WeightWatchers 11/19 SUNDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning to all- Amy must be a very busy Nurse this am...
Had great Wt & Lite Cardio Workouts yesterday.... Today is YOGA & Abs ... Cant believe I'm saying this but I am going to give YOGA a whirl again. I keep reading on the P90 post about so many disliking it until week 4 or 5 so I'm going to stick w/ it. I will also try NOT to be so perfect in the poses as the pain/strain is really past my comfort zone... I'll try and think of it as stretching for right now... I like long stretches. Gotta get the lawns mowed as well today....

Sandra: Thanks for the w/o breakdown... took alot of time & its appreciated. LOL yesterdays post: 1. Anihilate lost pounds...So thats why I yo-yo! *note to self* 2. CRACKED ME UP on testing fixed oven w/ cake! ROFL... I so love cake as well... any and all kinds. When I was my skinniest (moons & moons ago & my single days) I use to throw the dog in the car at midnite, go to a store and buy a big cake, sit on couch and eat it. The difference? I used to eat some and then walk the rest to the trash dumpster! The binge was about a half cake but it only hit ttom. Never gained a pound! LOLOL sometimes just getting married can change 1 or 2 rituals enough that the pounds pack on.
Happy you got your swim in yesteday... Sounded like you were feeling a bit blue...sorry if I mis-read that. I guess I just related... Fitness feels good to me but it sometimes feels like the only thing really happening in my life as well. I guess my volunteer work has been slow of late and spending way too much time alone w/ DH having his new office and hunting etc... I fear I am becoming a bit of a recluse. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I understand those feelings and its good to recognize them so we dont get caught in a web of sorts. Thanks for sharing!
Have a great morning all!

Good morning, Traci and all that follow:

Today is my DS's 10th birthday! We are having a busy weekend with parties and work, etc. Whew..... He has all next week off of school, so I'm taking Tuesday off, too, to rejuvenate. ;-)

I'm with you, Traci, I'm not much for yoga because I'm always straining to see the TV because I don't know the moves and then I miss them or don't have as much time to enjoy them. We'll get it someday! ;)

I did good all week, but last night I really lost it. I'm SURE I used up all Flex points, but I guess I should just be happy that I still had all the of them. Now, today I'll have to be good. ;-) I haven't had birthday cake so that's good.

I'll try to get back later, but it's a crazy one today!

Marcia.

Good Morning!

Traci, you and I have the identical workout planned for today. I haven't done P90X yoga yet. Not sure which ab workout I'll do. Maybe B&G.

Yesterday I did P90X legs and back in the morning and Cardio Coach #6 (Candace) in the evening. My glutes are really talking to me. I've noticed that with that workout I feel it more in the glutes and not so much in the thighs. I like that because I don't really like to build up my thighs too much.

Well, since I had plenty of AP's I managed to get through the lasagne dinner and only used 2 flexies. Not too shabby. I even have 13 flexies left (but I won't use them). Feeling good about that.

Have a great OP day.

Buffy

Sorry, gang, I got floated to the Oncology floor and had 5 patients (2.5 times my norm!;-) )!!! It wasn't bad, just busy and steady. My eating was a catch as catch can as well, but I guess that will have to do for now! I was just thankful that I got along great with the other nurse who was working as well as the aide. I found that I have a lot in common with the other nurse in my approach to nursing care....get the patient taken care of, worry about the paperwork later! It was tough for me because I tend to think "outside the box" to get the job done as is best for the patient and both the nurses I picked up the patients from were "in the box" and heaven forbid you do something that's not verbatim from the doctors!x( x( x( Good thing.....my float is done for now and the other nurse I worked with said that she enjoyed working with me so much that she wants to pick up extra shifts in the ICU!

Buffy- Great job on the lasagne...that's always my downfall, especially if it's got TONS of cheese!!!

Last night was a 3.5 mile run that felt really good. I haven't run in a while and it was so very nice out (upper 60's). Good calorie burn as well....669, but I didn't feel like I was pushing it at all!

Traci- I am glad that you are not giving up yet on yoga...I have yet to even try it in order to give up on it!!! Mantra of the day: "Just a long stretch, just a long stretch, just a long stretch. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:7 Also Cathe actually does some yoga poses in some of her stretch sessions, so it's not like you're completely without experience! Good luck!

I wish that I could personalize more, but I got home late and I didn't sleep well yesterday at all. I have one more night of work, so I had better hit the hay. I will try to check in later, ya'll!!

ETA- Happy Birthday to DS Schultz!!!!!

Hi girls!

Been a while since I checked in, so I thought I would try and catch up...

I'm having a harder time following the nutritionist's advice than I thought I would. I think I really do have a mental block against counting calories, so I've tried to focus instead on getting the "right amounts" of the food groups that she recommended. The only problem is, I feel like I'm flying blindly most of the time with my total caloric intake, since the main problem she saw with my eating habits to begin with was that I wasn't getting enough calories in. I think I am going to at least keep track of my points the WW way--it's just so much more instinctual for me--but take care to make sure I'm getting my veggies and fruits and keeping my proteins to a reasonable level (oh how I do love my meats ;)). As frustrated as I've been with the WW points system of late, I still do really love the ease of tracking my eating that way. I guess I'll just have to adjust it to work for me!

I'll probably up my (base) points to 22 a day and see how I feel on that and, more importantly, if I'm getting enough of each food group on that points level. If not, I'll up it to 24 and see if that improves. I'm still hovering between 130 and 132--basically, I keep losing and gaining the same 2 pounds--so I don't feel as if I'm getting a net loss yet LOL. I think I'm just fluctuating in water!

Oh well. If my size isn't changing, then that's a good sign. I'll just have to get back to basics with eating more nutritious food and everything will fall into place :).

Jennifer

Hi, everyone!

Traci, can't wait to hear how you fared with the yoga - good for you for giving it a fair shot.

Amy, sounds like you're having an interesting day!

Jennifer, it sounds like you've arrived at good conclusions about your nutritionist's advice. We all look forward to hearing how it comes out.

This morning I did 35 minutes of Cardio Fusion - loved it! - and then a couple of short sets from Gym Style triceps and chest. My least favorite parts to work, but felt like I should balance out the back, shoulders and biceps from yesterday's long set.

I may do a little more later. Off to church for now.

Have I mentioned how much I love the Cathe workouts? They are so much fun, and I love what I'm seeing in just 2 weeks time. Real improvements in bodyfat and appearance, even though I haven't dropped any more weight for the past two weeks. Actually, I guess I have dropped at least a little since the bf% has gone down. Hurray!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Cheryl

Hi gang- Hope everyones Sunday was terrific!

Got thru 92 minutes of YOGAX... Had to lol. The first time I did it I quit at 45 minutes... Well GUESS WHAT.. after the first 47 minutes its all balance moves & stretching...the stuff I love!!!!! SILLY ME
I still am not IN LOVE w/ the first 45 minutes but I do see the long term benefit so will continue to do as in rotation.
I also did Ab Ripper X but because most of those moves are so hard on my lower back I really dont feel my modifications are cutting it. Starting Tuesday I will go back to 20 minutes of varioud Ab Hits like I was doing before when I was getting that tummy pretty darn cut! I was doing (and will go back to) Ab Hits 20 minutes 3x a week. Day 1: All Obliques
Day 2: All Crunches & Planks
Day 3: All Lower Abs
Maybe I can get my back stronger by doing that again for awhile & will someday be able to Ab Ripper X it w/ out modifications.

Have to make the dreaded announcement.... I am on computer because DH is "handling" bambi... now I simply cannot be a hypocrit here as we do eat for a year on 1 deer and last year we didnt have one and my grocery bill was sky high.... We have it processed w/ lean pork and I replace all red meat for the year with it.... I guess its just like my eggs, chicken, pork etc... I eat it but I dont need to "see it" first. Anyway... hope I didnt offend anyone with all that.

MARCIA: Happy 10th to DS! How fun for all of you. Great OP last week as well

BUFFY: How was it today??? GREAT w/o yesterday girl! Hooray on results from Lasagna dinner... you're focused! 13 leftover flexies? Oh my that just seems like so much left over... I'd be knawing off my arms and toes

AMY: Glad you found someone great to work w/ last night! Hope you got good zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's! LOL LOOOOOOOOONG STREEEEEEEEEETCH! You my funny friend!

JENNIFER: Tracking calories is really a breeze at Sparkspeople.com...just ask Amy:7 I know its tough to do both but the way I look at it is that the "real world" talk calories... unless I want to be converting Cal/F/F all my life I gotta get w/ the cal program. Just a thought as it seems you are still stressing a bit over it. Also your nutritionist probably doesnt talk points...:+

CHERYL: GREAT workout once again! I really like shorter cardio w/ wts than mega cardio now. Took a bit to get used to but I am much stronger because of it. Your results from Cathes new stuff sounds AMAZING! What do you think is so different w/ this set than what you were doing w/ her before? Is it because its not 100% step focused? I know thats one of the reasons my body is responding to P90X Cardios -Just curious what you think your body likes about this series....

Have a great evening all-talk to you in the AM

Traci -

For a long time (about 2 years) I wasn't getting in much of any workouts other than distance running. I tried to get to the gym for power pump classes, but rarely made it and the few times I did, it would make me so sore I couldn't run for 2-3 days afterwards, so I pretty much gave up.

And I had a thryoid/adrenal fatigue situation building up over time to the point that my running turned out to have only been pounding on a weakened system and making it worse. So I was getting gradually more fatigued until all I could manage was to run badly 2-3 times a week and that was it.

Then I got to a doctor specializing in bio-identical hormones who identified the thyroid-adrenal-hormone problem. My testosterone level was 1.2. My thyroid was at 325 (450 would have been normal). The doctor told me he was surprised I was able to get off the bed in the morning.

So I got on some good natural prescriptions, have been eating much better (had to quit Diet Coke cold turkey and am eating far more veg. and fruit and far fewer animal products of these days)

Then my workout friends on the YaYa board got me into Debbie Siebers Slim in 6 and Slim Series workouts this spring. The first time I attempted Ramp It Up I couldn't complete it and was sore for 2 days. But I kept at in and gradually got to the point I was in love with the Slim Series up until this Fall. Then I started to get into Cathe's, and whoa boy!

Once I had a healthy foundation and the ability to exercise at at least an intermediate level, Cathe's became perfect for me. I saw the most immediate gains from the circuit workouts like Boot Camp, where you're doing everyting all out, but switching activities every 1-2 minutes - by doing that I was able to up the intensity and effort but still make it through the one hour.

Now I'm even able to run speed intervals on the treadmill again - something I haven't been able to accomplish in 2 years.

So I'm off and flying!! I just wish I could eat perfectly clean.. but I'm trying to get better on that end as well.

Sorry for a long answer!!! but I really enjoy trading input and ideas with all of you.

Have a great Sunday night, everyone!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.