Weightloss Challenge Now thru dec 31st - Sept 14th

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Hey, Ladies. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts for my mom, me and our family. She's doing well. Should be out of ICU and into the intermediate ICU today.

I guess I'll start planning my next half when I return. I hate that DH will be running alone tomorrow. I know he will represent us well.

Where yall at today?

Hi everyone.

Shereta - really glad to hear that your mom is getting out of ICU. That's a good sign. I'm really sorry about missing your half tomorrow - but I know you'll get back to training when you can and do the half another time. Maybe once you get home you can schedule your own personal half marathon & have a little celebration for yourself!

This morning was a 10K (6.5 mile) run, then I did Gym Styles chest & triceps. I'm feeling really hungry today and trying to stick to healthy snacks. Just munching on carrots & salsa right now.

I'm going to try to mix up my menu this week and try a couple new recipes just to keep myself from getting bored. Thinking of making hot & sour soup... I'll let you all know how it turns out!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Its Sunday - and awfully quiet on our weightloss check-in! How's everyone doing?

This morning was a 13 mile run - feeling good about my half marathon next weekend (which is 13 miles). The best part was that my hubby joined me for the first 30 minutes of the run. He's just started, so I'm excited that we went out together.

Take care girls.

Hey Melanie.

You're right. It is quiet here. But, it just be like that sometimes.

I am back home. I've had so many experiences this past, I can hardly believe it. My mom is recovering very well.

I missed my half marathon yesterday. DH finished in 2:33. That was around my goal. I will press forward nevertheless.

Great job on your run today, Melanie. I know my DH loves us running together.

This week, I will do 4DS in it's entirety to bless myself. I miss Cathe's workouts so much. I do plan a run on Saturday though.

Great news about your mom Shereta. It must feel good to be home. Now you have to search for another half marathon soon, you've trained so hard this summer. Great time set by your DH, now you have a time to try and beat. ; )

We logged another 100 on the bike this weekend and work is back to full swing. I can feel the fatigue tonight. Need to be careful of the overtraining signs. Eating has been willy-nilly due to this crazy schedule. A day of regrouping should be coming sometime soon.

Good luck on your half marathon this weekend Melanie. Seems like the perfect time of year to be racing in.

CTX this week, as is, and no add ons. I haven't done this rotation in years. Love the cardio portions of these workouts, really looking forward to it.

My mom starts radiation for the first time tomorrow. This starts the last phase of her cancer treatments. They should all be done before the holidays start. Woot! Woot!

I hope you all have a great week. : )

Good morning everyone,

Glad to hear you're back at home Shereta and that your mom is out of the woods. What a huge relief for you. And congrats to your hubby on the half marathon! Are there any other half marathons in your area that you can do this fall?

Tina - congrats on your huge cycling weekend - you must really love it. What are the over-training signs for you when you cycle too much? Is it just fatigue, or do certain muscles get overly sore?

For myself, I just get super tired and for a day can't even think about exercising. Also my left foot starts to hurt.

So this week I plan on being really careful with my workouts - no high impact. I have to have a pain-free left foot for the half marathon on Sunday. I notice that at around mile 11, my left foot starts to get sore. I really have to be conscious of stretching properly and strengthening my ankles/achilles tendon.

Last night I completely indulged. We ordered bbq chicken and fries and I enjoyed every last one of those fries! I don't feel too guilty about it though, cause I can't remember the last time I had fries.

Plus I bought a huge package of sesame seeds by mistake (was tired at the grocery store and thought it was quinoa!!!). So I made sesame seed snaps yesterday and had a few too many of those.

Oh well, today I'm back on track and determined to get with the program again. THis morning I had a yummy omelette with salsa, fried cabbage and half an avocado. Hopefully it keeps me full this morning.

Have a great morning girls!

Today's workout was 4DS, HIS. It felt so good to work out with Cathe and the crew.

I'm not really bummed about missing my half. I trust God with it all.

My mom continues to improve. The remaining tubes came out today and she should be home on Wednesday. Thanks for all your support.

Tina, you might an extra day of rest. 100 miles of anything aint no joke. I'll be praying for your mom's radiation treatments. And Im sure you'll enjoy CTX. I've heard great things about it.

Melanie, I hope you find a solution for that foot during a run. Are you taking a rest day before a long run? You might need two rests days so your feet are fresh....

Good Morning.

Today's workout was 4DR Drills, Biceps and Triceps. I love this series.

And I realized what my weight problem is. I eat too much after dinner. So, now I must get busy after dinner so I don't munch.

Good morning

This morning was KickMax. I thought I should get in some extra leg conditioning before the half on Sunday.

Shereta - yes, I think I should rest on Saturday and not strain my foot. Good suggestion. Sometimes I push myself without thinking then end up regretting it.

Really glad to hear about your mom - it must be such a relief for you.

How are Gina and Sue?

Tina - how are you feeling after your cycling mania weekend? What do you eat to keep yourself fueled on those long cycling weekends?

I went into a store called the Running Room yesterday to buy myself a jacket for running in the rain. Anyways, they were encouraging me to try training for a full marathon. The girl said that the great thing about running marathons, is you can eat whatever you want.

You know, I don't think that's true for me. I can't eat whatever I want and achieve the results I'm looking for. Sure, you can probably eat whatever you want and still look "skinny", but would you really be healthy?

Melanie, that thing about eating whatever you want cause you workout it's why I'm overweight right now. What a trap.

I agree with both of you. There's a paradox between overeating and overtraining. When we ride long miles and the workout manager says we burned over 4000 calories, I get this notion that nothing is off limits. This is the constant battle I deal with. I'm coming to understand that for me, it's not the amount of calories I'm consuming that is the problem, it's the unbalanced meals I'm taking in. I need to stop counting just calories and go back to balanced meals and stop the constant grazing. Some of this, I know, is from the inner caveman stocking up for winter phase.

Melanie, you asked about fuel for long rides. I always have an apple and coffee before we leave, then when we get back we have a family breakfast of eggs, toast and Ovaltine and some sort of fruit. In the summer, when the weather is really hot, we use a recovery drink called Enderox R4. This stuff is amazing, it really sticks with you after a long workout but loaded with calories and carbs. You mix it with water and the chocolate flavor tastes just like a YooHoo. :p

I'm trying to squeeze in all of CTX so I can have my day of rest, so yesterday I sandwiched Leaner Legs and Power Circuits together. My legs were on fire, but no DOMS today. Today is All Step/Shoulders.

Shereta, I hope you're mom is doing and well and back at home. : )

Moma should be home today. thanks for asking!

Today's workout was 4DS Kickbox only. Will have to squeeze legs and core in tomorrow.

Weight is climbing. PMS is on the way. Arrghhhhhhh!!

Oh wow, I guess I haven't checked in on the new thread yet! I usually read the forums from my tablet and I don't really enjoy typing on that. So I'm on laptop now and it's a breeze :) Last week I moved the weight portion to the beginning of the workouts and followed w/ cardio. It worked great everyday except kickbox, which I did really late in the day - after dinner - that might have contributed to my discomfort. I'm now on the 3rd week of 4DS rotation, HIS + chest/back yesterday and will do kickbox + legs/core today.

I'm back on the no sugar kick for Sun-Fri, the only exception is I'm allowing myself an evening cocktail if I want it. Saturdays I can (and do) have anything I want, no guilt allowed. Just enough of a break in the perceived deprivation.

I'm not seeing any movement on the scale but on visual inspection my oblique areas are looking a little tighter and I can feel some baby triceps forming (perhaps for the 1st time in my life!).

Enough about me...

Shereta - I'm so happy that your mom is recovering and will be leaving the hospital. That must be a weight off your worries! Think how extra prepared you'll be for the next race :)

Melanie - did you make that hot & sour soup? I love avocados but have never put it in an omlet, do you add it in like any other ingredient or does it need to be handled special? Congrats on your long run - I can't remember if you've run on the race route or not? As for eating anything you want, people tend to think what works for them will work for anyone. It's just not true!

Tina - I didn't know you have a cancer scare in the family. I really hope your mom's treatment squashes that disease. I'll be praying for you & your mom & the medical personnel.

You all are rocking the workouts, keep it going!

Hi Sue - good to hear from you again! I'm doing 4 weeks of 4DS starting next week, so I think that's a great idea to mix things up by putting the weight segment ahead of cardio. I might do two weeks the standard way, and two weeks weights first.

You had such success in August when you cut out sugar, so I'm sure it'll help you again this time. You seem to have a really balanced approach to it - allowing yourself a few things so you don't feel deprived.

I know myself sometimes I get so strict, and then one day when I'm PMSing, I'll want to eat everything in sight.

On the avocadoes in omelettes - I add it after everything is cooked.

I also haven't made the hot & sour soup yet - I keep meaning to, but haven't had the chance yet.

My half-marathon is on Sunday morning - supposed to be cold & rainy, but I don't care!! I booked myself a massage afterwards at a spa. I had been thinking of all the food I would reward myself with, but decided that's the wrong approach to a reward.

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Hi Sue, we missed you! Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait for this to me over from my mom. Looking forward to Christmas this year.

I just jumped in quick for a product recommendation. A friend brought by Cedar's spinach and artichoke hummus last night. This stuff is incredible. I love any hummus in general, but this stuff is awesome. Great with cucumbers and tortilla strips.

No workout today. Got to bed too late and I feel like a zomby right now. I tried to get up and workout, but my body needs more rest. I know I should stick to thursdays as a rest day. It just makes sense, but my mind wants to pick another day. Well, I think my body is winning. Theres just no way to push past sleep deprivation sometimes.

More later.....

Hi all! I just got done w low impact step + shoulders/calves/core. Tomorrow is boot camp then next week starts w slow & heavy legs. I've never done that one before, had to download it for this rotation. not sure how heavy I can go since I work out alone and don't want to want to get stuck under a barbell.

Melanie - I can be good w my eating when I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. If I were to try a "never again" approach I'm sure things would turn out not great for me :)

Shereta - good job listening to your body and skipping the workout.

Tina I looked up the hummus recommendation, looks like it would have to be shipped overnight from their website. I'll look for it in the grocery store instead.

Have a good night :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.