Weight Watchers Check-In WEDNESDAY 9/27

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning to all!!!!

DH home late tonight... I'm so excited! As hard as adjusting to marriage was 5 years ago after being single for 38 years I SURE LOVE MY HUBBY! (shhhhhhhh dont tell him...)

Back is really sore this morning from 4 hours of finishing yard! and I guess the 2 + hr work out plays a bit too! Todays plan is:
Cardio Coach 3 (40min) + LowMax (50 minute of some kinda combos) + 20 minutes Ab Hits.... Grocery Store + Petstore + Cleaning = 1 pooped lady by the time DH gets home!

Claude: I had to tend to all the weeding after 3 months of hot humid excuses... I had to hoe out all the mulch, lay down that black stuff that keeps weeds from growing, put new mulch on top, prune all the palm trees and prop up my lemon tree which is falling to ground because lemons are so heavy.... I love gardening except when I let it go so long!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on the weights! I get so excited when I hear things like this! It really does mean that we grow stronger during REST/RECOVERY bouts!!!! What a thrill for you!!!
Forgetabout the cookies! Sounds to me like you did very little "damage"....

Amy: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can only dream about an exclusive workout area! ... We are planning for MAJOR downsizing in retirement years (next time we move) and no basements in Texas! Guess I'll keep it all in the bedroom... but I do keep thinking about how I re-arrange things so I have more room to step! Slammed my hand into door arch last week doing a jump..... ouchie on the pinkie!

Funny you guys are talking about Xmas lists.. I have mine on my desk and all it has on it are the Club Size Step w/ Risers and High Step (now I use smaller step and my Firm transformer) as equipment... I also want a real barbell (I use a Danskin Ladies now) but not sure its worth the cost as I'm not a big lifter......

GREAT DAY TO ALL! Back later to see how everyone is!

Good Morning, Ladies!!

Well, it's a little too soon to tell, but I think that this increase points thing is maybe starting to work (fingers crossed). And they're right, it takes about 4-6 weeks for it to kick in as this is week #4. Anyway, after the scale going up and up and up for the last 3 weeks, today (no official mind you) I was down #2 from last week! Interestingly enough, with the scale on the upward swing (to the tune of about 5-6 lbs!) there was no difference in how my clothes fit! Also I am on that new BCP that only gives you a TTOM every 3 mos and that starts next week (week #5) so it should make for a very interesting week, next week!!! Sorry if that was TMI....I don't have anyone here I talk to everyday about that stuff, especially not as into exercise as we all are!!!

Traci- Sounds like a good job done!!! I have to get out and clean up a couple of landscape islands in the yard, as well. It's been too hot for most of the summer, and the cool front that we are enjoying has been just to enjoyable!!!LOL...I hope that you don't push yourself if your back is bothering you today. Because of DH's HORRIBLE back (7-8 surgeries on it), he always gets scared when I say my back hurts, so I have taken to say that my back is "tired" when I get achey. Wording is everything!!! We don't have basements in Florida, either, most of them would be indoor, underground pools!!! I am glad to hear your DH got home safely. Did he have a good time?

I have a real barbell on my Christmas list as well. I have been using dumb bells and an #18 Body bar (you know, that used feel pretty heavy a couple of months ago, I just don't know what happened?). About the cost, Traci, all the barbell sets I have looked at tend to be around $60, so there's really not a lot of cost involved.

Today is something circuit-y again. I may attempt BC, or something along those lines, but who knows......when the divine inspiration hits......

Morning,

Yesterday, I did Kick Max :p I haven’t done in awhile and it wiped me out :eek: x(

Tonight, I really need to study, so at this time not sure if I am going to workout. But, if I do, thinking either low max or GS legs or MM.

Teddygirl~

Morning everyone -

Well today is going to be a rest day. I couldn't sleep last night, didn't get to into bed until well past 1 am (I'm usually out like a light before 11) and still tossed and turned. There was no way I was going to try to get a workout in at 5 am on less than 4 hours sleep. Tonight is open house at my DD's high school plus today is a work day so that means no workout.

Amy - You gotta have somewhere to discuss those matters. This forum works. I'm on a similar program except I'm on 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Best decision I ever made. I used to get hormone related migranes that would last for 2-3 days and I had mood swings that were downright scary. DH has earned a place in heaven putting up with me for so many years. But now, I'm a much nicer person to live with (at least according to DH).:)

Traci - Your yardwork sounds intense. We pulled out ALL the bushes in our front yard last fall because everything was so overgrown that pruning would not have been enough. We started filling in with new shrubs and flowers on one side of the yard, but didn't quite get to the front of the house yet. I keep having to go back and re-weed because we haven't filled the space up with anything!

Teddygirl - have fun studying! The hardest part is always getting started.

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige:)

Please tell me I’m wrong.

I just plugged in 2 Tbsp of the reduce fat Peanut Butter and it said 5 Points, is this right? }( }(

Teddygirl~

Teddygirl- you're right, 2 TBS is 5 points whether it's reduced fat or regular fat. I use Peter Pan whipped creamy that is 3 pts for 2TBS. Sorry!!!!:-(

Claude- you sound like you caught the no-sleep bug I had last week!! Thanks for the support!

Thank you Amy ;) :) I had NO ideal and I love PP I keep a jar at work and home. Now, where do I find the whipped creamy PP?

Teddygirl~

I find it in a local grocery store. Albertson's is one that pretty nationwide. I don't know where you live, but here in the south, WinnDixie is another place I find it. It's in the section with all the other PB, you just have to make sure it says "Whipped" on it. It's a lot smoother and lighter than regular PB and easier to spread.

ETA- I was very thankful to have found it as well as much as I love PB, too!!! I usually buy it 3-4 jars at a time (but every few months).

I’m going to get me some this week, I love PP too. Its' time for me to REALLY get serious about getting these 5 lbs off.

I ran out a few minutes ago to get me a diary I’m logging everything I put in my mouth, I always kept one, been eating wayyyyyy to much. Its on! :D I was looking at myself while doing my w/o yesterday and boy things are slowly slipping away. Thank again Amy ;) ;)

Teddygirl~

Good morning,

Last night I did Power Circuit in its entirity. I rarely do a CTX workout from start to finish; usually just do the cardio one day, and do the CTX upper body split another day. I really like Power Circuit. It flies by really fast. And the plank work is great.

I think I stayed within my points yesterday, but I haven't added them up to make sure. I was really, really sleepy all day, which always makes me crave sugar and things cake and cookies (chocolate, primarily). Days like that are rough to get through, especially when you're home all day and bored.

Buffy - I love the way Cathe does plie squats in the Hardcore Series. More comfortable than with the barbell held in front of the shoulders. The shoulder segment of MM is excellent.

Traci - here's my CK/LL circuit workout. It runs about 85 mins:
CK warm up;
LL 1st set of squats to 2nd set of calf raises;
CK intermediate intensity (shuffles to jogging on the spot);
LL 2nd set of squats to end of leg work;
CK jogging on the spot to the end.

If you have another 20 mins, you can add on:
Push Pull inner and outer thighs; abs and supermans;
SuperSets abs; stretch.

Amy - that's a crack up about your brother and the shower curtain! Having two cakes is a great idea! Heck, when is having two cakes ever a bad idea? LOL! How did the anti-slip matting work? I will probably go pick some up this afternoon. Is DH disabled due to a back injury? My grandfather broke a vertabrae high in his neck and was a quadrapalegic (sp?) for 25 years. He passed away last April. It was a tough life for him.

Claude - my angel has a very devilish look in her eyes much of the time. Cookies are my weakness, especially chocolate ones. Oh heck, I think chocolate in general is my weakness. I'm addicted to caffiene, and don't get enough sleep at night, so any time I see anything with chocolate in it, I cave. High Five on the SH workout! I love, love, love that series. A couple of years ago I alternated it with the Pyramids, and really saw some nice changes in my upper body, especially my shoulders. You're going to love the Gym Styles. Just wait until you get to the slow static lunges....
}( }( }(

Teddygirl - It's amazing how much easier KM gets if you do it regularly. 2tbsp of regular PB would be 4-5 points. However, I find some brands of the reduced fat PBs aren't that much "lighter", so it's possible that the points aren't reduced. Especially since companies will often jack up the sugar content to compensate for the lower fat, and so the calorie count doesn't change that much.

Tonight I think I'll do SJP step + SB Challenge; and CTX chest and shoulders.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Happy Afternoon Ladies!

AMY: TMI- NEVER! I love getting to know everyone and I think alot of us like to share more than "just fitness" Its all a part of our lives and ultimately affects our workouts/eating anyway! YOU JUST KEEP SHARING!

CLAUDE: Have a wonderful "rest" day although sounds like you'll be running all day/evening. RE your bush project---- It takes me forever to finish those kinds of projects! DH is worse than I am so when he's gone I pick 1 major 1 and vow to getter done!

Teddygirl: I know you are being too hard on yourself! I'm sure you are still progressing w/ your goals and a little PB (ok alot) isnt going to undo it all! I go thru phases where I cant get enough of 1 particular thing ... then I see my body getting "mooshier" and I back off...

SANDRA: Thanks so much for the rotation! It looks delightfully painful!!!!! I will put it on the calendar at least 1 time a month for sure!!! Sleepiness done bring on those cravings !!! Try an alieve PM if you arent adverse to taking them... Have a great w/o tonight.

BUFFY: When you check in: HELLO!!!!!!!!!! Hope you're taking a little time for yourself these crazy days!

Okay Sandra- you are officially a genius!! That anti-slip mat works WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was little difficult wrestling out of the package and onto the floor and it stuck to my foot a couple of times, tripping me, but once I got the puzzle mats down, it worked like a charm!!!!
Yes, DH has had 7-8 surgeries on his back, mostly trying to relieve pain and pressure that having no discs between the vertebrae causes. Yes, there are supposed to be discs there, but his tends to just disintegrate for some reason, especially in the lower back. He now has titanium rods and screws holding his hips onto his spine. There are some days that he is hurting so much that he can't get out of bed.

Traci- Thanks for the support!!

I don't think that I am going to be attempting Sandra's mish-mosh anytime soon.....especially how I feel right now....lots noodley!!! I just finished Gauntlet (for the first time) and actually kept up with Cathe most of the way. I only missed about 4-5 of the Terminator push-up thingies!!! I am very proud of myself and very sweaty right now!!! Off to the shower the, scrounge for lunch. Speaking of food, I found turkey bratwurst at the grocery store (DH LOVES brats!!!) They were not greasy at all and they tasted really, really good and were 4 pts a piece. Of course, my homemade mustard didn't help;-)

Amy- Did you love GAUNTLET?????? I am a terminator groupie! >>>It was little difficult wrestling out of the package and onto the floor and it stuck to my foot a couple of times, tripping me,>>>> Oh Amy You need to become a writer! I'm crackin up!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Hello fellow WW'ers!!

Just a quick note today as I am super busy.

Did well yesterday with eating; stayed at 21 pts. On track today to stay between 21-23. Feeling a bit hungry today but trying to fight through it.

I didn't have much time this morning to work out as I had to get to court early. I did cardio coach #2. I felt like it was a decent but short workout. Oh well, something is better than nothing, right??? Have a few DOMS in the glutes, legs and chest from MM yesterday. I love feeling it the next day, makes me feel so accomplished.

Sounds like some awesome workouts today for you guys. Keep it up.

Buffy

I guess it comes from reading so much as a child! I had no interest in outdoor stuff (even though mom and dad finally kicked me out of the house for a couple of hours) growing up. I was perfectly content holed up in my room with my books (and high fat snacks, of course, which is why I am here today!).

Yes, I enjoyed Gauntlet, although the ending was a tad abrupt. One second I am jumping like a freakin' frog and the next I'm supposed to be sitting on the floor for a stretch! Major pause button action, there!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.