Weight Watchers Check In- Thursday, 1/11

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Wow, I can't believe that I beat Traci! Well, yesterday, I finally got the chance to get my workout in. It was after dark, so I couldn't go for a run, so I gave my replacement BM2 a run around the DVD machine. So far, so good. I did the Cardio Blast Timesaver Premix. I like it because it's fun and pretty quick. I did it on the 8" step, so by the end, I was worn out!

Mom called last night...they made it home safely. They made a point to mention again that they had a really good time.

Well, I got an email from Amazon, my Eat Clean book is FINALLY on it's way. I am not scheduled to receive it until the 15th, but at least that's sooner than the original shipping date of the 29th!!! Anyway, I even stopped by a book store yesterday to pick it up, planning on sending Amazon's copy back (this was before I got the shipping notice) and they didn't even have it in the store. I checked with the front desk as well, and they had NO idea when they were going to get it in. Well, I guess that I will be waiting for my Amazon copy, now! After reading that recipe that Cheryl posted, I can't wait!

Oh, BTW, Cheryl, I made those PB Oatmeal muffins. Man are they good! I guess that I didn't think that they were going to be as substantial as they are, either. I was in the checkout line at my local health food store and remembered that I had forgotten to pick up the Agave Nectar. I have to say, that with a little PB on toast is DANGEROUS!!! Oh, that's tasty!

Anyway, I am going to WW meeting tonight. It's been 3 weeks and I NEED to go! I have also decided that with regards to the scale....BRING IT ON, BABY, and come what may. I am through torturing myself both mentally and physically just for a lower number on the scale in public! I have also decided that I am going to make my goal weight in 2007. I never really decided on it until a couple of months ago, I guess because I never really saw it as being attainable. Now, I am in the home stretches and I will break that darn tape this year!!!

Whew, after all that, I need to refill the coffee!

Good Morning WW gang!
Having hard time waking up today... Woke up at 2am w/ Sinus Headache took some meds went back to sleep and now am very groggy... Todays w/out is Legs & Back

Yesterday cranked out upper P90X and a new Yoga that I LOVE... Makes me think this is how a Cathe Yoga would be. It Crunch Series w/ Ellen Barrett: Super SlimDown Yoga/Pilates Blend....AWESOME! Also added abs from KPC & was finally able to crank out some ball Planks/Pikes! WooHoo!!!! P90X has really made me so much stronger in core and arms!

LORI: I think its great you were able to identify lack of protein in your eating .... YEP thats a key for me as well when scale isnt budging OR if I'm struggling to lean out. Cheryls egg White info is truely the easiest & purest way to get protein. When I am faithful to egg whites ever morning (5-7) I start leaning right away. Mushrooms, Peppers, Spinach + favorite seasonings make them exciting vs bland. Its a great dinner as well!

CHERYL: I am going to try the egg white "method" this morning as soon as I finish posting! Thanks for the Tosca tip while I await my book!

JANE: I am so happy you got a workout done that you feel good about. Knee stuff makes me so cautious... Be careful. Regarding work situation... sounds like you will be working very hard until that vacant position gets filled. I'll send good thoughts about that happening VERY soon! You are keeping a manic pace right now so take extra good care of yourself.

AMY: 8'' step still eludes me... I keep trying it and telling myself that Cathe is shorter than me by an inch or more so WHY can I not keep from "just missing" that dang top part of step. When I get tired I literally knock my topper off cuz my legs just wont lift that high! SOMEDAY- (maybe)... Your public WI will be fine! Remember its after holidays so unfortunately majority of gang will be newbies or WAY UP .... You'll still be an inspiration ! Also I am thrilled you have set a specific goal for 2007. I find we do so much better when we are looking towards an attainable target. So wanna give us the goal so we can help spur you on? If not- thats ok but keep us posted! Cant wait for our books to arrive!!!!!

Claude: Hope all is stabilizing for you today

Kim: Hope your days are going according to plan

TeddyGirl: OK Officially worried... have you been sick and no computer access????

Have a great day.... Back later to see all!

For now, the goal weight is 165#. I think right now, that due to my height and bone structure, that would get to about a size 10 (which will totally look like a 6-8 on most people). Right now, I am a size 12 and look like a 10.

I am so glad that you finally found a yoga tape that you like!!! I should probably check it out since we both tend to have the same feelings about the same things! I think that we were twin separated at birth!

Anyway, coffee is done, moving on to green tea and the oatmeal is in the steamer. I actually found an easier way to make the fluffy oatmeal.....pour boiling water over it and soak for 2 min before steaming. That way you're not dealing with boiling water and digging the steamer basket out of it!

Jane- I am glad that you were comfortable with your workout. I hope that you get that knee looked at soon!

Claude- More and More hugs to you and your family!

I need to go invest in the egg white company, now!!!

Good Morning.....I am getting some green peppers, and veggies today, and I will be eating more protein every day. I remember when I used to do BFL, mixing yogurt & cottage cheese was very good also. I will start doing that too because I usually eat my oil in a yogurt every day.

Claude, I hope the news is good today.

Amy, you are so close!! I want to hit my goal too, I am about 6 lbs. away!!!

Cheryl, I should probably look for that book. It sounds like it is selling faster than they can get it on the shelves.

Traci, how much longer is your P90X rotation?? Have you tried your new Cathe's at all??

Today is Imax. My legs are very pleasantly sore from yesterday's workout. It makes the cardio tougher when the legs are sore!!
Lori

Hi Lori-
YEA on your improved breakfast!!! Imax will certainly be challenging (more so than usual) with pre fatigued legs! YOU GO GIRL!!
I am at the end of week 10 - P90X is a 13 weeker... I have thrown Cathes new series in from time to time but have to admit that P90X training is very different mindset so I find it way too challenging emotionally to do Cathe/Tony in same day. I love and respect both formats but can see that once I'm in a particular "zone" its best to stay with it at least for that particular day.... It allows me to give it 100%. I actually also purchased and have previewed the P90 Master Series (the one before P90X was created....) Its awesome and really fits my mindset right now so I will be moving to those in a few weeks...I'll use Cathe on days I need a mental break or on days I feel I want additional leg workouts. My body has responded to limited cardio extremely well so as much as I adore the Cathe Intense Marathon Cardios it just isnt conducive for me body...I burn up too much muscle. For now it will be less intense cathe/ shorter durations as I continue to focus on building muscle mass.
Have a great day!

Gooood Moooorning everyone!

I am kind of astounded my Tosca Reno book got here so fast, because I ordered from Amazon and didn't place the order until about a week and a half ago.... anyway, I think it's worth having just for the recipes. I do think her proposed eating plan is too strict - it's like the strictest of bodybuilder routines, and I know the bodybuilders always run from their competitions with white knuckles for the nearest store and their weights are always bouncing back up at least a bit... but I think her principles are good and every one of the recipes looked do-able and tasty.

I would definitely reduce the 5-6" oatmeal cookies to 1" and perhaps have just 2 - 471 calories for a single cookie is out of my league - and I would substitute Sucanet or agave nectar for the brown sugar.

Today's workout was GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps paired with the first 40 minutes of Rhythmic Step. Fun! The end of my time, though - 90 minute total workout (I skipped the forearm roll in/roll outs and the cool down on the GS)

Amy, so glad you liked the PB muffins. Yummy, huh? I am microwaving 2 with a little soy margarine this morning just enough to make the margarine melt and make them warm again. I'm also excited to try the ziploc omelets. I might order some of the egg whites in the canister from Egg Whites international I think.

Lori, interested to hear what you think of the omelets.

Traci, so sorry to hear about the sinus headache. Those are the WORST!!! Sounds like you have a no-impact workout on tap and that's good.

Claude, more hugs - please do let us know how things are progressing.

Teddygirl, yes, we are officially worried. Are you okay???? Hope it's nothing bad that's keeping you away.

Well, off to the showers. Have a great morning, everyone!

Cheryl

Hi everyone,

Tracie, Yep officially SICK 2 days downx( ;( ;( I had to come to work today this is are money day and I have to get reports out, don’t know if I am coming in tomorrow STILL very Sick Virus or something has attacked my body (((((((BAD)))))) I have to go for now, I just got to work minutes ago, ttys

Add-on..........................................................:)
I am REAL WEAK, no food past 2.5 days and lots of over the counter meds, that sucks I’m going to make up for the food thing need to nourish my body NEED some strength. I probably won’t…..can’t or even think about working out, till Saturday just maybe Monday I need food and rest ‘wine” lol lol I am doing all I can to get through thru the hour I brought can soup, sick of eating it. But cant stomach food, I missed you guys

Sick Teddygirl~

Teddygirl~

Cheryl: Why ON EARTH would we reduce a 5" cookie to a 1"??????????????? :+ You are not sane!

Teddygirl: {{{{{{{{{{{go rest sweetie}}}}}}}}}}}}} We miss you- but go home and sleep sleep sleep. We'll see you Monday and you'll be good as new I pray.

Heh, heh -

No one every accused us of sanity! I figure the 1" ball would make a 2-3" standard size cookie - Knowing me, I would have a very hard time breaking the "truck stop" size cookie in half and finishing only half of it. There's something psychological about having 2 cookies for my 275 or so calorie limit that's much more satisfying, it seems...

Weighed in this morning - 129.0, on the nose. Aaagh! Could be better, but could also be a whole lot worse. On we go.

Here's to a great afternoon!
Cheryl

This is why I don’t do rotations it’s always something that get in my way ((((drama))));( or (((((sickness))))));(

Now, need your opinion what should I do. I’m in 2nd week of Boot Camp and probably will not be able to workout till Monday, hopefully by weekend, but not going to hold my breath.

Should I stop rotation? Or onward and forward HELP!!!!
;(

Cheryl: Was that LOGIC I saw in your post??? I am trying to figure out how logic & cookies can even be in the same thought process!!! Am I a WW Flunkie or what??? lololol Thank goodness I have ya Cheryl or I'd be ALL OVER the place! 129 is awesome!! breathe all air out of body! lol

Teddygirl: IMO- working out to a rotation is about an end result...If your end result has not changed then I'd say start the rotation from where you left off... so its extended by a few days or even a week...gotta do it for the 4-5 weeks or you wont see the end result. IF its "just a rotaion" to keep you working out w/ no specific goal in mind then it doesnt much matter if you follow it or not.... Does that make any sense at all???? LOL... Go take meds now and think about when your head is clear. xxoo

My appetite is returning ((((strong)))) :7 :7 Yeah/Goodie. I just finished a chicken wing dinner and ate a slice of chocolate cake, don’t tell, Please!!!!! I know it is from not having adequate food serving, and not having any water for 2.5 days,

Man oh man, my body is very dehydrated, big time Ouch!!!!!! Can’t get enough water today :9 :9 You know, it really would be nnniiiccceee if I could workout tomorrow, huh. But, I doubt it, I shall see.

Tracie: That’s exactly what I am going home too do, take more meds vitamins and go to sleep ;) ;) ;) As far as my rotation goes I guess I can continue with it maybe substitute a few of the workouts. In other words I’ll be doing my own thing, its cool:7

Teddygirl~

Teddygirl, good luck with your recovery!!!

I completely agree with Traci on your approach to your rotation. It's only a starting point, and it always has to be working for you.

Sure would be fun if you can get a day or two of rest and then pop back in with something like BootCamp again. That one always spurs me back up.

Ah well on the chicken wing dinner and choc. cake. You can always look at it as 2 1/2 days worth of food!!!

I hope you're feeling better -
Cheryl

Evening all -
OK - the update on Gram is - no news. She is holding steady, still not responsive, heart still strong, breathing still ragged, kidneys stable but not good over all. Late yesterday they told us she probably wouldn't make it through the night. 24 hours later, she's still here. We're all doing ok. We've accepted the fact that it's her time and we just want her to be comfortable. Thanks for all your hugs and kind words.

Workouts are important to keep me on an even keel so today I did GS Legs. Eating hasn't been as consistent, but I'm trying to eat clean as I know how lousy I'll feel if I scarf down junk. Worst thing I did today was eat a package of Skittles and a graham cracker with some Skippy PB.

Teddygirl - yuck, yuck, yuck - get lots of sleep and lots of water and feel better soon. As for rotation, I'm with Traci. Pick up where you left off if you had a specific goal and were making progress. Otherwise, start fresh. You know how it goes, listen to your body, do what feels right.

Cheryl - no complaining about being at 129 lady!! I'd kill to be back there right about now. I've got to try that egg white trick - I make an egg white omelette every day - your way sounds so easy.

Amy - You go girl!! With an attitude like that you'll make it to your goal with no problem.

Lori - What types of protein do you like? I like to toss in some nuts in my salads or top my salads with grilled chicken or seafood. I find I do better if I get some protein in each meal and snack - otherwise I start to crash and that's bad for me.

Traci - Thanks for the comments on Tony vs Cathe. I've been doing some of Tony's workouts and then today I did Cathe. They are so completely different, yet I really seem to respond to both of their styles. I plan on starting the "official" P90X rotation after things settle down with Gram.

Jane - Good for you doing LIS yesterday, it's so hard to do an easier workout sometimes when you really want to do a tough one. But listening to your body will pay off. Good luck with the work situation.

Time to get some sleep now. Thanks for being such a great group.

Claude

"A Drug is a substance which, when injected into a Rat, produces a SCIENTIFIC REPORT."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.