Weight Watchers Check In- Wednesday 9/20

It's hard to believe that I have been a Cathe Convert for 3 months already!!! I was looking critically at myself in the mirror yesterday before getting in the shower. It's amazing the changes that I can see in myself! The scale may not be moving, but I have started to notice more definition in my upper abdominals (heck they can actually be seen, now!!!) and my lat area. I used to have HUGE back fat rolls that were pretty disgusting. I don't have them any more, and I actually have to contort myself into a pretty strange twist to make them appear, even then, they don't very much. I still have lots and lots of work to do, but it's nice to see progress for yourself (which is hard when you look at yourself everyday)!

Yesterday, I just couldn't get the cotton out of my head nor the lead out of my a$$ and do anything. Tuesday is usually a pretty heavy cardio day for me, but it just wasn't happening. Today I think that I will put a circuit training thing on as well as a heavy upper body add on (got GS upperbody tapes in the mail yesterday). I also previewed the Terminator. WOW, is all I can say about that! It will be fun to see how close I am to trying those!

I hope you all have a good day, I will check in later!

Hey girls!!!!!!!!!!!! :) How are you doing???

Amy: Way to go, girl, no more fat back rolls - AWESOME :) :) :) What a great accomplishment, good job!!

I know you guys thought I fell of the earth, didn't you??? Or maybe I wasn't missed at all - very possible ;-) .

I need some help here - I have been trying to come up with a rotation to do, but just can't find a good fit. I teach step aerobics twice a week and go to a hi/lo and toning class once a week. So, I definitely need more weight work in there, but not sure what. I was thinking about doing a CTX rotation - that would give me some extra cardio to help burn this fat off and the toning to work the muscles. Any thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks - I hope everyone is doing well on WW. I'm doing Ok, but movement whatsoever on the scale or in my clothes, BUT I'm hanging in there.

Take care,
Marcia.

Marcias back! marcias back!!!! Of course you were missed! We kept saying.."WHERES MARCIA????"... So happy you are back on w/ us!
As far as rotation ideas w/ a little more weight work... what about Circuits? You could plan them around your step class days and Hi/Lo days... They are really great for leaning out a bit.
There is a "Circuits Only" Cathe rotation on her listing or you can just gather up all your circuits and do 1 every other day... Remember that alot of her stuff has circuit premixes as well so you can put together a great 6 week rotation thats varied. Holler if you want some help w/ what you've got...

Amy: Watching the Terminator DVD does indeed count for APs!!! Your HR probably zoomed up anticipating what you will be actually doing some day! CONGRATS on all the body changes you are seeing... I am so happy you are giving yourself kudos for that! I think you'll LOVE GS upeers! If you're gonna match w/ cardio may I suggest doing wts first... you may not have enough power left after a tough cardio and GS challenges muscles in a new way from most of Cathes stuff... ANd dont forget you can always turn LowMax into a circuit}( }( }( }( }(

Ok- my check-in...
Great day yesterday... by 3pm I felt the hormones leaving my body... My bloating is way down this morning and I have some energy... ate protein and veggies all day... no sugar no processed foods.... big time improvement over past week!
Today's Goals:
TJam Cardio Party 3 w/ weighted gloves + 20 minute Abs & Core on ball w/ medicine ball + Lawn mowing and weeding. Eating goal will be to mimick yesterday and stay away from sugars & processed foods.

Maybe we'll here from Jennifer today to see how her race went yesterday...
Talk later!

Yea!!! Marcia's back!!! Welcome back, girl!!! Good to see you!
Now, if we can just gather up all the other missing chick-a-dees!;-)

I had to laugh, DH went to Walmart (yes, by himself!) and came back with a prize (like he went hunting or something) for me. He was digging through the $5 bin and found a 2 disc set of Shelly McDonald Caribbean workout. Abs, buns and Thighs, and pilates/core. I have yet to watch them. Heck, for $5, it can't be all that bad, right?

I really need to get a barbell set! I just don't have the room for it! UGH!

Anyway, going to scrounge for food, then off to scrounge for a workout!

Yesterday went ok. I ate too much after dinner last nite but I was really hungry. I ended up eating my 20 plus 4 AP's; not too bad.

Today I did GS BSB. My arms are shaking. Haven't done this one in awhile. I'm trying to lift heavier weights and do less cardio. It's hard to get away from that cardio mindset especially when you have some stubbborn pounds that just don't want to leave.x(

I'm going to NYC this weekend to visit my DD and meet an old friend. Luckily neither one of them are into eating much. I'm always the one whose like, "hey, let's eat." I'm not planning on counting points but I'll try and be mindful of what I eat. We are staying in a hotel with a gym so I'm going to get up early and workout. They are both late sleepers and I'm up at the crack, so that may work.

Have a good day to all.

Buffy

Buffy: NYC how fun! I'm w/ ya on the weights thing... I KNOW that lifting will help rid these last 10 #s but I just cannot get away from the cardio... I started back on mainly circuits again and I'm going to stick w/ that for two full weeks and see what happens. My problem is I jump from here to there and dont stick w/ rotations which are really good for my body.... DISCIPLINE is what I must have. I just made a 14 day committment to a rotation out of New York Body Plan book (using Cathe's mainly)...
Also what I'm finding out in the fitness world... Slim Series (Beachbody) is 95% circuits... NYBP is 95& circuits.... Even some of P90X is circuit type work..... Can circuits be a link here??? They always seem to work for me I just gotta stick w/ them! With the new series coming out there are hundreds of new circuit potentials so i am truely excited and inspired again!

Buffy- I hope that you have a great weekend in NYC! But I'm going to miss my weekend buddy!!!;-) The last few weekends, it's been just you and me, girl! I won't begrudge you a trip to NYC, though! The one and only time I went there was with my roommate and we had a blast!!! We went and saw her brother in Les Mis (5th row seats, thankyouverymuch!!!), got to meet Christian Slater and saw Cyndi Lauper on the street coming out of the restaurant that we had had dinner at the night before. Now top THAT!;-)

Traci- I think that you may be onto something, there! I have been playing with the idea of changing to circuits, but am finding it so darn hard to get out of the current workout routine mindset (alternating cardio and weight days). How often are circuits recommended? Could I do one everyday and forget set weight days? That doesn't seem safe to me. HELP!;-)

Amy:
The way I've been able to do Circuits every day is if you make adjustments...
Circuit Day 1: Lower only (while cathe does upper you do additional lower)
Circuit Day 2: Upper Only (omit Lower and do more upper while Cathe does lower) OR Do all your wt segments as specific parts: Shoulders and Back only today, Biceps Triceps next day etc....
Its not a good idea to do circuits as is everday even w/ low wts... muscles still need to rest.
Its fine doing the circuits "as is" every other day tho

When I do this I DO NOT fast forward thru wt segments I'm not doing I just do additional wt work on the parts I'm working on that day.... Much simpler to just write what you're doing in a log book than explaining it! ha
Let me know if you need further clarification

EDITED at 935am central:
Slim Series does 2 circuit days in a row but she uses 3-8#s and very high reps in her wt segments...

Hey everyone -
I am swamped both at work and at home. So here goes a quick checkin - eating - bad. I made a vanilla cinnamon swirl cake with a can of diet soda (have you ever heard of this recipe before?) If you haven't, don't try it. It will kill all willpower and you'll end up eating the whole cake by yourself! Only kidding. The cake WAS delicious, very moist, 3 pts per serving (recipe makes 24 servings). But I had trouble, ok LOTS of trouble stopping at one piece. And eating cake just led me down the path of eating more sugary treats so I finally threw out the last three pieces just to get back in control.

Yesterday I went down and finally joined that local gym. I did a 30 min elliptical workout, tried some of the weight machines but ran out of time and didn't actually get a weight workout in. Tonight after dinner, the whole family is going to the gym to workout. I plan on doing cardio (finally going to try CardioCoach #3), DH is planning on a weight workout and I think DD is planning cardio too.

This AM I did L&G without back spasms - YEAAAA!! I lowered my weights on all the exercises because doing my WO's at the level I was at before seems to trigger those back spasms. I figured - ok so it's lower weight, at least I'll get THROUGH the work out. I just focused extensively on form.

Teddygirl - glad you had a great birthday!

Marcia - YEAAA!!!!!!! You're back! We missed you! I can't help you with rotations though, sorry. I haven't had any luck with those that I've tried, when I can actually stick to one. I'm going back to my alternating cardio and weights and seeing if that will get me back to where I was.

Amy - I actually believe that just reading Traci's cardio workouts count as points, therefore watching Terminator counts too! Congrats on seeing those changes in your body - it's your hard work that got you there!

Traci - I hear what you're saying about circuits, everyone seems to push them. But I have yet to find one that I'm in love with. I'm hoping the new Cathe DVD's find me a "match".

Buffy - GS is the next series I want to buy. Everyone says they're the best. But I don't have a barbell - do the workouts adapt to just dumbbells?

Sandra - saw your checkin yesterday - Welcome aboard! I did the same thing - set my goal as high as possible so I don't have to worry about paying again. I lost a total of 48lbs last year, gained about 3-4 back and am working on losing those again. Congrats on your new baby. It took me five years to even start losing weight, so kudos to you!

OK everyone, probably won't have time to check back so have a great Wednesday!!!! (So much for a quick checkin):p

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Claude: Your posts always make me smile!!!!!! HOORAY on a spasm free morning! you are definitely on the mend now.... High 5 to your family for all doing the gym together... what a wonderful family thing to do... talk about accountability!
I can smell your cinnamon swirl cake as I write! My goodness sweets are a binge starter.... I know for a fact I would have eaten the entire thing... last week I went thru 4 boxes of WW Snack cakes! At 1 point each I stayed in my points range but tummy bloat and cravings came on big time! No sweets for me until next ttom!
Thanks for taking time to let us know whats going on in your world... you really do make me smile!

Morning,

Party time has come to an end :-( ;) I had my last something.....something, yesterday Mr. Chicken that is ;) :p

Tomorrow, low max ;) ;) :p

Teddygirl~

Claude- Congratulations on NO Spasm!!!! That is an accomplishment in and of itself! I hear you about counting AP's by reading Traci's workouts! I actually felt like I was doing one today!

Okay, here's the run down of what I did today (let's see if I remember it all...) High Step Challenge (only slightly modified & no core), Gym Style B,S,B,C,&T (all timesaver version) and then pulled out a new FIRM (Ultimate Calorie Blaster)! Whew, all counted, it was about 2hr 45 min total (had to make up for not doing anything yesterday). I am SO worn out right now and my upper body is noodles!
Like I said, I felt like I pulled the Traci-workout straw today!!!:D

>Buffy- I hope that you have a great weekend in NYC! But I'm
>going to miss my weekend buddy!!!;-) The last few weekends,
>it's been just you and me, girl! I won't begrudge you a trip
>to NYC, though! The one and only time I went there was with
>my roommate and we had a blast!!! We went and saw her brother
>in Les Mis (5th row seats, thankyouverymuch!!!), got to meet
>Christian Slater and saw Cyndi Lauper on the street coming out
>of the restaurant that we had had dinner at the night before.
>Now top THAT!;-)
>
>Traci- I think that you may be onto something, there! I have
>been playing with the idea of changing to circuits, but am
>finding it so darn hard to get out of the current workout
>routine mindset (alternating cardio and weight days). How
>often are circuits recommended? Could I do one everyday and
>forget set weight days? That doesn't seem safe to me.
>HELP!;-)

Woah, Amy!!! I don't think I can top that, but you never know what's going to happen in NYC, especially with DH staying at home}( . LOL.

At least for you it should be easier to stay OP. I'm not too worried about the food, but, oh boy, the booze can be a killer.

Buffy

>Hey everyone -
>I am swamped both at work and at home. So here goes a quick
>checkin - eating - bad. I made a vanilla cinnamon swirl cake
>with a can of diet soda (have you ever heard of this recipe
>before?) If you haven't, don't try it. It will kill all
>willpower and you'll end up eating the whole cake by yourself!
> Only kidding. The cake WAS delicious, very moist, 3 pts per
>serving (recipe makes 24 servings). But I had trouble, ok
>LOTS of trouble stopping at one piece. And eating cake just
>led me down the path of eating more sugary treats so I finally
>threw out the last three pieces just to get back in control.
>
>Yesterday I went down and finally joined that local gym. I
>did a 30 min elliptical workout, tried some of the weight
>machines but ran out of time and didn't actually get a weight
>workout in. Tonight after dinner, the whole family is going
>to the gym to workout. I plan on doing cardio (finally going
>to try CardioCoach #3), DH is planning on a weight workout and
>I think DD is planning cardio too.
>
>This AM I did L&G without back spasms - YEAAAA!! I lowered my
>weights on all the exercises because doing my WO's at the
>level I was at before seems to trigger those back spasms. I
>figured - ok so it's lower weight, at least I'll get THROUGH
>the work out. I just focused extensively on form.
>
>Teddygirl - glad you had a great birthday!
>
>Marcia - YEAAA!!!!!!! You're back! We missed you! I can't
>help you with rotations though, sorry. I haven't had any luck
>with those that I've tried, when I can actually stick to one.
>I'm going back to my alternating cardio and weights and seeing
>if that will get me back to where I was.
>
>Amy - I actually believe that just reading Traci's cardio
>workouts count as points, therefore watching Terminator counts
>too! Congrats on seeing those changes in your body - it's
>your hard work that got you there!
>
>Traci - I hear what you're saying about circuits, everyone
>seems to push them. But I have yet to find one that I'm in
>love with. I'm hoping the new Cathe DVD's find me a "match".
>
>
>Buffy - GS is the next series I want to buy. Everyone says
>they're the best. But I don't have a barbell - do the
>workouts adapt to just dumbbells?
>
>Sandra - saw your checkin yesterday - Welcome aboard! I did
>the same thing - set my goal as high as possible so I don't
>have to worry about paying again. I lost a total of 48lbs
>last year, gained about 3-4 back and am working on losing
>those again. Congrats on your new baby. It took me five
>years to even start losing weight, so kudos to you!
>
>OK everyone, probably won't have time to check back so have a
>great Wednesday!!!! (So much for a quick checkin):p
>
>"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it
>doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hum, I think you could use GS with dumbbells only. The only problem I forsee is on some of the lower body workouts she goes up to 40 lbs. for squats, but, I suppose if you had 20 lbs. dumbbells you could just put a 20 on either shoulder and go. GS C&T doesn't use the barbell much and neither does BSB. I think you could adapt.

Buffy

Oh, BTW, I broke down and ordered all of Cathe's new DVD's on preorder and musclemax which I've been wanting for awhile. Just thought I'd confess my sins here. LOL.

Buffy

As long as we're confessing, I just ordered Imax 3 and Rhythmic step. Tee Hee!

Buffy- I LOVE Muscle Max!!!

Claude- I did GS today and I don't have a barbell. I am hoping that with enough hints, DH will get me one for Christmas! I haven't ordered the lower body one, but I think that I have enough lower body tapes right now with PLB, L&G, and Meaner Legs!}(

Good evening, everyone,

Amy - seeing progress is the best motivator in the world, isn't it? That's wonderful!! But my goodness, that was a super intense workout you did today. Do you eat all your AP? And how many AP did you give yourself for today?

Marcia - a CTX rotation would work very well with your schedule. And the weight work in that series is some of the best. Very thorough.

Traci - thank you for your warm welcome yesterday. Your plans for the day look quite ambitious. Going 24 hours without sugar is extremely difficult for me. I've done it, but I just don't find life worth living....}(

Buffy - have a great trip! I LOVE GS BSB. Maybe your hunger yesterday is from the heavier lifting? Sometimes people will say heavy lifting stimulates their hunger.

Gym Mom - the entire family going to the gym after dinner?? That's a great way to spend the evening! Maybe when my kids get older we can do that sort of thing. Right now we try to go, as a family, to a local pool every Sunday morning. I don't count that as a workout, though, because my job is just to keep the children from drowning.

I had a pretty good couple of days. Kept within my points range yesterday, and am on track to do the same today. But today, because I had a higher-point supper planned, I had a small lunch and pretty much starved all afternoon. I can't stand days like that. I need to stock up on some zero-point snacks. For some reason we seem to be very low on veggies these days. And even though we just finished dinner, I could still inhale a large bowl of cereal (one of my favourite snacks), or a peanut butter and jam sandwich.

Oh, my workout last night was Step Works, followed by 25 full situps, and a one-minute plank. Tonight I'm going to do a SuperSets premix (1Ax2; 2Ax2), then IMAX3 w/u,int 1-3, KickMax Blast Challenge, and 45 secs high jog.

Cheers,
Sandra

Holy cow, Sandra! And you said mine was killer workout! I use SparkPeople to help me figure my APs as well as my point calculator and both came back at around 15 APs. I haven't eaten all of them yet, but I may indulge in a couple of Skinny Cow sandwiches which will finish them off.
I made Chicken Chili with low fat biscuits for dinner. It was super good and only 4 points per cup serving (wolfed down 2 servings, thankyouverymuch!!!)

I, once again, got totally sucked into The Biggest Loser! I never watched it until A&E had a marathon day on New Year's Day (appropo, no?). I had just gotten off of work and started watching it. I had to set the DVR to record the rest of the shows just so that I could sleep! It was really perfect timing for me as I had lost steam and motivation after the holidays. I haven't really lost a lot of additional weight since then (maybe 10-15 lbs) but I have gained so much more muscle mass and definition (thanks to finding and *doing* Cathe!), it's like a whole different person looking back at me in the mirror! (Kind of sounds like a lightning bolt hit, huh??? I guess it has!):D I really like the new trainer they brought on. I liked Jillian, but found that she was a little to harsh and rough around the edges.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.