Weight Watchers TUESDAY 11/7

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Tuesday to all....Hope this morning finds all feeling better and ready for a great OP day! Posting was busy busy on our little checkin yesterday hope I didnt miss anyone last night.

Up at 2am today w/ crampsx( and body aches from workouts...VERY much looking forward to StretchX today. Other than that I have grocery shopping, laundry, drycleaning, goodwill & vacuuming on the calendar...When do women get a true rest day?

:7

Have a wonderful morning...BBL

Good morning Traci and all that follow....

Today is going to be busy. 9 hour work day, go vote, and then go to WW. Doubt I'll be back today.

Need to stay OP today, it's my rest day and weigh in day!

Have a good one!

Good morning and happy Tuesday!

Jane, good luck with your weigh in today! I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Traci, waking up at 2:30 with exercise cramps? Yikes!! :)

I stayed OP yesterday. This morning I'm feeling just a little DOMS from PUB yesterday, but not much. The good news is that my usual Tuesday 6 mile run felt better than it's felt in a LONG TIME.

Cathe is working magic for me. I have been feeling some real strength gains, but today was the first day my legs weren't feeling heavy and tired from the Cathe workouts and I was really able to feel the impact on my runs.

I'm remembering that when I was burning fat most efficiently two years ago I was running 3 quality runs a week - generally Tues/Thursday 7 mile runs at a 9 minute pace and a little longer and slower on Saturdays... I was seeing my best fatloss on those days. I just haven't felt strong enough to run like that for a very long time. (Long story -- in the custody struggle for my daughter my health went completely downhill... thyroid, adrendal and hormone problmes to the point that my attempts to run were just making me weaker and weaker). So good to be feeling better again.

I also went out and reviewed that great story on the Cathe Success Story thread of the girl who lost 35 pounds. Amazing difference! She followed the Burn The Fat/Feed the Muscle program, which is completely compatible with the WW principles...I have that book and I'm reviewing it again... (it's actually an eBook you can download from www.burnthefat.com)

Here's to a great Tuesday for everyone!!!

Cheryl

..... and one more happy note -- My new Cathe's are supposed to be delivered today. I can't wait! Happy Dance! :)

Cheryl

Oh yes, finally, election day! I am soooooooooo tired of the campaign calls!

Last night was kind of a rough one. Started out okay, fell asleep around 10pm, but was woken up this morning around 2am (running theme?) with a HUGE coughing spell that I just couldn't break. Fortunately I was able to get a lot of junk out, but unfortunately, I woke DH up (even from the opposite side of the house!:( ) He was so sweet and ran to WalMart at 0230 this morning for Nyquil as that seems to help me the best at night! Of course, he brought back a few other goodies: a sudacare shower thingy, the movie CARS, more cough syrup and a magazine. I told him that he didn't need to go out, but he insisted, so I asked for Puffs tissues (you know....a nose in need....) and that's the one thing he forgot, oh well. His heart was in the right place, and we have plenty of tissues to spare as it is!

DH has another appt today at 1100. Don't think I will go.

Jane- I hope your day goes fast! Enjoy your rest day!

Traci- Enjoy your Stretch day! Sorry for the cramps!

ETA-

Cheryl- Glad that your run went great! I will have to look into that book.

There's another book scheduled to hit the shelves today that I want to get. It's by Tosca Reno, she writes for Oxygen magazine and it's called, "Clean Eating". In it she basically lays down the principles of clean eating and how she lost 70 lbs and have kept it off for over 5 years.

Good Morning!

Traci and Jane, enjoy your well deserved rest day.

This morning I did P90X Ploymetrics. It was hard be doable. So different from Cathe workout but I really liked it alot. I like that moves change after 30 seconds to a minutes. Keeps from getting bored. I burned about 400 cals. in an hour. Gave my already sore legs and butt a good workout.

Stayed OP yesterday. I peeked at the scale this morning and it is definitely moving back down. I guess the weight gain last week was related to TTOM.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Amy -

Would you mind posting where we can get that book Clean Eating when it's available? That sounds awesome.

Thanks!
Cheryl

P.S. - the UPS tracker says my new Cathes are in OREM and are out on the delivery truck. They could arrive any time. I'm SO EXCITED!!!!
(can anyone tell???)

-Cheryl

What excitement on the board today!!!!! CHERYL: YIPPEE on UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING strength & energy gains!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for remider of BFFM... I have it all printed in a binder from LAST YEAR... think I should actually READ IT?????

Jane: GOOD LUCK W/ WI!!!!!!!!!!

Amy: ME TOO!!!!!!!b Sick of calls & ads! Your DH sounds so seeeeeeet! 230am on wally world road trip.... sweeeeet Sleep today if you can so you can knochk this bug out! Thanks for book tip....more $$$$$getting spent on Amazon.com

Buffy: YIPPEE you like PlyoX! I think you hit it head on about moves changing all the time.... its like **snaps** done, next, done, next.... That can keep me going all day long! I really hope you love all the workouts.

My 3 new Amy Bentos (kick, hiLo, circuit) will be here by Friday. 2 of my new Jari Loves have shipped.... What the heck am I going to do with all this while I have 12 weeks of P90????????

Anyway... Got voting, grocery shopping, drycleaning and laundry crossed off the list... now I'm going to do the 60 min Stretch X then shower then try and take a nap..... Will check in later gang!
Your energy has re-energized me today! You are appreciated!!!

Good morning,

Traci - "a woman's work is never done"; ain't that the truth!! Ever notice how "holidays" always mean twice as much work for the wife/mother in the household? I'm sure you're loving that DOMS }( }(

Amy - you poor dear. I really wish your cold would just high-tail it out of Dodge. Your DH appears to be very deserving of the D. I dind't know Walmarts were even open 24hours. Not here!

The check in was super busy yesterday, so I'll just do a blanket: HIGH FIVE to everyone. Your workouts are very inspiring and motivating.

Things are ridiculous around here. I mentioned my throat yesterday. Well, it's still in the same state, so I've booked a dr's appt for this afternoon. My stomach is also mildy nauseated. My nurse friend (who I phoned at 9am today and woke up, since she worked the night shift last night. Oops x() thinks it might be strep throat. However, I don't think I mentioned that last week the baby developed croupe, a serious diaper rash, and pussy eyes. Her top front teeth are also *finally* starting to come through. She's almost 14 months old, and still only has two teeth!! Anyway, her diaper rash had her screaming last evening, and again at 2:30am. Of course, the croupe has her coughing all night long, anyway. Poor thing.

The 6 year old developed a head cold and an infection in her right ear last Friday. I thought that was all well under control until she got off the bus yesterday and told me her *left* ear was now hurting. How can you get an ear infection if you're already on antibiotics?! So, she was up at 2am wanting more pain meds for the ear. It seems to be doing much better today. Hopefully this too shall pass....

And yes, DH does have a sore throat and sinus congestion, but he's smart enough not to complain to me about it....

So, we are one huge germ festival here. AND my new Cathe dvds are STILL not here! It drives me nuts to know that I'm sitting here still waiting, while Canada Post delivered them to someone else last week!!! You think that person ever plans to use them?!?! My P90X should get delivered today - but I'm feeling really doubtful that I'll actually see them. My, I'm Queen Grumpy today. I'm actually not in that bad of a mood, all things considered.

Out of respect for my delicate stomach today, I'm going to put the baby down to nap, then do an easy-ish 30 min cardio, and an ab/core workout. I'll decide when I get down there exactly what I'm going to do.

Have a good day, y'all!
Sandra

Morning everyone!
I should have read yesterday's posts BEFORE I worked out today. Cheryl got me thinking about PUB so I pulled that out this morning. Jane was right - I should have counted painting as my UB for the week - PUB was NOT a good idea the day after painting (heck, 12 hours after painting!) It was a struggle and I took longer breaks than Cathe did, but I did get through it and at the same weight levels I used before. :)

Foyer looks awesome! In case you guys have't figured it out, DH and I are do-it-yourself'ers and we always have some project or other going on. Our next goal is to wrap up all the loose ends of the projects we've started over the past year. Little things like paint a door, hang curtains, stain the fireplace that we stripped a year ago!

Day two on core and am having a little bit of trouble because of my darn sweet tooth. I did good yesterday, but today grabbed some graham crackers with some almond butter and honey :9 . OK, not horrible, but that was four FP that I could have used for something much better. oh well, I'll just have to earn more AP's.

Amy - sure I'll come over and paint - as long as you do the prep work - that's the part I hate most. Your DH sounds like a sweetheart going out in the middle of the night for you!

Traci - no, women never get a REAL rest day unless we force ourselves to do so. Then we feel guilty because of all the things that aren't getting done.

Jane - good luck at WI!

Cheryl - so glad that things are moving in the right direction now, both on the family and health side.

Buffy - ohhh, I'm getting so tempted by that P90X. DH won't tell me whether or not he'll get it for me for Xmas. I keep telling him that I may end up buying it before Xmas if he doesn't spill.

Corinne - lots of shipping notice emails went "awol" so it's possible the workouts on their way.

New WW program or enhancements? News to me - my leader hasn't mentioned anything. The only thing she did say is that they are printing new books, but they do that about once a year anyways.

OK - I must work from home today and I'm not getting much done by being here. So ta-ta for now. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good lunch time everyone!!!

Traci - Take care of yourself, I hope your cramps don't happen again! And it's true, your day doesn't sound like much rest!!! Try to relax in between everything so your body gets ready for the next P90X WO or Cathe's, hehehehe!! I hope you are enjoying all your new WOs!:)

Jane - Good luck at your weight in, and have fun voting!!! Enjoy the well deserved rest day!

Cheryl - Don't you love the feeling of hard work paying off. The scale dropping is just a minor accomplishment of exercising, but the physical and emotional benefits of exercise are amazing. And Cathe does a great job to keep us interested in exercising. I am so happy for you that your health is better!!! And I am also so excited to get the new WOs, soon soon soon!!! Hope you get yours today!

Amy - I hope you feel better soon, and that was so thoughtful of your DH to do that for you! That book you mentionned looks really interesting. If you get it, let me know how you like it!

Buffy - GLad you are enjoying the new WOs, it's nice to have a change from Cathe every once in awhile!

Lol, Traci, I just saw your new post, you have sooo many new WOs coming too you. My parents always complain about how many DVDs I have, and I always look at them and say I don't even have half of what most ppl on this forum have. They just roll their eyes at me and go on to a new subject, lol. Gotta love your parents!

My plan is to only eat 20 points (maybe a few APs if I am really hungry) and I am doing C&W, and then will be going for a walk with my mom. I also have to find time to look at the Hardcore Extreme DVD I bought from ebay. My first one skipped, and the lady replaced it right away, so I want to look at this one to make sure their is nothing wrong again.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Corinne :)

Claude - So far I'm really loving P90X. Yesterday I did chest and back and although I don't feel too much in my chest, I really feel it in my shoulders and back. Last nite I did Ab Ripper and that was good too.

Corrine - I've come to realize that I can only eat around 20-22 pts. and still lose. Also I can't use all my Flexies;( . Oh, how I wish I were one of those people that had to eat more to lose, but, sadly I'm not. On the up side, so long as I'm not PMSing I find that I do ok on 20-22 pts. Every now and then I may have to throw in a higher point day if I'm feeling extra hungry, but, my body seems to have adjusted to the lower cals.

Buffy

I'm sorry, guys, I lied to you accidentally. That book I was talking about doesn't come out on shelves until January! It's called, "The Eat-Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno. She is a columnist for Oxygen magazine and her specialty is getting fit and losing weight after 40. I think that what I was thinking of was that the new Eating Clean issue of Oxygen was coming out on shelves today. If not, then I apologize and chalk it up to the cold/drugs!;-) Oh, if you're interested, there's a 1-800 number to call to place an advance order of the book. Let me know...

Anyway, today was another Basic Step day, except today I added the warm up from LIC and the warm up from DM on. Just doing a mish-mosh of the warmups makes for a good workout! Well, for me anyway right now.

Off to shower! Then lunch and vote!

Hi, Amy -

Yes, I'm interested in the 1-800 number to pre-order The Eat-Clean Diet. Maybe I'll pick up the new issue of Oxygen, too. Thanks for the tip!

Claude - great workout - and kudos for making it all the way through PUB with your painting workout besides (heh, heh) There must be bonus points in fitness heaven for that.

More great news! With the strategy of eating at least 1/2 of my APs, in clean food, and treats on Sunday my weight is back down 1.8 lbs from the terrible WI last Saturday... as of this morning, I'm at 136.

It's going in the right directly, at least :)

Cheryl

YEA Cheryl!!!!

Here's the number...hold on, the cat is laying on the magazine....ah, here it is. 1-800-951-2259

Hi gang-
Had a wonderful StretchX + nap. Gotta say StretchX is really thorough!! Just what the Dr ordered.

Cheryl & Amy: I ordered the Eat Clean book on Amazon today... mid-late November arrival and less than 12 bucks! DEAL!!!!!

Corinne: Hi there stranger. Hope your mom is feeling better these days, I think its great you get to hang out with her... these will be some of your best memories in years to come! Hope C&W was a killer for you!

Sandra: YOU POOR THING! What a situation you have right now. I swear I dont know how you moms do it all- I am humbled. Congrats on P90X arrival....Let us know your "plan of attack"

Claude AKA Painter Chick... lololol PUB 12 hours later YOU ARE NUTS!
Your sweet tooth cave was pretty darn sensible in my book! You need to have hubby get on here and talk to us about P90X! We'll get it for you for sure...

Buffy: Its so great that you have found your perfect point range...many people struggle for years trying to find it...

Cheryl: WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 1.8 GONE already thats fabulous

Amy: How ya feeling this afternoon? Got enough Nyquil??? Would DH REALLY go out 2 ams in a row????????

Ooohhh - I think he ordered it. I gave him that promo code from the P90X coupon tread. About an hour later he came and asked me if I had any coupons or promo codes for Cathe product too.

happy023.gif
[/url]

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Yayy, Gym Mom - Merry Christmas to you!!!

Guess what? My new Cathe's are here!!! I nearly accosted the UPS man. I'm so excited. I think I'll start with BM2 tomorrow, since I couldn't start the rotation on Monday...

Yippee!! Here's to some great workouts!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.