Weight Watchers CheckIn MONDAY!! 10/30

AMY: You're so baaaaaaad! How was the **uhhem** lower workout? I hope work is slow so you can play with me on the boards at this crazy hour!

Kirsten: {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}} Why not take a few days (or a week) off of tracking points OR Weighing In??? It can be all about burnout and I think you are right to look at this... counterproductive long term to keep at it while not wanting to.
I am considering not Weighing In once I start P90X as its a given the scale will show UP for a few weeks...I do not want to get discouraged as I know in 4 weeks the scale and tape measure always show vast improvement for me... Personally I can only drop one at a time (tracking or weighing ) but I still need the accountability. Better to give yourself a break now before holidays are upon you. Just my thoughts....

Cheryl: GREAT workout again! You have a love affair with your TM!
Imax 3 is always modified for me...Amys just a crazy woman!;-)
I also never even attempt it w/ a riser.... thats suicide for my 2 left feet!

Jennifer: Great words of wisdom for all of us!

Jane: I "owe ya one"... I woke up and got up at 12:30am because I was dreaming about that dang Cathe Bonus Cardio ..... My DH is gonna expect you to be my "no sleep again!" punching bag today:p

Have a great morning all! Somewhere in this world its not really 1:30...its closer to a real wake up time! I'll just pretend I'm there.....:7

Hiya, sorry to hijack...but it's 4:30pm where I am (in Japan) and I'm trying to avoid work. :) Where are you that it's 1:30...am or pm?

Uh, hi, everyone! I'm snooping-around-in-hopes-to-find-something-other-than-work August from Cardiohatesville! :D

Good Morning August! I've read (as a lurker) that you are in Japan! How wonderful.... I'm in Texas- not sure if its even Monday in Japan!
We love visitors over here.... come back often. Usually one of the regulars is up WAY early!

Omelet in a zip lock bag! I may just have to try this today!!!! I love egg white & veggie omelets...ZERO points!http://www.meninaprons.net/archives/000396.html

Yes, it's Monday afternoon over here and I'm going to be getting ready for dinner soon.

Texas? That's great!

Thank you for your hospitality! :) It's nice to know that I'm not the only one up and at Cathe's LOL.

Have a good....day!

Good morning early birds!

August- Great to hear from you! I have a really good friend that is stationed in Japan, but she's here in Florida for a few weeks to keep up on her skills as a Nurse Practitioner. She doesn't get any practice at the hospital she is stationed at.

Traci- I ended up doing Legs and Glutes. Man, I really either need to buck up and get myself a barbell set or wish Christmas gets here really fast!!! I had to laugh to myself when I typed that about the lower body w/o, and knew (for some reason;-) ) that you, Traci would catch on to what I was referring to!;-) ;-) :+ Anyway, I totally agree with you on the WI vacation when you start P90X. I have seen lots of people go up in their weight for a few weeks when they start. I have yet to start anything other than Ab Ripper X, and that was a joke! I am starting to just now get through most of Cathe's ab work! Sorry about the insomnia!!! I don't think that there are any new workouts to buy anymore....I think you have run the gamut!!!;)

About Imax 3, I have just recent started playing with it, and have only done the first 5 intervals. I am totally in love with 2, though! I haven't even tried 1 yet, but plan to soon! For some reason, I am more coordinated with the step than without! When I try Hi/Lo, I feel like I have 5 left feet in my way!!!

Work has actually been pretty boring tonight. I was able to watch the last episode of Heroes on the computer! I wish that I had brought some of my knitting! Depending on what the current project is, I tend not to like to bring it because I don't know what germs are lurking and may take homex( . My most recent project is my first foray into lace knitting. I am attempting a lace triangular shawl in some very pretty berry/purple/pink shades. If I get it done, I will try to post a picture.

Good morning early (or late birds).

Traci - I have problems with insomnia at times. I slept pretty good last night though.

August - hello and welcome. You can visit us any time. When my son was in the military a few years ago he was stationed in South Korea for two years, so I know all about the Asian time difference!

Amy - I'd love to see your shawl when it is finished. It sounds beautiful.

I get my new DVD's today, YAY!!! My workout today though will be a 40 minute run, 15 min of Ab Hits, and SM#2.

I "fell off the wagon" a little (well maybe a lot) yesterday. It is TTOM so wondering if this had anything to do with it although the last couple of months this hasn't happened. I ate way too much of some pretty bad stuff. I have to weigh in tomorrow! I am going to be putting a lot of water away today!

Have a good day!

Hi Ladies,

I am going on my 4th week of WW following the Core Program. Wednesday's are my WI's and so far I've done well. I initially lost 6.5lbs in the first week and then 1lb each week following. I am a Cathe die hard and I also do consistent outdoor running all year.

I am struggling with some similar issues as your latest topics: overtraing and balancing weight workouts while trying to lose substantial fat before I sculpt and build muscle. Previous to weight watchers I did alternating cardio and weighted workouts but never saw the fat/weight loss that I needed. I felt ripped underneath the layer of fat but still no change in clothes size.

I am happy with WW and the Core Program as I am used to clean eating. I am seeing and feeling great progress but have started to get over focused on Cardio. Last week I lost .8lbs but I know that I felt smaller, more like 2-3lbs smaller but I also had DOMS.

So, I will start Cathe's "Fat Burning Focus, Nov. 2005" and try to be moderate with the exercise. I do feel great and appreciate the support of this check in.

I have to admit I am not good with individual "personals" but will try to contribute when I can. OK?

Catch you all later after work....

X

Welcome X....

I am currently alternating between the Nov 2005 rotation and the August 2004 rotation, both have the same goals. I will finish up week #2 of the Nov 2005 rotation today but Wed when I start a new week, I am moving onto the Nov 2006 rotation since I get my new workouts today.

Again welcome to the WW checkin.

AMY: L&G sure sounds tough to me! My legs are still sore this morn from Saturdays lower marathon... Glad today is UPPER:D

Jane: I am going to live vicariously through you on the new workouts... I didnt order until late March so I'll be very happy if I get prior to end of Nov. ENJOY and you'll certainly work off the little crazy eating day!;-)

X: Welcome...personals are always optional! We understand about busy lives around here. Congrats on all your success thus far! Never underestimate clean eating! One thing: You mentioned you were overfocused on cardio...but beginning the Fat Burn Focus Rotation... I havent peeked at it yet but if its a TON of cardio you may want to set a daily timelimit and alter rotation as necessary... I only say that because Cathe FAT LOSS anything is usually Cardio Intense. Just an idea to look at. I just two weeks ago lowered my cardio & up'ed the old weight focus... We shall see.....
Thanks for joining us here!:)

Welcome, X (it almost feels like a secret identity;-) !)

Don't worry about personals, we just try to be supportive in anyway we can and I try to not be so focused on me. One thing that I have learned in my long and very trying journey is patience!!! I guess that's what has helped me not to be so uptight about all the delays with the new tapes. I know that it will happen eventually!

Keep up the great work. I know for me, that I am on Flex, so I apologize in advance that I won't be much Core help!

(pssstt, Traci, is this enough playing for you???;-) )

OK GANG... I spent my extra 3 hours this AM making room for all my latest purchases...
I have Several DVDs and Videos that are yours free of charge AND free of shipping costs (consider it an early Holiday Gift!)
Heres the list just let me know here or on my email ([email protected])if you'd like and we'll get together on the shipping info........purging really does feel good! (uh...closets that is!)

DVDs
The Firm Complete Aerobics & Weight Training
The Firm Maximum Cardio Burn
The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster
The Firm Total Body Sculpt w/ Abs
Turbo Jam Turbo Total Body Sculpt
Turbo Jam 3T Tube Sculpt
Turbo Jam Ab Jam
Janis Saffell Hardcore Kickbox Circuit
Jazzercise Body Sculpt & Strength

VIDEOS
The Firm Body Sculpt
The Firm Firm Abs (set up like CoreMax)
The Firm Ultimate Calorie Blaster
The Firm Calorie Killer
The Firm Upper Body Sculpt
Beach Body Ab Ripper 200
Beach Body Great Abs Guaranteed
Slim in 6 Six Pack Abs
Alain Bissainthe Master Your Body Kickbox Circuit

Oh yes- If no takers they are going to Goodwill later this week! I gotta getem out of here or I'll end up keeping them!

Me, Me, Me!!! I want the Turbo Jam ones!!!

I already have the FIRM ones that you have listed, of course they are gathering dust now. But I can't seem to make myself put them "away".

OOOHH, the glutes are letting me know they got worked last night!}(

Only if you want to. Me, I have to stop playing soon and finish up my stuff for the end of the shift! Oh, that and bathe a little man before he gets transferred out to the floor today.

UPDATE ON AVAILABILITY...this is cool it feels like I'm playing Santa! LOVE IT!
DVDs
The Firm Complete Aerobics & Weight Training
The Firm Maximum Cardio Burn
The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster
The Firm Total Body Sculpt w/ Abs
Jazzercise Body Sculpt & Strength

VIDEOS
The Firm Body Sculpt
The Firm Firm Abs (set up like CoreMax)
The Firm Ultimate Calorie Blaster
The Firm Calorie Killer
The Firm Upper Body Sculpt
Beach Body Ab Ripper 200
Beach Body Great Abs Guaranteed
Slim in 6 Six Pack Abs
Alain Bissainthe Master Your Body Kickbox Circuit

AMY GOT! Turbo Jam Turbo Total Body Sculpt
AMY GOT! Turbo Jam 3T Tube Sculpt
AMY GOT! Turbo Jam Ab Jam
TEDDYGIRL GOT! Janis Saffell Hardcore Kickbox Circuit

Oh yes- If no takers they are going to Goodwill later this week! I gotta getem out of here or I'll end up keeping them

Happy Monday, :)

Tracie - Thank you so much.

I’m a sicko, on Sunday I did Imax2, guess what? I did it again this morning, felted good! I finally did CM1 and it wasn’t to tough. I'm going to stick with it the rest of this week and then move on to CM2/3:p

Tonight, Legs & Glutes & CM1 ;) x( :)

Okay, guys I was PRAYING to find an e-mail from Cathe this morning, concering shipment date :-( :-( I just hope/wish that I get them before this week ends. Did you guys see the November rotation?

Teddygirl~

Hi girls!

New WW week for me today, and I am ready to keep up the (mostly ;)) good work! I lost 2 of the 8 pounds I wanted to lose post-training, yay!! Granted, that's mostly water from hydrating so much those last few weeks, but I'll take it LOL. If it gets me closer to my goal, why not? ;)

Am feasting on "pumpkin pie oatmeal" today. That sounds strange, I know, but I made some pumpkin pancakes this weekend and had leftover pumpkin, so I decided to try this recipe that Ellie Krieger has in her book for pumpkin pie oatmeal--it's basically oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg (you can also use pumpkin pie spice), and a bit of canned pumpkin. It's pretty good! Not as good as a pumpkin pie (or even the pumpkin pancakes I made, yum!), but it does give you that pumpkin pie flavor and makes the oatmeal go down a little easier LOL. As you can tell, I'm not normally an oatmeal fan ;).

Ellie also suggests making your oatmeal more like an oatmeal raisin cookie: adding brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and some walnuts. I couldn't believe how good it tasted! Now that winter's coming I am going to be having that a lot. It's 6 points with milk (I usually have 4 point breakfasts--just whole grain cereal with milk), but hopefully I'll be back on maintenance in a few weeks and can afford the extra 2 points at breakfast :).

Jennifer

Well, they wanted my blood. I told them that it was tired blood, but they didn't care, they wanted it anyway!

Congratulations, Jennifer!!! I am totally NOT going to make a short term goal....to make it into the 170's by Halloween....maybe Thanksgiving. It's only a month away and I only have 4 lbs to go!

Okay, does it every annoy you when someone is chattering away about nothing in your ear despite having a totally NOT INTERESTED look on your face??? DH is doing that to me right now! He hasn't slept for 2 nights (doesn't allow himself to sleep at night is more like it) and he gets really goofy and chattering. Welcome to my world~ sigh!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.