Weight Watchers for Sun Jan 13th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I am getting us started! I will catch up on personals!

Today is going to be a verg needed REST DAY!

Carrie** great job on your chest work, pull ups and abs yesterday! Nice job with the pull ups, I can’t do them! You do use a pull up bar, right?

Leonie** do the Bosu come with a workout DVD? What kind a workout do you do on the Bosu? Do you use it with Cathe’s DVD’s? Sound like you had fun!

Stacey** you got a lot done yesterday! I hope your doc. appointments went well? I am glad you enjoyed Kim Spreen's Cardio Camp? Another one that sounds like fun! Great job getting 5 workouts in this week! Feels good doesn’t it?

Cheryl, Amelia, Lori and Mary I hope you have a great day!

Belinda

Good Morning:)

Today was suppose to be a rest day b/c of the lack of sleep I knew I was going to get last night. I set my alarm to get up to workout, just in case, and whaddya know!:) Here I am. I even reset the alarm clock and got back into the bed but couldn't get back to sleep. Im gonna be soooo tired tonight!
My workout will just be a 4 mile run. Thats enough for a rest day and thats all I have time for!

Belinda** Enjoy your rest day!
BBL
Lori:)

Belinda** Can't! Have to work!;( Im at work now so there is no napping....or is there;) ? Im sure I will lounge in the chair later and catch a 15 mins nap:)

I did a 4.5 mile run on the TM today. I mixed it up with running hills or speed. It was a good workout and I sweat buckets!

I think I am going to join you guys with the BFL challenge! Having my first meal right now. Cottage cheese combo/all bran bites and water.

Good Morning girls:)

I almost check-in over on the BFL thread but I got to thinking since mostly everybody here is also thinking about doing the BFL then maybe I could just get my support here for it!You guys gave me great support with WWers(does that make since?,lol) Im starting a loose knit version of the diet today,Im going to eat protein with carbs and my veggies(everything measured,clean) every two-three hours! I will start listing my meals at the end of the day,with friday being my WI am / Free day!

Belinda-is 27grams of carbs to much for a WW tortilla? Did you enjoy your free day...and that glass of red wine:9 }( can't wait to get the book!

Lori-you jogged on your rest day? You crazy gal;-) I do hope you get in a nap at work. I read your 'Daugher help' thread and I wished I had some advice but my kids just aren't old enough for me to offer any :-(. I saw you got some good advice though! I do know that my neices act similar to your DD...everytime I go over there they are wearing there pj's(in the evening,LOL)and their mother tells me that they can get a smart mouth(not that your DD has one). Sounds like a typical 13yr old. Oh man,I dont wanna have teenagers,lol! BTW-my weight is holding steady(like always-sigh)at 194.2-so I gained two of the four pds back since coming off SBD. But i was kinda expecting to---probably just water. I can't wait to join you in your TM workouts;-)

Todays workout is going to be a circuit,not sure which one! I have to do a circuit if I want to get both of my muscle groups worked another time!

ok,bbl

Belinda** I use to eat alot of cottage cheese before I got pregnant with DS but then it turned into one of those things I couldn't even suffer down. I ended up throwing out the containers I had bought. I buy a combo, its a little bit of fruit mixed in with a serving of cottage cheese. Great source of protein! Normally I wouldn't have the all bran bites but the bit of fruit that was mixed in, wouldn't be considered a serving. I also have the BFL recipe book home. Let me know if you need any recipes. Ill probably go through it and list the ones that look yummy...that also goes for everyone!
As for the TM, I have to download some runs. Right now I am just enjoying making up my own:)

Amelia** I can see what you are sighing but atleast you didn't gain allll of the weight back:) Hopefully this program will work better for you. It helps if you plan your food intake a couple days in advance, then you have everything prepared and if you are hungry, there is always food to grab. Wraps are also great for this.
Im thinking about checking into the BFL tread and ditching the 12 week challenge tread. It would make sense.

Im thinking we should change the name of the thread...LOL Is anyone here even following WW"s anymore? Maybe we should call it "watchers of weight" instead? Cause thats what we are all doing.

hello ladies:) what a morning...my dh took both of my boys to a car show and i have the WHOLE house to myself. part of my wants to sit on my butt and watch sex and the city re runs and the other wants me to clean. today is my rest day we will see}(

belinda***yesterday was my cheat meal too and let me just say......
chicken quesidillas and 2 glasses of red wine!!!

lori, amelia, lainie, stacey, carrie and ofcourse cheryl(thank you for welcome:) ) i hope you all have a great day!!

p.s. does anyone eats amy's food?

Hi Gals-

Today's workout will be Plyometrics. I am setting my goal of burning at least, 300 cals on this one. I feel like I work my butt of on this one, and never get over 300 cal burn. I have to shovel snow first though!

Lori--I agree, let's change the name of this thread, since no one is doing the program. 'Watchers of Weight' is good, but I am open to other suggestions? What other titles would be appropriate?

Mary-what is 'Amy's food? I have all seasons of S&TC. I worshipped that show. Can't wait for the movie!

Belinda-Yes, I have a pull up bar.

Carrie

Hey girls,

Amelia** I don’t think it’s too much carbs! No, I didn’t have any red wine! We went for Chinese food last night; this was the only meal I indulged in! I did good last night!

Lori** anytime you want to post a recipe please do! I would love to have BFL recipes! Did you try any of BFL recipes? I love the protein pancakes! They are so yummy!

Mary** are you following BFL! Sounds like you on the same program! I am glad you enjoyed your free day yesterday! Two glasses of red wine?? Enoy the rest of your rest day today! Amy’s is organic?

Carrie** I found a pull up bar in our PX today! I only paid $ 9! Way to go on your workout today!

Hi to the rest of the gang!
Belinda

Hey girls,I just got through with thirty minutes of KPC:)o ;-)) and then did a full body strength training(only because Ive only worked each muscle group once this week)

Im drinking a BSN potein shake now for my second meal.

Lori-LOL,maybe we should call this thread "The Watchers Of Weight" it would make sense!

Mary-I LOVE S.A.T.C as a matter of fact im in the middle of watching the series over agian,im in season six(when carrie gets a post-it-break up with jack burger..Hilarious)

Hey to everybody else...belinda-mmmmm chinese food;-)
bbl

Heyy, everyone! I'm all for changing the name of our thread. You're right, no one is literally following the WW program anymore. I'm open to whatever you want to suggest. The Lean Ladies?

Lori, I knew you couldn't take a whole rest day! LOL!

Amelia, your plan sounds great and it sounds like what I'll do too. I hadn't picked a weigh-in day and was thinking Sat. a.m., but maybe Friday a.m. is even better. I like it.

Belinda, woo hoo on the great find of the pull up bar! I have one too. I got mine on eBay but paid more than that. Something like $30, I think.

I'm thinking about the squat rack. We'll see - but my DH isn't opposed and we even talked last night about where we might put it.

Today is an easy and lazy day. I'm late to Church (yikes!) will only make it one hour. Dinner will be roast in the crockpot with rolls, buttered noodles and salad. I'll just break up my portion of the roast over the salad with lemon juice and will skip the rolls and noodles. Woo hoo!

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Cheryl

Hi girls,

I have another recommendation “Ladies on a mission” what do you think for your thread? Inch by Inch motivation + ??
Let me know what you ladies want to do?

Amelia** I love KPC! Did you do a premix?? What full body strength training did you do? What is BSN protein shake?

Cheryl** your DH sounds like mine! My DH thinks I am nuts!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey Girls,

Just check'in in again!:) Almost 3 o'clock here which means I have 3.5 hours left to go! Getting close!
I kept myself a little occupied this afternoon but it wasn't easy. I had to run out and pick DD up so I ran into the grocery store and picked up some stuff for salads and pizzas.
Im going to make pita pizzas using ww pitas,chicken breast,peppers,pineapple,purple onions and feta cheese:) Sounds yummy doesn't it? Im going to make them and freeze them for easy access!

Belinda** Those are good options as well. When I get a chance to look through my book Ill give you some good recipes. What do you want? Breakfast? Dinner? DESSERT????

Cheryl** I hope you make it to church! hehe And I hope you stick to your planned supper.We are having chicken breast and DH is gonna make scaollped potatoes...I guess its salad for me!

Carrie** Enjoy your workout! I don't even wear my HR monitor anymore cause it always tells me nonsense...In my mind;)

Ameila** Nice workout, are you trying to show me up?

Mary** Have you seen the show Cashmere Mafia? I think its the new Sex and the City. Its only been on twice but I love it!

I AM SO HUNGRY! Had to get that out there! Ugh...starved! So far today I have has cottage cheese/all bran bites, ww english muffin,egg,2 egg whites,cheese slice...and now I am eating fruit. I guess its not alot of food considering how long I have been awake and my workout today.

BBL!

Yes, those bran bites are good, not like the commercial shows at all! LOL Keeps me regular;) I use to eat alot of them when I was following ww's.They are only 1 point per bag:)
I was watching a weightloss show yesterday and the trainer was eating this pita pizza and I thought, thats easy to make! Ill probably try making one, then freezing it, then eating it before I make a dozen and then realize they are awful when frozen.

Hi everyone. I am sooo sore from yesterday's Bosu: Long & Lean workout--particularly in the abs. A good sign, I think. Today is supposed to be a rest day, but I might work on getting down a couple combos from Amy Bento's ASC2. Then I might do some yoga or a segment of Stretch Max. I'm not as ambitious as Lori to do a 4-mile run on my rest day, though. :)

I'm so excited to finally start my 4DS rotation tomorrow! I fiddled with it so I could do LIS first and wear my Oh My Bod LIS outfit. :D

Belinda, the Bosu came with a DVD called Total Body Bosu or something like that, but it was more instructional than a great workout. There are a few Bosu workouts out there (you can go to www.collagevideo.com and search for "Bosu" in the keyword search box to see what they have. That's where I ordered Bosu: Long & Lean. So far the only Cathe DVDs I've tried with it are the high step workouts, which are pretty fun on a Bosu because of the extra bounce factor. Oh, I thought it was cute that you spelled my name "Leonie"--it must be a German name, huh? I have a friend in England (but she's German) who has a little girl named Leonie. I always joked that she named her after me since it sounds a lot like Lainie.

Lori, I actually still do WW (sort of--I'm paying for WW online but don't always follow it) but I wouldn't mind if we changed the thread name since we certainly discuss a lot of other ways to watch our weight. Maybe we could be Pound Watchers or Pound Monitors--no that one sounds too scary.

Mary, maybe you can split the day between S&TC and cleaning. Do both! Take frequent cleaning breaks to watch your reruns.

Carrie, what kind of pull up bar do you have? I was considering getting one to put in the doorway, but not sure I want to put holes in my doorframe and stuff. I guess I'd have to find a fairly unimportant unobvious doorway or something.

Amelia, way to go on the workouts today. Are you doing a rotation now?

Cheryl, your dinner sounds like a good plan. When I was a kid we had roast every Sunday after church and though it was at lunchtime it was called "Sunday Dinner." But my mom is not exactly a fabulous cook (don't tell her I said that) so we always had that really dry tough roast with lots of mushy carrots and potatoes. Ugh. I am sure yours is much better!

Hey Stacey, what are you up to today?

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey girls! Chatty Group today:) Love it!!!

so ive been eating every three hours,its something new but I can handle it! so far today i've had four meals:

Meal 1- two pcs of WW bread with two tbs of naturally more PB:9
and my usual V8 juice-two c water
Meal 2- protein shake (just the powder and water)
Meal 3- WW turkey,ham wrap with lettuce,tomatoe and pickel,2tbs low fat mayo-two cups of water
Meal 4- 1/2 ww tortilla with 1/4c of tuna(bit of mayo)and a 1/2 of a banana
Meal5-extra lean ground beef hamburger on WW bread with all the veggies it can hold;-)1 string cheese(LF)two cups of water
Meal 6-not sure yet!

I also drank an additional two-1.58 liters of water!

Belinda-Do you remember that BSN thread? Well all the enablers on their talked me into buying some BSN,chocolate pudding protein powder. Its pretty darn good too! its got 130 calories(one heaping scoop),3g fat,7carbs,20grams protien,3 sugars. I sometimes put PB in it or a 1/2 banana. I don't have the kpc dvd,I recorded it and sold the dvd }( . I just did what I could of the first thirty minutes. And I kinda did my own total body weights today,I did like three sets of ten for all the exercises and went up on weights on my squats,lunges. It was fun.

Lori-You crack me up! My workout today wasn't the norm,I almost collasp on the floor!:eek:

Cheryl-Im so excited about BFL challenge we all got going here! Im going to print Gayles success story just so I can have something to review while I wait for the book at my library. I also made up a workout schedule similar to what she did too.the whole week is going to be thirty minutes of HIIT(imax2,maybe some jogging/walking) and abbs on alternate days of upper or lower body splits(does that maked any sense,LOL).So exciting!

Lainie-Yay on the new rotation,I bet you ARE excited;-) you have been trying to start it for a while now. Im following a BFL rotation(as stated in Cheryls reply above;-))

Hey to Carrie,Stacey and Mary!I hope I didn't forget anybody!
Mary thank you for your kind words the other day;-)
bbl

Belinda** I followed BFL once before but I only lasted 2 weeks:eek: The cheat days got the best of me and I couldnt get back on track. I did shed some weight in those 2 weeks, mainly cause I was starving all the time!

Ameila** Your meals sound yummy! Good job!

Laine** Glad you are feeling well enough to start your new rotation. I guess who ever starts the thread tomorrow can make up a new name:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.