Weight Watchers Check In Tuesday 11/14

teddy16410

Cathlete
Hi all! Up at 12:30 am due to all the sinus meds I took yesterday... They wire me like crazy PLUS they make me have to go to bathroom every 2 hours. Thought I'd better get up before DH's patience ran out!!

Anyway Cheryl it looks like you went to bed about the time I was getting up! Your post last night about 112#s ... I'm sitting here trying to even imagine what a 112 # woman would look like. I think I was born at 115 at least!:7

Amy: Very cool about your new insights... What site did you end up going to for most of your info? Also: Have you tried any of Jari Loves(Ripped) stuff or Slim Series (Beach Body Debbie Seivers)... your "perfect" full bodys sound a lot like what they focus on.
Anyway... If you need/want a Jari to try (you'll love or dislike- rarely an in between feeling) I have an extra copy of her Slim n Lean I can get to you. Let me know.
I have a sister that got the big bones in my family and she is tall as well. I swear that girl looks like a model and has never weighed less than 148! Its so weird because she has a different body type than I as well and when we've gained weight I'm all hips & thighs and shes all boobs, arms....LOL I just KNOW one of us came from the milkman!!!!

I really loved doing KENPOX yesterday with 1# ankle wts & the 2# gloves. The low intensity and focused execution of moves makes it perfectly safe to use them. I felt like I got a great double leg w/out!

Today is a P90X rest day but I just cant stand it any more so I am doing a Premix of Drill Max : Cardio & All Upper Body. I need to also do some abs today so I think it will be a Mish Mosh of abs from my 3 new Amy Bentos that I received FINALLY yesterday! I'm reading that she does a good variety of standing/floor ab work in this "EXTREME" series.

Guess thats it for this crazy hour of the new day... bbl:7

Recipe of the Day from HungryGirl.com

Get Squashed! 2 points
This one's an instant classic, people. We promise. By substituting butternut squash for sweet potatoes and using some key light ingredients, you can save over 200 calories and nearly 17 grams of fat per serving on this Turkey Day classic. And it tastes EXACTLY like the real thing (yes, EXACTLY). Now THAT'S something to be thankful for! Butternut squash, with half the calories (and all the yummy fun) of sweet potato, is our new best friend. (Pssst... In case you haven't tried 'em yet, our Bake-tastic Butternut Squash Fries ROCK!)

Ingredients:

1 large butternut squash (large enough to yield 2 cups mashed flesh)

1/2 cup Egg Beaters; Original

1/3 cup light vanilla soymilk

1/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 cup SPLENDA; Granular

1 tsp. vanilla extract

2/3 cup miniature marshmallows

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel squash and cut into large chunks (removing seeds). Fill a large, microwave-safe dish with a half an inch of water. Place squash into dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for approximately 8 minutes (and drain). Squash should be tender enough to mash, but not fully cooked. With a potato masher, food processor or fork, mash squash. Measure out 2 generous cups, lightly packed, and place in an oven-safe baking dish. Add all ingredients except for marshmallows. Mix ingredients thoroughly, but do not over-stir; squash should still be pulpy. Allow to cook for 45 – 50 minutes. Remove from oven, and disperse marshmallows over top of pie. Return to oven for 5 minutes, until marshmallows begin to brown. Allow to cool. Serves 4.

Serving Size: 1/4 recipe; approx. 2/3 cup

Calories: 110

Fat: <0.5g

Sodium: 115mg

Carbs: 25g

Fiber: 1.5g

Sugars: 7.5g

Protein: 5g

*2 Points

Traci!! Thank you for the recipe, oh my I think this will make it to my Thanksgiving table this year!

Another busy busy day. Starting work in a bit, have to go get ready so I can leave close to 3 when I get off. WW meeting and weigh in this evening and errands to run before then. I'm up 1 1/2 pounds on the unofficial WI here this morning. Not sure what's going on but I did eat rather poorly a couple of days this week. Mid-cycle eating is my worst enemy!!!

Have a great day!

Hi, everyone!

Jane, bummer on the unofficial WI ... Hope the run helps burn it off. It might.

Traci, thanks for the recipe! Sounds really good.

I'm up early - an early meeting in SLC this morning -
We had a storm front come through Utah at 4 a.m. No outdoor running today. I did a 45 min TM program. That'll have to do for today.

The rotation for tomorrow says Drill Max but I may swap in B&G to get the major soreness out of the way before Saturday's run. Planning ahead, you know! (heh heh)

I have a press tour coming up in Decmeber. Oh joy. I just realized from the forum that Kick Max is another workout I can take on the road to run from my PC - a nice 74 min workout to get me by. That and Debbie Seibers' Keep It Up, which just requires a resistance band (40 min) should get me by.

Jane, I agree with Traci, you might really like Debbie Siebers. I have all the Slim Series and love them. I did them for 6 months to work up to Cathe. Before that I did one month at Curves before I could even work up to Debbie...

For too long, all I did was run and it was just wearing me down...
Anyway, have a great morning, everyone!
Cheryl

Good morning

Tracie- Recipe looks so inviting, thank you ;)

Jane – Good luck today with weigh in ;)

Well, ladies I studied all night until I passed out. This will be my last study week, H&R upped our Finals a week earlier, so this means I’ll be taking my Final next Tuesday, glad about it too. I WANT MY LIFE BACK :p :p

Since, I didn’t get enough rest last night, I decided NO workout this morning. After work I’m going home too push out a workout. I’m thinking to do Hardcore Kickbox Circuit. I shall see, but will be doing something.

Teddygirl~

;)

Good Morning!

This morning I did P90X Ploymetrics. I love that one. So fun. I modified a bit for some of the really high impact (i.e. tuck jumps, hot foot) because I don't want to aggrevate my ankle, but I was able to keep up pretty well.

Eating yesterday was so-so. I ate a bit of junk and had a second helping of chicken and rice for dinner (I never do that). But I stayed at around 23-24 pts. I'm going to do better today. Clean all the way.

This is my second week of P90X and I'm still loving it. Having some major DOMs in my back from all those pull ups yesterday. Feeling strong though.

Have a great day.

Buffy

MOrning everyone -
Had a tough time deciding what to do today. Wasted at least 15 min of my workout time just deciding so finally I did All Step cardio only plus the Tough Core premix from Coremax. I won't have time to get in any other workout today, so that will have to do.

Eating yesterday was good up until 9 pm, then I hit the sweets. Grrrrr, I hate when I do that, blow it at the end of a good day. Today will be better.

Gotta run, I'm working today (usually off on Tuesdays) cuz I'm seriously backed up. Maybe I'll get a chance to check back later!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Tracie, how did you like KenpoX & Plyometrics?

Teddygirl~

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slide-jump/lb/0/8/0/.png"

Good Morning all! No time for personals, I gotta go Fuse some Cardio then hop in the shower because DH wants to go to the Outlet mall near here to wander around and I don't want to get us caught up in goofy traffic on the way home!!!

Traci- No, I haven't tried any of Jari's stuff, but I have something of her's from Netflix that I need to try and send back! I have tried Debbie Sieber's stuff and she drove me NUTSO!!! Her voice reminds me too much of Denise Austin and I can't STAND her!!! Also, I was bored to tears doing her workouts! Thanks for the offer, though, I will let you know!

Later, taters!!!

Good morning,

Cheryl - I've been having the same problem with sweaty hands and slippery dumb bells. When I did BM2 I had to put weight gloves on part way through the upper body work, just to be able to grip them. What's this about a press tour? KPC is another great lap-top/hotel room workout, as is BootCamp. If you take 2x8lb dbs, you can do BC; you just need to find a chair/stool/suitcase to stand on for the leg presses and tricep dips. Sub the dbs for the barbell; she only uses the bb in the first 4 circuits. You'll still get a great workout.

Jane - Kudos on making it through Cardio Fusion!!!! Can you tell me, please, whether the DM portion is *only* the 6 drills, or if other DM stuff is included? Good luck with the WI tonight. Maybe all that running around will help a bit.

Traci - These germs are tenacious! My left ear is now well plugged, and my left eye and nostril are constantly dripping. You should have seen me during my workout this morning. I looked like I was crying, my eye was watering so much. Very annoying. But it will be a distant memory soon enough. Thank you for the summary of your past year. You've made some seriously big changes in a very short time! I'm an inch shorter than you, and the couple of times I've made it down to the 120 pound area, I looked too thin, and was literally starving myself. I think I managed to get to 119 pounds, for one day, 15 years ago. It's just not a realistic goal for me. My goal is the athletic look. I gain muscle development pretty easily, and seem to have no problem lifting on the heavier side. I'm thin but solid, if that makes any sense. You're a crazy woman for doing DM upper body and cardio on your "rest" day LOL! why are you taking sinus meds? Do you have a cold, too?

Claude - I plan on starting P90X on Jan 1. Wanna join me? Don't beat yourself up about last night. Guilt gets you no where. When I feel the night-time cravings coming on, I go to bed. For me, it's a sign that I'm tired, and I want the quick-carb energy burst.

Amy - I'm willing to bet that your bed is never made. It sounds like it's a very well used piece of furniture in your home. Did you get the mattress flipped? Are you doing holiday shopping at the outlet mall? If only someone had told you about your body type and workout focus a bit sooner!!

Teddygirl - Aaahhhhhh! Life will feel wonderful without the burden of academic work. Only one more week!!!

Buffy - I hope I can say that some day: DOMS from pull ups!! Woohoo!!!

This morning I did LIC Timesaver Cardio, BG Bonus abs, GS drop-set push ups, and TBStretching #3. I really liked the abs. It was nice to do an advanced stability ball core workout that didn't include pikes and roll-ins. The LIC premix had me so sweaty, though, that I kept sliding off the ball at the start. V. good workout, though. Good for a day when I wasn't feeling 100%.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Just wanted to pop in and say my shoulders are really sore from yesterdays P90X chest and back. I'd love to see more definition in my shoulders, so this is good news for me.

Buffy

Amy - going to go FUSE some CARDIO - very clever! I love it!

Sandra, the weight gloves are a good idea. I may invest in some.
My hands were slipping all over in BM2 too.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!
Cheryl

Hey girls!

I don't have much time since I'm at work, but I wanted to give you a quick update on my meeting with the nutritionist...

So the gist of it all is that, as I suspected, I wasn't getting enough calories. For my activity level, I'm supposed to be eating 2500 calories a day to maintain (2000 calories a day if I want to lose 1 pound/week), but I'm getting, on average (based on a 3 day food diary I kept), 1600 calories a day.

She told me that since I wasn't getting enough calories, my body is holding onto every calorie for dear life, which was keeping me from losing, and could even cause me to gain weight (which explains a lot of things ;)).

So the good news is, I get to eat more LOL. The bad news is, the 1600 calories that I AM eating, are not as nutrionally dense as they could be. I'm not horrible by any means, but my veggie and fruit intake was low, so she wanted me to up that. She also said my protein intake was a bit high, so I needed to bring that down a level, and I needed to up my complex carbs, particularly before working out, because I needed that for fuel. She said as a rule of thumb, eat carbs before a workout, and protein afterwards for recovery and muscle rebuilding.

She said I was doing well with the 3 small meals + 2 snacks, so I'm going to keep doing that, but I am definitely going to be upping my complex carbs and fruits and veggies to get those extra calories (darn, I was hoping the extra calories meant I could have a muffin or two ;), but apparently it's those very muffins I love so much that are causing my blood sugar to spike and drop, and leave me famished later in the day!).

Anyway, I'm going to do some adjusting. I'm so not used to counting calories, so it'll be weird for me. I'll probably just do some sort of calorie-to-point conversion and do it by points (or else just go by how many servings a day I need from the food pyramid), rather than count actual calories. I can definitely figure out my servings, but it's the calorie counting that stumps me LOL!

Maybe I'll switch to Core for a while, since this is essentially what Core is--eating clean, unprocessed (or as little processed) foods and allowing for a few treats here and there.

Wish me luck :).

Jennifer

Jennifer - in case it helps at all - and you can run this past your nutritionist - I have been having a small handful of raw almonds (like just 9 or so) as a pre workout snack lately and it's been doing me really well.

It's got a little fat and protein in it along with the carbs, so it stays with me better rather than burning off like kindling and letting my energy crash. Before that I'd been having 1/2 a grapefruit cup. I crashed so hard running I thought the doctor was going to tell me not to run anymore. Instead, he asked me what I'd eaten. The carbs (especially fruit) burned right off and left my blood sugar with nothing. That, coupled with running harder than normal, had me crashing about 35 minutes into the run. A little fat and protein would have allowed it to burn more slowly.

During the workout, I am having good luck with taking one Cliffshot Blox (30 calories, all carb) for about every 30-45 minutes of exercise to keep the blood sugar and glycogen going. During the workout itself, the straight carb hit works just fine.

It would be interesting to see what your nutritionist thinks of that.

It sounds like you got some very good advice! Yayy!

Cheryl

Hello!!!

I got my DVDs!!! :) :) :) :) :) I am soooooooooooooooo happy!!!

And another good news, I got my Mom to buy Cathe's beginner DVD, hehehe, I am slowly converting her to Cathe :).

And another good news, my Mom is doing great, will know Nov. 22 if it is cancer or not, but it sure seems like it isn't.

And another good news, my work invited me to the Christmas party even though I am only temp, and I will most likely be working there part-time when I go back to full time school in January.

And another good news, my bf and I booked a romantic weekend away December 9th to celebrate our 5 years together!!! (yes, we were only 16 when we started dating, hehehe)

Okay, now to personals!

Traci - Yummy recipe, I love new ideas!!! And up at 12am!! Geez, I hope you get a great sleep tonight!

Jane - Good luck with your WI, I'm sure the run will help!

Cheryl - Hope the weather is better for you! And I also eat a few almonds before I workout, it helps me get through it and I have a lot more energy!

Teddygirl - I do understand studying and not having a life! But the good thing is, you know it is over soon! Good luck with your final, I am sure all your hard work will pay off!

Buffy - I am happy you are liking P90X, I don't know if I would like it, but it is always good to mix up your routine. And eating junk food and still staying at 23points is very good, so be proud of yourself for not over exagerating.

Claude - Nights are a hard one for me also. It is when I crave cookies ... but what I do to forget about that craving is to go for a walk or come on this forum. Just reading about nutrition and exercise makes me forget about my craving. But don't let a night make you feel bad, I believe when your body is really craving sweet, it is because you are missing smtg in your system, so I go and eat the chocolate, lol, maybe that's why I am having problems losing weight, lol :9.

Sandra - What a workout you completed and you didn't even feel 100%. Congrats!

Jenn - Good luck with your new nutrition path! Your nutritionist really seems to know what she is talking about and thank you for giving us all the information that she gave you!

Well tomorrow I am doing BodyMax 2!!! Not the whole thing (I think I would die, lol) but most likely only the cardio. The next day will be Low Impact Circuit! I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!

Have a great night everyone!!!

Corinne :)

Hello and good night!! It is 8:30 p.m. and just now got a chance to get on here.

Thanks for the well wishes on the WI... I gained 1.4 but was still below my maintenance level so I'M A LIFER NOW!! A real card-carrying WW LifeTime member!! WOOHOO!

Today was my rest day as every Tuesday is but I'm start back with LIC tomorrow. Third week of the 4-week Nov rotation comin' up!.

Sandra - the portion of DrillMax that is on CardioFusion is only the cardio sections of each drill, no weights and she eliminates the explosive lunges with the ball at the end of the last drill.

HTH

Night all!

Good evening, Ladies!
Well, we're back and I found a lovely box of wine on the front step when we got home. I love wine, but I haven't drank any since before my cold, about 3 weeks, and I am trying to stay away from it just to see if it helps with the weight loss.

Jennifer- WoW!!! That's wonderful that you are "allowed" to eat more. If you want more help with the counting calories aspect, I have been using SparkPeople (www.sparkpeople.com) for the last few months. It's a totally free website set up to help with calorie counting, exercise, motivation, support, yada, yada, yada!!! I love it! There are lots of groups there that you can join for support. The database they use for the calories is HUGE and you can enter calories manually of food items that aren't in the database (as long as you know them). You can also track your fiber, protein, carbs, basically whatever other nutrients you want to track as well.

Sandra/Cheryl- I have used weight lifting gloves for years!! In fact, when I started using Cathe exclusively last spring, I dug mine out from about 9 years ago. The did okay initially, but eventually wore out and I picked some new ones up at WalMart. A word of caution....make sure you are able to try them on before buying them. They come in different sizes and I found a pair that I love because they have a bit of extra wrist support, but I can't wear them because the padding it too think across the palm...I can't get a good grip on the weights. I also like the ones that have a velcro closure on the back of the hand.

Sandra- Please be careful with your working out and excercising! I hope that the tenacious germs leave soon!!! You need to break out the Lysol!!!LOL!

Traci- How's the house smelling these days???;-)

I went the Nike outlet store today and picked up some super cute workout tops for super cheap....$9! I also got some shorts for $5! I was just bummed that they only had 2 pair in my size and the rest were XXL!!! I DON'T WEAR XXL ANYMORE!!! Yea!!!!

DH was able to get some really nice stuff from the Nautica outlet store as well. Not much else purchased, oh, I did find a super cute sock store.....I LOVE cute socks!!! I am addicted to super cute socks!! (I think that it stems from not being able to wear anything but black sock for years that I was in the Navy!)

I hope that everyone has a good evening. Traci- Get some sleep, girl....you got to keep up the energy for those wacky/kick butt workouts you do!;-)

ETA-
Jane- Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you and I have never even met you!! Keep up the good work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.