!!!!!!!!!Weightloss Challenge for Nov

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Hey, Ladies. Time for a new thread.

No workout today. Friday's my rest day. My weight is down .5 lbs. So, yeah for that. My cravings for sweets are almost all gone. Now, I can have one or two little things whenever I want and it's not a windfall to consume the whole bag. I've had cravings lilke that for 18 years. I really think it's related to artificial sweetner that I've been using in in morning. Since starting paleo, I've stopping cream and artificial sweetner and I don't even have sugar lows throughout the day. I love that.

From Fembot today, 11/2/12--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was STS M1D11 and 40/20. I ended up taking yesterday off and just did a 2 mile walk. Tomorrow and Sunday are hopefully ride days. I need 582 more miles to make my 3000 mile goal by the end of the year. All the extra kickboxing ate into bike time this summer.

Melanie, I'm with Sue and Shereta. I think you should change your activity level a few notches. You're always doing extra workouts. 1200 calories would put me in cranky town!

Sue, how did you like STS legs? I love the bonus sections at the end. I continue to add the bonus sections in meso 2 and 3 legs too. I can't wait for you to try plyo legs, it's a blast!

This week is cardio and I just rec'd notice that Susan Chung's Rapid Fire 3 kickboxing workout should be here on Monday. Talk about perfect timing, I love getting new material!

I hope you all have a great weekend. : )

I was overconfident going into D3 legs, I previewed it and it didn't look too tough. Those balls/walls will take some practice, also the lunge + leg extension. I actually continued on with the bonus section (I've done turbo barre, how hard could it be?), owwwwie!

I watched a dr oz episode from earlier this week, he had the guy from extreme weightloss makeover. He was talking about carb cycling, of course he has a book, I might buy it.

Shereta I've heard paleo is hard to maintain because of all the meal prep. kudos to you for doing your best at it. Have a nice trail run tomorrow, is it w hubby or solo? I envy your lack of cravings :)

Melanie Shereta's right, figure out your actual daily calorie expenditure and subtract 500 to get a 1lb/week weight loss. So it's important to get a good idea of how much you're burning each day. I've read people on the forums compare the workout manager estimates to their heart rate monitor results and say the workout manager reports too many calories burned.

Tina I can't believe you did STS and hiit on the same day! Do you think you'll make your 3000 miles? Have fun on your rides & with your new kickboxing vids :)

Have a good weekend! I'll be doing cardio & yoga :)

Hey, Yall. Happy Saturday. DH is a little sick so we didnt run. (I secretly didnt want to go today anyway. I've been having a craving for BodyMax2.) teehee.

So, I did BodyMax 2 in its entirety. I had a small protein drink before and a gel during. And got into the 3rd session before I lowered my step to 6in. Good, Good workout.

Some how I've lost 2.5 pounds this week. New alltime low for the year. woohoo.l

Nice bike ride this morning. I'm not even going to try and even out my miles this year. I'm really happy with what I accomplished and feel that all the cross training is more beneficial than reaching some milage goal. DH will have 5000 miles in by the end of the year, so I had a momentary thought that I had to have at least half that. I'm over it now. : )

Sue, on the wall squats with the weights, I cheat and put a 4 inch step right behind my feet and put my weights on top. My knees were snapping when I squated down to grab the weights. The 4 inch cheat really helps. You could even bump it up to 6 or 8 inches until you build up to it. Congratulations on finishing your first week!! I'm still noticing improvements on my third run through the program.

Shereta, congrats on the weight loss! I LOVE BM2, have you tried the boot camp premix? It's one of my favorites.

Hey, Yall. Today I did Cross Fire in its entirety. Wow. I burned 935 calories per my HR monitor. I took a gel about 30 minutes into it. I felt so strong until 45 in. I was so impressed with myself. I can feel my endurance returning!

Yesterday was walk/run, my time to go 3 miles has been decreasing steadily over the last couple weeks. I have glute & hamstring DOMS from Friday's STS. I'm torn between taking a rest day (I've just worked out 6 days in a row) or doing another walk/run. I don't feel the need for rest and I tend toward the "lazy" side so maybe I should wait until I feel the need to rest?

Shereta - congrats on the weight loss!!! I hope your hubby's feeling better. You're rocking those workouts! Good job on refueling when you need it, I think I'm going to look into gels, do you get them at a specialty store?

Tina - Thanks so much for the hints on making STS go smoother! I'm going to try the step/ball/wall/weights thing. I did have trouble grabbing the weights from the floor which threw off my balance. You should be proud of the 2400+ miles you've cycled this year! That in addition to how many rounds of STS & all the kickboxing and other workouts?

Hi to Melanie, I hope you're having a good weekend!

Sue, I got them from Sports authority. but they should be in any sporting goods store.

Also, TAKE A REST DAY. You need it. Trust me.

Hi girls - sorry I've been MIA for the past couple of days!!

But I really appreciate ALL your input about my calories/TDEE etc! You girls really are an awesome support system!

I felt that 1200 was too low, so I'm going to bump it up. I've visited several sites with TDEE calculators and think that the most accurate TDEE calculation puts me at a TDEE of 2217. So if I take off 20%, that puts me at a minimum of 1774 calories/day. That sounds more reasonable...

Here's a link to the calculator I used: IIFYM.com - The Official IIFYM Diet website

Shereta - congrats on getting through BM2! That is such an awesome workout, and I think one of Cathe's longest. And a big congrats on the 2.5 pounds down!!! WOO to the HOO!!! I'm sure you feel fantastic. Hey - are you still aiming for the 10K race on Thanksgiving?

Sue - I remember STS legs at first being really tough, especially those wall squats. It seems like such an easy move!! Just wait until you get to those one-legged sit & stands. I can't remember exactly what they're called, but they are tough (at least for me). I was never able to get above 7 pounds on that move.

Anyways, I'm at work right now so I can't finish my post, but I'll write more later.

:) Thanks to you girls for being so awesome!!!

Hey, Ladies. No actua workout today. Again, tooooooo busy. But, my energy is so high cause I plan to do another long one tomorrow. Maybe Drill Max. Havent done that one in so long.

Yes, Melanie. We are planning to run the GobbleJog in Marietta, GA. Im wearing my shirt 2 years ago. mmmmmmhhhhhhh feels good. Yea, 1700 sounds good to me too. But, since I've gotten off the Crack cocaine (artificial sweetners) I haven't been counting calories or anything. I've just been eating good food and I'm feeling so good when I wake up. Love that part.

Can i get in on this? I need to lose a few by years end. Also don't need to gain anymore. Just off a knee injury and will be working my way back into it. Will be doing barre/walking and the low impact series working my way back up so I can be ready for X train.

Gonna carb cycle and do a gallon of water a day. Any other tips?

Hi all! Yesterday was a walk/run, i took your advice Shereta and took a rest today. So Tues-Thurs will be D4, D6, D5, also with run/walks, then a rest day on Friday then my race on Saturday!

Melanie I checked out that site - I like the calculator and it's the easiest to understand that I've ever come across. I wonder if those gadgets like fitbit, etc, do an accurate job of calculating your TDEE? it would be nice if there was voice feedback, "stop eating now if you want to lose weight!" or "put down the cupcake!" I'm pretty sure sit/stands are coming up this week, I will just be trying to do my best :)

Shereta I'm so happy you're feeling great! When you've got energy & enthusiasm everything comes a little easier. kudos to you for taking control of that sweetener habit!

phatgyrl, what's your name? I'll be interested to hear about your carb cycling. What's up w the gallon of water / day - is that supposed to help w weight loss? How did you hurt your knee, are you cleared for exercise?

Tina what did you do today?

I'm echoing Melanie - you all are a great support group! I'm glad I've "met" you :)

Welcome aboard Phatgyrl2! : )

Sue, love your new profile pic! I love the idea of a talking Fitbit. Maybe if it just started mooing or oinking when stress eating kicks in. ; ) How many miles is your race on Sunday?

Melanie, your new TDEE calculation sounds much better. MFP has me at 1510. I'm going to check out the site you listed later, see if it agrees.

Yesterday I tried Susan Chung's new kickboxing workout in the morning. It's a solid workout, but I wouldn't list it as advanced. It starts out with 30ish minutes of cardio kickboxing, then five-ish minutes of Tabata, followed by a short upper body weights and abs section. I'll have to try it a few more times before I decide if I like it or not. I didn't feel totally worked out, so last night I did KPC right before dinner. I'm thinking of dusting off an Imax this morning, maybe number one. Then I'm grabbing my mom to vote, we'll cancel each other out. : )

The Workout Manager has my total miles for this year much higher than what I added up on my calculator. I'm going with the WM total!!

Hello Ladies. I didn't eat very well yesterday and it showed up in my workout and the scale. Will flush out the salt today for sure. To the Max kicked my bootay! But, I did burn 856 calories in57 minutes. Man, I love my HR monitor. Busy day.

November's going to be a great month. We must make serious progress within the next 6 weeks to keep holiday eating binges at bay. What are your plans to minimize the damage during the holiday season? My ideas are
* to keep workouts on point,
* enjoy holiday food for two days only (the day I cook and the day after)
* giving away enough food so I only have enough for two days
* eat more salads and healthy vegetables
* drink plenty of water and no sugared or flavored drinks

This has worked for me in the past. I must remember to pass on junk sweets at work and re-gift food gifts within a day or simply toss them. The person will never know and I will save myself junk food hangovers and guilt. I cook good holiday food and I will enjoy them more if I know that's all I will indulge in,

So, everyone needs to be making a plan now so we'll have success later. Ya feeln me?

Hi everyone,

Welcome Phatgirl - your carb cycling thing sounds interesting - care to share your strategy?

Sue - love your picture! Nice to put a face to the name after all these months. And I love your idea of the talking fitbit - that is exactly what I need!!! Cause the voice in my head tells me "its ok, you can just do an extra workout..." I LOVE Tina's idea of the mooing/oinking fitbit - HILARIOUS!!! That is exactly what I need. :)

Sue are you doing the Warrior Dash on Saturday? We'll be cheering you on in cyber space!

Tina - how many miles does the WM tell you you've done this year? Let me know about your TDEE calculation from that other site.

Shereta - What did you used to have artificial sweeteners in? Would you count stevia as an artificial sweetener? I think its awesome that you're feeling good with eating healthy and not feeling the need to count calories.

I agree that we need a good strategy for the holidays. I think all your ideas are good - I would add watching our sodium intake, and making sure we get enough sleep. I cannot resist carbs when I'm tired.

Oh yeah, today was Athletic Step for me. I did it on an 8-inch step and lengthened the workout to 50 minutes by re-doing the portion where you put all the segments together plus the little blast at the end. I burned 500 calories (I think...) I use my Garmin 305 to keep track of my heartrate, then use this site: Heart Rate Based Calorie Burn Calculator
to figure out how many calories I burned. Hopefully its accurate. I don't go by what the Workout Manager tells me anymore.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Hey Shereta - what heart rate monitor are you using? Can you download your workouts onto your computer?

Today was D4, ch/sh/bi, I will be going out for a jog shortly. Most of my pushups were modified but I did better on the balance ball ones. My 1RM calcs were way off on a handful of exercises, I must have been rocking the muscles when I took those. Low energy day for me, will be putting myself to bed early tonight.

Tina, funny about canceling out your mom's vote! My mother has never discussed who she votes for president, and I honestly don't know who she might vote for. Ever since 2000 I dread election night, no guarantee that it will actually be over. Good on you for adding an extra workout yesterday! Did you do IMAX today?

Shereta - nice forward thinking on the holiday eating. I'm going to have to give my plan some thought, but it will probably involve pie avoidance! Nice job on your calorie burn :)

Melanie - yes Warrior Dash on Sat. I'm starting to get nervous. Good job on your calorie burn too! You ladies with the HRMs are making me want one but I've spent too much on fitness items lately.

Phatgyrl, where are you? what's up in your world?

good night :)

Sue, I found my 1RM's were off the first time through also. It didn't take long to re-adjust the first two weeks and then increase in the recommended percentage. My 1RM's on shoulders were way off and I injured myself during the first STS round, so I'm really cautious lifting in the heavy phase on shoulders. Did you get your run in today? How far is your race this weekend?

Melanie, the calculation for TDEE came out to 2510, which would put me at 2000 to lose. After getting serious trying to drop weight last spring, it seems 1800 is where I start to see results. I wish I could be that motivated right now, but I just can't find it. WM has my miles as 2891 for the year, which adds up when I look at the total odometer miles on my bike. It looks like I'll be on the trainer from here on out, it has gotten really cold in NH.

Imax 1 this morning. No add ons or abs, it was perfect. I wish Cathe would make an Imax 4. It's like Hiit with mini combos between each one. I'm going to do Imax 3 before the end of the week, I'm enjoying the week off from lifting.

Shereta, I like your proactive holiday planning. I need to put one in place.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.