Weight Watchers CheckIn 11/22 WEDNESDAY TurkeyEve

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning Everyone- Will go back & catch up on yesterdays posts in a bit (need more java!)

Today is YOGA- will do it (darn it!) going to add in LowMax as I need some cardio before Turkey Day (thats a rest day for me). I'll probably even throw in some cardio tomorrow AM to do damage control.

Heading to bay (out of computer range) around 10am today so I will miss all of you until Sunday! I hope all of you have wonderful T-givings and are able to spend the day doing exactly what you really want to do! I for one made a pact w/ myself that no matter what happens food/exercise wise that there will be no regrets & no belittling of myself. Its just food.... its just weight.... trying to keep it all in perspective as there are so many in the world who have little to be thankful for & I have so much. Thats just my personal motto this year.

Will go read personals and be back a few more times this AM.

For our Canadian friends... I hope you enjoy ANOTHER turkey day... after all its only fair since you are kinda celebrating with us anyway... I dub tomorrow EXTRA TURKEY DAY in Canada!:7

Yesterdays Personals:

Someone asked about all the "bad press" on Amy Bento Kickbox form. I think it was Sandra??? Anyway. I guess I just look at the at home workouts a bit differently... (been doing them for 100 years!) In a LIVE class I expect good form good pointers good reminders With videos I never know what to expect so I rely on my own good judgement. I have never felt the need to keep up w/ a video instructor in lifting or cardio moves... Its about my body and me not them... Having said that. I think some of Amys moves are risky depending on your bodys capibilities and your flooring.(so are EVERY INSTRUCTORS OUT THERE) I w/o on carpet so anybodys KB has to be modified a bit because the surface isnt made for proper set up for kicks. At the bay I w/o on a formica floor and actually can do all the KB kicks pretty flawlessly. Amy also DOES have a modifier in all her workouts (PLEASE CATHE!) I think the people really complaining about all of it are the ones w/ personalities that just have to do exactly what the instructor is doing... Since I dont think that way none of it is an issue for me. I am not competitive with a video instructor and other than my Corporate America days I have never been competitive in much of anything. ****jumps off soap box now!*** Oh WAIT NEEDS TO JUMP ON AGAIN REAL QUICK! I really dont like all the constant complaining & negativity that just goes on for weeks about the whole issue...dont buy her stuff if you dont like it..drop it!**** jumps back off***

Can ya tell I'm in a mood this AM?x(

Amy: {{{{{{amy}}}}}}}} Glad you took extra rest day... your body may still be "off" considering how sick you were! Sent you pm this am. Pis can be a TON of work... Thank heavens for Cool Whip Free & Pie filling!

Buffy: Great job dealing w/ all those holiday baskets @ work! BTW: Best investment I ever made was my 2# kickbox gloves. Perfect for drill type work but a bit too heavy for crazy cardio/boxing moves... can throw your neck out in a flash! Still loved Kenpo yesterday (3rd round of it) and looking forward to it being on the rotation all weeks of P90

Cheryl: Drill Max sounded awesome- not sure I could have done TM run the next day... Hope the rest of your holiday week is hassle free!

Teddygirl {{{{tg}}}}}}} Great job w/ P90 & jog yesterday! You are focused!

Lori: Best of Wishes for a successful WI today! Love KPC.. its a great calorie burner!!!

Sandra: AWESOME workout as always. RE; To do list... maybe think of it as JUST a list. Whats on it that if not accomplished will cause major negative consequences? Do those and all the rest is just "stuff". BUNDLE UP !!! You sound like you are in for a tough few days.... stay safe too! Dont think I'd ever leave the house if I lived where it snowed!

Marcia: pm'd ya back! AWESOME WT LOSS! Stay fcused on that vacation and you'll make great choices!

Good morning,

I wanted to wish Traci a GREAT HOLIDAY, as she's going to be leaving us soon. We're going to miss you! Try not to do this too often, okay? :) Thanks for dubbing tomorrow a turkey day for us Canucks. We've been invited to a friend's house for supper, but I don't think she's making anything elaborate, or that it's connected in any way to the American TGiving. You have a great attitude about food and fitness. Thank you for sharing with us.

This morning I plan on doing GS Legs, but have decided to do some academic work now (5:30am), and do the leg workout when DD has her nap (10am). I hope she actually sleeps today. I did this yesterday, and of course she only napped for maybe an hour, so I ended up having her accompany me while I did the GS BSB workout. Since our basement isn't baby-proofed, this made the workout take twice as long. Oh well, it got done, and it will get done today, too.

We have a ton of fresh snow this morning. Anyone want to go sledding??

Have a great day,
Sandra

Good morning,

I feel so wonderful today. I finished my final last night, it was hard. But, I believe in my heart I got a B+ or C+ I’m okay with that. It feels a little strange not having to bring my tax book to work. I’m free x( x( :p

No, workout this morning :9 My X BF surprised me yesterday, he popped up at my job wanting too take me out to dinner before my final ;) that was speicial, we went to Apple B’s I ordered from the WW side.

When he picked me up after my class we went too celebration, I had 3 glasses of wine :9 :9 and nice conversation. Once I got home I had the munchies big time, I started with chocolate chip cookies, than chocolates and what ever else I could find to munch on, that continued all night ;( :eek: :eek: :eek: x(

But its okay, I have been eating really clean, I’m back on track this morning. Another nice surprise, we’re only working 4 or 5 hours today, happy dance :) :)

Today’s workout, cardio first, than B&G. I don’t have internet service at home cant talk to you guys until Monday ;( Happy Thanksgiving!

Tracie - have a great time ;) ;)

Sandra - GS Legs ouch, enjoy :D had to edit I thought you said l&g

Teddygirl~

Good Morning!

Traci - Safe travels to the Bay.

Teddygirl - Congrats. on that last final. Boy do I remember those days and how freeing it feels to be done.

I ended up doing 1 hour of P90X yoga last night. I got cold out in my gym after awhile even though the heater was on and I had to quit. I liked it. Not a huge yoga fan but sometimes I do get into it.

This morning I did P90X arms and shoulders. I love this workout (I know I say that about all P90X). Feeling it already. I upped my weights a bit. Before this week I hadn't been writing down the reps and weights on my worksheet. For those of you doing the P90X rotation, Tony is right. Write it down. It will help you do a more efficient workout and also you will know when its time to up your weights.

Yesterday I had the munchies all day. After dinner I was still hungry so I had two pieces of raisin bread. I couldn't figure out what was going on until TTOM came, 1 week early. Not a problem though, at least I only had one day of PMS. Used a few flexies but hey, that's what there for, right?

Have a great day all.

Buffy

Buffy, isn't P90X great, I love Shoulder & Arms too. I write it down and I noticed in P90 C&B I'm doing more push-up amd I'm getting stronger ;)

Hi, everyone!

Traci, where exactly do you live? I forget -
Yoga sounds great - but I'd add in some cardio,too (heh, heh)
I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Buffy, wow, great workout!!

Sandra, you too --

Teddygirl, great job on the final and at AppleBees... bummer on the TTOM mini-binge. I think TOM travails are epidemic this week! I'm feeling it, too.

I had B&G on the schedule today, thinking I'd always put it on Wednesdays, but noticed that BodyMax is on Cathe's rotation... so I decided to do it. 97 minutes! And a good upper body workout, which I want. I love B&G, but I think I may rotate it in and out with a couple of other lower body focused workouts week to week so I don't get burned out on it.

Traci, I gotta be good - I want to catch up with you on the WI!!

I'm going to try to behave tomorrow. One dessert, but will eat healthy at the Thanksgiving feast. It's going to be low-key at our house so I can manage that.

Have a great morning, everyone! I'll check back in after BodyMax -

Cheryl

Hi again Gang:
Sandra: How you do academic work @ 5 am is BEYOND ME! You must be an Einstein! Enjoy GS legs and dinner w/ friends

TGirl: WOOHOO on finals! I had cjoc chip cookies last night as well....Certainly IS something in the air!

Buffy: LOL We are definitly the P90X cheerleaders! I love the tracking (have never tracked wts before) By end of 3rd week I was lifting 2-4 pounds heavier.

Cheryl: I live in Houston (mini Los Angelas) our little bay house is about 90 miles south on the gulf coast. A wonderful haven where we will probably eventually retire...15 years probably. We have a phone & satellite cable but vowed not to take computers as DH would work and I'd never get to enjoy the great outdoors! We are both computer addicts! Enjoy BM - still a killer for me after a year of Cathe!

Will check in 1 more time before I head out- hope to cathch the rest of gang!

Man, I think that the binge monster is making his rounds this week!

Teddygirl- Congrats on finishing the final, I know that's a HUGE weight off your shoulders!!! Don't worry about the binging....I didn't admit that my binge the other night was the entire box of Teddy Grahams, peanut m&ms, pizza, garlic cheese bread, caesar salad and 3 glasses of wine! I guess that it truly would have been an all-out binge if I had broken out the cool whip for those teddy grahams!!! Keep up the great work!

Sandra- you are kidding about the Binge Monster Cookbook....they are truly creative cooks! I hope that you are able to enjoy Turkey Day II with us tomorrow!!

Buffy- sorry you couldn't finish the yoga. I can't imagine having to have a space heater in the gym, but I envy you your dedicated workout space!

Marcia- Yea, YOU!! Congratulations on the loss!!! I think that I will probably find a portion of what you lost this week, but that's okay. Like Traci said, it's only food and only weight.

I am feeling much better today. I don't know what the deal was yesterday. Part of it, I think, was that I slept horribly over the weekend (like 3-4 hrs on Saturday and Sunday, each) and when I get overly tired, I can't function well, physically, mentally, or emotionally. So, yesterday turned out to be another rest day....literally!!! This morning, the sun was out when I woke up and the coffee is flowing, and I feel good!

Traci- you can hop on your soapbox anytime, dear!!! I just can't imagine why people need to hash and rehash stuff. My mom calls this "analyzing to paralyzing" something! How true!!!

Ok gang- off and running for a few days.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{WW GANG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks for being the best check in group EVER! See you Sunday!

Bye Traci, and have a great holiday!

I had a GREAT weigh-in today. My binge was last Sunday, and last WI, I gained 2 lbs. Today I lost 2 1/2, so the 2 I gained, and another 1/2 lb. I was very glad!! Probably some is water, but I don't care, I am just glad to see it gone! The board at our meeting said the new program was going to start Dec 17th. I had heard the 10th?? I asked the receptionist about it, but she did not know.

Well Cheryl, I will do Butts & Guts for your today. That is on my rotation for today. I am doing Cathe's Look Great for Summer rotation.

Somebody asked me why I did not like P90X?? My arms looked really good when I did it for about 6 weeks, but I just could not continue with it. I really don't know why?? I got sick of it, I guess. I have sold some Cathe's, and been sorry and rebought them back, but I never felt that way about P90X.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!! I am going to do MM UB, and the cardio from C&W's before we go to dinner. The rotation does not call for cardio, but I feel I need a little extra "OOMP!"
Lori

Traci - Bye, have fun.

Amy - Yeah, I have a gym that used to be a part of the garage. DH sectioned it off and he and his friend finished it with moldings, recessed lighting, nice paint job; just beautiful. I really love it. But, although they put in the electric wiring for wall heaters, because they built it in the summer, they never got around to actually installing the heaters. I think I'm going to have to get on their case the finish it. I hate to be cold and I live in Vermont.

Teddygirl - I absolutely love P90X. It's such a big suprise to me because I really didn't think I would. I know Tony bothers some people, but not me. The workouts are just so great and well thought out. My muscles are showing up in ways I never thought possible and I'm only in the middle of my third week. Can't wait to see how I look at the end of the 12 week rotation.

Buffy

Yeah, Lori, on the B&G! Love it, love it, love it!

All my Cathe's except for the new ones I've bought off eBay or the swap, so it hasn't been such a horrible investment. They do seem to hold their value well. The things I've been selling off lately are P90X Core Synergistics, Firm Yoga, and the longest two Slim Series - and I also sold off Ab Ripper 100 and 200.

I want to own every Cathe except the beginning/intermediates, and I will pre-order anything else she does!!! With the collection being all new to me, I'm in heaven.

Great job on the WI.

I'm hoping to be very good tomorrow - maybe one dessert, but healthy on everything else and a good run in the morning before cooking.

Who's with me???

Have a great day, everyone!!!
Cheryl

Cheryl – Thank you, so glad I’m done enjoy Body Max I haven’t done that one yet, but heard it’s a toughie, enjoy :9

Amy- Have you ever tried ff whip cream I freeze the container, taste like ice-cream I take 2 Tbsp put between 1 sheet graham crackers, for a deli ice-cream sandwich, so yummy only 2 pts. Now, repeat after me, NO more Binge Monsters lol Have great weekend

Buffy – yeah I know, I was into my thrid week and was getting complements from people. I believe its the push up. Tomorrow I’m doing S&A I love Tony :p Keep up good work

Lori – congrats on the weight lost, I can see you smiling. Enjoy your workout today

Tracie – Bye-Bye hurryyyyyyy back ;(

Well, guys I’m out, not really, hanging around waiting for mail man, I'm suppose to get jari DVD today.

Darn it, I missed Traci - hope she has a great holiday weekend.

It's been nutso for me - I just finished preparing an employee group benefits proposal to our board of directors. They want to save money even if it means charging the employees more or cutting benefits. Well I found a way to save money on the company side, give the employees more benefits and it will only cost a little more to the staff. Keep your fingers crossed that it flies. This one's been keepig me up at night.

I did B&G this am, yesterday was 45 min on the TM with CC. Tomorrow will be some kind of cardio, not sure yet what.

Munchies have been making their way around it sounds like. I got them yesterday too while cleaing out some cabinets. I felt the need to taste test every open container I found. May I recommend that you never eat a garlic crouton immediately after a cinnamon graham cracker and chocolate chips. Not a good combination!!

I'll try to get back later for personals, look like I've got lots of catching up to do!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Teddygirl- I should purchase stock in FF cool whip, I eat so much of it!!! But not as much as I used to!

Okay, so here's what I decided to make for the dinner tomorrow:

Not Yo' Mama's Banana pudding (from Paula Deen originally, modification by me)

2 bags Pepperidge Farm ChessMen cookies
6-8 bananas sliced
2 c milk (FF of course, ;))
1 5 oz box of FF/SF vanilla instant pudding
1 8 oz pkg RF cream cheese (FF is too nasty!)
1 14 oz can FF sweetened condensed milk
1 12 oz container FF whipped topping

Line the bottom of 9x13 dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer with bananas. In a bowl, mix the milk with the pudding and blend well with hand mixer. In another bowl, combine cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until well combined, then add the pudding. Pour mixture over the cookies and banana and top with remaining cookies. Refrigerate until well chilled and ready to serve.

I think that when I ran this through WW recipe calculator several years ago, it came out to be about 4-5 points per serving (but they were pretty large servings) down from 8-10 pts per serving.

Man, the grocery store was Whack-a-doodle today! Here in the south, deep fried turkey is popular, and actually not bad for you! If you don't eat the skin, there really isn't any added fat to the turkey as long as you maintain your oil at the proper temperature range...and it's super quick, too! You can deep fry a 15 lb turkey in about 48 min!!!

Today was the Cardio Blast premix from BM2! I was able to do the entire thing on 1 riser, which I was very happy about. I think that I am almost back!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.