Weight Watchers CheckIn 8/21 Thursday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning All!
Sandra: Great HIIT workout yesterday... I just love mixing things up like that! BTW your family pics are wonderful! You look like a "perfect" family.... don't ya love how innocent, sweet & clean portraits make children look? Now show us the chaos! Thats the fun stuff;)

Amy: Look at your workout girl! How in the heck do you do 3 hours when you havent been sleeping much lately?? Whats your recipe for Chicken Chili & LF Bisquits? YUMMO! And please do share when you plan to order the rest of cathe's stuff??? I know you're chomping at the bits now to get Imax 3 + RS! cha-ching

Buffy: WOOHOO!!!!! You gotta be proud for taking the plunge and pre-ordereing! I cannot wait-I'm so excited... they sound like they are full of variety and ya know I LOVE variety! MMax seems to be one of the favorites around the boards... I do enjoy it but hard for me to get all warm & fuzzy about any strength....except lower body floor work!

Teddygirl: Hope your first non party day was OK... back to real world for a bit.... great that you are tackling LowMax right out of the gate!

Corinne: I left you personals after you posted yesterday... hope you got them.... let me add to them, that I agree w/ Buffy that no BarBell is no big deal... I have a small girlie BB (25#) and actually dont like anything on my back... most of the time I use dumbells but thats because I dont lift heavy for lower body (except hamstrings)... I bulk up to quickly and thats not my goal just yet... once the 10#s are off I may go back to heavier and just see what happens...

Have a great day! Will let you know whats up for me in a bit... the doggies need to be fed!

Hey everyone - how goes the battle today?

I am trying to get geared up for a really good day at work. We are moving/remodeling our office and things are a mess, well - I need orgazination so I'm getting ready to go to work and do that. :)

I did very well with points yesterday, but I'm having tons of trouble getting to a meeting and when I do I can't stay - too much going on and to do. Do all of you go to a meeting?

I watched the Biggest Loser last night and wow - again, another motivating season on the rise and I'm very excited.

Talk to you later,
Marcia.

Morning again!

Hey Marcia- Sorry life is frantic and unorganized right now... be proud for staying in points target! Thats a major feat when life is busy. I don't attend meetings so cant help ya there... I use this check-in and WW online because meetings near me are at weird hours for me... morning meetings are about 40 miles/over an hours drive away. When I did attend a few years ago I found the leaders in my area to be totally points focused and actually told a few people to not worry about exercise or quality of points... That was a turnoff for me because I know from being in Weight Loss & Fitness Industry for 20 years that its all about balance of the 3. It was just a personal experience that wasnt good for my head so for me it was better to stop attending meetings. At any rate- If you find the meetings really benefial for yourself can you make them like a business meeting appointment in your calendar? Something that you wouldnt cut short or miss??? Good Luck

One last time this morning!

Yesterday was another clean eating day for me w/out sugar & processed foods.... my headache (sugar) is finally gone this morning after just two days of detox so I feel great!

I only got Kickboxing (4 APs) in yesterday as my head was pounding... but today I'll be cranking it up! (Look out Amy!)

Circuit: Step Jump Pump 60 min
Interval: Imax 1 45 min
Abs: Ab Hits MishMosh 20 min
Back Yard MUST be mowed today or I wont be able to see my dogs poop to pick it up! That will end the morning sweat fest..... WI tomorrow so lets hope I eat 20 + APs cleanly!

Back later to catch up!

Good Morning!!!

Traci- I actually slept ALL day Tuesday (from 0700-1530) then couldn't get my butt in gear to do anything beyond showering. I also slept the majority of Tuesday night, so lack of sleep isn't an issue anymore!
I also HAVE to get the lawn mowed...is 0630 too early to crank up the mower???? (not if you don't like your neighbors!}( )

Marcia- I am sorry about the hectic way things are playing out! I hope that it all settles down soon! I am starting to feel about my meeting the way Traci was. Last week I went and my leader asked me why I earn so many APs? I was so stunned, I really didn't have an answer.

I also got sucked into The Biggest Loser last night! You're so right about it being motivating!

Today is Low Max and maybe a little somethin' somethin' else, who knows?;-)

>>>Today is Low Max and maybe a little somethin' somethin' else, who >>>knows?
>>>Amy

Oh Amy you KNOW there's a little somethin somethin you're concocting! Cant wait to hear what you came up with... Off to "get'er done!"

:p LOL Traci!!!

Check you email, girl!

Oh, about the other Cathes....which ones do you mean? I preordered the new ones when I was so new to Cathe, I had no idea what I was getting into!!!}(

Yesterday ended up not be so good for me pointwise. TTOM due any second now and PMS got the better of me. Fortunately I stopped myself at a bowl of raisin bran and two pieces of toast, because I could definitely see a binge coming. I went over my points, but it could have been worse.

This morning I did Cardio Coach #3 and the tough core premix from coremax. I didn't want to work out this morning for some reason, but I forced myself and I'm glad I did.

Have a good op day!!

Buffy

Morning everyone -
You all are making me jealous with those great mishmosh workouts! I'm still taking it somewhat easy, but I am feeling better. Today was Cardio & Weights - I'm not a big circuit fan but I figured I should try them once in a while. I preordered before I realized I didn't like circuits, I hope I don't regret it!

Buffy - OMG - Cardio Coach #3 is awesome. I finally tried it last night at the gym. There was no one else there except for my DH & DD. Good thing too because I was sweating my butt off on the treadmill, grinning like an idiot listening to Sean! Thank you so much for recommending it! Can't wait to do #4 either tonight or tomorrow.

Amy - What an incredible workout yeterday! What is SparkPeople? I've never heard of that before.

Traci - you are a sweetie! I do check back even if I don't always have time to post again. This thread is just addictive.

Sandra - I must admit making sure the children don't drown is much more important than working out. They'll grow up too fast though so enjoy them now! My DD is 14, a great kid, but the teenage years are definitely different than the grade school days.

Marcia - I'm definitely a meetings girl. Of course I have an awesome leader. She believes in exercise but doesn't push it on those that just refuse to do it. Although I don't share with her how many AP's I earn, it just hasn't come up. I've been to meetings with other leaders and I can honestly say I probably would have dropped WW if it wasn't for my leader - she's great. I hope life settles down for you. I know when things get hectic for me, I find it tough to stay on track. Sounds like you're doing fine.

Hapy Wednesday everyone!!

Claude :)

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

OK - need some suggestions - I can order $50 of workouts. I'm debating between two gym styles or one gym styles plus muscle max. I have:
PUB/PLB
S&H
Coremax
Stretchmax
Kickmax
Lowmax
Rythmic Step, Imax, MIC
Cardio Hits
Muscle Endurance on VHS
All Step on VHS
and a few FitTV recordings (Push/Pull, Cardio & Weights, L&G, Imax2, and something else I can't think of right now).

I can get great UB results with what I've got so I'm leaning towards GS Legs. My goals are to firm, tone and lean out the lower body. I seriously feel like I don't have enough weight training workouts as those are the ones I get bored with most easily. I also have TaeBo CArdio and Sweating to the Oldies videos.

What do you think? Should I try something out side of Cathe? Or stick to what I know will work and that I'll like.

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Well, crap! I just posted a long message to Claude and it disappeared!

Anyway, let's see if I remember it....

Okay...

Claude- How about CTX? It's got a wide variety of different workouts as well as Leaner Legs (aka Meaner Legs)

I am also a meetings girl, but I think that I will take a page out of your book and no longer let my leader know how many APs I earn. She isn't much of an AP person, she even admits that she made it to lifetime/leader without exercising (and she looks it!).

Oh, yeah...SparkPeople is a really cool website I found that is totally free. You join up and you have access to message boards, forums,etc. But the best part is that you can track your calories you eat. When you sign up, you set up just what nutritional aspects you track, i.e., calories, fat, fiber, carbs, protein and what ever else your heart desires. You can also track your workouts and calories burned. www.sparkpeople.com is the site. I have been playing on there for about 3 weeks and it's really helped me put my daily target points and activity points into perspective!

Ohhh Amy - don't confuse me with more options! :p

Actually CTX is on my Xmas wishlist as are most of Cathe's workouts. I will definitely look up that Sparkpeople.com website. Sounds great!

>>>>>>Oh, about the other Cathes....which ones do you mean? I >>>>>>>preordered the new ones when I was so new to Cathe, I had no >>>>>idea what I was getting into!!!
>>>>>Amy

Heck If I know what I meant Amy! I must have meant any you dont have... gotta have the full collection ya know!}( Drill Max is gonna ROCK MY WORLD! I already am making rotations just cannot wait!!!!

Claude:
First my vote: GS Legs is an absolute MUST HAVE! Cathe works legs like she does in no other leg segments.....do it do it do it do it do it do it}(
Second I think GS Uppers are also must haves for strength , having said that tho MMax is a definite favorite for lots of folks.... I like it to but I use it as splits since I dont do full body workouts (not enough action for me in an hour..)

As far as you being off the intense workouts for awhile consider this... rest/recovery weeks are highly reccomended by fitness gurus ... 1. your body becomes stronger when you stop working it so intensely and 2 when you do resume more strenuos activity you'll be SHOCKING the old bod again so you will see amazing results!

hugs

BUFFY!!!!!!!! Please tell me you are not feeling badly because of raisin bran and toast during a TTOM binge!!!!!!!!!!! You're killin me girl......
Hi 5 for working out when you really didnt feel like it!
Now go eat some sin food! I mean raisin bran!:p

Well, I think "the body" has spoken. I woke up from my nap and started KPC with all plans to do that for about 20 min or so before Low Max. Started LM and I just couldn't do it! The brain was NOT there!!! Traci- I think that you were right about the lack of sleep! It definitely caught up with me tonight. I am not going to drive 40 min across town for my WW meeting tonight, either.

Oh well, at least I did 20 min of KPC, right?

Sleep Amy! Maybe take a rest day tomorrow too to give your body a break!
I did my 2 + Hrs (workouts & lawn) and my body is really tired! If I dont sleep 8-9 hrs tonight I don't know if I'll be up to my big legs day tomorrow... will not worry about it tho.... working out a fatigued body does it no good at all... dont be hard on yourself. I'm glad you didnt push LowMax.

Thanks! I hope you sleep tonight! Even after yesterday's marathon, I really didn't sleep but 6 hrs last night. Some weeks I seem to have a really hard time getting back on the "day shift" swing.

Good news, though. I was able to slide into jeans I haven't worn in about 6 years!!! They are on the small end of the size 12 spectrum!!! (you know, that 'range'?x( )

AWESOME about the jeans Amy!!!!!!!!! I LOVE when that happens... you just have your sweetie pie give you a big pat on the back for me! IMPRESSIVE!

Thanks! I had just tried to get them on in June without success, so I am making progress even though the scale is still being stubborn!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.