Weight Watchers Finally FRIDAY 11/10

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Friday to all!

I have P90X Shoulders & Arms + Ab Ripper + a 25 minute Interval on the schedule today! Official WI showed me up .2 I am VERY HAPPY as I started my period yesterday.... Normally I go WAY UP.... I am PLEASED!

Buffy: Chest & Back has left me w/ major DOMS right under my arm pits... What the heck is that about???? (DOMS all over but those are the worst/best)

Cheryl: YUMMY and THANK YOU! I love pumkin but can never seem to find uses for it (clean uses that is!) Great words of motivation for Claude... are you practicing your "leader talks?"

Kim: 4 mile run may as well be a marathon to me! Way to go. Hope you really enjoy BM2...Music & moves are a Cathe favorite for me.

AMY:.... The good news just keeps coming & coming!!!!!! I am jumping as high as I can for 445am (withiut spilling my java) and I am just tickled pink!

Lots of personals yesterday - hope everyone else got to read them.

Having coffee w/ a friend later & then gotta get that workout completed. Have a great morning and I'll be back in afternoon to see ya all!
Have I told you lately how much each of you are valued? Well YOU ARE! Thanks for being here!

Good Morning!!

Traci - P90X Chest and Back gave me DOMS in the shoulders and back. Go figure. I don't have a pull up bar so I used the bands. I really want a pull up bar. DH and I are going to Dick's today to check some out.

I got a tetanus shot yesterday and my arm is killing me!! Luckily today is P90X legs and back. May skip the back.

I was down 3 lbs. this morning. Keeping in mind that last week was TTOM the month and I was up, its not too surprising that I'm down again. Nonetheless, this is the least I've weighed in at since starting WW in August. I'm .2# away from a total 5 lb. loss. Yipee!!!

Have a great day all.

Buffy

Morning everyone -
Today DD and I are going to finish our Xmas shopping. I needed a shoehorn to get my rear end out of bed and decided to just do abs and stretchmax. I may do a CC on the TM later, but we'll see. It just may end up being my rest day.

Amy - Wow!! What a great way to end the week!

Traci - congrats on the minimial gain!

Cheryl - thanks for the motivation and the pumpkin recipe - sounds really yummy!

OK - DD is staring at me - is it time to go yet?

BBL -
Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Buffy: Congrats on awesome scale vic! Sorry your arm is sore from that shot... hopefully better tomorrow! I am really resisting a pull up bar.... I dont think my "above door area" is the right size to put one up... I also dont wat to ding up all the paint... I also dont want another piece of equipment in my master bedroom.... Weigh that w/ I DO WANT great results and I am in a BIG DILLEMA

Claude: Enjoy your day of shopping! Sounds like a lot of fun. I amstill searching for the very last Xmas gift I need to get... driving me crazy as I have no idea what to get... a male friend (one of our couple friends) that I really only know because he married my friend.... maybe a fishing shirt. BORING

Anyway, its almost 1030 & I still havent started any workouts.... need to get on this NOW!

Just finished P90X legs and back plus added on firewalkers and abs from Butts & Gutts and Cardio Coach #3. I'm wiped out, but, feeling good.

Traci, Yeah I understand about the pull up bar. I'm looking more the cage-type thing where I can also use if for hanging abs. I'm fortunate that I have an actual gym that is attached to the garage so I don't mind putting another piece of equipment in there. If I only can getting the door bar thats fine too. We'll see.

Buffy

Buffy, great workout!!

Claude, enjoy your shopping trip with DD :)

Traci-- I actually haven't made any plans to try to become a WW leader... but now that you mention it, one of my dreams has always been to find a role helping other women (especially middle age and formerly overweight or not fitness focused women) find their success. I don't know how I might do that... but it's a secret thought I'm harboring... who knows?

As for today's workout - Drill Max rocks! I love it! I did all 75 minutes and I'm dripping.

I don't think it will displace BootCamp as my all time Cathe favorite (so far). I saw the most dramatic fitness gains from BootCamp because the intervals were just 1 minute, so I was able to give every interval my 100 percent best. I also liked that there were abdominal intervals. But I think there is room to be doing this style of longer circuits as well... they have their own purposes.

I liked the firewalkers and the walking lunges. I did the dive bomber pushups but wasn't able to scoop down as low as Cathe... I got a killer workout.

What a way to start a Friday. And on that note - TGIF, everybody!!

Cheryl

Good morning,

Well, such a chatty bunch yesterday. Not sure where to start.

Traci - my that's a lot of coffee!! I put my limit at 2 cups, consumed before 10am each day. Last year I went off coffee, and the withdrawl symptoms from just the 2 cups a day were pretty brutal. I hope there never comes a day when you suddenly can't get to the coffee pot....And what a pleasure to read about your WI last night. Progress is so motivating! And YOU are valued too! And if you put a pull-up bar over your bedroom door your friends will start looking at you funny....with a gleam of curiousity, and a hint of envy. ;)

Buffy - I can't believe how much I enjoyed B&G. It was the one workout I wasn't jazzed up about at all; just bought it because I figured it would be good for me. So far my butt was only mildly sore this morning - but the soreness was in exactly the right spots, so I know I did some good. However, sometimes the 2nd day after can be worse than the 1st day, so I'm not out of the woods yet! Congratulations on the loss!!! And wooooh, what a workout you did today! Great job!

Claude - hey, you gave Core a shot, and now you can confidently say that it's not for you. I like the fact that WW is such a flexible plan - and it sounds like it's becoming even more so. You're going to FINISH your shopping today?! I haven't even started! You need a shoe horn - I need a cannon!!!

X - Thank you for the details of the new changes. I hope someone will post more specifics when they become available, for us LifeTimers who no longer attend meetings.

Cheryl - you are so right! I've done 3 of the new workouts, and they're ALL my favourite! Great job on the TM run yesterday, and awesome to hear that your weight is down again! Love the look of the pumpkin smoothie. I might make that instead of eggnog this year. Any idea what the points would be for one cup, if using brown sugar? I'm planning on doing Drill Max on Monday. I'm glad to hear it's so much fun. TGIF!!

Jane - where do you get your flavoured coffees and teas? They sound so delicious!!!

Amy - Are you sure you didn't DREAM that meeting last night?! Oh my, that was a good time! I don't want to burst your bubble, but just want to point out that some (not all!) of that loss might be due to your illness and lack of food intake for the past week. Please don't feel bad if you're up a bit, or don't lose, by the next WI. Do you realize that you've lost the weight of a 12 year old? That's hard to wrap your mind around, isn't it?

Kim - I've got that post-pregnancy pouch, too. It's a tough one to deal with. Oh well, I'm 36, been married for almost 13 years, live where it's winter 9 months of the year, and therefore have no need to parade around in a bikini.

My glutes weren't hurting too bad this morning (did BG yesterday), so I gave BodyMax2 a whirl this morning. My, that's a fun one!! I did just fine with the cardio. Cathe seems to have gotten confused with the Power Circuit segment, and actually filmed the first half of IMAX4 instead. Loved it, but I am never happy to do those power-turning squats. And in this workout, she puts in a whole interval blast of those nasty things. Ugh. The upper body weights were surprisingly challenging, but I should never underestimate Cathe. My arms are feeling the workout more than any other part of my body. I weighed myself afterwards and am down 1.2 pounds from Monday! I'm sure a good chunk of that was just water loss. The sweat was flyin'!

Okay, time to end this book and get on with my day. Have a great day!

Sandra

Hi Pals!

Quick stop to congratulate all the scale victories this week. Very inspiring!

TODAY'S WORKOUT: B&G followed by 2 Mile Outdoor Run

NUTRITION:
M1- 2 slices Ezeckiel toast with 3 egg whites/hot peppers (Yummo!)
M2- Salad, mixed greens, 3 oz grilled chicken, Ken's Lite dressing
M3-Apple
M4- Tonight is "Date Night" where I use my extra Non Core points and have dinner out. Usually salmon w/ green beans and mashed...although I don't eat the mashed, some bread, small salad and hubby and I split a desssert.

Then tomorrow is long (6 mile)run and back on plan.

Enjoy your weekends!!!

X

Traci – two thumbs up for the chin up bar, I brought mines from beachbody and my boss came to my home and put it up for me. I had him put it over my bedroom door nice investment ;)

Buffy – Congratulations, ;) nice!

Claude – Have fun shopping today :p

Cheryl – Awesome workout, 70 minutes and some, :p keep up the good work.

Amy – you are definitely rocking and rolling :)

lunch time, since it is so beautiful day. I’m going to walk an hour I wore my sweat pants.

today eatery:

M1: flax cereal ff milk and boiled egg
M2: turkey sandwich w/romaine, ff cheese, 2 slices of tomato & 1 c tomato soup
M3 yoplait smoothie w/2 Tbsp flax seed
M4: chicken breast w/vegetables & pear

Time like this I wish I still had my internet service so we can chat during the weekend :D Have a great week all.

Teddygirl~ http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slide-jump/lb/0/8/0/.png

Just got back from Dick's Sporting Goods. I bought a Tower and a pull up bar and some other stuff. Very excited.

I'm hurting already from P90X legs and back. Ouchie.

I'm so surprised to hear some people not sore from Butts & Guts. I was really sore for days after and I thought my lower half was pretty fit. I felt it more than L&G and PLB, although PLB really gets me good in the butt.

Off for dinner.

Buffy

Traci - I got my BF's hubby a toilet seat last year. I didn't (still don't) know him all that well, but he's an easy going guy. He had made a joke to my BF about wanting fishy's on the toilet seat in their new house. When I saw the toilet seat with dolphins, I called by BF and said "What do you think" - she loved the idea, he loved the seat and it now sits proudly on their toilet. How's that for an idea?

Shopping was fun. I didn't quite finish, but I'm definitely closer. Mostly gift cards are left to buy (Traci - how about a gift card to his fav store?)

Hit the food court - got cajun, only ate half. DH took me out for supper tonight - chinese, had wine. So I guess today is going to be a free day and I'll start all over tomorrow. Ha - like I haven't done that a hundred times over. Oh well, at least I'm good at it.

Tomorrow is lower body - haven't decided if it will be B&G or GS Legs. Afterwards we have leaves to rake and I'm hoping we get to do some of our outdoor decorations. They have a big celebration called Light Up the Town the day after Thanksgiving with hot cocoa and cider, Santa rides down Main Street, they really do it up. Everyone turns on their Xmas decorations that night, so we have to get ready.

Buffy - congrats on the loss!! I wasn't all that sore the first time I did B&G, but I find that sometimes a workout will kick in more the second or third time I do it. I guess once I get used to the flow, I work harder or get better at my form. It's weird.

Cheryl - great WO!

Sandra - you crack me up, between the inuendos with Traci's pull up bar and the cannon LOLOLOL. Love the comment about Imax4 - I think you're absolutely right on that!

Teddygirl - have a great weekend!

X - hope you enjoyed your Dinner Date with DH - it's great that you make that time every week.

Time to call it a day. In case I don't get back here tomorrow, have a great Saturday! Night everyone!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hey gang... very very late checkin for me. 12:15 A.M.!!! I got up at 3 a.m. (this morning, yesterday morning??? where am I? :p )... LOL.... 3 a.m. Friday morning and worked my 8, got off at 12 noon, left at 12:30 for Gallipolis, OH (just across the WV line, I'm in NC). We made it in just over 5 hours, ate something, left there about 6:40 p.m. and pulled into our driveway at 12:01 a.m.

We went to pick up my Envoy, remember the deer incident about three weeks ago!

In 2 1/2 hours, I'll be up 24 hours... I think I'm rambling now... gone to bed!

Is very frustrated because I had a huge, long post that just got dumped!!!

Let's see if I can remember even a small portion.....

Jane- I hope that you have a great trip....please be safe!!!

Sandra- I hope that the "Land of the Germs" is going away!!! BTW- don't worry about busting my bubble...I have already thought of that and am hoping, praying, and crossing my fingers that I have finally broken through my plateau!!! Last year when I got my wisdom teeth pulled, it broke my plateau as well.....lost 8 lbs, and when I started eating again it didn't come back! I am hoping that this is a repeat performance!!! I hear you about the Christmas shopping...fortunately for me, most of it's ordering from a catalog and shipping because all our family is out of town (actually we are the "out of towners" because both our families are in the Chicago area).

Traci- I think those armpit DOMS are also known as Lats;-) . I hope that you are able to come to terms with your dilemma as well!!! The only reason I got the pullup bar when I ordered P90X was because I got such a great deal....something like $27. I guess that I never realized you were such a java junkie until this week. Me? I only drink 1 cup....when I drink it. I only make it 1-2 times at home during the week, and make it at work, but still only drink 1 cup.

Tonight was Power Hour and I was feeling VERY puny....I could only life 1/2 my usual weight. Of course, it's been 2 weeks since I lifted, but still.....very frustrating. HRM said I burned 592 calories, though! I think that I am going to change my routine up a bit....trade a weight day for a cardio day (4/2 vs 3/3). I have found that I tend to put muscle mass on fairly easy (Thanks, Dad!), so I think that I will try doing 2 full body weight days a week and see how that works.

Mom and Dad are doing good. They just came back from visiting mom's sister in Wisconsin. Mom and Aunt had a great time visiting, knitting, and getting into trouble at a yarn shop! Dad says he's feeling good, no untoward effects of the hormone treatment as of yet. He did say that he thinks that he's losing muscle mass. He's always had a HUGE upper body for as long as I can remember. He also said that he's finding it easier to go to the bathroom, which is a very good sign!!!:D

Was a wee bit frustrating talking to mom and dad, though when I called them with the last WI results. They don't think that I should lose any more weight. I guess that it's just that they have a strange view of "normal/healthy" weight. Oh, well, DH is very supportive and excited that I am as close to my goal weight as I am!

Here's to hoping that this one posts......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.