Weight Watchers Check-in Tuesday 10-24

I didn't get back to post yesterday, I slept the sleep of the dead last night after being up all night the night before. We've got the ball rolling with the insurance, my Envoy is going to be fixed up in Ohio and DH and I will just have to make another road trip on a Saturday after it's finished.

It is 29 degrees here! Brrr.....

Today is my meeting and weigh-in. Hopefully it will be good. I am only up 1/2 pound from last week when I weighed here in the mornings. I was so proud of how I did on vacation. The night of the wreck, I didn't eat every morsel of food I had along either which is a big thing for me since I tend to stress eat. I did eat more than a few servings of Kashi crackers but that was the extent of it.

Need to get in gear, starting work in about 10 minutes. Have a great day everyone!

Jane: GREAT JOB on vacation - you did great, be proud of yourself for sure, don't worry about the scale. A 1/2 pound could be water weight, too.

I have a meeting tonight, but am hoping to fit in PH or ME upper body.

I hope everyone has a great day, I'll be back later.

Marcia.

Good Morning!!

Great job Jane. Last vacation I put on 5 lbs. and it took me months to take it off. Next time, I'll take a page out of your book.

Yesterday was good eating wise. I ate 21.5 pts. Didn't use all of the 4 AP's I earned.

Today, I'm going to stay around 20 Pts. Doing L&G this morning. Yoga tonite.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Morning All!
Feeling major DOMS from mu PUB & Double Abs yesterday... Feels wonderful (Am I buff yet?)
Today is Mish Mosh Cardio Day: AM= Body Max 1 Step, MIC Step and PM= CC3.
Glad everyone is back and healthy... Happy WI's today and hope all enjoy some cooler weather. BBL!

Welcome Carrie! Great to have you aboard... Great group here I couldnt be nearly as successful without them all.

Thanks. I'm at 24 points. So how does everyone else count their flex and activity points? Do you use them at all? I have been back and forth on that one. When I didn't use them, my former leader kept telling me I needed to use all of them, because I wasn't eating enough, and I thought huh, so I started eating more with more exercise, but no more than the allowed flex and AP, and she said I was eating too much. GRRRRR...then she said when I wasn't losing every week, that exercise was no excuse for not losing:(

And when I tried Wendy's plan to change the point value around daily, I really got a talking to about veering off the plan way to much. It's a set amount of points a day, that's it she said...

What have you guys found successful for you?

Thanks

Carrie

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/189.4/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Carrie-
I eat 20 + All APs + 5 Flex per day..... I'm not rigid with that just allow myself to stay within the grand total all week. (175 + APs)I also look at APs as CLEAN ONLY FOODS... Makes a huge difference in my wt loss. I do WW online only... Meetings were very counterproductive for me 2 years ago.
I use a HRM for my calorie burn and earn 1 AP for every 100 cal burned. Most weeks I am eating 185-220 points total. I eat 6 clean days and 1 free (or free for all as I call it) and still stay within this range. I eat when I'm hungry and I dont allow myself to starve just because I've exceeded points for day. I am 43 and have found that I now have to stoke the fire inside all day long or my metabolism crashes BIG TIME & QUICKLY! Most days I dont even add my points in my journal until evening time (I do track 100% 7 days a week as it occurs) to see if I have room for a snack before bed. I also track in the WW online journal...

Whats neat about this board is that something different works for everyone and we are all at various stages of wt loss/ maintenence/plateaus.... You can count on at least 1 of us in frustration mode every week! lol.... we are really good tho as we have never had a week where ALL of us here were down!

Guess thats it on my stuff! Let us know what works for you.

Jane: I read your fiasco on the other board... I am so glad you are OK ... Were you looking for the candid camera guys???? What a fabulous job you've done keeping your stress eating at bay with all this.... I'm so glad you got a well deserved nites rest.. ready to take on the world today?

Marcia: Enjoy your meeting tonight and have a great workout!

Buffy: OH HAPPY DAY! L&G in the morning.... You continue to do so well w/ your points! High 5!!!!!!!!

Carrie-
You are so welcome! Here's a link that is all about the way I eat.

www.freewebs.com/emlmww

This is a group that checks in daily on WW.com Eat More Lose More... It is absolutely not the "wendi plan" ... It just advocates all APs and Flexies. Doesnt work for all but was my magic bullet after 1.5 years of stalled wt loss. Its really for people who workout intensely and the need to fuel the body.
Having said that some find that they can eat any type of foods as long as they are in point range... those days are gone for me. I've tested the theory on my body and I simply cannot eat lots of processed foods (high in sugar, white stuff, boxed stuff) and lose. I eat more the way Body For Life advocates... Quality Protein/Quality Fat/Veggies.

Morning everyone!

Welcome Carrie - as Traci said, we all seem to have slightly different levels of success where AP's and FP's are concerned. I never calculated my AP's when I was losing, but I always ate a few of my FP's on a daily basis. I also wasn't working out as hard as I am now. I'm in maintainence mode, but have picked up a couple lbs that I'm struggling to drop. I have started calculating and eating my AP's, not all, just however many I need. I've been trying to not eat my FP, but I do have those days where I just seem to eat more.

Jane - what a scary thing with your Envoy and the deer! I have family in the back woods of Canada and hitting deer and moose is a regular danger for them. Those animals can cause incredible damage! Glad to hear that you weren't injured and that you ate well through out!

Buffy - Good job on staying OP yesterday! Enjoy L&G - I haven't pulled that one out in a while, it may be time.

Yesteray the DOMS hit my lower body big time - not sure if it was the illness or the workout or both, but I was hurting bigtime by mid afternoon - I actually took some tylenol because I was so sore. Today is much better.

No work out yet for me - I have a PT appt at 11:30 and since he always puts me on the stair climber thing I end up needing a shower right after. I figure I'll go from PT to the gym and do CC#4, THEN do a shower. Back is feeling better, but not 100%. Sometimes I feel like it's a moving target - it's good in the morning, but bad at night or vice versa. Enough to make me want to eat chocolate!!

OK - got a few things I need to wrap up today before heading back to the office tomorrow. In case I don't get back here, have a great day everyone!!!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Hi girls!!

I woke up late today so unfortunately this will have to be quick... I am off to try Boot Camp for the first time!! I'm very excited :).

Jennifer

Hi, everyone -

Wow, Traci, thanks for the great input on how you manage your points. I will definitely check it out.

Welcome, Carrie! I only go to meetings for weigh-ins. I follow the entire WW program online at www.weightwatchers.com. That's where I keep my journal. Very easy.

Jennifer, enjoy Boot Camp. I love that one! (did it for the first time last week).

This morning I ran 6 miles with my favorite running partners. Would love to add Strech Max, but no time - maybe tonight.

I am feeling a new level of strength in my running after Boot Camp, ME, PUB, and pushing the TM programs harder. Wow! I've been ravenously hungry, but my core is improving dramatically and I'm feeling so much more strength in my legs.

Traci, curiously I am not feeling much DOMS at all from the PUB/abs yesterday, and I tried to come close to matching Cathe on all of the weights... guess I maybe need to come closer (heh, heh)

Have a great morning, everyone!

Cheryl

Cheryl- GREAT RUN AGAIN!!!!!
I am 4-6 pounds BELOW Cathe on PUB ..... I think you are just much further ahead in the strength dept! PUB is the only workout that I ever get CHEST DOMS... I find that weird .... Anyway, I am so looking forward to P90X arriving this week (Hopefully!) I am really starting to get into the strength training now.... I love how it makes me feel and I love doing it different days than cardio so I can give it my all.

Hello,

Today was PS Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, followed by Step & Intervals.

Doing well with staying within points.

Gotta go. Have a great day,
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.