Weight Watchers HOORAY IT FRIDAY Check-In 11/17

Official WI this morning... 132.8 EXACTLY the same as ttom week:-( I am going thru my few weeks where weight stays same yet I look poofy.. For some reason its a 6 week cycle for me. I track everything so I know the patterns but can still get a little down about it. Anyway BF on Tanita says I'm down .6% to 32.2% the caliper still holding at 25%. I'm really struggling w/ losing BF the past two months...
ANYWAY: Enough of that! Today is Legs & Cardio Day so I am doing P90X Plyometrics + DrillMax #7 Cardio Leg Blast. Gotta get those 20 minutes of Abs in today since I blew them off yesterday.

Got everyones personals on yesterdays board except for our two night owls!
Cheryl: poofy pockets I know about! Just keep focused on your love of Cathe workouts and it will all come out in the long run. The scale will improve!
AMY: Cant believe another pound off after such a big drop last week! Maybe your body is liking the less intensity for a change... I think you just discovered another key for your success... Maybe a few weeks of "regular Amy intensity" followed by a week or two of less intensity? hmmmmmmmmmm
I gotta get to my ROSS more often & look for tapes... I never get past the clothes section! What exactly is THE METHOD workout? Never heard of it.

Have a great morning all- I'm off to the coffee pot and then will ponder the workout time.

Good Morning all.

Today is my day off from work so I haven't gotten my workout in yet. I'm going to do P90X KenpoX, AbRipper + B&G stability ball bonus and something else but I don't know what yet.

Last nite I ate a bit more than I wanted of chinese food. Had to dip into some flexies. But, from now until T-day I'm going to be super disiplined. Even though my friend invited me over for lasagne tomorrow. x( . I'll just have to earn some extra AP's I guess.

Have a great op day to all who follows. BBL.

Buffy

Hi, everyone!

Buffy, hope you enjoyed the Chinese food. I love it. It always has me retaining water a bit for the day after, though, so I can't do it near weigh-in. Hope that doesn't get you and scare you. Have a wonderful day!

Traci, at least the lower weight is holding even for now! Sounds like a great workout for today.

I am taking today as a rest day, I decided. I haven't had one in two weeks, so I'm due - plus I am really, really tired and my legs are feeling toasty.

Tomorrow will be my long run, and Sunday will be cardio or cardio/upper body, I think.

Yes, TGIF!!!!

I'm re-signing my biggest account today for 2007. Wish me luck!

Cheryl

Good morning ladies,

TGIF, this week flew by so fast, gee time is flying........

Last night, I did B&G what a workout, I did not have time to finish, did everything except abs ;( ;( :p

This morning, P90X shoulders arms & ab ripper. Ab ripper seem easier this morning, I guess my core is strengthen :D ;-)

Tonight, either step blast or plyo }( :p

Tomorrow, BM2 OUCH!!!:9 :9 :p

Teddygirl~

Tracie, forgot to mention, yes I did look at Amy Bento clips, very nice. I just wish I had extra bucks I would definitely get a few of her workouts. But, I’m going to have a new toy next week Jari "Ripped 1000" oooo..weee.. cant wait :p :p

Imax and Low Max are both getting easier as well. I think it had ALOT to do with Cardio Fusion, I'm serious, that is a mean monster their, CF is very challenging, kinda took me to another level as far as step cardio goes:7 I use too sweet buckles of blood while doing either of those workouts, but now I breeze though it :p x(

Teddygirl- Are you getting Ripped 1000 in the mail? I picked it up at Ross last night for $4.99. That and several others of her for the same price. All told, I got 6 DVDs for $36 (DH wanted a movie, too)

Traci- I think that The Method is kind of the same as "The Firm", a production title. The 2 that I picked up were "Jab, Kick, and Burn" which is described as a 55 min fat burning workout using kick boxing moves. "Each 15 min workout is designed along a progressive intensity formula: your level of intensity and difficulty increases from workout to workout as you master the moves and techniques". It also has a bonus round as well. I figured it would work as a great add-on because of the 15 min intervals. The Cardio Boot Camp also has 3 workouts that are 15 min in length. They combine military style strength and stamina training, movements from dance, Tae Kwon Do and kickboxing. Another add-on, I thought. We'll See.

I previewed the Jari Love's I picked up last night. They look very interesting and I will probably do one (although it's been so long since I have done anyone but Cathe, I will feel a bit like a traitor;-) she'll get over it!)

I was also surprised at the scale last night. I wasn't able to stay for the meeting, but I will definitely hit one next week, just which one, I have to decide! I also need to peek in on my old Saturday meeting crew (was my usual meeting for a year before changing my work schedule). I wonder about some of them, and I have heard through my leader that some of them are asking about me. I need to stop and say, "hi".

Off to snooze some more before work tonight. Have a good one, ladies!

You...who... The lovely Ms. Amy

$4.99 now that is a bargain :eek: ;( Nice!

Shipment, was only $2.98 and $10.99 for Ripped. Yes it is being delivered thru postal mail. They said I should have it before next Wednesday. Like I need more workouts }( :eek: ;)

Hi!

Teddygirl - you and I are very much on the same page these days. How's your butt from BG yesterday? Fun workout, hey?

Buffy - From your description of the scale, I have a vision of a light bulb. Kind of weird to think of all the no-see-ums in this world that actually can affect physical changes on us (light waves, sound waves, uv rays, voo-doo magic, etc). Weight loss can be such slooooooow going. It took me less time to lose 72 pounds than it has to lose 10. But, at least the scale's not going UP, right? Oh dear. A lasagna dinner. I'd have a very hard time with that one (insert picture of Garfield here).

Amy - I can get long winded some days, eh? I like how chatty and responsive this group is. Your posts always make for some interesting and amusing reading. Are you glad you got the Lasik surgery? I might get that when the day comes that I am bringing in a second income to this family. But first, I like to hear about other peoples' experiences. I know your workout was hard today, but at least you gave it a go. Many people would use an extended illness as an excuse to give it up altogether. Be kind to yourself and take it slower for a little bit longer. Make sure you find out where that pound went, and squish it before it makes its way over to someone else's derriere.

Traci - I might have to check out those Amy Bentos. And yes, you're right about Cathe in her early days. You've described her very well. Do you have her older workouts? I have them back to MegaStepBlast, and she's physically matured a lot. Always looked great, though. If DH comes home with a deer, what do you/he do with it? Your workout today sounds serious. Body Fat look out!! She's coming straight for you! And *obviously* the calipers are more accurate than the Tanita scale.

Cheryl - *obviously* the impedence meter is more accurate than the scale. :) Good luck with your biggest account! What do you do for a living, btw? Press tours, signing big accounts.....are you Brangelina's agent?!

This morning I did Step Blast and KM Leg Conditioning Drills (see Teddygirl? Great minds are thinking alike again :) ). SB is my all-time, hands-down favourite cardio workout. I especially like how the intensity creeps up on you slowly, until you don't even realize how jacked up it's gotten. The leg conditioning drills were surprisingly less tortorous (sp?) than they usually are. Is BG working already? Or, is it just not as hard without the KM blast challenge immediately ahead of it? Anyway, I was pleased to note the difference.

All of my bugs are going back to the alternative universe from whence they came, with the exception of my ear. Yesterday it went from half-plugged to fully and completely plugged. So, I went to the walk-in clinic last night and the doc prescribed some antibiotics. When I picked them up from the pharmacy, the very-pregnant pharmacist warned me that this medication can reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills. I wonder how she knew?! LOL!! I bit my tongue, but just barely in time.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Sandra, very nice combinations :9 :p I'm sitting here, trying to figure out how too inco the new/old Cathe workouts into P90x rotation, duh! so many dvds too choose from :p :p

But, for tonight's workout, I've decided, for sure, to do Cardio Blast. I watched it again last night and thought, oh my! this workout is da-bomb, dont know what I was thinking before, I done this workout once several months ago and I wasn't that crazy about it. But now :) :) ;) ;-) :eek: :D

Teddygirl~

Cheryl - Yeah that chinese food is definitely making me feel poofy and swollen. That darn sodium. I weighed in yesterday so I'm glad for that at least.

Sandra - I'm trying to come up with a creative way to cope with my lasagne dinner tomorrow. I'm thinking of bringing a bunch of roasted vegetables, which I LOVE, and maybe having a side of lasagne. I just feel like I don't want to undo so much hard work. I think I can stay OP with some planning.

Just finished doing KenpoX and Cardio Coach #2. I tried to do Cardio Fusion but I only got through the warmup and then Cathe got into some complicated stuff and I justed didn't have the right state of mind for it. That's when I jumped on the TM for CC#2. I burned 525 cals. for the whole workout.

Buffy

Hi to all! Just got DH & MIL off to deer lease.... ahhhhhhhhh SILENCE is golden. I am doing my Workout as soon as I get up from computer... I love w/o when I dont have to rush to shower to get rid of stinkies! :D

Buffy: Happy Day Off! You'll do great tomorrow nite as you are so dedicated & committed to your goal. YOU GO GIRL. Awesome calorie burn today!

Cheryl: Happy Rest Day! after 2 weeks its about time! BTW...Sandra has a point.. YOU MUST BE A Bradgelina Agent! HAHAHA Good one Sandra!

Teddygirl: Happy Ab Ripper Day! I cannot believe its already easier for you... can anyone say WASHBOARD? Congrats on Ripped 1000 purchase, I received mine 3 days after I started P90 rotation so its just going to sit until late January. Whats Cardio Blast???

Amy: Great add-on idea with THE METHOD. Sent you a PM

Sandra: Happy almost germ free day! The homestretch! LOLOLOL on pharmacist... Yes I have all of Cathes stuff thats currently available... I love her early work... especially the music. MY ERA
Your legs must be amazingly strong to not be screaming after SB and KM Drills. High 5!

BB this evening

Tracie - I meant Step Blast :+ :eek: Its on the DVD with Step, Pump & Jump I never done that one and heard its a goodie too :p

Girl, this day is taking FOREVER to end x( I just want to go home.

Teddygirl~

Hey everyone in WW land !

I feel like I haven't had a chance to chitchat in forever! I'm supposed to be working from home, but I'm getting squat done, so I figured, WTH, go checkin.

Today is rest day so I did B&G abs (regular abs, not bonus version) plus StretchMax1. Love that stretch, sometimes I'll pause the DVD player just to hold a stretch longer. Nice relaxing workout. Had lunch with DH, went to a diner close by. They make the most amazing salad - mixed greens, onions, green peppers, 1/2 a green apple, a sliced grilled chicken breast, a handful of pecans, topped with feta cheese and balsamic vinegrette. Yummy!! Pizza on tap for supper - DD is having friends over. DH & I will split a healthy pizza, kids will probably have pepperoni and cheese. I used to love that, but now just looking at the grease makes me queasy.

WI was today, down 2.2 - finally back to where I was a month ago. Now just have a bit more to go. Patience is the key.

Sandra - LOL at your comment to Amy about squishing that lb before it gets to someone else's derriere.

Please Amy, FIND IT AND SQUISH IT GOOD!!! Lbs like my derriere and I don't want it to find me!

Cheryl - Wow, two weeks with no rest day! I couldn't do it. I need one at least every seven days, must be this old body.

Buffy - roasted veggies sound good - you've got a great plan there!

Teddygirl - glad to hear the wo's are getting easier - Always great to feel/see improvements!

Amy/Traci - what is Ross? Is that a store chain in your area? don't think we have that here.

Traci - you workout fiend! You are so quick to pickup on the effect of changes, I hadn't even thought of Amy's less intensity leading to her lb loss this week.

Madame X - congrats on your 2 lbs loss this week! Don't think I had time to congratulate you earlier this week.

Jane - hope things will calm down for you this weekend - sounds like you had my kind of week too - actually, seems like yours was busier than mine!!

Think I got everyone. Now off to hang some curtains that I bought this am after WI (you know, when I should have been home working :p ). Looks like I'll have to work later.

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hey gang...I'll try to get back a little later... just got DrillMax and SM#2 done. Claude - it has been a wild week! Gotta run and cook dinner. Hopefully will bbl....

Claude 2.2 WOWSY WOWSY WOWSY!!!!!!!!! I am so impressed!!!! happy dancing all over those new curtains I bet! I wish you'd quirt work as I so miss chit chatting w/ you....lolol When I win lottery I'll shoot some to all my buddys on WW Check-In;-)
Ross Dress For Less is its old full name... Its exactly like a Marshalls or TJ Max... do you have any of those? Brand names at discount prices (well thats what the ads say!) Those are the only places I shop anymore since retiring last year.... Your lunch w/ DH sounds heavenly! My DH and I are gonna have to have a little talk about quality time.... He moved his office out of the house a month ago and now he's gone from 6am to 6pm ... we eat and he falls asleep on couch. He owns his own business (5 years now) and as all who have beendown that road know it is all consuming. I think I better just bring it to his attention tho' We dont want to become a statistic down the road.
Anyway... good talking to you... get a little work done so you can play:7

hello again!

I want to share some wonderful news. Most of you know I'm going to be a grandma next April... well DIL had an ultrasound today to see if they could determine the sex.... IT'S A BOY!!! DS called me so excited! My DH is an only child (only son) and we only have one son (and a daughter), so we are so excited the name will be carried on.

Traci - I hear your frustration on the weight not bulging or running in those exasperating patterns. I've started this month trying to track my erratic eating when I totally fall off the wagon and lose my mind completely. Most of the time it happens during mid-cycle but occasionally not, going to track and see if I can tell what's going on. Your workout sounds good! Love those leg days!

Buffy - I know all about overdoing it on Chinese... I won't even go near a chinese buffet any more! Nice workout! I love Ab Ripper X!

Cheryl - enjoy your rest day and your long run tomorrow.

Teddygirl - sounds like you hve some nice workouts going on! I love BodyMax2!! ... and yes, definitely ouch!

Amy - hope your night at work is uneventful.

Sandra - I still haven't done that for you! I will attempt to look at it tonight. This week has been a blur! Glad you are getting better, hopefully the antibiotics will knock it completely out. I'm anxious to do some of the old workouts now to see if I can "breeze" through them after this month of the new stuff. I doubt there will be any "breezing" though with Cathe Friedrich on the front cover!

Claude - Happy dance on the WI! YAY for the 2.2 pound loss! Enjoy your healthy pizza tonight!

I'm going to relax a bit. A busy weekend ahead. I have something to do on Sunday that DD roped me into that will tie up my time from practically sun up to sundown! At least I'll spend it with DD but I sure hate to give up my Sunday!

Congrats Jane. That's wonderful news about your grandson.

Chinese buffet? The last time I went to one of those I was so bloated the next day I couldn't move. I so rarely eat chinese because of that reason.

Buffy

Hi, again, everyone!

Chinese buffet sounds good, actually - but I'll never do Chinese again anywhere close to a weigh-in :(

Sandra, Traci, I am a PR consultant, but for the high tech industry. Boring, eh? No Brangelina here! The meeting went well. Mostly. I had a big go-round with my partner before the meeting.... long story... she found some typos in it and refused to let the junior person helping me simply fix them and bring it.... insisted he wasn't to print it out or go a step further until he and I had gone over it again IN PERSON, not just over the phone. She wanted to teach us a "lesson" about "unprofessionalism" (don't even get me started about how many mistakes and typos are in her proposals!!!) This all happened 10 minutes before the meeting.

I hate that kind of stuff. I guess that's one of the big reasons I'm pulling back some as the agency gets larger.

Claude, congratulations on the Weigh In!!!!

Amy,sounds like you had a fun workout.

Jane, congrats on the grandbaby!!!

Have a great Friday night, everyone!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.