Weight Watchers CheckIn 10/4 Wednesday!!!!

I'm Back- My goodness we are chatty kathy's!!!!!!
You guys are the best! I so loved catching up on your posts...

CORINNE: I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!! Yes we need you here! To many "life crazies" w/out you PLEASE get us all back on track! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

TEDDYGIRL: Awesome rest! Your body must be lovin' you & I bet your brain power is stronger than ever so now you can REALLY study! Way to go on NSV.

AMY: What can I say girl except give yourself a huge HUG from houston! You and DH certainly seem like you have been through some rough times, I commend you ... marriage is alot of work on good days and physical pain and limitations can play havoc ... blessings to you guys. So happy you have Claude who's been thru what you are going thru w/ your dad... amazing how the higher powers bring people together in this big world isnt it?
I MUST know about your new 5 disc DVD!!!! I want one so badly but am challenged in programming area.... was it easy ? What make & model is it?

KIRSTEN: Hope you have a glorious day!

Jennifer: I was able to stick to PTs at Steakhouse by following lots of what I've read from you guys... I ate a protein bar before going so I wasnt starving, I allowed myself to TASTE everything in very small portions, I kept affirming that the dinner was about celebrating my friends 50th bday and NOT the food. I think all of you have written that stuff in past couple of months... Its sinking in! THANK YOU OH WISE ONES! BTW: Do I hear a Canadian vacation in your future????

SANDRA: KUDOS on the AM workouts!!!!!!! Not an easy feat w/ children and studying! I am so happy you found a strategy that will work for you.... just 21 days until its a habit! You Go Girl!

BUFFY: I am amazed that you did YOGA with those teeth! Didnt your mouth hurt when you put your head in downward positions? You're tough! Hope you continue to heal quickly.

CLAUDE: SOOOOOOOO Sorry about moms ankle! It is so terribly hard on all when parents have stuff going on... 5 years ago my parents started having "aging medical stuff" and it really rocked my world... They were always the youngest parents (started having us at 18) so my view of them is Forever young... I left the same city as them when I was 18 so I never really watched them age... then BOOM all sorts of stuff started happening. Still trying to wrap my mind around how they are aging and I'm not! hmmmmmmmm
Now dont go buying more PB and cool whip & graham crackers... although its sounding pretty darn good to me this morning!

JANE & KAREN: WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!
Jane Congrats on making goal! Great job on your self talk at the mall! KAREN: New to Cathe...ahhhhhh I agree, I'm a little envious of the "cathe firsts" you'll be experiencing. Way to go w/ wt loss as well.... We are all so happy to have you both!

BTW: I have some Cathe VHS (new) if any of you want them at no charge... just email me if you want titles... I started w/ Cathe buying VHS because of cost but once I knew I was hooked I upgraded all to DVDs so I have a few just gathering dust.

BEST WEDNESDAY OF THE YEAR to all !!!!
BBL:D

Oh Shoot I forgot my plan again! lololol

Today is a REST day- well from Cathe anyway....
LAWNMAX + Ab Hits I didnt do yesterday (ok I get to sneak in a little cathe)...
Preparing for our 10 day vacation to the bay! I leave Friday mid day... Gotta get all my DVDs and stuff together as I have BIG PLANS!
Oh YES... A big coffee day!!!! Thats pretty normal for me tho':D

Good morning Traci and all who follow!!!

Enjoy your rest day, Traci. You've earned it. 10 day vacation, woohoo!!! I'm so jealous.

I wimped out on yoga last nite. My tooth was not doing so well and I need to get home and take some meds. Didn't feel too well this morning either. Hoping to feel better tonite and I'll do a short run. Maybe Cardio Coach #2. It's nice and (relatively) easy. Also, I'll do abs from MM. Love that one.

Did well on eating yesterday. 20.5 points. I have to say, I was hungry. I'm sure I'll get used to eating less. I envy you all that need to eat more to lose; I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I'm not one of those people. To lose, I need to eat less. Oh well, knowledge is golden.

Have a great OP day!!!

Buffy

Good Morning chatty Cathes!!!!

Thanks for all the hugs, well wishes and support!!! I know that dad will do fine, it's just getting the treatment decisions out of the way right now and getting on what what he's decided. He already knows that if he has the surgery (which he's leaning against), I will be up there for a couple of days (too late to get time off from work).

Corinne- thanks! I will keep your email and if I have any questions I will let you know! I found lots of really good information on the internet the other day, it's just weird talking to your dad about stuff "down there", you know??? That's just not dad/daughter topics, even if I am a nurse!:D

Jane- Congratulations of the WI, good luck with striving for lifetime!!! I know that it's a hard struggle!

Karen- Welcome to the wonderful world of Cathe!! She will make you hurt in places you didn't know you had, sweat like you didn't know you could, smile about it and beg for and go back for more!!!:7

Claude- I hope that your mom is doing okay. I know what you mean about the restrictions being the hardest! I had a great aunt once that had to go to the hospital for surgery and her greatest concern was, and I quote, "But who will drive all the old ladies around?" (she was 89 herself!!!)

Sandra- Congrats on the am workout! Talk about juggling!!!

Jennifer- Keep up the good work! When is your next run?

Traci- I am sorry that your patient tested your patience! I hope that it all went okay, though. I hope you have fun on your vacation!!! Are you taking a computer? We will miss you terribly if not!!! I have temporarily boycotted LawnMax! Oh, and I need to do abs today as well, I forgot to do them after RS last night. Oh, I was going to ask you if you ever got the tennis ball for your feet? I did just to help stretch them out and keep one under the computer desk. The 5 disk changer is still a learning experience right now. I have yet to try and program it, but if not, I can still skip disks and stuff, so it will still be easier than one at a time! It's a Panasonic and we got it at Best Buy (for $125, because they matched the Circuit City price + an additional 5% off).

Today is a circuit-y thing day. I may add some GS upper body if I am up to it. I got an unplanned flu shot yesterday when I took DH to the doctor's, so my arm is a bit tender, but we'll see how it goes.

Good morning, ladies!!

Traci: as I said, you are my hero :). We ended up changing plans for tomorrow and will be going to another restaurant--at least they have more reasonable items there. Besides, I need to be carbo-loading right now anyhow LOL.

Buffy: I second Traci--wow, you did yoga after tooth surgery??

Amy: my next run will be the actual half. Meep!! That's this Sunday. I'm not going to work out until then (except for LOTS of stretching, but not even yoga--even that could be too strenuous right now and I need to be resting my body). I'm praying for no rain. I do NOT want to run 13 miles in the rain. Bah.

I'm off to a work trip so I won't be able to check in for a few days. Talk to you guys soon!

Jennifer

BUFFY: You are certainly NO WIMP! Don't push it right now... even tho surgery was in your mouth your entire body goes thru trauma when theres pain... you may not feel it cuz of pain pills but the body still has it.... Just focus on your points and eating lots of 0 point soup! HUNGRY- YUCKY FEELING! {{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}

AMY: Thanks for info on DVD player... maybe yet another item for Christmas list! No I wont have computer access for 10 days... Gotta tell you its terrifying me! No accountability and lots of cheap burger joints as retaurant options AND TTOM! Oh Gosh I'm really getting afraid now!!!

JENNIFER: You are VERY ambitious doing yet another 1/2 marathon so soon! I loved my old running days and could carbo load..... cant do that anymore! I smell a carb and I blow up! lolol

Well apparently I was the sleepy head this morning, not seeing this checkin, despite looking for it.

Don't know if you guys caught my other post, but this am was GS legs - the whole work out and I just KNOW I'm going to feel it tomorrow. It totally fried my legs. I think it's the first work out where I called Cathe an evil name!!! (Forgive me Cathe, it was the slow motion lunges that made me do it) :)

Traci - I know what you mean about aging parents - my dad had a heart attack about six years ago and that started a downward spiral for him for a while, all sorts of problems. He's doing fine now but it seemed like he aged twenty years in that short time period. Fortunately, mom seems to be doing fine considering everything. She is actually listening to the doc and taking it easy so far.

Amy - I love your great aunt - that's what I want to be like at 89!! (How's your DH feeling - has the pain finally subsided?)

Jeenifer - I envy you being able to run so much - my joints just don't hold up to the constant pounding. Old age is so much fun.

Buffy - cardio coach today?? Are you nuts? Like Traci said give your mouth and body time to recover. But if you're really up to it, go for it you crazy lady!

To everyone else - hope your have a great OP day!!

Happy Wednesday!

Claude
"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Claude- Did catch your other post & wanted to make sure you knew how totally IMPRESSIVE it was doing GS Legs in early AM!!!! I really gotta get w/ the weights program as I really cannot imagine waking up w/out cardio & then to have it be LEGS....goodness that is just asking alot of the old bod here!

Today I had a meeting and I drank water throughout it!!! Yay, I said no to muffins, chocolate croissants and bagels with cream cheese. It took me a month to find my groove at work, and I think I have found it. I'm still having troubles to find time to WO, but I really believe I'll get it soon, like Traci said, it takes 21 days for a habit to form, soooo, I need to be patient. On that note, does anyone have any tips for me to get my WO done at 5:15 in the morning. I am a morning person, but to me, thats early, lol, any suggestions or things you morning exercisers do that help you?

Amy, I completly understand about "the down there conversation". It's awkward and to my father, it was his pride too. But he got the prostate completly removed, because when they found the cancer, he was quite far along (I think he was a stage 7) so the best option for him was to get it removed.

Neways, I'm on my lunch break right now, so Ill come back on after to give more personals, cuz I have to call the boyfriend now, hehehehe. :)

Adios amigos

Corinne :)

Claude- I want to by like her as well!!! Congrats on the GS legs!! I have yet to even get that one yet!

Off to do some circuity thing with Step Blast/SJP (I accidentally called this Step, Bump, and Grind one day:p ) and weights. I think that there's a premix on there that's even longer than the actual SJP!

DH is doing much better. The doc gave him a couple shots (Toradol and Phenergan.....wonder drugs!!) that knocked him on his a$$ and he actually got to sleep!! He is actually able to interact and walk around today!!

Corinne- Dad said that he is grade/stage 3, so it's not too far along and he's leaning towards hormone therapy then radiation seeds (far less invasive!!!). I have taken care of patients that have had the radical prostatectomy before and their biggest issue is pain control because of how much the surgeons need to go through just to get to the prostate! I am glad that you dad is doing good!

Good Morning everyone!

Welcome to Jane and Karen.

Amy(((hugs)))

Workout wise I'm doing fine(it's always been easier for me to exercise; it's the dieting that is the problem). I did CTX Kickbox yesterday and I'm gearing myself up right now for CTX Leaner Legs(I haven't done this one in a LONG time but the pain I felt afterwards is still fresh in my mind ;))

Last time I did WW it was in 2003 after the birth of my son. I had lost 25 pounds, weight came off consistently when I was nursing and came to a grinding halt when I quit nursing(when he was 14 months). I have gained back 16 pounds. I am always STARVING(and cranky) when I diet and it never seems to go away. Anyone have any tips on what has helped them? Don't say eat more vegetables, someone said that to me once, I can eat buckets of veggies and they don't fill me up at all:p

Have a great day everyone!!
Kim

Hi Corinne!
The best advise I can give for AM workouts is to get up- put on workout clothes - go get coffee-tea-juice (whatever your thing is) then go straight back in w/o area and get to it.... My biggest downfall is when I let myself get preoccupied before doing it. I'm up at 4am and allow myself until 7am to get to it but I still put my w/o clothes on first thing... I can wait til 7 since I dont have to be anywhere in AM.
FABULOUS job w/ "finding your work groove!" That was always most difficult for me! High 5's

AMY: <<<<Off to do some circuity thing with Step Blast/SJP (I accidentally called this Step, Bump, and Grind one day ) and weights. I think that there's a premix on there that's even longer than the actual SJP!>>>
YEAH BABY!!!! SJP Premixes are KILLER! SBG...hmmmmmmmmm sounds like fun!
}(

KIM: I feel your pain .... I can eat veggies all day long and it DOES help hunger go away but not my blood sugar! I NEED FOOD!!!!!
1 TBL Peanut Butter + 1 String Cheese + an apple helps me to feel satisfied....A Chicken breast (plain) also helps me... I know not 0 points but starving or feeling hungry is a signal to me that you just need more food... Keep it unprocessed and I think the extra points won't hurt you... just my .02 and only you know your body.

Hi all,

Going to have to keep this brief today:

- have a cold. Got it from spending too much time kissing a sick baby.

- stayed on track with points yesterday. Today looks good, too.

- this morning I did KickMax w/u and combos; High Step Challenge Timesaver #2 and stretch. Great workout. Highly recommend it.

- haven't done any academic work today. Had to use Baby's nap time to have a shower, because I ran out of time after my workout this morning. I spent too much time searching for my band that DD#1 and her friend had played with. Some days I want to give my children away.

- dilemma: am always starving by 11am, despite eating a pre-workout snack and a good breakfast. Ate at 11:15 today, but now wonder how I'm going to get to 5pm with only one measly snack. Okay, actually am wondering how I'm going to get to snack time.

- there's an interesting thread on the open forum that might interest this group. It's about defining your goals, and what to do once you've reached them. It's called "When is it enough?".

- have a crockpot full of lentil and ham soup simmering in the crockpot. Smells delicious.

- just bought a small cookbook called "Fall Foods." Drooling just looking at the pictures. There's a brown-sugar sweet-potato tart that's 620 calories per tart. Help!

- hopefully will be back later to do some personals.

Jane - AWESOME job on reaching your goal weight!!!!

Sandra

>>>>>>>Crawling back into thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Okay, that was a killer!!! I did the 85 min SB/SJP/weight circuit. I realized today that I don't do so well with hi/lo. I am find with step, but that hi/lo always gets my feet tangled up!!!x( Anyway, I also added the core section of BC on to the end.....I want to be like Traci when I grow up!!!:p }(

Traci- My nick names for that tape is Step Beast and SBG (seems fitting, you think?)

Sandra- I hope that you feel better soon from kissing on a sick baby!
Hmmm, starving my 1100. I am finding that I actually do okay on the starving front since I started eating my APs. I also found a recipe on another site that has oatmeal and egg whites (they say it tastes like french toast) that keeps people satisfied for hours. Hang on, I will find it and BRB......

Okay, I found it. It sounds a little strange, but I am willing to try it. In fact, someone else came up with cooking the oatmeal on the stove, you can just stir the egg whites into the oatmeal raw and they will cook with it together.
Here it is, although I can't vouch for the point value:

1 serving old fashioned oatmeal - plain (1/2 cup dry measured = 1 cup fully cooked)..add 1 tsp cinnamon and 3 packets of splenda. I put 8oz of water and then stick in microwave for 2:10 min...depends on how powerful or not powerful your microwave is. When it's done, take out of the microwave and let sit until it cooks itself.

Cook separately - 4 egg whites scrambled - I sprinkle cinnamon on the top - you will see why in a second. Do not add anything else to the egg.

Cut the egg up into small bites and mix into the cooked oatmeal...stir and eat. I swear it tastes like french toast. It gives you a good start in the day.

HTH!

Hey guys... just a few quick things, I just got off work and need to get busy on CircuitMax.

Sandra - suggestion--- keep the children and GIVE AWAY THAT COOKBOOK LOL....

Learned something interesting at the WW meeting and my SIL, who has done WW for a while now, had never heard it either.

You are suppose to eat ONLY 4 your of AP per day no matter how many you earn and no more than 28 a week. Have any of you heard this at your meetings. This was told by one facilitator at the meeting my SIL had to go to on Tuesday morning because she couldn't go to our regular p.m. meeting due to a conflict. I verified this with the facilitator who was at the p.m. meeting. Both of them said this was the way you are suppose to count them.

Edited to add.... if you go over your daily alloted points and earn exercise points, you count only 4 AP and the rest flex. Say if you earn 7 AP and eat 6 over your daily point allowance, you count 4 AP and have to count the other 2 as flex points

Hello all! I don't have much time so I'll just say hi and I hope you are all doing well. I will try to get back and take care of personals later.

Jane... I did want to say that I don't necessairly agree with the 4 AP per day limit.

The fact is that your body needs fuel. Especially if you are doing weorkouts as intense as Cathe's. I am not saying the leader is wrong but I think it is different for everyone.

I do think that we sould all look to the get the biggest bang for our point buck. I try so very hard not to eat junk but instead use those AP's for the good stuff like dairy or whole grains.

Okay that was longer winded than I meant to be. I'll check back soon, chickas.

:7

Jane:
On WW.com I heard these same things so I contacted customer service who said That is absolutely not a WW policy. Her exact words were:
"WW believes that if you are accurately calculating your APs your body needs all of them, and also WW policy firmly believes in the use of APs and flex points; that is why they are part of the program"

I think that in meetings (I went a few years ago) the big debate comes from that most people mis calculate APs... They give them self too many and tend to "undercount" points eaten (all those little tastes here and there)

I am not saying at all to not listen to your team at WW I am saying that I checked it out with WW themselves and was clearly told that was someones opinion not part of the plan.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.