Weight Watchers Checkin - Sun. 9/10

Did ok yesterday. We had a dinner party for a friend's birthday. My DH made a traditional cuban meal which is not really low cal. I had a bit of everything but didn't go overboard. My friend made the most amazing chocolate cake with dried cherries. She said she used over a pound of chocolate. Well, how could I say no to that? I had about 2/3 of a small piece. It was worth every calorie. Yum. I ended up using about 12 flexies. Not too bad. I still have about 18 flexies left but probably won't use them.

I usually take Sundays off as a rest day, but, I'm feeling the need for some cardio (might have something to do with that cake). I may do cardio coach later after church.

Have a great OP day.

Buffy

Good Morning, Buffy. That cake sounds heavenly!!! Congrats on the NSV!

I was perusing the WW bulletin boards. It never ceases to amaze me just how judgemental and spiteful people can be on that board!! I posted some encouragement to someone and got blasted for the number of APs I earn per week, saying that there's no way I can earn that many and that I HAVE to be counting them wrong! Whatever!!! Regardless of how I am counting them, I am still not losing because I am not eating enough!

Anyway, I just had to vent because everyone here is awesome and super supportive!!! Thanks, ya'll!!!

Grr, what ignoramuses, Amy! Just because they've never attempted advanced workouts, they assume that you can't possibly be earning that many AP's? I've been known to earn 11-12 AP in a day, sometimes--yesterday, for example, when I ran a 6-miler (which, because I'm slow, took me about 1 hour 45 min).

This is why I love our group!!

I knew this weekend was going to be challenging since yesterday, I went to a kid's birthday party (complete with pizza, chips, and yummy cake--I did treat myself to all of these things since I don't usually have them, but I managed to stick with my points for the most part and only had to call on 2 extra weeklies), and today I have a baptism to go to, and the inevitable family party at a Chinese restaurant after. I'm not crazy about Chinese food to begin with, but I will be hungry, so I'll have to eat SOMETHING, and my family always orders the points-heavy stuff, so I'll have to find some veggie-laden dishes and load up on those.

Leaving for Maui on Tuesday and I'm a little nervous about sticking to my points while there. I always struggle with the points when I'm traveling because I eat out more often than I normally do, and I can never really accurately guage points because I don't know how much of something they add. But I figure I'm not in Maui every day, and I'm going to enjoy exploring new foods--regardless of points. I do plan on walking a lot, and I AM going to be running 13 miles next week, so it's not as though I'll be sitting around and gorging all day LOL.

Jennifer

Hi all,

I did 30 mins of SB, my effort was horrible, I was tired and run down, no motivation and a headache to boot. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Jennifer have a great time in Maui I am soooo envious. :)

Buffy glad your party went well.

Amy that is people for you. Sorry the are so rude over there, that is why we hang out here.

Jenn;-)

Evening everyone -
Yesterday didn't go quite as planned. I ended up eating way more than I should have. Amazing how one bad day shows up on the scale immediately for me, but it takes weeks to make several good days show up. Phooey!

Today was a fresh start and I'm happy so far. I did PushPull, had some trouble with my back, but worked through it and finished the workout anyway. Then there was a car show in town so we spent the day there. Since it was in town, I was able to run back home and grab a healthy lunch instead of the fried dough and hot dogs they were serving. Supper was grilled chicken, veggies and baked beans. Top it off with some fruit and I'm still under by a point.

Jenn - don't sweat it. We all have off days. The fact that you worked out at all was great!

Amy - They're just jealous because they can't get their rear quarters in gear to workout as hard as you do. Don't get sucked in. You know that what you're doing is right so hang in there and come here for encouragement. We'll support you!

Jennifer - have fun in Maui! As for eating, do your best at healthy choices, and enjoy!

Buffy - glad to hear you did better at your party than I did at mine. Keep up the good work!

Til tomorrow!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Thanks, ya'll! What's interesting, though, is there is a thread called Eat More/Lose more that supports the eating of all APs, FPs and target points. There are some great ladies there that train super hard for marathons and such and I have noticed that when they "stray" away from the EM/LM thread, they tend to get blasted as well about the number of their APs! Someone asked me if I had a heartrate monitor, and if not then how could I possibly be counting my APs correctly. I was very proud of myself that I kept my cool when I SO wanted to respond with, "yes, I have a heartrate monitor, it's called my fingers and a second timer!!!)

PLB was on the books tonight, it always seems to turn into a sweatfest for me!!! I was happy, too, because I was able to up my weight used too!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.