. I think they did the trick, because I found the workout a bit harder this time. I'm pretty sure I'll be really feeling this tomorrow. I still can't believe I did a 90 min lower body/abs toning workout. I used to hate that kind of stuff. Now, I want to do it twice a week!!

In case anyone is interested, I'm following a 4 week rotation I devised. I posted it on the Rotations forums. It uses the new workouts, but also includes many others, and has a lower body focus.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Hi, everyone! What a wonderful day!

Sandra, you are so funny - I have a visual image of your baby grating the cookie over your new rug :)

YAYYY for Butts & Guts!!! That's what I did this morning. I loved it. definitely a workout to run midweek, away from my biggest runs, and definitely not too close to DM.

Claude, hurray for ME! It's one of my favorites. I'm so glad you liked it today.

Traci, hurray for rest day! Well deserved and much needed.

Well, on to work. Darn it.

Have a great Hump Day everyone!!
Cheryl

Forgot to mention - Marcia, welcome back and congrats on re-signing.
Those meetings are soooo valuable - I've come to the same conclusion and have been attending again (not just weighing in) for the past two weeks and it's made a big difference.

And yes, it's so nice to be in the company here of people like Amy, our lifer.

Life is sweet.

Cheryl

Sandra - Your little one got me laughing!! I know it isn't funny at the moment, but write these moments down in a notebook. You'll look back one day in the near future and marvel at how ingenious she was (ok, maybe the distant future, but you will, I swear!). You did the bonus section in addition to B&G??!!??!! You are definitely Wonder Woman in my book!

Cheryl - I've always loved ME, it was one of my earlier Cathe workouts. I think I did it to exhaustion though and I just no longer felt the need to do it so frequently. But today it was awesome. BTW - how did DD enjoy her special day/evening??

Buffy - good for you,listening to your body! It's so hard to do when we're focused on obtaining a goal, but it's so important in order to not get derailed.

Oops, boss is coming- bye now!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Sandra & Claude - I do struggle with listening to my body vs. trying to exceed my current fitness level. But I've also learned to distinguish between good pain and bad pain. Bad pain = take it easy. It is sometimes hard though. I have the occasional feeling of "am I being a slacker by easing back?"

That said, I like that the P90X has a yoga day built into the classic rotation. I feel like I can stick it in when I need to most and not feel like I'm going off the rotation.

Buffy

Hi Ladies,

Welcome Marcia!Hi to all the regulars, I've been swooping in when I can.

I surprised myself this week by losing 2 more pounds despite it being TTOM. I had a near perfect week on Core with just my "Treat Night" for off plan and 2 glasses of wine.

Most remarkably, my body is really responding to the new workouts. I continue to focus on cardio and sneak in some circuit weights and B&G during the days immediately following my weigh in.

Today I did LIC Cardio Timesaver plus Body Max 2 bonus cardio. It was about 60 minutes of pure sweat dripping step bliss!

X

Amy: Hows the new face?:p

Claude: GREAT W/O! See how much strentgth you've built since Aug??? Oh no I hear Helen Reddy singin' again:7

Buffy: Its great you like yoga- I bet it really helps twist out all the kinks! Why do you think you are "bad" sore today?

Sandra: LOL Baby/Cookie/rug.... Could have been a CRAYON! :7
I'm using the P90 Bars & recovery drink as pre & post-work out fuel. Its a perfect blend of Prot/Carb so I'm sure something like the almonds would work. B&G + Add Ons.......DO YOU HAVE A FEVER???????

Cheryl: B&G for you too? Oh my we must have some tight B&Gs in checkin line today:D

X: WOOHOOO and ZIPPITY DO DA!!! Happy feet doin' happy dance for you! HOW AWESOME 2 pounds off must feel.... CORE must be your perfect plan. INCREDIBLE!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.