Weight Watchers CheckIn SUNDAY 11/12

Happy Sunday All!
Up at regular 330am time as DH "surprised" me and brought the 3 kids home from the bay a day early..... wasnt that sweetx(

The ALS Walk was a huge success, 3x the amount of people and funds raised over last year. A beautiful thing!

I never got to my scheduled P90 YOGA yesterday x( I know its all in my brain because I just have so disliked YOGA all these years... If I'd just put the DVD in and press play I just may like it! I like all the other P90 stuff:7 That means that to keep on track today I have to do YOGA AND Legs & Back & Abs....urrrrrrrr I will do it tho but make an AM / PM day of it. I have lunch w/ a girlfriend today to celebrate her 44th but my last 2 lunches w/ her I have been great about clean eating (as clean as you can get at a restaurant!)

Hope everyone is getting plenty of R & R this weekend... that all are feeling like the bugs & viruses are gone and that you are all getting to do whatever you wanted to do this weekend!

Have a great day- hope to pop back in later this am to see you all

Good Morning!

Traci - I'm thinking of doing to P90X yoga today also. I skipped it during the week and I skipped by usual Tues. yoga class so I feel like I need to get it in. Sunday is my rest day but I really don't think yoga counts much as exercise. I don't know why I feel this way and I'm sure some people will disagree.

Yesterday went well. I did KenpoX and ran a bit on the TM. I also did PUB w/o back or abs (my back is really sore from Chest and Legs). Eating was on track. I went out for sushi and had wine and only had to use 2 flexies as I had quite a few AP's.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Good Morning. Was super busy, but a doctor had to come in at 0400 this morning to perform a procedure and just stayed to do his rounds, so there were just little things to take care of. Thought it was interesting.....one of the patients is HUGE (I'm NOT kidding...it took 4 of us to roll her over on her side because she's so large and refuses to help). Yesterday the day shift nurse mentioned that her doctor told her that either she needs to do something about her weight or she's going to refer her for gastric bypass. Anyway, we thought that maybe because she's so lazy, that she just doesn't think that it can be done and the same day shift nurse asked me this morning if I has spoken to her about my weight loss, "as you are such in inspiration". No, I hadn't because there is some thin ice around her situation in the first place (she overheard a male nurse make very rude and obnoxious comments about her when he thought she was sedated) and I didn't want to bring it up and risk offending her.

Traci- Glad the ALS walk went great!!! Sorry about the fur-kiddies! I totally understand about enjoying the house to yourself! It happens so seldom with DH disabled! I hope that you get to your yoga and work on the mental block (don't feel bad, I feel the same way about it!)

Buffy- Great job on the flexies/APs and exercise!!! I can't wait til my next sushi day!!!

Have a good day all! I had offered to switch working tonight for Thursday night when there is a severe short-staffing situation, but I wasn't taken up on the offer, which I totally don't understand since we're overstaffed tonight!!! Whatever! I told them that the offer was on the table until I clocked out and not to bother calling my at 6pm tonight asking (after sleeping all day) and not to bother calling me Thursday night to beg me to work!!! I *tried* to help out.....

OK IT OFFICIAL: I DISPISE ALL FORMS/INSTRUCTORS of YOGA! I did 30 of the 92 minutes.......WAS IN A POOPIE MOOD DOING IT & then said... Why do I REALLY need to this this if I will be so unhappy? End result is that maybe SOMEDAY I will appreciate the art of Yoga (I do believe it is an art) but I won't incorporate something that may turn me off to workouts....SO I have changed my P90X rotation to just add in a lite cardio day (I hear that the Yoga tape is similar calorie burn).
I did do my full ab workout (cuz I love ab definition) and will do the scheduled Legs & Back this afternoon as planned.
Other than that its been a LOVELY morning.... DH in project mode, under my feet asking advise I am trying to keep a sweet smile on but really want to say...HEY This was suppose to be my alone weekend!
I gotta be thankful that I got a DH thats wants to be home with me tho........
Buffy- Great workouts as usual. I cant believe you're adding strength to the P90 rotation! WILD WOMAN
Amy- Hope your phone doesnt ring later....... agree that it could be a nightmare conversation w/ the overwt patient. Personally I think a different nurse should just mention to her about your WT Loss success and then if patient is curious she can ask you directly. If someone has to bring up obesity surgery anyway that would be the ideal time for them to throw it out there. Just my thoughts.
Hugs ladies... off to help DH w/ HIS project!:eek:

Hi girls!

I have a few minutes before I leave for church and my yoga class (sorry Traci ;)), so I thought I would check in, since I miss y'all!!!

I've been trying hard to be much more level-headed about that darn number on the scale. It's still not budging, but I've upped my workouts significantly. Yesterday, I did Low Max (on an 8 inch step for the first time! I'd done it on a 6 inch the first few times I did it), and on Friday I did LIC (OMG it's so much fun!). Add to that, my usual Thursday buddy run and Boot Camp and Elliptical to round out the week, and that's been my typical routine for the last 2-3 weeks. My eating hasn't been horrible, either. I haven't been 100% disciplined, but I haven't been overboard, either. When I was first losing the weight, I frequently had weeks like this and STILL lost, so I'm not being too hard on myself. These days, it's a victory just to see that the scale didn't creep up ;).

This week, I'm pledging to get better with my discipline. Just because someone's having a birthday, it doesn't mean I have to have cake; just because we are having a networking reception, it doesn't mean I have to have every single kind of appetizer. I didn't lose 30 pounds in the first place by giving in in situations like that! And once I started to, that's when 5 pounds crept back in. Gotta stop doing that.

Ok, I'd better head out. I'll try and check back in later this week--I'm meeting with the nutritionist on Monday, and I'll let everyone know what she says...

Jennifer

Good morning,

I have to make this short today because I'm resolved to catch up on my personal emails that I've been neglecting.

Traci - The ALS walk sounds very rewarding! I thought the P90X yoga was the only yoga that you actually liked? Or am I mixing you up with someone else's post?

Jane - Thanks for the tea link! My, they sound delicious!

Buffy - I'm surprised to read that it is possible to do additional weight work alongside the P90X stuff. I've been reading my manuals, and I'm starting to look forward to doing this program in the new year. I have lots of questions about the eating plan, though. I'm going to have to research that a bit more. Which rotation are you following, and are you doing the eating plan, too?

Amy - Yup, I agree with Traci - get someone else to mention your wl to her. Out of curiosity, how does someone that large manage on hospital food portions? I imagine she must need to eat a lot to maintain her size, no? I haven't done PH in ages, but I'm not surprised you had hamstring DOMS. That one works the legs really good. The image of you sleeping with ear muffs and and eye mask had me LOL. I'm glad it worked, though! And your mish mosh yesterday sounds like it was a hoot!!

Jennifer - you have a great attitude!!

Today's my rest day. Oh, if anyone wondered why I didn't swim yesterday (I know you're all abuzz about it ;) ) it was because the training class was cancelled due to it being Remembrance Day. I'm glad I got the chance to do another new workout, so it worked out good.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Hi, everyone!

Wow, everyone's been busy today -

Amy, what a deal with that heavy patient! I think it might be a good thing for you to try to approach her... but it's up to you. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that at work.

Jennifer, you are doing so well!! You'll burn that 5 lbs back off, I'm sure. I'm reading that Cathe burned her pregnancy weight off primarily by amping up her workouts and keeping them mixed up. You're certainly doing that. And you're trying to eat clean. I'll be interested to hear what the nutritionist says.

Traci, I don't blame you on the Yoga. It's fun for about 30 minutes. Maybe 60 if you're in a very good class. You could just substitute stretch max, maybe? I think if I were you I'd do that, and then move back into the rest of the P90X as is... but don't let me be a bad example!!

Sandra, enjoy the rest day!

I did 45 min of B&G this morning. Loved it, but my glutes are still tender from Friday morning's Drill Max. I think I'll have to put more than one day between these two in the future! Since Sunday's my normal rest day I don't feel too bad about not going the whole 70... it does look like a very fun lower body focus program to alternate with PUB and some of the Slow and Heavy, so it's definitely a keeper.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!!
Cheryl

Sandra - I'm doing the classic rotation but might turn it into doubles. I tend to do double workouts on Friday and Saturday since I don't work on those days and I usually go out to eat so I try to earn my AP's. Also on Tues. I do a yoga class in the evening (P90X in the a.m.) so I'll probably skip the P90X yoga and sub one of Cathe's new ones on the scheduled yoga day. I can't give up my cardio coach entirely, so I have to fit that in a couple of times a week. I'm on a roll right now, I hope I don't crash and burn.

As far as adding additional weight workouts, I felt like I could handle doing some upper body on Sat. since I hadn't done any (except back) since Wed. I'm sore but not overly so. Not sure if I'll feel that way every week. I'll just play it by ear. This was my first week.

As for the eating plan, I'm not really following it exactly but I'm trying to incorporate some of the principles of it (the Fat Shredder version) into my WW plan. i.e. keeping carbs on the lower side, clean eating, etc. I'm definitely not eating as much as is recommended on the P90X plan because I don't think I could lose eating that much. I'll let you all know how my modified plan works.

I'm really loving P90X and I wasn't really sure I would. Funny, sometimes I'll put in one of the DVD's and for the first 5 minutes or so I think, "oh, I'm not going to like this", but I really do. Good luck deciding on your rotation. You'll love it.

Buffy

Thank you for all the info, Buffy. It's very, very hard to go from calorie-deficit thinking, to their way of thinking, isn't it? I'm hesitant to do that, too. They do say, however, that weight loss isn't really the goal of the plan. I'm hoping to lose my last 5 pounds before I start the rotation. I'll feel better about following their portion-control plan, and reducing my cardio, if I'm not actively attempting to lose weight, I think.

I should pop in one of the dvds and see what the workouts look like. If they don't look appealing, I'll keep in mind what you said. I'll tell myself to at least give it 5 minutes :)

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi everyone... just popping in ... had a busy day. After church this morning, DD and I spent the afternoon at the mall. The only thing I had when I was there was a peppermint mocha at Starbuck, shinny with no whip of course. Had a nice stirfry with shrimp when we got home. I did well today.

I did B&G before I went to church this morning. I am counting that workout as moderate instead of high, some cardio but not the driving cardio like DrillMax or BM2.

I watched DD do DrillMax after supper tonight. She did pretty well... as usual she kept muttering something about Cathe being crazy during the whole thing:7

Looks like everyone's been doing well.

Off to bed, early morning in the a.m.

Sandra, I really hope you like P90X. Believe me, I was very skeptical, but, I like it. Honestly. Its quite different from Cathe but not in a bad way. Just different. (Don't get me wrong I LOVE Cathe's workouts). One thing I particularly like is that every minute or so, he changes the exercise. There is really no boredom at all. And, another thing, they are only one hour (I know I've said that before). Many days one hour in the morning is all I can squeeze in. Even the Cathe workouts that are suppose to be an hour or less (PUB/PLB) generally take me more than the allotted time because I need a bit more time to rest between sets. P90X builds in rest times so it really is 1 hour. No need to pause. This is a real plus in my book.

Sorry to go on an on, I just really want you to like it.

Buffy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.