Weight watchers TGIF 12/1

Happy Dec 1 Gang!!!!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in Houston 30 degrees...:-(
Got a big day of Holiday outings w/ girlfriend so work of PLYOX and CTX StepIntervals will just have to wait til later. I took a shower last night as I dread taking AM showers when the house is cold!!! I am such a weenie!

Official WI up a little over a pound... trying not to fret because of measurement success but ya'll know how it goes... love/hate abusive relationship w/ scale right now. Trying to focus on the every 4 weeks stats I track... those always make me feel better and I know more "telling" than even weekly. Looking at 4 weeks ago I am down in Wt & BF so I guess all is well.;-)

Buffy: RE: Ch-SH-Tri.... HOLY SMOKES..... Your phrase of hard but doable no longer applies for me on this one... Its TOTALLY different than Sh-Arms.... I felt like a wimp and did a lot of jogging in place as the crew was completing last 30 seconds of reps. I definitely see how this w/o fits into the "Muscle Confusion" concept that P90X is famous for. I feel like 3 weeks will not be nearly enough for me to master it before we change routines again.... I cannot wait to hear your take on it tho as you sound stronger than I am in the push up area.... Let me just say that my chest has never been so sore and there is ZERO weights lifted for Chest in this one. I feel like a mac truck sat on my upper body today. Enjoy the "SLACKER" feeling for the rest of recovery week... Ya gonna need it!

Wendy: Fun when you LOVE a w/o! I think this new series is my favorite music since the "BUTTERCUP" series as I call it! :7
As far as eating.... Its a joke if I talk points at this point.... I have to eat 1400-1600 a day to lose bodyfat. My bulges and pudges never started to diminish until I up'ed my clean calories ....
I also have to zig zag to keep the old bod in guess mode. On a "normal" week I eat 1400-1600-1300-1400-1600-1400-1300=10,000wk
and burn 2500-3500. If I dont workout as much I drop the 1600 days down to 1400-1500. Every 4-5 weeks I do a HIGH week of about 1600 day average just to keep body guessing.... For me its all about QUALITY of CALORIES vs actual calories tho..... This past week I stayed in my range but ate more processed and sweets... result is wt gain. At least I know when its coming tho!!!

Sandra: Happy dance it warmed up to 8 below!!!!!!!:D I feel your frustration and fatigue with eating for WT LOSS.... I just had to start focusing on measurements & BF% or I would have gone BONKERS... As far as the P90X 1800.... You'd be amazed at how well your body can process clean food! I do suggest however that you "best guess" your last 30-60 day caloric intake (pts x 50) and SLOWLY increase each week. Keep in mind as well that if you havent lifted alot in past month or so your muscles will definitely hang on to all the water/lactic acid for 2-3 weeks.... Just decide that whatever you do you'll stick with it for a few weeks once starting P90... The body changes internally first & externally second. I'm a believer at 4 weeks. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{were w/ ya}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cheryl: I didnt realize that you also looked at calories... amazing how much clean food we can eat and NEED to eat to lose isnt it? Especially important since you work out so intensely!!! Thats why you're shrinking before our eyes!!!:D

Amy: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{3#}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Unless you have consumed extra 10,000 calories this week at least you KNOW it taint fat! Sometimes its easier to look at bigger gains in perspective for me cuz I know its just some of those mystery causes and not true fat. LOVE YA & SLEEP WELL!!!!

Gotta run- If I dont get back before afternoon have a great Friday to all!

Happy Friday,

Tracie – now you know the scale is not your friend. Stay away from it :*

December 1st I tell ya, Xmas will be here before we know it! You probably read my post to Pinky on the OD forum. Well, this morning, I did Low max with add on, and for extra, I did a few inner thigh lifts (100) each leg and it was nice.

LM warm-up
LM cycle 1
squats, 20 reps, 40 lbs.
plie squats, 20 reps, 40 lbs.
LM cycle 2
squats, 20 reps, 40 lbs.
plie squats, 20 reps, 40 lbs.
LM cycle 3
leg presses, first set with 8-lb. db's, 16 reps each leg
leg presses, 2nd set with 10's, 16 reps each leg
LM cycle 4
two sets of static lunges, 20 lbs., 16 reps each leg
LM cycle 5
leg presses, first set with 8-lb. db's, 16 reps each leg
leg presses, 2nd set with 10's, 16 reps each leg
LM cycle 6
two sets of static lunges, 20 lbs., 16 reps each leg
LM cycle 7
LM cool down

Teddygirl~

Good Morning!!

I'm suppose to the P90X core synergistics today but I'm really feeling the need for a total body + cardio workout. Think I might do BodyMax2. I haven't done this one yet.

Traci - Oh boy, I have something to look forward to with P90X on Monday. I'm kind of scared now. YIKES!!!

I was really hungry last night so I dipped into some flexies. It felt good.

This morning my weight was up on the scale but bodyfat % was down. I don't know what's going with that.

BBL

Buffy

Good Morning.....We went from 60's, to freezing rain, and now it is starting to snow. What a change!!

I am going to do Low Max today. I will not be adding the leg excercises. I think Low Max will be enough!! I am going to tack on some ab work though. I have never tried the extra abs from B & G, so I will do that.

I have a question. You guys talk about clean eating. I feel I eat very clean, but I would like your opinion. This is my typical day: breakfast, 1 1/2 c. bran flakes, 1 c. of milk, 1 banana. I usually have 1 lg. apple(2 Pts.), and some of that fruit dip I posted last week. Then I have 1 WW's yogurt, my 2 tsp. of oil, and 1/2 c. of Fiber one cereal. For dinner I have 1 1/2 c. of brocoli, and something else. Egg white omelet, oatmeal pancake, chicken, something healthy. For my snack, sometimes I have a bag of Orville's Smart Pop, but usually I have a Vitalicios muffin top, with 1 c. of Blue Bunny Fudge Brownie ice cream(ff/sf), and 1 T. of SF Hot Fudge. Do you think my little ice cream sundae is slowing down my efforts?? I really do not want to give that up, I really look forward to it every day, but I also would like to get to my goal weight?? I would just like some opinions, please??
Lori

Good morning everyone! TGIF! Happy December!

Amy, big hugs on the WI adventure. It'll be okay. You know it will.

Buffy, I feel your confusion with the scale, but if your bf% is down you know it's all good. That means you gained quality muscle, and that's all good!! It'll work out.

Traci, it's amazing (or maybe not) that our calorie strategies turn out to be pretty much identical. We've both had to discover what works - heh, heh. Every once in awhile I throw in a really low day (under 1,000) as a metabolism "shocker" but it only works if it's just 1 or 2 and just an occasional thing.

Today is Drill Max. Woo hoo! I'm pushing the limits, and haven't taken a full rest day in a couple of weeks.... I'll have to take one next Friday because of a press tour (in and out of SF in a single day - a 6:30 a.m. flight - yikes!)

Cathe's December rotation looks like a good one. I will probably follow it pretty closely, but will need to add on a little more intense cardio for weightloss focus... I like that she's added more weights in for this month.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!!!
hugs,
Cheryl

Well I tried to do BM2 but had all kinds of difficulties with my cd player and then the disc freezing and not playing at all. Got through about 30 minutes of it before I got frustrated and switched to P90X Core Synergistics. That was only my schedule for today anyway.

Cheryl, I know you are right, reduced body fat is my goal. I don't always trust my scale including the body fat measuring aspect of it. So I decided to try on some pants that had previously been too tight and they all fit. So, I'm happy about that.

Enjoy your day!

Buffy

Hey all! Last night I ended up having a couple of cocktails and a quesadilla. Then I ended up not being able to sleep all night and then sleeping in this morning, so I'm all out of whack. I'm going to WW tomorrow. I was too sheepish to go today, knowing the scale bloat that would be there. Oh well, onwards and forwards!

Today the rotation says 20 min run + stretch max, so I may do a Turbo Jam or go to a yoga class. I am pretty sore in the UB from Body Max yesterday but it's not terrible, so that's good.

Lori, your diet seems really clean to me. I don't think 1 treat per day is slowing you down. I lost a lot of weight in 2002 and always had treats added in my points (like you do). As long as you stay clean most of the day, I think you're good! JMO!

Buffy, what a letdown about BM2! ('cause it's really a good workout :) )

Traci, great advice about the calories. I do agree it's quality for me, as well. I have definitely seen a huge difference when I eat my f's and v's and when I don't. I am shooting for clean most of the time, but I do get cravings for white bread, sugar, and chocolate, so it's all about the balance!

Teddygirl, awesome workout day!

Cheryl, have a great trip and enjoy your traveling day. (6:30 flight?! What time do you have to get up? GASP!)

Make it a great day everyone! I'm off to the post office to mail my Xmas cards and gifts, dry cleaners, and getting a haircut. My hair is to my bra strap; I'm getting it cut to my shoulders or chin. SHORT for me! I have had a really hard 2 months, so I'm cutting off all the "negative energy" and starting over. Plus I may lose a pound or two. :)

See ya!

Wendy

Hi everyone,

This morning I did BM2 step & circuits. Oh my, it took it all out of me! I am sooo ready for a rest day. I'm glad I swim tomorrow, then have nothing scheduled on Sunday. The scale pronounced me down 0.6 pounds this morning, from the last time I weighed myself almost 2 weeks ago. It's slow, but at least it's in the right direction.

Amy - Thank you sooo much for the PM yesterday! You are such a thoughtful person. I'll try to reply soon. All of IMAX2 and half of IMAX3 in one go?? Wow!!! You are impressive! That's very aggravating about the 3 pounds up yesterday. Frankly, I have to think that the gyro is probably very high in salt, no? I find that eating microwave popcorn, even the 100-cal-a-bag "light" versions, bring my weight up immediately due to all the sodium.

Claude! I was wondering what happened to you! Great to see you pop in!

Jane - Thank you for the info on the transcribing. I about want to scream when I lose a long email to the e-netherland.

Traci - very good advice on the sticking-with-it-for-four-weeks. Yes, I am generally very patient about expecting to see changes. I guess that's why yesterday I suddenly got so *im*patient. I feel like I've been patient for sooooo long, and I'm realizing now that all my work just hasn't taken me where I'd expected to be by now. I think I might invest in some BF calipers, if they're affordable. I did take my measurements last week, and compared them to the last time I'd taken them: Feb '06. In Feb I was 5 months post partum, and 10 pounds heavier than I am now. My bust has dropped almost 4 inches (nursing!!), my waist is down 2", my hips 1/2". I loved reading about your 30 day progress with P90X!! I can't wait to see where you're going to be by day 90!!

Teddygirl - I love what you did with LowMax today! Your lower body will be "thanking" you tomorrow! Did you ever try AquaJock's recommendation to hold a the medicine ball during the blasts? I might give that a go on Monday, as I have LM scheduled.

Buffy - I'm curious about how you liked BM2?

LoriSax - Yes, I live in Canada - the cold part, not the tropical climes of the west coast. I find the cold gets to me more as I get older, too. I can see why so many retired Canadians chose to live in Florida for the winter (we call them "Snowbirds"). Yesterday I didn't mean to imply that WW wasn't a good program. Like you, I've found that it's the only program that actually works for me in the long term. I fully support them. But after 4 years of living on Points, you get kind of tired of it, you know? Or maybe I was just tired in general. The bonus BG abs are wonderful. How many points is your sundae? If you are staying within your points range for the day, then I would hesitate to say that the sundae is a serious impediment to your weight loss. When I was in my full-swing of losing weight, I would eat a No Pudge fudge brownie with cherry-chocolate-chip frozen yogurt for dessert almost every night. I think it was about 4 points. Oh my, now I'm thinking it's time to go pick up the brownie mix and the yogurt!! Those were tasty. I'm not much help, am I?

Cheryl - I really, really like the looks of the Dec rotation, too. I won't be doing it, but I'll be printing it off for the future.

I had plans to take the kids to visit a friend this afternoon (DD1 has a PD day), but while I was in the shower at 9:30 this morning the friend phoned. DD1 answered the phone, and the message she gave me was something to the effect of, "Her plans have changed and she's coming over here at either 7:30 or 9:30, I don't remember which one." Neither time makes sense, so I'm sitting here wondering when my friend and her children are going to descend on us. Gotta love having a "helpful" 6 year old!! LOL!

Have a great day,
Sandra

I just had to share. I laid down on the couch at 11:20am for a light doze, and at 12:00 DD1 told me to wake up - it's lunch time! I opened my eyes, and she presented me with a tray of food! She'd made me 2 slices of whole wheat toast, natural peanut butter and all-fruit jam, and a cup of water with a straw. On each piece of toast she'd painted a happy face (using milk and food colouring; it's a kid's craft kind of thing). And there was a note that says, "hope you have a very grat lunch! Love Paris". Now, how sweet is that? And if you think I cared a wit about how many points of pb & j were on my toast, you're wrong LOL!

Sandra

Hi everyone!

Sandra what a fun story about your DD! Love it!

Wendy, good luck with that haircut! I did the same thing about 6 months ago - went from well below shoulders to a choppy bob that falls just below chin length. When I straighten it and make in nice and funky I love it - but most days it's a bit on the naturally bushy side. Today I pulled out the curly ponytail extension, just for fun.
Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Lori I think you can probably afford your vita brownie/ice cream treat if you're careful. Your diet sounds really clean to me. Maybe spark things up on the workout side and jig jag the calories here and there to step things up if you have to.

Well - couldn't resist sharing - today I am officially back in my smaller jeans!!!! So happy!!! Pulled on one of the usual pairs and realized it's too loose - they're all too loose - and so I'm back in my Lucky size 0 easy fits (which fit more like slim fits on my still 36" hips, but I like the cut - heh, heh)

Yippee! Needless to say, I love, love, love what the Cathe November rotation did for me! Now that I'm back in my smaller clothes, there's no going back.

Happy day! TGIF!!

Cheryl

Thanks everyone for saying my treat was ok!! It is 5 points, and I always have the points for it.

Sandra, I know you were not saying WW's was not a good program. I was only trying to reassure you. I get sick of it too. I have done it on and off for the last 10 years, but this time, this is the best I have ever done except the first time I tried it. The first time, I lost 20 lbs., got to goal, and gained it all back. This time, I decided I was going to do it right, and the meetings and oil have made all the difference. I know if I totally stick to it for 4 years like you have, I will get sick of it too. But, I have tried EVERYTHING, and this just always seems to work the best for me.

I am doing a local craft fair tomorrow, I am bringing my jewelry. One year I sold alot, one year I sold a little. Hopefully, tomorrow goes well. I like to do them even if I don't make tons of money. I always see people I haven't seen in awhile, and I like to talk!!!

My plan is to get up at 5:30 and do LIC. I have never done that in it's entirety yet. I think Cathe's Dec. rotation looks awesome too, but I won't try it until after we get home from NC the week before Christmas. I have 2 weeks left on the one I am doing now. Take care everyone, and I will talk to you tomorrow!!
Lori

I did cardio today - from C&W and then from LIC to make about an hour. I am alternating the GS series with cardio and circuits...but am considering switching to the rotation Cathe posted.

Are a lot of you doing the same rotation?

I am doing okay on my points today.

I know you were asking LoriSax about oil....but I take flax seed oil. My doctor told me too make a fruit smoothie, add that and some protein powder. It is really satisfying. I usually have it for breakfast now and sometimes after I work out. I am the hungriest in the morning. Anyway, I know taking a healthy oil (fish or flax) is one of WW healthy guidelines too.

I am having a hard time with water weight gain right now. I think it is getting better, but it isn't happening fast enough.

The weather here has been awfully cold all week.

Have a good weekend!
:)

Hey, all!

Thanks for the support. I know that 3# is quite a bit, but seeing that my "monster" got the better of me most of Thanksgiving week, and that popcorn and gyros have TONS of salt, I am actually okay with it. They're only numbers and I am finding it interesting that the increase in weight has made absolutely NO impact on how my clothes fit. I am still fitting into the GAP 12 jeans the I bought 7 yrs ago, but were never able to fit into!!! They are even loose enough to fold the waistband down in front in deference to my BB ring (that's still healing)!!

Sandra- I LOVE your lunch story. Your little one is so sweet!!! I love how kids are like that! I completely understand about the frustration factor with WW. Sometimes you just want to take a "vacation", especially after living with it for years!

Traci- I hope that you had a great shopping time! I can tell that your chest will be SCREAMING tomorrow!!

Can't remember much of anything else I read....then again, I am at work, so my attention is divided.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.