Weight Watchers Checkin Thursday 10/24

gym_mom

Cathlete
Just getting us started...

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Wow I don't think I've ever been online this early. I'm only doing Coremax this am. I will do a cardio later today to give that heel a few more hours recovery. It feels fine, but I had to do a little bit of work early this am anyways.

Eating was only 1 pt over yesterday. Dinner ended up being chinese, but I only ate half portions and I ordered healthy so I'm happy.

Cheryl - it was my left heel too - I think I overdid the calf raises in Sunday's GS Legs. That's when it started to bother me. Bootcamp is one of the workouts that scares me - I taped it from FitTV (when I still had FitTV) and just watching it made me think "no way". Of course that was back when I started doing Cathe - lots of her workouts made me feel that way.

Amy - how are those arms?

Hello to all that follow! Another hectic day on tap - have great workouts everyone!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Good morning Claude and all that follow....

Doing well this week, back on track after vacation. Hope everyone has a great day. Off to get breakfast.

Good Morning.

Claude - good for you staying OP with chinese.

Yesterday was not so good eatingwise. Did well until the evening when I got a major case of the PMS munchies. I could have done worse, but, nonetheless I had to dip into my flexies which I rarely do during the week. Oh well, I don't expect a loss this week.

Traci, I got my shipping confirmation for P90X. I'm so excited. I really looking forward to changing my workout up a bit.

Off to do PUB.

Have a good day.

Buffy

Happy Good Morning Early birds and all to follow!
Only spent 70.00 at the Holiday Bazaar (VERY GOOD!)... Had a great healthy lunch at organic salad bar.... My body is sore today from yesterdays BM 1 Upper and MEANER Legs... Did Abs from both. My DH looked at my tummy the other day and said OH MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE OBLIQUES! (i wuv him when he takes the time to notice!)MOTIVATION!!

Today is my heavy cardio day ( sticking to 3 a week)...
AM= MishMosh of Imax 1, MIC HiLos & RS.... tonite POWER MAX... WI Tomorrow so OP should be no problem at all!

Buffy: I'M JAZZED about shipping of P90X... Hopefully me too soon! Hope PUB is great today I LOVE that one! No worries about dipping into flexies, thats why they are there! Good job not eating all of them in a PMS moment.

AMY: What a w/o yesterday girl! Did it take ya 3 hours??? Thanks for sharing P90X pull up bar modifications... I was just thinking I was going to skip those exercises as I was not going to invest in yet ANOTHER piece of equipment... frankly doing pull ups is no where on my radar of goals for my body! haha

Jennifer: Keep us posted on Nutrionists.. sounds really interesting. Great job doing LowMax yesterday!

Claude: Enjoy the rest day? Hope so and happy you are taking it easy today on that heel.... We NEED our feet in good shape to do Cathe so consider holding off....

Cheryl: Congrats on the arrival of your new little Cathe babies! How will you get all w/os done today???????? BTW: BC AGAIN????? are you really a mad woman appearing as a ww fan???????

Jane: Glad you are right back in the swing op after vacation and all the trauma! You are mentally very strong! I'd STILL be eating over the deer!

Back later!

Good Morning!

Oh, the DOMS are light today. I totally worked my upper body to exhaustion yesterday, so I actually thought that I wouldn't be able to move this morning. But, it's not bad at all!

Traci- Congratulations on the bazaar...I love them and they are so hard NOT to spend money at! Yesterday's workout was about 2 hrs, but no cardio. Have fun with your Mish Mosh....today is Imax day, although I don't know if it will be 2 or 3.

I am thinking that I may need to change my WI days to Monday or Tuesday.....Tuesday I hopped on the scale and it was down 3 lbs from last week.....this morning, it's up 4 lbs from Tuesday...right back where I was this time last week! I am wondering if it's due to my heavy weight workouts on Wednesday. HMMMM?

Claude- I hope that you keep up the good work and keep your back healthy!

Buffy- You are doing so great, that's what flexies are for!

Well, another wait and see day.....tonight is WI. Last week I was talking to a coworker to see if she knew of a sports nutritionist here in town and she was asking me how long I have been doing WW. When I told her consistently for 2 yrs, she asked me if I was ready to "graduate" from it. Now, I will admit, it's been something I have been playing with because of all the frustration the lack of answers I have been given, but it's still a scary thought. On one hand, I know that I still need that restriction or I think that I am going to be back to the 96 point days. On the other hand, it would be interesting to see if I can trust myself to "eat intuitively". A fellow WW from the meetings thinks that I wouldn't eat enough because of all the exercise. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM............

Good morning,

Happy Thursday :) man oh man, this week flew by. This morning, when my alarm clock went off I hurried and threw it out the window :D :D didn’t feel up to a workout this morning, just wanted to rest.

Before class tonight, I’m going to do HE high/low.

Yesterday, I ordered Body Max, the cardio section looks like fun. On my next pay I’m going to order low impact circuit and I will have them all. I really had plan on ordering both yesterday, but had to pay $330 for car, ouchie! I’m pretty sure we’ll have the new workouts next week, I pray! ttyl

Teddygirl~

<<<<<<I am thinking that I may need to change my WI days to Monday or Tuesday.....Tuesday I hopped on the scale and it was down 3 lbs from last week.....this morning, it's up 4 lbs from Tuesday...right back where I was this time last week! I am wondering if it's due to my heavy weight workouts on Wednesday. HMMMM?>>>>>>>

Amy: Mine is always up 2-3 pounds after long Wt training... I think its the water and lactic acid buildup because mines always down in about 48 hours.... Drinking LOTS of water and hot green tea seems to help it flush out quicker. I actually have current rotation w/ a HEAVY cardio day the day before WI. IF P90X rotation I do isnt structured that way I plan on changing my WI day. I know it all comes out in the long term but MAN OH MAN I wanna be at goal wt by Xmas!

Teddygirl: Congrats on your newest Cathe baby orders! HE HiLo sounds like a great afternoon workout! Enjoy.... Take time to stop & smell the roses You are running really hard right now!

Teddygirl- Congratulations on your new additions to the "family". I hope that it all works out with your car!

Traci- that 48 hrs sounds about right, but that doesn't help me, because I will be 24 hrs out from WI, hence thinking about the change. Hard thing, is I HATE the Monday night classes....I fall asleep everytime because it's SO boring! I LOVE my Thursday night leader! It's all in your priorities!

I guess I could change my workout day routine and make Wednesday my heavy cardio day....oh the choices, the choices!!

Hi, everyone!

Traci, very interesting about weight fluctuations around the time of your heaviest weight workouts. Makes sense. I'm wondering - do you also measure bodyfat on a little Omnicom deal or a Tanita scale, and does it show progress after your heavy weight workouts? Just curious.

Claude, Traci, yes, I've been a madwoman lately on my workouts. Trying to shock my system into some progress.

Yesterday my workouts were great but my eating was not. Today started TOM - that may explain it. I always get ravenous right before...

Today I'm going to attempt IMAX 3 for the first time....

Last night I finally bought 15 pound dumbbells - my heaviest - and finally weighed my barbell. It's 15 pounds without weight, so with the discs I've been using 30 pounds total... I know Cathe uses up to 40, so I still have some room to go...

Claude, I hope your Achilles is better this morning. Mine is improving.

Have a great morning, everyone! More later!
Cheryl

Hi ladies!

OMG LowMax has just tied PowerMax and KPC as my all-time favorite workout!! I loved it!! I'm just sorry I was in a rush yesterday and couldn't do the last power cycle (though I still ended up being late for my morning meeting, so I may as well have finished it LOL), but I got through enough of it to know that I LOVE it!!

Someone asked about how I found the nutritionist I'm working with--sorry, I can't remember who it was! We have a fitness center at work and they offer personal training and nutrition consults, so I just made an appt with the nutritionist. I think it's a one-time thing (at least I hope so, since I don't want to keep paying this person $100), but it'll be helpful. Basically I'd like to be better about how to keep my body fueled throughout the day so I don't get the hunger shakes or get lightheaded, but still keep the caloric intake right for my activity level so I don't gain weight (and actually, I told her my goal was to lose about 6-7 pounds).

We'll see how it goes!

Have a great day and I'm sorry I've been bad about doing personals lately :(.

Jennifer

Jennifer- that was me that asked. Holy cow, I guess that I will have to save some dollars before checking one out! That's cool that you have one through work, though!

Glad that you like Low Max, I still haven't added it back into my mix....it's still too soon for me (9 mos is a long time!)!

Oh my gosh.........ALL preorders going out by Monday???????? I ABSOLUTELY MUST come up w/ my Cathe & P90X Rotation!!!!!!!! That should keep me busy all weekend! Forget the laundry, I have CREATING to do:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

LOL...I can see your wheels turning Traci.... I believe you did that mish mosh of BC and HSTA didn't you? You added extra cardio to it right? It is a burner isn't it!?

I am sooooo excited about the new workouts. I wondering how many calories we're burning getting this worked up?! HA!:+ :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.