WeightWatchers CheckIn 11/21 TUESDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning WW Gang!
Copied below is the thread from 3fatchicks.com (thanks for the reference Lori!)regarding new program anticipated changes. Mind you its all heresay at this point but sounds like WW is realizing that many of us were starving based on the "typical" activity level of a WW client. Its a potential "SPOILER" if you dont want to know before its announced!

Yes - there are changes a comin.
The way your target points are calculated is going to based on age, gender and lifestyle (activity level).

They will also focus more on the emotional aspect of weight loss and eating "until satisfied" and what that really means.

CORE is staying pretty much the same except for some definitition around "eat until satisfied".

Are they still going to keep the 35 flex a week or do you think they will do away with that? personally I loved when they had a range or if they would just have one target and no flex points to play with. They just kill me LOL

From what I've heard, all the basics are staying the same; the big change is how you calculate how many points you get - which I would think would affect your activity points but not your flex points.

We should know more soon - the official announcement is Dec 10th, but leaders are giving sneak peaks and hints.

There are also new program materials and handouts.

Happy Tuesday!
DH & I both woke up at 12:30am and looked at each other and said LETS GET UP! We just couldnt sleep... Oh well I'll get lots done today!:7
Workout is KENPO X (kickbox) and I'm doing an add on of ??? minutes.. (never done this one) Its a Bonus Punching Bag segment Amy Bento has on her new Kickbox Extreme. There is a modifier that does not use a bag - looks like its a Drill type thing which is really what P90 is so it should be a great addon! I really appreciate P90 & Amy Bento's stuff because of the modifier in the crew. Its a definite plus for me in ordering in the future (Jari Love does this as well!)

Today is a busy day getting all the items off my list double checked and ready for bay. I'm going to leave at 9am tomorrow to avoid traffic and DH will load up 3 kids around 3pm when he gets off work. Its always a major production at T-giving because their is only 1 small country store unless I drive 30 miles to next big town.... cant buy much in way of "Oh I forgot to bring" stuff in a town of 250!

AMY: So sorry about your fatigue-mental & physical. YES girlfriend.. Its just fine to say that this is reason for grouchies! ;-) Happy you took your rest day. I cant wait to hear about your RTTC program & results. How long will you stick w/ that workout? Do you like to do them for a few weeks to see the possible results? You seem to be really shaking things up!

Teddygirl: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{big hugs on big day!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Jane: LOL: I think there must be a cyber space area for lost entries...I'd love to read all those missing posts! Happy T-giving to you as well! Sounds like you have your hands full so best of holidays in case we dont see you before the big day!

Hope someone wakes up soon so I have something to do while I drink my pot of coffee! (DH is working away in his office & wont play this amx( )

Good Morning!

Today I did P90X Plyometrics. Great workout. Last nite I did B&G abs plus B&G bonus abs. I'm sure I feel that later.

Traci - You'll like KenpoX. I've done it twice now and the second time I held 1 lb. heavy hands while doing the punching. I felt it in my shoulders. Maybe one of these days I'll break down and buy weight gloves but for now the heavy hands work fine. Have fun at the bay.

Eating went well yesterday. I used 20 pts. plus my 4 Aps. Feeling good. We have started receiving holiday baskets at my office from clients. They are stocked full of chocolate, cookies and other no-nos. I'll do my best to resist.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Thanks for the info, Traci!! I'm looking forward to getting the new materials! I'm glad they're going for a more tailored points target, although as the poster said, I sure hope they won't do away with the flex points--I like having that flexibility (no pun intended).

Jennifer

PS I did PUB for the first time yesterday (PLB is on tape today), and my biceps hate me. Ouchie.

Hi, everyone!

Wow, Traci, sounds like interesting changes coming at WW. Great workout planned for today.

Buffy, I've hear that workout is good. I love the B&G abs and bonus! Just right.

After yesterday's Drill Max (whew, I was dripping!!) I ran 45 minutes today on the treadmill.

Starting off a much better day than yesterday. I got a lot done last night- Thanksgiving grocery shopping, housecleaning, etc. So lots of PR to finish today.

Have a great morning, everyone! I'll pop back in later -
Cheryl

Good morning,

Buffy - Nice ;) ;) I'm going to do Kenpo this week.

Today we our very busy, b/c office is closed Th & Fri.

Any who, this morning workout P90X chest back, ab ripper, 20 min jog, :p ttyl

Teddygirl~

Good Morning....Eating went well yesterday. Tomorrow morning is my weigh-in. I hate weigh-ins. I get nervous the whole day the day before. It doesn't matter if I do well eating or not, it does not gurantee a loss.

Today my workout will be KPC. I used to have P90X but I sold them on Ebay.

Lori

Traci- Thanks for the tidbits of info. That's the same as to what I had heard as well, but can't get anything from my leader. Yes, I plan to stick to the Ripped for weights over the next several weeks to see what kind of results I get. I still plan to stick to 4 days cardio (ideally).

I can't quite get a handle on what's going on in my head. I slept until 2pm today (but didn't go to bed until 3 am!) I guess that I am just not awake yet. Last night was horrible.....the inner-demon came out and completely ransacked the pantry!!! It found a box of Teddy Grahams that I had forgotten were there! It finally wore itself out about midnight (started about 6pm), hence why bedtime wasn't until 3!!!

If I get my backside in gear, there will be some cardio done, not sure what, yet.

I hope that everyone is able to get their T-Day check lists done...DH and I have to pick up a ham tomorrow and maybe the makings of banana pudding. I was thinking about a pie, but that's a bit too much work for me for just 5 people (guaranteed that where we are going, she will have at least 3 other desserts as well!).

Hi everyone,

Late check in for me today. Small bunch. Is everyone busy preparing for the American T-giving? I'm envious of you! I love Thanksgiving. So what if Canada had ours last month? I'd happily do it again!

This morning I did KickMax warm up and combos. Then GS BSB timesaver premix. Then back to KM for the stretch.

Lori - why did you sell P90X? I just bought it and plan to start the classic rotation on Jan 1. Right now the 14 month old just uses the box as a stepping stool to climb onto the coffee table. It sounds to me as though you do not feel in control of your weight loss; as though it's only luck that changes the number on the scale. That's not true; it's all your hard work and healthy eating that creates the weight loss. If you're eating on plan and being honest in how you count your points, then you will not see a fat gain. You just won't. If the number on the scale doesn't reflect how well you did that week, then be rest assured that there are many reasons for that, other than fat gain. Stay persistant, committed, and confident in yourself and in the WW plan. The scale is a very gross estimation of how much excess body fat we have. Don't let it determine how you feel about yourself and all the hard work you put in every week. Your life is bigger than a number on a scale.

Traci - thanks for the info on the changes to come. I personally prefer the flexpoints over the point-range method. I find it very hard to "cheat" with flexpoints. Nothing's really off limits. I'm very curious about this emphasis on eating until satisfied. I wonder if people have to be retrained into identifying what satisfied truly feels like? I know I don't usually feel satisfied until I'm at the level of "stuffed", which is why I need to use external cues to tell me when to stop eating (portion control!). I seem to be afraid that every meal will be my last, so I need to cram as much in as I can. I also just love the taste of food, and want to experience it as much as possible. There's a thread in the open forum about Amy's Kickboxing workout. Apparently she has some really bad form in it, and people are suggesting modifications. What do you think about it? A town of 250 people? For me, that's a family reunion (no exaggeration, I swear). And you're right that I'm feeling down and discouraged these days. Thank you for your kind words on the weekend. I'm trying to look at my to-do list every day as a challenge, rather than a burden, but sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed. I know one of problems is that I want it all, at the same time, and that seems a bit unachievable. Anyway, at least I don't have any serious problems, and I shall stop complaining :)

Jane - GRRR on the lost email yesterday!!! I think it's very admirable that you helped your daughter work the concessions on Sunday. You're a great mom! It's funny - my FIL is a retired teacher, and he has gone on a trip to Germany a few times with a choir group. I've never understood the whole connection there?? Anyway, I wonder if it's related to what your daugther is doing?

Buffy - what are heavy hands? It's a tough time of year for clean-eaters who work in offices! Why doesn't anyone ever bring a veggie platter and humus as a holiday treat?

Jennifer - Nothing works my upper body better in a single workout than PUB. I just love how I feel when I'm done that one. It's hard to believe there isn't a single push up in the workout (except the warm up). I like the PLB standing work; the stability ball work is just torture, IMO. Especially the one-legged hamstring presses. I just hate them, and even Cathe seems to struggle through those.

Cheryl - You're working it hard these days }( Amazing job.

Teddygirl - I hope your exams went well today!!!! I'm thinking about you....

I know I've mentioned before that we got snow about a month ago. Well, winter's about to get even more serious. It's supposed to start snowing today, and continue non-stop until at least Saturday. The temperature is dropping tonight from our current hovering-around-freezing mark, to -20C (-4F) as the *high* on Friday. It's at times like this that I want to live on hot chocolate and chocolate-covered biscuits. This could be a tough week! I think I'll fill a thermos of herbal tea to drink throughout the day. And of course, hot soups for lunch.

Have a good evening,
Sandra

Hi Amy,

We posted at the same time, I guess. The banana pudding sounds delicious!!! I'm sorry your demon came to visit last night :( . It seems to happen to most people from time to time. And it's odd how creative that demon can be. If those demons put out a cookbook, there'd be some very interesting concoctions....

Buy a frozen pie shell, cook it, let cool, and plop that banana pudding right inside. Ta da! Garnish with some whipped cream if desired. I love cake, but I also adore a good pie :)

Cheers,
Sandra

Sanda - Re: Heavyhands - hum how to describe? They are light weights that you put your hands through (kind of like a handle) and grip it. They are usually pretty light; I think between 1-5 pounds. I got them so many years ago whey they were all the rage. Don't hear about them so much any more, but for some reason I hung onto mine through oh so many moves. Glad I did now. Anyway, I found them useful for Kickboxing because it just adds a bit more resistence without feeling oppressive.

BTW, I gave into some banana chips and one small chocolate covered prezel from the office gift basket. I suppose it could have been worse.

Buffy

WOW - thanks for the update, Traci, I love it when they tweak it and we get new handouts, etc. Makes it a little more 'fresh' ;-)

I had a 4 pound loss today at WI :7 :7 YIPPEE.....

Gotta go, be back later if I can.

Marcia.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.